main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rewriting the TOS

Discussion in 'Communications' started by farraday, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I've banned for users entering the boards without shoes or a shirt.

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    For any reason.

Not for no reason.

Frankly that statement covers banning for reasons of racism, sexism, religious intolerance and a whole host of other issues.

If you're going to swaer it'll never be used why do you need it? And I'm also wary of it being used not when ther eis no reason, but because the mod doesn't want to admit the reason.

Fine it's a catchall, but not everything you catch is good.

3. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    All right, I'm not going to bother reading or responding to all of this, as most of it seems to be pointless banter back and forth. But I have a few points.

farraday, what you are arguing here is frivolous. What you are suggesting will never affect these boards. It does not matter if the wording says TFN or JC Admins. It. Does. Not. Make. Any. Difference.

Frnakly sicne mdos keep saying they will always provide reason for banning there's no reason to say that isn't required.

They have that clause in there just in case some sort of a situation arises where they need to use it. Has that ever happened? Not that I can remember. You may not agree with the reasons for a ban, but the justification is indeed there. How about we make a 900+ post thread in Communications if a moderator ever abuses this power, all right?

This debate of semantics is going absolutely nowhere.

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Fine.

One final question.

Why do we need a TOS if we never had one before this year?

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Alright, I think this has gone off-topic and has the potential to turn into something that may hurt feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.