main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Fate of the Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by themetresgained, May 18, 2014.

1. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    Err, I think the Nulls where the bad batch, other then them it had to be domino squad

2. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I have almost zero doubts that Rex has deserted by this time. Remember that episode with Cut Lawquane? I believe that episode was there for a reason. Rex has probably realized that all he was fighting for, all his ideals, all his countless battles to defend the republic were all for nothing. A lie created by those in power. He has to be long gone. Probably even started a family somewhere.

3. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    Hopefully he found some type of serum or shot that halts his accelerated aging :)

4. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I confess to being a tiny bit of a Rex/Ahsoka shipper. In my head - until it's contradicted - he helped her during the Purges.

Mia Mesharad and moonjump05 like this.
  5. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    Most clones at the time are in there late 40's - 50's at the time of rebels, are you sure ahsoka would hit on old guys?

6. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    You whipersnappers don't know the value of experience! Myah! Myah I say!

Sgt Crowfield and moonjump05 like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "old guys"

[face_plain]

themetresgained : I was never a 'shipper but around seasons 1-2 I assumed that Rex and Ahsoka had a close friendship.

At that time I assumed that she would die in the show and Rex would help Anakin.

8. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

9. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

I am an unrepentant shipper of basically everything. Plus, Rex and Ahsoka have a cute friendship and in the novels it is hilarious to see her obvious teenage crush and his total obliviousness to it.

gracesonnet and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  10. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    Rex would have been a convicted pedophile, she was 14, he was in his 20's. If clone age doesn't apply to Galactic Court Ahsoka would have been a sex offendor

11. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Technically no. Clones age at twice the rate of a normal human so he would still count has a teenager :p.

12. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Disregard my post. I replied too quickly [face_blush].

13. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014

"Oh, Rexy, you're so sexy!" [cue musical intro to Rex Manning's "Say No More, Mon Amour"]

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So Rex's fate here is...what exactly?

15. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    Becomes the leader of a top-tier rebel commando squad,

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  17. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    If Rex left the GAR, it would make for a cool storyline in Rebels, but if he's working for the Empire after Order 66, his usefulness as a character is diminished in my opinion.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, thank you. ;)

I know all about the Nulls, thanks. :)

And any minutiae which I was unclear on, regarding them, Mia Mesharad provided for me in an epic PM for the ages. Thanks again, Mia!

And it isn't Domino Squad I'm referencing, either.

No, see, the writer of a TCW arc which was underway (but which ultimately went unfinished) regaled us with mention of this future story, which was centered on Rex serving as the leader of an, "unconventional," I think was the word, group of commando clones known as "The Bad Batch."

More detailed information can be found by searching the archives here at LACWAC (sorry, "Star Wars TV"). You might check it out, as it sounds like the kind of arc you may have quite enjoyed! I know I sure would have.

Anyway, what I was saying was, since the 'Bad Batch' arc went unpublished, I was thinking that maybe the concept could be re-imagined, somewhat, to work in the Imperial Period of Rebels (and that it may be the perfect way to re-introduce us all to Rex and his fate).

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    In what season was it going be in? Before it was unpublished

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree that there is a lot to explore with a Rex gone rogue, but I don't know that Stormtrooper Rex would necessarily have to be any less rich.

That said, there actually is one thing I think I could see standing in Rex's way of becoming a dramatic, fully-formed Imperial character, and that's any unwillingness on the part of some writers to explore anyone but the "good guys" in any real depth.

I understand that in a production such as Rebels, it's probably easier to simply brush aside the Stormtroopers as a bunch of mooks, you know? And maybe it takes a little more effort to try and portray "bad guys" in general as anything other than an obstacle for the heroes to overcome.

But I think the payoff is so very much worth it.

Stories where not every Stormtrooper is good for canon-fodder, and little else? An Empire where not everyone serving is (predictably) a de facto maniacal true-believer? And for those who truly are the worst of the worst, for them to be portrayed as villains of substance? I think I'd be in favor of these things.

Who knows, if Rex is still with them, maybe he could be the character to break the mold and show us some dynamic, three-dimensional Imperials, the likes of which we haven't seen in quite some time?

Sgt Crowfield and Iron_lord like this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I cannot recall what the consensus may have been, but this link puts the 4-episode "Bad Batch" arc as the very last story of Season 7 (the author in the link calls it the "Echo Arc," but it's the same story):

http://starwarsonsmallscreen.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-clone-wars-un.html

22. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Rexsoka, a fate worse than death ?

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Sounds about right. At least for ol' Rex. ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    That's true, but the storyline would have to be pretty significant, and likely involve Vader / 501st. I'd like to see a Vader / Ahsoka confrontation where Rex takes a bullet for her.

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Yeah I was sort of disappointed to see how that relationship (not-shippy) stopped being so developed. But I suppose it's the kind of thing that could happen in a novel - and No Prisoners did do a bit of that.

Mia Mesharad likes this.