Clone Wars Rex's Fate

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by themetresgained, May 18, 2014.

1. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    You are right @Trebor Sabreon we should be getting this kind of info from Filoni himself. The frustration is that those who get to interview him either skip over these sorts of questions or are told not to ask them due to the focus on Rebels. In fact, for the WonderCon Rebels panel, they let folks submit questions in the comments section of a Starwars.com blog post. I looked at all of them and about 75% were asking about Clone Wars untold stories. Not a single one was asked, all the questions that were picked were related to Rebels, so they are controlling the message. Dave is always cool about answering stuff and engaging the fans, but it looks like Lucasfilm is putting up embargos. I think it would be good to keep pushing these through when possible, it wouldn't be in their best interest to ignore it if there is enough interest there.

Oh, and to your other question, it wasn't announced yet officially that there will be a SDCC panel for Star Wars, but it's widely believed that Rebels will have a presence there. Filoni has come out for that often when it came to Clone Wars, and since he made it out for Celebration and WonderCon, it's likely he'll be there. But they may control all discussion to be Rebels related.
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    You make a good point there.

With that in mind, maybe a question could be framed as Rebels-related, then?

"Hey Dave, if any clones appeared in Rebels, would they now be in their sixties, or does the age acceleration thing stop at adulthood?"

Maybe something like that could get through? [face_dunno]
  3. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    Yup, I like your creativity there, if there is a Q&A opportunity that would be a good one. I would even be as bold to mention specific clones like Rex, Wolffe, and Fox.

With your talk of Rebels you reminded me of how Pablo H talked a bit about clones in the Rebels show in his NYCC panel last year. He said almost all were volunteers now, but that some old clones could show up as hardened commanders or something. But then he was quick to say that this was just background for their premise that they got from GL's concepts and it wouldn't actually be explored in the show. So we will probably only get generic no name troops without personality. Makes the show sound very superficial.
  4. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't be there in attendance, but who knows? Maybe someone reading this who will be there and who is curious enough about it could give it a shot? :)

Well, that's disappointing. I remember when we first heard about the "clones training the new recruits" thing, I was hopeful that it was something which would be explored on the series, at least to some degree. I think it's fertile ground.

Especially if it were someone the likes of Rex, Cody or Wolffe. They'd be perfect.

Oh, and if any of them were to appear in Rebels (and I really hope Rex, at least, will, in one form or another), we'd indirectly get an answer to our question about growth acceleration, too, wouldn't we? ;)
    Revanfan1, Watto and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  5. sharkymcshark Jedi Master

star 2
    I like to think that Rex was this guy

6. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Not the most interesting thing they could do but I honestly wouldn't be opposed to it. He was still a clone after all, not to troll the clone fans.
  7. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    No Jaig eyes, I'm not buying it :p
  8. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I used to kinda approve of Rex being the clone trooper sitting in the chair in the Jedi Council Room with his helmet off head in his hand (wish I could find that artwork) but not so much now.
    Last edited by Seerow, Jul 11, 2014
  9. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not sure I remember which picture you're referring to, See'.
  10. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

I'm managed to find it.

[IMG]
  11. gracesonnet Jedi Master

star 1
    Rex or not, that picture is heartbreaking.
  12. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    @Seerow

Thanks!

I'd never seen that one before. I hope the original artist doesn't mind, but I was inspired to try to "Rex" it up a bit:

[IMG]

It was a quick work, but as you can see, I tried to give our mystery member of the 501st a blonde hair-do and I re-worked the helmet, giving it more of a T-visor, and Jaig eyes to boot. It's a little dark to make out, but I added a rangefinder, as well.

So, maybe this could be Rex's fate?
    Dark Lord Tarkas and gracesonnet like this.
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    Where is that picture from originally?
  14. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    There's a credit in the bottom-left of the picture.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh. Didn't see that. That's cool. Thanks.
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  17. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, put any old member of the 501st in the picture and it's certainly interesting. It stirs something, no question.

But make it Rex and it kind of grabs you right "there," doesn't it? Tugs at the ol' heartstrings. =((
    gracesonnet likes this.
  18. Vorax Jedi Master

star 1
    He could just be exhausted from killing Jedi and just end of battle tired. The Clones were like robots, whatever bits of humanity and individuality in them wouldve been erased via their biochip activation.
    Last edited by Vorax, Jul 16, 2014
  19. Jedi Knight Fett Jedi Master

star 2
    They were like robots but could bleed and feel things. do we know for a fact that is what the case is or if they just revert back to there old selfs just knowing they killed jedi.
  20. Vorax Jedi Master

star 1
    Your guess is as good as mine. I would say they did not care as they're soldiers obeying orders, programmed to a brainwash trance-like state to obey , and likely fed propaganda and false formation framing the Jedi thus justifying their actions. I did like the Battlefront dialogue with Temuera Morrison's voice over explaining the prelude and aftermath of Order 66, not to keen on them erasing the near entire EU the way they did but its not my show.