main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey and Luke love story....possible?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Astarte, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    For sure - no chance for Poe whilst Han was around but hell .. look at it from Leia's perspective - widow, mother to a psycho, sister to a mad hermit who may (or may NOT) be pushing the intergenerational love that "really should NOT speak it's name in a Disney film or in fact any film not made, perhaps by Todd Raynes" .. eh.. I lost track.

Leia is strong, smart, independent, tough, a fighter and best of all, right there in young Poe Dameron's sights. She will undoubtedly need some time to grieve over Han's death. Why couldn't Poe, who clearly seems to idolise her, be the one to ahem. shoulder her grief a bit (so to speak).

Hollywood pairs up 20 yo women with 70 yo men all the time (AL PACINO!) so why not a much younger couple who are so clearly suited for one another ???

Sails unfurled! Masts pointing north - the good ship GenPilot has set sail! ;)
    (and feel free to change the title of this thread to "Poe and Leia - is a love story possible")

EDIT:

Nope. JJ retracted. Make of it what you will. The speed was about 3 hours :D

Astarte likes this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
  3. Astarte

Astarte Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    uuuuu I like GenPilot....but PrinPilot is not bad either....and Poe is not that young...i´m sure he would know how to console Leia....

But I have to ask you....if Luke and rey are not related....why wuld you oppose that inter generational relationship while in the same time you approve GenPilot....wouldn´t that make you a hypocrite...in principle?

Also...in real life....inter-generational older man young woman relationships are all over the place....and not just between gold-diggers and men suffering midlife crisis....I genuinely know people who have the most genuine love if I have ever seen one....and the difference there is 42 years...and when they started she was his student....now they are both well respected professors with internationally acknowledged careers...they even have children togheter....

edit:

Can you provide me with a link to that retraction Chewies_bandolier
    but why would he say it in the first place? If i remember correctly he said that Rey´s parents are not in TFA....Luke is in TFA? Doesn´t speak much, but he is there....

I´m sure that´s not true...every one person is unique and important....who knows what´s in your future....you might save someone´s life one day....
    I would miss you :)

4. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    I would oppose it because it plays into every single cliched Hollywood premise that whilst women at Carrie and even poor Mon Mothma's vintage, are designated as being too old to be considered to have any form of a love life (for want of a more PG friendly word), it is absolutely fine for men to be portrayed in this light.

Also - as I still see Luke and Rey as having a Master/Student relationship, it would seem to be an abuse of the power relationship. Also. well . this is a GFFA - undoubtedly many people are happy with large intergenerational gaps in their real lives, but I prefer to limit my discussion to SW and a GFFA.

From a biased point of view, I actually really want Leia to be happy in her fictional life - Poe all the way ;)

JJ"s updated clarification - in a nutshell =: he didn't say that they weren't in TFA; he meant that they weren't discovered by Rey to be present in TFA

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/04/reys-parents-arent-even-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
    Eh yeah. Khan, Khan, pants on fire .. or something like that springs to mind... i guess he didn't want to be accused of the same thing in 2019.

5. Astarte

Oct 24, 2006
    But she discovered Luke? Don´t force sensitives sense their offsprings/fathers when in close proximity?

GenPilot is too cute to not be biassed :D

I´ll check that link, thank you :D

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  6. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    But didn't discover that he was her father.. in the 20 second clip at the end.

TBH.. the coyness is really starting to piss me off and make me harken back for the good old days when we could all speculate on whether Sideous was Palpatine or not. It's really divided the fandom and not in an nice way (if you are particularly masochistic, start reading from page 240 on the Rey's lineage thread).

7. Astarte

Oct 24, 2006
    I should read that....haven´t been around in a long time....these are interesting times for SW fandom...that´s for sure...
    "May you live in an interesting time...."

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  8. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    Only a day ago people thought she was his daughter now jumping aboard a love interest train?

I'm in shock....

Astarte likes this.
  9. Jakku

Jakku Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    He's 64, she's 24. He's 5ft7, she's 5ft7. She's hot, he's...sweet.

Stop with the fantasizing, guys. Stick to the comics.

Astarte likes this.
  10. NapoleonSolo

NapoleonSolo Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2004
    Rey is a clone born from Luke's right hand. It would only be natural for Rey to have feelings for Luke considering all of the special moments Luke shared with his right hand alone on Tatooine.

cerealbox, Dra---, Force22 and 2 others like this.
  11. MissG

MissG Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2016
    If Rey is to have any romantic story line I hope she picks the guy that isn't the most acceptable by everyday life standards, but the one the romance with whom would push the story ahead the best, basically please make it exciting filmmakers whatever you choose to do!

Astarte likes this.
  12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    But Rey already knows who her parents are. She just doesn't know WHERE they are.

Astarte likes this.
  13. Astarte

Oct 24, 2006
    Plenty new people to discuss....welcome all....
    now some of your arguments are not quite serious....I welcome humour, but let´s try to stay on topic :)

NapoleonSolo
    you are funny...I am simultaneously amused and disgusted by that assumption

Geminiwankenobi Jakku
    open your mind a little....might miss some epic sights to behold if you are closed to everything but your own head canon :p

MissG
    Agreed

JediAce1
    This thread obviously operates under the presumption that Rey and Luke are not blood relatives...not even cousins even if there are some places in this world that that would be acceptable....
    We have had many evidence about that being true...them not being related....if you don´t believe that than you should stay away off this thread :) (I mean that in the best possible way...what you read here might upset you, and I don´t want that)

MissG likes this.
  14. Ann Louise

Ann Louise Jedi Master star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    So muchbetter than Reylo!

Astarte likes this.
  15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Oh god why.
    [​IMG]

16. Jedi Isurus

Jedi Isurus Jedi Padawan

Jan 24, 2016
  17. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    Reylo is so last week... Ruke for the win!

18. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    To be fair, since there is as much evidence (or lack thereof) for this particular ship as there was for Reylo, perhaps the same rules should apply and this head off to the .. dunno .. ? ReySky ReyDad fan club on the social forum .. ?

[face_whistling]

Dra---, Astarte and nightangel like this.
  19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    just how about No to this whole thread? :rolleyes:
    I go for a Chewie and Leia romance. :rolleyes:

Astarte likes this.
  20. mima123

mima123 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2016
    Absolutely NO.

21. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Astarte - just curious though .. why dd you word your wonderful topic in the exact same phrasing as the original (locked) Reylo thread, if your purpose wasn't to bait or troll, but to have a "serious discussion" ?

(asking for a friend) ;)

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  22. Astarte

Oct 24, 2006
    I could argue the same for Finn and Rey...but that one is not yet locked....are you suggesting bias? This surely can not be so Mrs GenPilot....How much evidence is there for that?
    However....It is a topic that obviously attracts different opinions and that is a prerequisite of a discussion thread....so maybe let´s discuss it then a little in a civilized manner before shutting it down...let´s at least go through all the possibilities :)

what original reylo thread?

Or Chewie and Leia? I don´t see a problem that people ship whatever they want...and talk about it....You shipping Chewie and Leia doesn´t in any way detracts from my Ruke ship....not for me....because all ships are pretty much head canons (I just love that word :)) come back sometime with an argument :)

mima123 Jedi Isurus 11-4D
    I respect your views on the subject...hey live and let live? ;)

23. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Yep.

You are suggesting that LUke and Rey have as much potential for a romance as Finn and Rey, based on your viewing of TFA.

Sorry.

Not buying it.

Enjoy!!

Wrong thread for GenPilot - off to have fun in the Leia / Poe playpen :D

nightangel and Astarte like this.
  24. NapoleonSolo

NapoleonSolo Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2004
    The satire is strong with this one

25. AnneNeville

AnneNeville Jedi Master star 4

Feb 17, 2016
    I don't see any reason to think that they will go the romance direction with Rey and Luke at this point.

However, It would be interesting if Luke found a twilight romance during this saga, especially if part of the theme of the trilogy is that the Jedi approach to the Force (for instance, towards human emotion) is flawed. Luke has had to go into exile to find a more balanced and humane way. Perhaps by the end of this trilogy, he will have biological offspring that can appear in future installments.

It might be nice if he's partnered with a somewhat older woman, however, since he is in his 60s in the story. A partner in her 40s would still be young enough to carry on the bloodline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.