main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey Becomes So Powerful So Quickly - Here's how....

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by topgoalscorer_no11, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I was thinking earlier of the scene where Rey and Kylo Ren 'face off' aboard the Starkiller, and something occurred to me.

Kylo Ren attempts to telepathically steal information from Rey's mind, right? In doing so he opens a 'channel' between them, which Rey, being force sensitive, uses to extract the information that Ren is afraid 'he'll never be as powerful as Darth Vader'.

So what's to say that Rey didn't in fact also steal the knowledge of the Jedi Mind Trick through that opened pathway between their knowledge and memories? She might have also grabbed knowledge of Telekinesis the same way, which she later uses to initiate the lightsaber battle. This theory totally explains the mystery of how she came to even be aware of the existence of the Jedi Mind Trick.

Rey 'quickened' with the Force after touching Luke's lightsaber. The power flooded through her, and by reading Kylo Ren's thoughts she suddenly knew how to use it.

I so confident in this that I think in time we may have this theory corroborated by J.J. or Daisy herself...

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I hadn't thought of it--good take on it. Add that she might have been trained at a young age but has repressed memories that were awakened by her Force vision. Between the vision and her mind probing, it explains how she acquired certain skills.

3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Something definitely happened during that scene. She read Kylo's mind after all.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  4. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    The movie seemed to be screaming that Rey has had experiences with the Force before.

5. redinight

redinight Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Something on those lines needed to happen. A theory of her ability to gain knowledge this way makes sense... She certainly had no problems finding solutions to any problems.. So perhaps the force is guiding her at this point for knowledge throughout the film. She could see Bens lighsaber tactics using the force, but it wasn't guiding at that moment...

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I think the abilities were always there and they all became available to her once she touched the lightsaber. What I do like about this movie is that it left more questions than what it answered. Just like the original! You left the theater thinking about the movie and pondering certain events. One of the bad things about the prequels is that they tried to answer to many things. Something should just be left unexplained.

7. Chewbacca Stretford Army

Chewbacca Stretford Army Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
    Was the scene where Rey used the mind trick on the stormtrooper before or after the fight with Ren?

8. Bacbacca

Bacbacca Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2011
    I think she is Anakin level 2.
    Plagueis did his experiments again and created another Anakin but one that is stronger.
    Luke found out about the experiments and stole her then dropped her off.

Being a force created being like Anakin but stronger, has her flowing with the force way easier than anyone else.

9. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Yeah, that's probably it. But they might've undercut that development in favor of withholding it for VIII.

10. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

I don't think that's the case. Without engaging in Plagueis is dead type arguments, I don't think she was conceived by the Force. Just guided by the Force.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    That was after Ren froze her with the force and captured her. And it was after Ren and her had a battle of wills while she was restrained.

12. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I thought of Rey as being some kind of force prodigy. She didn't need training. She simply needed time and to believe in herself. Max told Rey that the saber was calling to her. This probabably did a lot for her confidence

13. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    SUSPEND YOUR DISBELIEF ADULT JADED PEOPLE

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    She, unlike Luke in ANH, is already aware of the force, of the Jedi, of the 'myths'. She probably read about fabled mind tricks by the great Luke Skywalker. Luke had no idea what the force even was. They're on completely different starting blocks to begin each movie.

15. Blame_It_On_Lucas

Blame_It_On_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Listen, if I am to believe a 9 year old can win a podrace, I can believe a girl can best an emotionally conflicted and critically wounded Pre-Sith boy.

16. Breebel

Breebel Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    If there is one thing that will make me walk out of Episode 8 and never come back, it's the idea that Anakin, as the Chosen One, becomes invalidated by some made up character created by Abrams and Kasdan. It would destroy the entire point of Lucas' story and it's just not gonna happen.

xezene likes this.
  17. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    Would you really walk out of a crowded theater in disgust like that? People would look at you funny. I'd pretend I had to go to the bathroom and then discretely exit through the back entryway.

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This has been and is being discussed in several threads right now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.