main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey, Finn and Poe as aspects of Luke.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthWannaWanga, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I'm looking forward to seeing how their looks evolve during this trilogy. Especially Daisy Ridley. I think she is a fox.

Forcesensitive01 likes this.
  2. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I am really digging this theory. I think Rey embodies that longing that Luke had at the beginning of ANH, a desire for something more than her present existence as well as a destiny for something great, and the rags of a scavenger that she wears visually symbolize that she has come from nothing, also having a similarity with Luke's appearance at that time in his life. Poe in my opinion embodies the sense of duty and fearless dedication to a cause, he is a man with a purpose and has a similar look to Luke when he found a purpose in his life (to fight with the rebellion). Finn is the most confusing to me. I think he represents the part of Luke that is dealing with suddenly having a destiny. At the end of ANH, Luke has found a purpose and also has had a great destiny set out before him by Obi-Wan. Finn could also be in a similar position where he has found a purpose (fighting with the resistance) and also a confusion about the greater destiny that has been set for him (potentially becoming a jedi).

3. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I am also really interested in this. She seems like the most obvious jedi character, but I can't picture her in the robed look of the past jedi. I am expecting her look to follow Jaina Solo's from the EU. Finn I don't see changing that much even if he is a jedi. I think for the most part, the robes will be reserved for characters who are masters in the force like Luke.

JediRocks74 likes this.
  4. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    The only thing I don't like about Finn is that he's not wearing boots. It kinda looks like he's got tennis sneakers on. Otherwise, he's got a good look.
    Reys look is very reminiscent of Luke from ANH. That is fine for now. I'm looking forward to see how it changes as the trilogy moves on.
    I don't really care about Poe that much. I hope he doesn't play that big of a role.

5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I think each of our new heroes will have qualities which are a little bit of Luke.

.......and Han

......and Leia

7. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't see the connection you're making on outfits alone. They didn't have much choice for most of these outfits, as they are specific to certain environments.

The connections I see that are significant are character traits, not outfit similarities.

Anakin/Luke/Rey - their origins all mirror each other.

8. DarthWannaWanga

DarthWannaWanga Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2015

Well yes but that's all part of the same package. Rey is the direct successor to Luke in being the young slave/farmer/scavenger on a dead end planet prompted by an old man to go on a journey to become a hero, but the other characters also represent facets of Luke and this is imprinted visually on a subconscious level to the audience by the outfits and subsequently by certain character traits one assumes.

9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Meh... I think Poe is dressed like an X-wing pilot... so I see more of Wedge in him than Luke. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.