main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub REYLO Fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by jackson384, Feb 19, 2016.

1. asterism

asterism Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2016
    Here's a few that were posted from the old thread:
    1. The Hero, The Villain and the Modern Fairytale
    2. The Descent of the Heroine’s Journey in The Force Awakens
    3. Bride of the Monstrous: Meeting the Other in The Force Awakens
    4. Death and the Maiden
    5. Rebirth of the “Son”: the art of Kylo Ren’s redemption
    6. Mirroring, opposites and the personification of Yin & Yang in the final fight between Kylo Ren and Rey
    7. The Force Bond Awakens
    8. The Normal and Altered Futures
    There are lots more out there so anyone else is free to link to any that I missed. I just love all of the thoughtful, in-depth discussion (and speculation) Kylo Ren and Rey have sparked. To me, they are undoubtedly the two most fascinating characters of the new trilogy and I believe their paths are inexorably intertwined.

Yes! For anyone interested, ashesforfoxes discusses this further in her Rey/Kylo Ren meta: Bride of the Monstrous: Meeting the Other in The Force Awakens. It's so intelligent, thoughtful and filled with so much insight. Definitely worth the read.

ReyKenobi, Mana, jedireylo and 3 others like this.
  2. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Bardan Edit: If you have nothing to add but gifs that are to be construed as baiting then you shouldn't post in the thread.

3. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Thats a great collection of metas there thank you for posting them in a convenient list :)

Mana, Rey is an Amidala and asterism like this.
  4. asterism

asterism Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2016
    More Force Bond speculation is making the rounds. I won't post the relevant page but you can see it here.

Transcription:

5. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    Oh is it from the novel? It is definitely a sign for a force bond.

6. Miyu01

Miyu01 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    Probably a junior novelization. I checked the novel and although part of the text is there, but not exactly the same.

"It is true, then: You are nothing special after all? You are just a - Jakku scavenger?"
    How did he know that? she agonized as she stared back at him. Surely she hadnt thought it! She had tried to keep her mind blank, her memory locked, and still he had wormed his way in...

Ah, he thought to himself. Something there, of interest. Not the image of the map. That would take another moment. But definitely something worth investigating. He shifted his percepction toward it, seeking to identify, to analyze, to-

The barrier he encountered stopped him cold. And it was he, Kylo Ren, who blinked. It made no sense. He pushed, hard, with his mind-and the probe went nowhere.

A look of amazement replaced the fear on Rey´s face s she discovered herself inside his mind. Stunned at the realization, she found herself inexorably drawnto-to...

In the corridor, a stunned Ren found that he was breathing hard. Tat in itself was unsettling. He did not know what had just transpired in the holding cell and, not knowing, was left uncertain how to proceed.

In the holding cell, Rey relaxed against the platform. That she could relax at all was significant in itself. Something of great consequence had just taken place. How and what, she did not know. Even in her present situation she felt encouraged, though why that should be she was still uncertain.

It is only me who is wondering what would Kylo see in Reys mind and why he was stopped? I mean, why exactly at the moment, when he was about to see "something worth investigating"?

7. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    no i didn't draw that, i'm not a visual artist like that.

i just randomly visit deviantart :)

8. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    alright. I have found tumblr is a better place for art than dev art xD.

9. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yes it definitely is! i just can't figure out tumblr at all and i don't want to open an account and get sucked into it and ... but people post beautiful things, very true. keep sharing if you like.

10. Miyu01

Miyu01 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2016
    I am not sure if some of these were already posted, but here they are anyway :)

spoiler tags to save space

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

and bonus :)

[​IMG]

11. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    yeh tumblr still confuses the crap of me, they repeat and even ramp up the mistake myspcace had. the ultimate free editable template that makes you wonder where those bloody function that you found on that page are pn the other page

12. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    those are wonderful Miyu01! i love those collages that people make. it's a tumblr thing, right? i just love how the colours and shapes interact.

13. Dark_Disciple

Dark_Disciple Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2005
    In most fandom I have my non canonical ship and the one that points to being halfway legit. In the case of this round of Star Wars movies, that would be Kylux for the 'if only' ship and Reylo for the 'it's the most likely outcome' ship. I've seen TFA twice so far and read a bunch of meta and fan opinion that points to Reylo being a potentially mind blowing concept for the franchise, if done right. For me personally, the ship is attractive because I like the bad/damaged person A vs good/damaged person B trope that Kylo and Rey represent respectively. Their scenes together in the movie are amazing to watch; the woods, the interrogation, the snow fight, but the scene I love the most is the abduction scene, or more accurately Finn chasing after Ren's shuttle as it leaves Takodana with Rey on board. Kylo has just carried Rey into the ship and has taken off and Finn runs, hell for leather, after it futilely. What always strikes me is the damn music for the scene (others have analysed it and rightly so). It's not really that gloomy or menacing towards the end, it's almost triumphant, like, don't worry, Rey's gonna be fine, she's ok, she doesn't need Finn's help. Her universe is about to get expanded and as we discover, with Rey, her Force powers emerge and she rocks Kylo's world big time.

Tzeen, Mana, Valency Jane and 3 others like this.
  14. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    Dark_Disciple - the forced seduction is my favourite thing as well. there is something so amazingly assured about kylo ren there, he's so confused and conflicted about other things, but here he KNOWS and NOTHING WHATSOEVER will stop him.

there is a wonderful meta on eros/psyche that echoes their encounter really beautifully. the way eros is being tricked by his mother aphrodite and is controlling of psyche but also really wanting her. she slowly becomes intrigued by his secrecy... http://ashesforfoxes.tumblr.com/post/141360308671/bride-of-the-monstrous-meeting-the-other-in-the

Valency Jane likes this.
  15. Dark_Disciple

Aug 28, 2005
    darth_frared you are spoiling us with such good links to great meta (kudos to the writers). Yes, TFA seems to carry on the great traditions if indeed the cookie crumbs they've left us are indeed portents for Reylo. I do love Kylo's compulsion from the moment he has her alone. The way he looks at her in the close-ups, just fascinated, almost as if he's never seen a woman before that wasn't his own mother. And he's still looking at her like that after he's felled by her in the snow at the end of the movie. Mind you we have no way of knowing his state of mind. Is he devastated that he lost? Or that he lost her? I'm convinced no matter how rattled he was by it in the interrogation scene that he wants a repeat of their force connection, even if it means she gets to be in his head. Bardan Edit: Inappropriate

darth_frared and morrison85 like this.
  16. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    He probably hasn't [face_laugh].

17. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    omigod Dark_Disciple Bardan Edit: Inappropriate

i think the amount of writing that the few little bits of reylo have spawned is absolutely astonishing. and it's on point. eros/psyche IS THERE. it might not go anywhere, granted, but it's totally and obviously there.

i'm in love with all the amazing thought that the movie has inspired people to.

Zeralyos and morrison85 like this.
  18. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Watch the double posting here folks.

20. Dark_Disciple

Aug 28, 2005
    An extract from DANGEROUS LIAISONS by Choderlos de Laclos:

"Now, I'm not going to deny that I was aware of your beauty. But the point is, this has nothing to do with your beauty. As I got to know you, I began to realise that beauty was the least of your qualities. I became fascinated by your goodness. I was drawn in by it. I didn't understand what was happening to me. And it was only when I began to feel actual, physical pain every time you left the room that it finally dawned on me: I was in love, for the first time in my life. I knew it was hopeless, but that didn't matter to me. And it's not that I want to have you. All I want is to deserve you. Tell me what to do. Show me how to behave. I'll do anything you say."

I love this so much in the context of Reylo, what it could be as the story continues. Unlike others, I do think if Kylo ends up on the path to redemption, Rey, in some capacity will be important to that end. He resists the call to the light at this stage but if she so much as shows any interest in him at all, even to try to understand him while continuing to resist his call to the dark side, it's over for him at least. She's already a draw for him; he's seen how strong she is without tapping into the dark side. She's an example of power other than anything Snake has shown him so far (and she's better looking). They might end up simply allies, maybe even friends, but then it will just be a bromance really in all relevant respects, like endless other action films. From what has been presented in TFA so far, the way it has been portrayed, with all the echoes from the classics wrt couples in history and mythology, it all points to proper ship of the future.

Force22, QueenSabe7, MissG and 3 others like this.
  21. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    ha yes, better looking for the win!

alright then, dangerous liaisions is going on my reading list! omigod! thanks for sharing Dark_Disciple!

Zeralyos likes this.
  22. Maria Antonietta

Maria Antonietta Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 11, 2016
  23. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    Maria Antonietta i love the style of this one. it's like a lithograph.

i'm having this idea that rey will be instrumental in the redemption but i don't want her to be 'the reason' if that makes any sense. i want her to witness first what it's like to be kylo ren.

morrison85 and Maria Antonietta like this.
  24. Maria Antonietta

Maria Antonietta Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 11, 2016
  25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maria Antonietta

Unless you want to take a vacation from these boards I suggest you stop baiting. Don't come into the Reylo club to post things like that. Don't do it elsewhere on the boards as it (baiting) is against the rules of Jedi Council Forums.