main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey's Doll..........In TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Rey Nemo, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rey Nemo

Rey Nemo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2015
    What I like about Disney, most characters are given some type of psychological depth.
    Which creates more realism, richer people, and better story telling.......

Did anyone notice Rey's doll in the AT-AT? Located on a ledge.............

Noticed it had no face, which implies a person who feels fragmented, not whole, faceless, no one.

The hair color was really interesting................

Was hoping there would be a mother/daughter connection by the physical attributes of the doll.

The Ben/Ren connection is also really interesting and pretty darn slick............

[​IMG]

2. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    Rey's ability to peer into Kylo Ren and to know his fear...........
    People don't know how to look for this depth in others.......................A news article on "Rey" By Emily Rome

I’m cheering for this tough, scrappy girl and the filmmakers who created her, but I’m also yearning for a little more dimension in her.

Source:

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/rey-is-...ooking-for-and-now-were-complaining-about-her

I 'll have to write to Emily:)

3. Azpiri

Azpiri Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    I thought the doll had an orange jumper and a white helmet (like an X-Wing pilot), which would then compliment the fact that when she was resting and just gazing out over the sand... she put on the X-wing helmet for fun. But yes, I did notice a doll. In fact, I thought it was like a straw man doll.

ChildOfWinds, JediKade, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  4. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    Thanks for the reply..................Annoying that others think these characters have no dimensions.........

How can a big time writer of Star Wars like Emily Rome not even bother to consult Disney or a few Jung therapists to get this perspective?

Laziness:)

[​IMG]

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

Yep. Not anything like the image, so no hint of trying to cram 'it' into TFA.

6. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    There is dimensions here to these people. Their not one dimensional........Well a few are:)

It is thought bedrooms are the best and most insightful way to profile someone............My professor would have been kicking me in the rear not paying attention to this room.

Now I will have to go back and see the movie again to double check and to watch what else was in the AT-AT..........

Oh your here for the action? The fight scenes? Ummmmm no............ the doll:)

[​IMG]

7. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    Maybe Luke was moderately good with sewing, but absolutely hopeless with embroidery?

Redimet likes this.
  8. Azpiri

Azpiri Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Maybe not the image, per se... but I do think the doll could be yet another "clue".

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-force-awakens-easter-eggs-spoilers/?view=all

In the link above, they point out that the helmet had alien writing on it and that it spelled out "RHAE" -- another version of her name.

And when she tells Han "Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth"... this could be her idolizing Luke Skywalker, and perhaps her "knowledge" of the Force were from these myths or legends.

And while she may be 19 in the movie, owning the doll and wearing the helmet gives her a child-like personality. And it does add "meaning" to things. I mean, think about it... Luke Skywalker is this marvelous hero that has all these fantastical stories that only myths and legends are made of. She views herself as "nobody", simply waiting for family to come get her -- but obviously, her family isn't coming for her so she's not THAT important (in her mind). So to have the lightsaber and the power of the Force thrust upon her without warning, without preparation... it makes sense why she runs away from the lightsaber. To quote Yoda "Not ready, were you. Not ready for the burden."

Mr. K likes this.
  9. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    Thanks for the information Azpiri:)

Was under the impression she made the doll herself Sunbloom as a way to deal with her trauma.........Arts/Crafts are a huge part in therapy.....

..................If it had Blonde hair then a mother daughter connection could be implied.

Don't think the movie went this in depth as it can in real life............

For some reason (heard and have not verified) they really wanted a "Blonde" for Captain Phasma..........

[​IMG]

10. jimtalkbox

jimtalkbox Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    My impression was that Rey's "doll" looked a lot like a Rebel Pilot. It could mean something, it could just be a coincidence.

Eternal_Jedi likes this.
  11. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    Here is the doll's origins (from The Force Awakens: Visual Dictionary which is canon)

"Rey crafted this Alliance Pilot doll when she was 10 years old, from debris she found in junkfields"
    "Orange fabric salvaged from a New Republic cargo container"

This is canon you can carry on now!!

12. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    Well thank God for Canon:)

Another word for official. Used quite often in fan fiction to differentiate between the official storyline in which the fan fiction is based on.
    "This fan fiction story is actually pretty close to being canon written by the original author."

Really resets the profile.............

Maybe I'll start making "Alliance Pilot Dolls" and sell them on EBay........Take 2 pieces of white cloth and 1 piece of orange cloth..........

13. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    I doubt they would sell for more than a quarter portion of rations.

;)

DarthBreezy and NoeHat like this.
  14. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    They were worth half portion each last week.

DarthBreezy and NoeHat like this.
  15. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    Start pre-burning Vader skulls, this merch is going to be big!

NoeHat likes this.
  16. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    My friend was saying someone took a plain storm trooper helmet and then collaged it with The Force Awaken images and it sold on EBay for $1000.........

Would have to research that one:)

Jakuu is such a company store planet...........They give you enough to eat, that's about it...............

17. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
  18. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    You have the "Handmade" BB-8 Star Wars The Force Awakens Single Light Switch Plate Cover..........

3 sold already at $7.00 plus $2.50 in shipping................It's only a matter of time before Disney will want their cut. At this rate those geniuses selling the light covers (light get it? it ha,ha) are never leaving Jakuu:(

[​IMG]

19. Rey Nemo

Oct 21, 2015
    Are we allowed to bump threads? Guess we will find out...................

20. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    She's into black magic, it looked sort of like a voodoo doll.

21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    The homemade doll looked like a rebel pilot. I think it's either her very famous Dad. Or her soon to be introduced, Mom.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Well then consider that she has a helmet. We've seen crashed X-Wings, but why not where a Stormtroopers helmet. Her goggles are made of them.

I love the quick cut between Finn, putting his helmet back on and Rey in her mask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.