main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Rey's history

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Oct 10, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I really doubt that they are going to go the cloning route. If they are going to have her be Luke's kid they will just have her be his kid naturally.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    That actually raises far more questions than the daughter by stolen DNA route would go. Luke clearly has no idea who Rey is at the end of TFA. A daughter stolen from his chopped off hand would resolve all of these issues and continue the Skywalker bloodline.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I literally have money riding on Rey Skywalker. Like two 50 dollar bets or something like that. So this is legitimately important that she is a Skywalker. I am also a fan of Rey as Anakin Skywalker reincarnated which could be interesting (although I don't think that gets much traction). Rey Kenobi is a big losing bet for me. Rey Palpatine I think is a losing bet too but not as much and it'd be kinda neat.

Josh Gad had a really funny line at a Star Wars convention with Daisy Ridley where he was trying to worm details out of her where he said something like "Who doesn't have a last name? You're like the Madonna of Jakku. That would be like me introducing myself to someone with 'Hello, my entire name is Josh.'"

But really Rey is really likely is the child of someone we've seen before in Star Wars. Because there is a mystery around her parentage. Earned or not, there's no indication Rey doesn't know who her parents are, she's waiting for them. Or she could just in general be waiting for someone with a sign around their neck that says "Rey's parents" to show up and she actually doesn't know who they are. But she was fiercely trying to go back to Jakku, numerous times. And one of the reasons she doesn't go back is Maz tells her that they're never coming back to Jakku.

So Rey's parents are officially a plot thing. And it ain't going to be a satisfying resolution to the aforementioned plot thing if the answer is "Oy, it's me parents! Bob and Sarah!" "Hi, it's me! I'm Bob, Rey's dad!" I mean, who cares?

kalzeth likes this.
  4. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    True. And I don't think they will make her Luke's daughter because of it. I also don't think though they would do anything that would require science to explain. I think it isn't going to be anymore complicated than she was the daughter of characters we don't know yet or she was the daughter of characters we do currently know about.

5. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Bob: My grandfather Shmo was separated from his sister Shmi after they were enslaved by the Hutts. Rey, you're a Skywalker!

Revanfan1, MrDarth0 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    double post. Slow internet.

7. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    We see Rey having an X-wing pilot doll when she's abandoned, that really clinches it for me that she's Luke's daughter. That was there for a reason. I think it would be a huge let down if Rey's not a Skywalker and the only surviving Skywalker heir is lousy Kylo. And she had a connection to Luke's light saber. It just feels right. It would be neat if they'd actually let her mother be Mara Jade. I'd think since they brought Thrawn back into canon they'd do it for Mara too, she was really popular.
    Sadly Jacen and Jania can't be canonized which is a shame. I liked them so much better than the kid we're stuck with.
    If they could make it work for her to be Han and Leia's daughter I'd be really happy with that too. I hate that their only child is Kylo.

kalzeth likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah bringing in Thrawn is a big hint that LFL is drawing from Legends and Thrawn and Mara are probably the biggest Legends character so they do use it. It's hard to draw Thrawn from the Legends well and just forget about Mara Jade. However, a hitch in that is Abrams doesn't seem to know anything about Legends so if Luke did have a wife who is the mother of Rey that would land on Abrams knowing and rolling with it being Mara. But we're in full speculation mode by this point, it's entirely possible she wouldn't be named.

There is a very funny video about how mean it could be taken if Rey was a Skywalker, though

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hoping that she is either Luke’s daughter or Han and Leia’s lost daughter.

Acknowledging that she might be a Kenobi or a Palpatine.

Definitely hoping against a cloning situation.

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    That was a funny video. Paid attention to her channel for a time but her videos got pretty boring after awhile because she uses the same exact type of jokes all the time. She made videos for screen junkies for awhile but not sure if she is there anymore or not.

11. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    I don't think Rey's power is related to her parents. I think her parents are probably just some normies who'll show up when the 2023 animated Star Wars show starts to drop in the ratings. They'll show up and you'll think she's gunna loose her cool but then she'll learn a lesson about forgiveness that'll tie in with Finn's son's bullying B plot. It'll be a good episode, trust me.