main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Reys lineage and (possible) Mother theory/explanation

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Reyoflight, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reyoflight

Reyoflight Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    !!Spoilers warning!!

I think rey is Luke's daughter and here's my theory as to why I think that. I think the lightsaber vision provides a lot of clues as well as her general characteristics so here goes.

(These are my views and opinions and in no way do I believe to be 100% right on anything I'm purely speculating and open to discuss ideas and theorys with anyone who wishes to respond good or bad.)

1) the light saber vision, the scene of kylo stood around the slaughtered apprentices he looks up and walks forward very sternly as if he sees one last person stood before him, it looks like he is approaching rey (or whoever would have been stood there at the time) then you hear what to me sounds like a grown woman screaming in horror! It is very distinct and unlike any other scream in the whole sequence. Now in the next scene where rey is being left on jakku she can be heard screaming come back! Then a scream very similar to the one I mentioned above however this one fades out and doesn't have the same tone within it and sounds more child like as if this scream was from rey herself as a young child hence why I say the other sounds like a scream from a grown woman.

Could this be the scream of reys mother?

2) the scene with Luke and R2, he is definitely watching something or someone burn and I am drawn to feeling it is someone rather than something. In the scene with kylo stood round the dead bodys there is no signs of fire or anything you could burn other than dead bodys. Now. If kylo and co burned all the bodys then why in the shot with luke and r2 is there a body just behind r2 that hasn't been burned? Doesnt make sence to leave a few out. So they either set fire to a particular body to cause maximum distress to luke on top of seeing his students dead or 2) luke set fire to a particular body in way of cremation like he did with his father. So could it be the body of his wife? I think it is, otherwise why is the shot of kylo looking up and approching someone followed by a very distinct scream even in the vision at all? This may also explain the gravestone like feature seen in the final scene which to me looks like it has been placed there as a memorial of some sort as surrounding it doesn't seem to be any signs of it been dug up in order to lay a body there (explaining cremation being involved) and also looks really out of place compared with the other rocks around it, there is nothing that even looks similar to that particular stone. That being said it could well be nothing but its there and it looks out of place.

Havent seen a theory like this on her mother before so what do you think? Thanks for reading if you did.

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You shouldn't feel left out if you don't get too many responses to this thread. There's at least a half dozen threads in this forum pertaining to Rey's lineage, to some degree.

3. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Yes, but it deserves a new thread because the new person's opinion is very important.

4. Reyoflight

Dec 24, 2015
    Ah, do you know how i would move it to one of those ? New so here so don't know where/how to post things, sorry about that!

5. Reyoflight

Dec 24, 2015
    Sorry about this I didn't realise I made a new thread, do you know how I could move it?

6. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I agree with this. I think Rey is Luke's daughter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.