main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rey's personality

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by kylorobes, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylorobes

kylorobes Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2016
    Wondering how Rey turned out to have such strong moral values? Left alone to live a hard life with no family guidance, I would imagine her to be hard and look after her own interests. Any thoughts on this?

2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Can we not include the books OP? Just the film itself?

3. Knights of Ben

Knights of Ben Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 30, 2016
    Apart from anything else, her personality will be mostly "set" by the age at which we see her dropped off on Jakku, which is 5 or 6. That she seems distraught that her parents/parent are leaving her, ("don't go!") suggests that they are likely "good" parents who have raised her well. So her strong moral values are already there. As I've said, while her Jakku life is certainly tough, she doesn't seem to have been brutalised by it. And Plutt would not want one of his best scavengers to be mentally or physically abused, so that she becomes useless to him.

Sarge, Lulu Mars and kylorobes like this.
  4. kylorobes

kylorobes Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2016
    I would imagine a child left so young would become feral, unless she had some supervision

5. Knights of Ben

Jan 30, 2016
    Yep. Enter the Dickensian hand of Unkar Plutt ("quiet girl"), who trains her up to be a prime scavenger (or allows her the time and space to "train" herself). He really needs to make sure that she gets fed and isn't going to be killed by the other scavengers/creatures - as long as she plays by the rules: parts for food. The more valuable the parts, the more food.

Dagobah Dragonsnake likes this.
  6. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    Good genes. :)

7. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Whoa. Yes. Oliver Twist: "Please sir, I want some more ... " Plutt is the Master, Fagin (and maybe the Artful Dodger) all rolled into one. Great allusion.

Knights of Ben likes this.
  8. Knights of Ben

Jan 30, 2016
    In this one though she gets into trouble for REFUSING food! ;)

Sarge and Dagobah Dragonsnake like this.
  9. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    There's already several lengthy threads about Rey. Not to be facetious or anything, but if you have the wherewithal to find a Star Wars discussion board, surely you must also be able to assume that at some point since the release of the film, there must have been some discussion about the main character's personality

Dagobah Dragonsnake likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Are we going to get into one of those endless nature vs nurture debates here? Cuz those never go anywhere.

11. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    For her 2 b as positive as she is @ age 19; their is no way I ever see her being tempted by the dark side.

12. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Surely this belongs in the Rey thread :confused:

13. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    You needed to abbreviate "to", "be" and "at"? I think that's the most egregious overuse of text-lingo that I've ever seen. Congratulations, I think.

I fixed it though. "4 ♀ 2 b as + @ age 19".

Sarge likes this.
  14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't really need yet another Rey thread. Discuss in the main Rey thread. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.