main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rezeptübersetzungen

Discussion in 'German Speaking FanForce' started by Strilo , Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Ich habe zwei Rezepte auf Deutsch, die ich ins Englisch übersetzen muss. Könnt ihr mir helfen? :D

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Bis auf die Mengeneinheiten ist das ja einfach aber ich bin zu faul, nen Umrechner von liter aof was auch immer Amis/Engländer benutzten zu suchen.

10 old rolls
    1/2 l milk
    3 eggs
    salt
    nutmeg
    parsley cut into small pieces
    2-3 l salt water
    maybe 1-2 Spoons of breadcrumbs

Cut rolls into thin slice (or have it done by the baker). Mix 1/4 l of the milk well with the eggs and spices, pour the mixture over the sliced rolls and leave for about 15 minutes. The dough should be damp and firm. Should it crumble, add milk by the spoonful and parsley.
    Boil the water. Form the dough to little balls with wet hands and drop carefully into the boiling water. Add a cup of cold water and let stand.
    Tip: If the dough is too wet, add some breadcrumbs.

I just wonder: let stand for how long?[face_thinking]

OK, I'll admit I'm too lazy for the other one right now.[face_blush]

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Well, the amounts I can either convert myself or use my metric measuring cups. I looked at other recipes for dumplings and they all say to let them cook for like 20 minutes or until they are floating. So what I am wondering is... I add a cup of cold water to the boiling water and then let it return to a boil? So it's just to reduce the temp of the water for a bit? Seems kind of odd...

But thanks so much!!! We are doing a recreation of the Schwäbisch/Bayerisch Christmas dinner I had at Thomas's parents' house. Should be lots of work and lots of fun. Hopefully it all tastes good.

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Going by another recipe, you are not supposed to let the water boil again. They have to cook for 20 minutes in hot but not boiling water. There is another difference as well. Your recipe says to use a closed pot, the one I read talks about a half-closed pot. ;)

I was wondering about one thing:
    The plural of Semmelknödel is Semmelnknödeln. Now, I now that it has to be Semmeln, because you can't make more than one Knödel out of a Semmel, but where does the stupid n in Knödeln come from?
    Knödel is already plural, there is no reason to add an n. Or is it simply another disfigurement of the German language by those people who can't speak real German anyway? ;)

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Okay I went ahead and added that bit. Did Mel forget anything else? ;) Thanks for the help on this.

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    :p And because you're so mean, I'm not going to transalte the second receipt.[face_not_talking]
    But I said it was strange. It makes a lot more sense with those 20 minutes.

Spaetzle

For 4 people

500g flour
    4-5 eggs, depending on the size (the smaller the less, huh?:p )
    1/8 ? 1/4 l water
    1 pinch of salt

Mix the ingredinets well, then beat the dough with the and or a wooden spoon until it throws bubbles up. If you will use a Spätzlehobel (I hope you took one with you, it's the special tool to make Spaetzle with) the dough must be more fluid.
    Let the dough stand for approx 15 minutes

Then you give the dough into boiling water (not too bioling:confused: ) from the plate / or through the machine. (I bet you have to cut it into spaetzle before you cook the, though.) The water should be slightly salted and add a good sprinkle of oil. Make the spaetzle cook once, take out of the water with a skimmer and put into cold water. Then pour through a sieve.

If you want to prepare them further, have a look at the following receipts. (they were not listed....)

7. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Sounds good... Maybe I try this, too. :D
    Nice idea, Timo! :)

8. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    nee 'knödel' kann nicht plural sein, weils ja sonst nicht 'knödeln' gäb, gell? :D

viel spass beim kochen! ich werd mich an marillenküssen versuchen heute oder morgen, baiser mit marmeladefüllung. yummy! =P~

wollen wir vielleicht nen rezept thread alssen? weil man im JC sonst nirgends recht rezepte lassen kann?

9. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Ich habe nichts dagegen und finde es eine nette Idee. :)

Das GSFF Kochbuch. :D

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Nach der Logik müßte der Plural von Hamster Hamstern sein, was er definitiv nicht ist ;)
    Knödel an sich ist sowohl einzahl als auch mehrzahl, weitere Buchstaben wären logischerweise falsche Grammatik. Es sei denn es handelt sich um einen veränderten Kasus, bei dem ist im Gegensatz zum Numerus einiges an extra-buchstaben möglich ;)

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005

Also so kann man das jetzt auch nicht sagen. Der Nuerus treibt ja auch viele Blüten im Deutschen. -e, -en, -innen, -er, -i,
    mal die Vokaläbnderungen gar nicht mitgenommen.8-}

Vielleicht geht das ja beim Knödel auch, dann machen wir nen Knodel draus.:p

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Och menno! Bei dem Titel hatte ich jetzt gedacht, dass ich meine ganze Rezeptesammlung hier mal loswerden kann... aber danach ist ja gar nicht gefragt. :( :p

Das hört sich wirklich nach viel Spaß an und es wird mit Sicherheit ein interessantes Essen. :D
    Viel Spaß, Timo! :D

13. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Die Mehrzahl ist Knödels :p

14. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    ts. woher willst du das denn bei der menge an hamstern wissen?[face_not_talking] :p

ich sach ma einfach, dass es sich hierbei um regionale sprache handelt. manche leute sagen knödeln, wogegen viele andere knödel sagen und das ist auch ganz schön, weil man dann schneller erkennt, woher jemand kommt. oder so. das süddeutsche ist eher nicht das norddeutsche - ich deduziere: weil man ja sonst nicht wüßte wo man ist, wenn die leute reden :D

kann deswegen auch nciht falsche grammatik sein. die schweizer sagen ja auch kasten zu schrank und finden das gar nciht so schlimm und mit ein bisschen gutem willen kann man den kasten im schrank auch noch erkennen.

15. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Die schweizer sagen Kastne zu schrank? O.O

Ich bin immer noch für die norddeutsche weise:p überall n s dran..

16. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    ja, machen die schweizer :) die haben auch mit fondue und derlei angefangen. den schweizern haben wir viel zu verdanken.

17. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Ich habe gestern abend Spätzle gekocht. Die waren ganz lecker und sehr leicht zum Kochen. Vielen dank für eure Hilfe! Und wir können gern andere Rezepte hier "posten." :D

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Wie wär's, wenn wir hier mehr die Übersetzungen der Rezepte oder Anfragen dafür posten? Dann würde der andere Thread mehr eine Sammlung enthalten? :)

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Auf jeden fall!

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Klasse! :D

Sollten wir dann den Titel etwas ändern? ;)

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Nach was? Schlag etwas vor und ich kann den Titel ändern.

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ist doch Dein Thread und außerdem bin ich immer so einfallslos. :(

Ich würde ja einfach nur ein "übersetzungen" an das "Rezept" im Titel hängen... [face_blush]

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Das war mein Thread nur für die zwei Rezepte. Jetzt gehört das Thread zu den GSFF. ;)

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh je, anders wäre es einfacher gewesen. Bis wir uns jetzt auf etwas geeinigt haben... :p

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Wir brauchen nur ein Titel. Dann kann ich das Ding ändern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.