main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Rhi's stuff! [*]Updated 17th May[*] -- The first looking modest Twi'Lek in history.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by rhi-sparks, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I really like your wallpapers!

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I LOVE the Apailana wallpaper. There's a very nice progression of how we see her in the way you arranged the pictures. :)

3. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Handmaiden_Azul & Obi Dawn-
    Thankyou both very much!
    I'm not much of an artiste, but I enjoy fiddling around with wallpapers...
    The Apailana one was a WIP, there was one more image added to that one,I made it for a friend who seemed to like it, so I was happy!
    :D
    Thanks again for taking time to look!
    :)

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh I like the drawing of Maris, Rhi! Very nice (you might want to go ahead and turn your pictures right-side up once they're scanned, to make them easier to view--there should be buttons in the toolbar across the top of your imaging program that will allow you to do that before you save it)--I like her face and hair, and the nice shoulder muscles you gave her (we love our SW women to be buff! :p )! This is going to look so nice finished--it looks nice now!--can't wait!

FF

5. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    She is gorgeous! Your picture reminds me an artist named Rebecca Guay.

6. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    NLSkywalker- Thankyou! I'll have to check this person out, I've never heard of her!
    FF- Hee hee! Well I guessed she'd be buff... I mean she does work in smuggling! We don't see love handles on Han! :p
    I need to colour her in a while, but my computer has too many viruses so I have to use my dad's computer which sucks slightly...
    Bleugh, anyone know where to find reboot CD's?
    Ha ha...
    Thankies for looking!

7. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Brilliant artwork.

8. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Why thankyou Kenny!
    My Maris picture is almost coloured THANK GOD.

9. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Maris got pushed to the back of the queue, when I decided to draw a picture for my friend's fanfic of her character Dania...
    It's a little off but I'm proud of it because I spent a while on it. I then got lazy and photoshopped the background in 2 minutes flat.
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/efew.jpg]

But yes. Maris is next on the list...

Byeee!

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, I'd love to see this one in a bigger format, so I could see the details! She looks great--very regal--and your "2 minutes flat" PS background seems to work pretty well! ;) Very nice (love the gown!)!

FF

11. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    FF- Heh, the two minutes flat backgrounds are the lazy persons way of using filters they've already made and applying them to pictures!
    :p
    The filters take time to make, but once I've made it's literally pressing a button, changing a few numbers... et voila! Background complete!
    The file was originally bigger, but photobucket like it to be under 1MB so I had to resize and lose a little quality which sucked...
    :(

12. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Well, because I want to get better at art, I've decided to start drawing every day...
    And today I finished off some DUNE fanart of some Fremen woman (read the Frank Herbert novels...):-B
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/fremenwoman2.jpg]
    The original quality is better on my computer but yet again I stress PHOTOBUCKET'S FAULT!!!
    This involved lots of burning to make the makes look like they stuck out a little on the skin and on the hajib like thing.
    The background was hell to paint, and I still notice all the errors but have now lost the will to live!
    [face_hypnotized]

13. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I like the Thrawn/Pelalleon picture, it captures the "Thrawn critiques cultural art, while Pelalloen is witnessimg a battle scenario" quite well.

14. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Oh no... The T/P picture is actually a very naughty and dirty "in-joke"...
    :p
    I must go wash my mind with soap...
    But thankyou for looking all the same!

15. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/spikermeh2.jpg]

I am SO proud of this piece. I spent literally HOURS slaving over the shading of the skin...
    And the eyes. The hair was quick, I used some of the hair texture brushes I made, and layered them over. That's my hair. Heh! Well, my hair lightened in Photoshop and coloured a nice glossy blue.
    I'd say this picture is half photo-manip and half drawing. But it's all done by me, so I'm especially proud!
    I realise it's not up to some people's standards, but it shows that the more I practice, the better every little bit I seem to get... And learn! :)

OH YES. And this is SPIKER of Swoop Scum fame!
    "WOOF"
    [face_blush]

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    "it shows that the more I practice, the better every little bit I seem to get... And learn!"

Oh yes--let's hear it for practicing, learning and getting better!! :D

I really like this one, Rhi: he looks Chiss, with the blue skin and hair and those eerie red eyes. Swoop biker "scum," eh? He seems to sort of fit the profile, I'd say! ;) Excellent work!

FF

17. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Let's totally hear it for practicing, FF! :D
    So in my battle of insomnia last night, I made some eyes, and eyelashes......
    (No prizes for guessing who this is! :p)
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/Ysanneeyes.jpg]

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    No prize?! **sulks** What a gyp... ;) :D :p

And it's a giveaway when the character name appears in the filename for the .jpg! ;) Very nice work on these (does she really have eyes colored this way...? I never knew that...)--good shading and coloring.

With lashes on a close-up like this--take a long look at the lashes on some magazine-model eyes: you'll find that they don't often cross in direction (ie., point off in different directions), but will all sweep in generally the same direction. Also, in a close-up straight-on like this, those lashes will appear to be aimed a bit outward at the outer part of the lid, and inward at the inner part of the lid (upper and lower)--this is due to the curve of the eyelid as it hugs the round eyeball.

Think of a string of false lashes: they're all tied into the thread pointing the same way--now take both ends of that thread and hold it over a round shape (just like the eyeball)--all the lashes will aim outward from that curve. Natural lashes do exactly the same thing. Understanding the structure and shape of the elements of the eye will help in trying to draw it correctly.

I really like the "catch-lights" you added--they really give a lot of life to the eyes here--remember, too, that the shadows on the bridge of the nose and around the eye and brow will have a relationship to the "catch-lights:" the shadows will fall away from the light source reflected in the eye. It's true that there can be several sources of light that will reflect as "catch-lights," but the strongest source will be the one casting most of the other shadows on the face.

It's a very good painting--keep up the great work!

FF

19. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Very nice work. It reminds me of eyes I saw today. I was talking to my new neighbor and was freaked out that she had one blue eye and one green eye. Either that or she had one color contact lens in and forgot the other. I don't know because I wasn't sure how rude it would be so say, "You got two different color eyes?!"

Okay, I am rambling. Very nice painting!

AG88

20. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Oooh thankies FF. I shall definitely bare that in mind.
    I was practicing, and next time I DO draw eyes, I will bear in mind that it's all one way......
    :)
    AG88- Thankyou! I love your Poser work, but I fear if I ever even attempted Poser that I would suck majorly... Plus my friend owns it, and I don't think I could afford the add-ons...

21. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    quite some nice stuff .. Your thrawn looks quite good./

22. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Thankies Master! :D
    Here's a Chiss I did for a friend's roleplay... Eurgh, I was experimenting with Illustrator and Photoshop (Illustrator is SO hard to master!) and I've just noticed her body is SO small in comparison with her Tina Turner-esque hair! :p
    [image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/thesweetchildren/randomchissladycopy.jpg]

23. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I like her, very Chiss looking, glad to see you back here.

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I like her too--nice handling of the shadows and highlights on her face (and I think the hair is fine!). Well done!

FF

25. rhi-sparks

Mar 15, 2006
    Bieren: Hey there! I never see you in TFU anymore! [:D]
    FF:Hee, I ran it through a filter to get the shadows but I might do some more tweakage as it were! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.