main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rhode Squadron Celebration III information thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthLucanas, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    We didn't really have one here so I thought I would put one up.

Here is what the Clebration III badges will look like.

Celebration III badges

Celebration III Badges - Collectibles with a Punch January 28, 2005

Every fan who attends Star Wars Celebration III this April 21-24, 2005 at the Indiana Convention Center will be required to wear an admission badge. Far from just a requirement, however, these admission badges are colorful, coveted collectibles unique to the show.
    Badges for attendees will feature iconic Star Wars characters, a different character for each day of the show plus a Darth Vader image for the 4-Day badge. The kids' badges* may be the most fun of all, with Clone Wars cartoon images that correspond to the characters on the adult badges.

Imperial symbols on each badge will serve as hole punch markers for the Celebration III action figure, a Darth Vader who speaks phrases recorded by actor James Earl Jones exclusively for the toy. The figures are available in limited quantities, and the Celebration Store staff will punch badges, one punch for each figure purchased. Those with 4-day badges may purchase a total of 4 action figures, while supplies last. Those with 1-day badges may purchase 1 action figure, while supplies last.

Fans and collectors who are wondering how they can possibly get their hands on a full set of these badges will be happy to know that complete sets can be ordered during the event at the Celebration Store. The sets, which will also include exhibitor, VIP, volunteer badges and more, will be shipped after the show. Watch for coming details on Celebration III collectible badge sets on starwars.com and starwarscelebration.com.

Those who want to save valuable time at Celebration III can order their admission badge online and have it shipped to them before the show. The deadline for ordering shipped badges is March 4, 2005. Those ordering after that date can pick up their badges at Will Call or buy them at the show doors. Register online at starwarscelebration.com.

*Kids' badges are for kids 12 years and younger. Kids under 6 are admitted to Celebration III free, but are still required to wear a badge. Parents should take their kids under 6 to the registration or Will Call area at the show to receive their free badges.

2. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    George Lucas at CIII[

George Lucas to Attend Celebration III!
    April 05, 2005

Star Wars creator/writer/director George Lucas will make an extraordinary guest appearance at Celebration III. His appearance at the Indiana Convention Center during the huge Star Wars fan festival will mark the first time that Lucas has attended a fan convention since the gathering that marked the 10-year anniversary of A New Hope in 1987.
    "George has been very busy finishing Episode III, getting the last shots from ILM, and doing the final mix," said Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's head of Fan Relations. "So we were delighted that he was able to carve some time out from a heavily-booked schedule to share some of his thoughts with fans in person as he completes this amazing 30-year screen saga."

The filmmaker will be appearing on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia, where he will answer questions about his experiences creating the Star Wars saga, the surprises along the way, and his thoughts about what might come next both for him as a filmmaker and for Star Wars after Revenge of the Sith leaves the big screen.

3. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Less then 2 weeks to go! Who's ready for the Celebrating to begin?!

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm almost ready :) Still waiting for my prop tools I ordered in January to round out my costume. *grumble*grumble*

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    And I can't WAIT to meet him and ask him a question or 2???.....

6. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Rhode Squadron, the NJO is planning a dinner gathering for Thursday night. We've also invited Boston, Pittsburgh & Dallas. Is anyone interested in a little gathering that evening?

Also, who's up for hanging out Wednesday evening?

7. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I'll be at the dinner and the hang out. Just need to know where and when.

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Thursday is going to be the dinner night. Hangout is going to be Wednesday night.

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
  10. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Hmmm to go see the big man or capatilize on the shorter lines everywhere else =P hmmmm

11. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I'm going to give it a shot. In theory, they should have it figured out by the first seating who will be getting in and who won't. Then those that aren't don't have to stand there for hours only to find out they can't get in.
    In reality, I doubt it will happen that way ;)

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Lil Wook, I think we should just capitalize on the shorter lines. You and I can cause mayhem that way ;)

13. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Sounds like a battle plan =P

As far as letting people in, they will probably let people come in till everyone is standing at the back walls and just tell people there is no more room.

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm not going to bother with the GL presenation either. I am definitely not a fan of long lines, and there are so many other things I'd rather do. I imagine there will be transcripts of the sessions available later, and since I wouldn't have asked a question anyway and probably wouldn't have been sitting close enough to get a thrill out of it, it's just not worth it.

So, in other words, I want to join your mayhem team. ;)

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Chris and I bought a couple of 5? mile radios. So if you can reach one of us, we'll be able to relay the message to the other and who in turn will be able to relay it to someone else.

Complete! hahaha *raspberry*

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I don't know if Gary's doing to GL thing or not, but either way, I get to hang out with you guys :)

17. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Chris and I leave for Indie tomorrow morning. See everyone there!

18. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Lil Wook, put the lotion in the basket.

19. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Already packed. I was afraid I was going to get the hose again.

20. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Don't forget that shirt. ;)

21. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    That is what I was refering too silly =)

22. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Jessica, Jeff and I are now in Indianapolis!!!

We had a really short two hour flight.

We are at the Hampton Inn until Wednesday then we are going to stay at the Omni Severin..( Omni-Wan Darth Severin) for the remainder of the week.

Going out to have lunch in a few minutes.

Ed send me or Jeff a PM soon!!! :)

23. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Have fun at CIII!! :)

24. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    What? The Hampton not good enough for you two? Don't wanna be in the same place as me, eh?
    =p

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey we will be only a block away at the Omni,Dex.

The Hampton Inn is right across from the Hard Rock Cafe and next to the Circle Centre Mall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.