1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Rian Johnson to write and direct Episode VIII (and also new SW Trilogy - see page 194)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by Momotaros, Jun 20, 2014.

1. jedijax Force Ghost

star 6
    One thing can be said about Rian. He sure does have a lot of energy. JJ was mentally and physically spent after doing TFA (or so we are made to believe) but as of July after TLJ was wrapped and he was allegedly having the time of his life in the editing room. Rian is all about doing this again.

Says he's enthusiastic, has had great relations with those above him and the crew and cast, and is passionate about it. That's good on all fronts.
  2. nightangel Force Ghost

star 6
    and Porg approvement. o_O
  3. MagnarTheGreat Jedi Master

star 4
  4. N7Jedi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I keep reading these interviews in hopes that we actually see Rey/Finn/Poe get acknowledged in them. [face_plain]
    Eugene3 likes this.
  5. IncessantRamblings Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Strongbow Jedi Grand Master

star 5

OKay, that just make me more excited for this movie!
  7. Xael Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. Master_Lok Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very interesting, Rey and Kylo: two sides of the same credit.

Darn it! Now I cannot unsee Robert Redford's Jeremiah Johnson wielding a lightsaber. =D= That just makes me love that character even more now. Thank you, Rian Johnson Twitter feed. :p
    Last edited by Master_Lok, Sep 6, 2017
    nightangel likes this.
  9. jimtalkbox Jedi Padawan

star 1
    OMG, "Ozymandias" is a RIDICULOUSLY good episode.
  10. BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master

star 4
    There are a bunch of episodes I watched multiple times after the finale, none of them being any RJ directed. Because it was so damn good, I rewatched Ozymandias after it aired and Fly and Looper again a few months ago. Good to know he also directed Fifty One. I'll have to give that and Ozymandias another go.
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. ewoksimon Jedi Master

star 4
    Unless there's an announcement within the next few days, I imagine Johnson will be asked about Episode IX involvement at that fan event in Japan next week.
    Last edited by ewoksimon, Sep 7, 2017
  12. Nipuhanipera Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wasn't it named the best TV episode of all time a while ago?
  13. MagnarTheGreat Jedi Master

star 4
    Last edited by MagnarTheGreat, Sep 8, 2017
    DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  14. Princess Peachy Jedi Youngling

I was really surprised to read in his interviews that he hasn't been told where the story is going. So it looks like it's up to him to decide what happens next in Ep 8. It also looks like that the writers of TFA didn't know the answers of who are Rey's parents or who Snoke is. It's up to the film-makers to make it up as they go along! Not sure if that is a good idea. It's like they can write anything and leave it up to who ever is next in line to figure it all out!
  15. soul8luos Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is the video of Rian's interview:

ewoksimon, Tho Yor and Xael like this.
  16. MagnarTheGreat Jedi Master

star 4
  17. ewoksimon Jedi Master

star 4
    There's the direct confirmation that TLJ is only a few days away from completion.
    Gigoran Monk likes this.
  18. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
    maybe if we all pool our psychic powers we will be able to see it ... through the force.
  19. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He said the whole movie is on his phone! Quick, someone grab it.
  20. oncafar Jedi Master

star 5
  21. ewoksimon Jedi Master

star 4
    The fact that TLJ will be completed so early genuinely makes me worry that it might leak, much like how Pirates 5 had been finished months in advance and was then nabbed in the Disney hacking earlier this year.
  22. Master_Lok Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not worried about it leaking, and if it does, I'll ignore it (but probably not spoilers.)
    Mostly Handless and nightangel like this.
  23. Satipo Force Ghost

star 7
    Actually, didn't something similar happen to one of the LOTR films? A hard drive with the entire film on got pinched?
  24. ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost

star 5
    Nearly pinched. It was on the DVD extras that the guy carrying it was followed and then chased for it, but he made the transfer safely.
    Satipo, Gigoran Monk and 11-4D like this.
  25. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, I unfortunately wasn't wearing my running sneakers that day.