main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rian Johnson to write and direct Episode VIII (and also new SW Trilogy - see page 194)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Gigoran Monk and nightangel like this.
  2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
  3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    It's a guitar station.
    He's right. Turn the song around. Chewie, plug in the auxiliary amplifier!

4. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Not that I click on any of them but what are all those videos on YouTube with titles like "episode 8 plot leak" etc about? Are they all just bs or are there some true leaks? There are 100s of those videos in my recommendations.

5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It might as well be...

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I know a singer who can join the group, he likes accousic music and he can really sing. Too bad he is busy with a band reunion. o_O

7. Avalanche19

Avalanche19 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 3, 2016
    That was... something.

8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  9. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016

A song about Canibalism and the last Jedi?

This reminds me of "Under the Skin". Here is a clip where Rian talked about the film. It is a story about a beautiful alien lady who leads men to their death.

There is a youtube clip of the movie- but it is creepy and contains some nudity. The clip is on youtube and here is the web address ending: watch?v=JMr_jtA_Pe0

Tonewise, It reminds me of Swiss Army Man, and the Swedish film- Little Otik.

-----

This makes me wonder is Kylo Ren going to be adding cannibalism to his list of crimes? Or is Luke the cannibal? I can't see Luke being a bad guy. Or maybe the last Jedi is not Rey, Luke, nor Kylo...It could be Snoke. Maybe Snoke is the cannibal that consumes the sun/son (just like Star Killer). Most likely, it will be Kylo who commits cannibalism because of the last paragraph of the song. He does put his helmet in those ashes- so I guess he also inhales all those ashes. So I guess you could say that he is already a cannibal. However, Adam Driver said that Kylo Ren was going to be humanized in the next film. Sort of hard to do if the character is also a cannibal in addition to a father killer. I guess it is possible though....Swiss army man managed to humanize and endear a farting corpse.

Another interpretation is that cannibalism is a metaphor for sex (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConsumingPassion). That just leads to really dark places, though.... Onward to other thoughts!

"The long feast will filmed for mass consumption"
    The other weird part of the song, is that it sounds like the audience will also be consuming everything- along with the ultimate jedi. A feast that we will be consuming with our eyes. Speaking of eyes, Daisy Riddly didn't say something that the word "I/aye/eye" would be important and life affirming?
    [​IMG]

"The cameras Rian’s got these days are unimaginably hi-res"
    Will Rian have a cameo in this movie? Will he be carrying a camera? That would be really cool.

"With the dust of Jedi bones"--- sounds like Kylo's pot of ashes.
    [​IMG]

"Piled high like parsnips on his plate"
    They repeated the word 'parsnips' twice in this song. Parsnips, do sort of look like bones. The word also sounds the snapping of bones or a carrot.

The word 'bones' is repeated more than the word parsnips.
    Bones are symbolic of discovery of your personal, family, or cultural secrets. It is also symbolic of the underlying strengths of a character. Consider the symbolism of getting to the "bare bones" or the significance of "having a bone to pick with someone."

"All the soft parts you can keep"
    It is interesting that he wants to reject all the soft parts. Kylo ren often wants to reject his sense of sentiment or attachment, the thing that makes him soft and weak. So it is not surprising that he also wants to reject the flesh. He will be cutting himself off from feelings of vitality, sexual urges, and other physical desires. Apparently not hunger though.

This bare bones diet, also conjure images of starvation. This guy is starving for something. Sentiment and love? I don't envy poor Rey nor Luke! Crazy needy stalkers are not fun. It could also mean that this jedi eats "death". He constantly surrounds himself with corpses like the ashes of his enemies, dead villagers, and well Snoke. Kylo dresses like an executioner. Maybe he will move on and dress more like the grim reaper?

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

vncredleader Yeesh I knew Episode 8 was rumored to have a weird script but still :p

vncredleader likes this.
  11. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    hmmm maybe the song was just the creator feeling weird and actually doesn't have to do with the movie.

12. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I liked "Under The Skin". I like Rian Johnson.That is all.

Satipo likes this.
  14. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I don't know what's happening in this thread any more with the very literal interpretations of the very deliberately silly Jedi bone song but...

I'm smiling at least.

15. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    some even speculate with this song that Luke has become a cannibal. :rolleyes:

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He feeded himself on Ach To with Ewoks
    Great nutrition

nightangel likes this.
  17. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    9 times out of 10 I don't trust the immediate popular online response to official news farther than I can throw it. A brief history:

*Luke is nowhere in the marketing of TFA*
    Assumption: Luke is Kylo Ren!

*Adam Driver was already confirmed as Kylo Ren*
    Assumption: uh, Luke is still probably bad!

*TFA is about to be released in theaters*
    Assumption: Rey is obviously Han and Leia's daughter!

*TFA releases in theaters*
    Assumption: Rey is Luke's daughter?

*The Last Jedi title is announced*
    Assumption: Luke dies!?!

*The "Star Wars" part of the title is red*
    Assumption: This must mean the Sith return! Or maybe Rey is evil! Or maybe Luke is evil... again!

*Rian Johnson posts a silly song that means nothing*
    Assumption: Rian just gave us the outline of TLJ.

18. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    are you questioning our imagination? o_O

19. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    "Our?" No. I'm criticizing much of the internet's immediate response to most things Star Wars, which seeks to over-complicate things and yet manages to make everything sound stupidly obvious.

Satipo and nightangel like this.
  20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you missed my sceptical smiley. ;)

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hyperdramatic responses to vague Star Wars non-news makes me want to punch a dolphin in its blow hole.

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Okay now you've went way too far :D

23. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    "Does Chorus punch a dolphin in The Last Jedi?! Top ten WTF things to know"

24. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
  25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    A Chorus of Disapproval punched a dolphin in its blow hole. Confirmed.

I'm boycotting this forum until he apologizes.

nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.