main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA RICHMOND AREA ROTS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SuperShipley, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Hey guys, wow - I didn't even realize we had much of a fan force in the Richmond area.

Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Matt Shipley, XO of Garrison Tyranus, the VA squad of the 501st. We actually have a event planned at Virginia Center Commons, Regal Cinema for the opening of ROTS - midnight show. If anyone has any questions or comments, post them here - I'll try and check back when I can.

2. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Glad to see the Garrison has new management :)

As for VCC for the Midnight Showing, I am going to say I pass. Driving 45min - 1hour at like 3am is not something I see as feasable for me...considering there will be work that morning at 7 for the husband.

But thanks for the offer and I hope you guys have a great time.

3. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hey there Matt! It's good to see you again!

I see you are working for Regal as well! We are going to be at the Columbus Theater from opening night to Saturday.

Let me know how it goes over that way!

4. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    You should try and come up, if not then, we've got a possible event on the 27th in Richmond. Are you still on the yahoo group?

5. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yes, I am on the Yahoo group.

I would love to come up sometime in the near futute!

Let me know when a good time is.

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Guys, not to be a hard a** here, but keep it on the topic (just making sure it goes no farther ;) )

Feel free to start a 501 thread here if you feel it is necessary.

7. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    That is so cool.

8. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't think it ever got off topic - he's one of our guys in the 501st and I hadn't heard from him in a while, just doing some checking up - and the event on the 27th is a SW fan event in richmond. may make a new thread, but it's all related one way or another

9. TK-6829

TK-6829 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    Greetings!

I'm a new "soon to be" recruit of Garrison Tyranus. My armor is almost complete, and I'll be joining the 501st super fast once it is done.

My armor should be done in time for the opening, and I'll definately be there at Virginia Center Commons to patrol the area.

I'm still waiting permission to join the Yahoo Group - I think I sent in an application, I'm just not sure.

TK-6829@comcast.net

10. TK-6829

TK-6829 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    An event on the 27th?

There is a SW event in Richmond on the 27th?
    More information please?

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Dont know if its what shipley was talking about, but there is the Star wars Night at the Diamond on MAY 27th...

If you are interested in discussing other events, or the 501st---ANYONE---please START a NEW thread.

12. SuperShipley

Apr 4, 2005
    Sorry, I'll get a new thread going. As to back on topic this one.

If you are interested in trooping, helping, showing up for this - and want to let me know. I think VCC has started selling tickets (not sure) but the 501st will be at the midnight showing on May 18th, at VCC. If you want any more info, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

As for the 27th event, I'll make a new thread.

13. Emain_Alilil

Emain_Alilil Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    would love to go to the even opening night, anyone have any idea how much tickets are at that theatre? Alos if the tickets are sold out or not, or how would be the best way to get them for that show?

14. JediMstrMark

JediMstrMark Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2003
    Hey, guys.

I bought my ticket from Fandango this morning. Three of the 5 screens at VCC are already sold out.

I'll show up in my Jedi costume if there will be some others there...

Mark

15. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    For Virginia Center Commons:
    Besides going to the theater box office, you can like the above poster said, Buy them on Fandango--In which case they are 8.50 each plus a 1$ fee for each ticket. There are still tickets available and may very well be until the end.

16. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    I'll be there in jedi costume, with my trooper hubby. I'll be representing Rebel legion's Freedom Base along with the Jedi Assembly. Please do say hi to me.
    Not sure what time be there-from noon on or what--hubby is taking the 18th and 19th off.
    Pam

17. JediMstrMark

JediMstrMark Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2003
    Hi, Pam. Thanks for the response!

I'll be heading over there about 10pm. Two of my co-workers are already off that week, so I'll be tired at work the next morning.

But what stories I'll tell!

Thanks,
    Mark

18. Shockley

Shockley Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Are there going to be any events near Midlothian or Chesterfield other then the Commenwelth 20?

I have school Thursday and I live out near Powhatan. Whats worse is I'm a big SW fan and this is the last movie to come out for the saga.

19. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    While it may not be as rowdy as VCC, I am certain that there will be something going on at all of the theaters (even if it is just people hanging out in line while in costume)...

20. Shockley

Shockley Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    I wish like hell I could go tomorrow night :'(

21. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    Any coming events in the Richmond area?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.