main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Richmond Coffee Gathering

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    For those of you wishing to be an active member in the Richmond, Virginia Fan Force:

I would like to push everyone to pick a date in the month of July for everyone interested in the group to meet and have coffee.

Details on my plan:

[b]1) Time and Date:[/b] Have all interested parties post between today (6-22-04) and the end of the month (Wednesday, June 30th--a week from tomorrow) at least one date they are available for about 1-2 hours.

Before posting your date and time availability, please make sure that it meets the following criteria:

*Weekday times between 6.30pm and 9pm (to accommodate those that work)

*Saturdays between 11am and 10pm

*Sundays between 12noon and 7pm (some people I am sure would like time to go to church and be home early to rest for the next day)

[i]Please make sure that when you post, that you include times that you are available to meet or to suggest a time if you are open all day.[/i]

[b]2) Location:[/b] I kind of figured that the location midway for the most people would be the [b]Stony Point Mall[/b]. If you are unsure of where this is, please let me know and I can get you directions. It is maybe 15-20 minutes from me and should be about the same for most others. If you would like to suggest another location more suitable for coffee and chatting, please do so.

[b]3) Who's invited:[/b] Anyone who has an interest in Star Wars in any way. Whether you post, or not.

[b]4) The reason for this:[/b] Well frankly because we keep saying we are going to do something and never do. Also, because I think that if we were to all get together and hang out, we would be more apt to do other things.

[b]5) What to bring to the gathering:[/b] Yourself, a friend if you like, money for snacks/drinks, any ideas on making the group more active, and any activity you would like to see us participate in (Don't forget that the third and final Star Wars movie is less than a year away and if we want to do anything for it, we should be planning!)

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please either contact me or post within the thread.

[b][i]REMEMBER: you only have until next Wednesday to post your dates and times![/b][/i]

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Also, because I think that if we were to all get together and hang out, we would be more apt to do other things.

I totally agree. And we should DEFINATELY do something for Episode 3! Maybe an opening night line-up?

Wow, I actually know where Stony Point Mall is! [face_laugh] All those times you listed are fine with my schedule. I work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10-4, so that's no problem. And weekends, I'm free all day.

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm free most of the month but Ann will be out of town during a few weeks of it, plus she works at Stony Point so her schedule can get booked up on the weekends.

4. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Dates people!!!! I need dates, and times!!!!

I am leaving it until tomorrow at, oh say, 11.30pm for people who I have emailed/pmed to respond here (as well as wait for those of you not following directions to post correctly ;) )

After that, I will pick a date if no one posts one...please don't make me do it......

5. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Okay, here are the days I can NOT make for this month:

All Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Sunday, July 4.

Saturday, July 10.

Weekends are the best days for me, so anytime between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays would be great.

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    What about noon on Sunday the 11th? That would be NEXT SUNDAY?? Can most do that date?

7. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm free then.

8. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Ok so since you are the only person to responded, DarthShona, should we move it back to July 24th (two weeks) and we can work on getting others to join in?

Also, a couple of people from Williamsburg are interested in joining us, if we relocate the meeting to somewhere closer--even a little like 15 minutes for them (thinking maybe somewhere nearer 64--suggestions?)

Thoughts on this????

9. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah, I'd give it another week or two to give more people time to get their schedules in order.

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alright kids,

We are going to do this say August First--Sunday at either 11am or noon.

Thoughts??
    Conflicts??
    Questions??
    Suggestions??

11. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Cool with me.

Just as long as it's not tomorrow, b/c I've been in Prince William all day long and I am so beat. [face_tired]

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Next Sunday it is. I will try to sit down and contact everyone who has posted in the section within the last year so that we can get the most people attending.

If you would start thinking about:
    1) what we would like to discuss (if anything)
    2) Ideas for the group in general
    3) and perhaps an alternate place to hold this (again we were asked to see if we could get it a little closer for those who live in Williamsburg and would like to join us :) )

Questions, comments and concerns should be voiced within the next day or two to allow time for discussion and posting of final details.

Thanks

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Is anyone intending on attending this meeting??? On Sunday?

14. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I won't be able to make it this Sunday. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.