Richmond,VA Richmond Fanforce 2008 Holiday Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JoeRichmondVA, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Tracey and I would love to host the Richmond Fanforce holiday party again this year, the only available date we will have though is Saturday, December 13th. How does that date work for everyone? I am guessing we start at 4ish until whenever Tony and Aimee finally leave. :)

I am thinking same deal as last year, everyone posts here what they will bring for pot luck dinner, and brings canned food for donation.

We might even have a very special guest this year...

Thoughts?
  2. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    So since you are hosting again [and not James], does that mean he will throw another fit and leave FanForce again...? Granted he never really came back...
  3. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow...the slinging started quick....at least give him a chanceo_O

Unfortunately we will prolly not make it since my office is having their Holiday Party on the same date at the Charles city Tavern, the old Indian Fields Tavern.

We might be able to show up for a little bit but not sure the distance to go between places. Will let you know soon.
  4. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aimee and I will be there fo' sho.
  5. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had a great time last year and would love to see it back at your place again this year. I wanna try to bring Kim this time for last year's food & drinks were most impressive.
  6. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Kim's been here plenty of t... err... I mean, yeah, great idea! Bring Kim! [face_whistling]

I promise to not worry about muddy shoes this year. I'm learning how to relax.
  7. Shaak_Ti_ Jedi Knight

idk if I'll be able to go on saturday I kinda got work that night. . .but hey if I can I will
  8. Tetmatek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will definatly be there :D
  9. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I can only line up a sitter from 7pm onward so I dont know what to bring.
  10. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like you have the desserts then ;)
  11. TD6829 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't chimed in on this yet..only because I'm not sure yet.

Jean and I may be out of town (inlaws) that weekend, plans are still up in the air.

12. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope you can make it John and Jean!

Ok, let's start posting what we will all bring. Who is first? Oh.. me.

We will supply snacks, soda and other refreshments, and have a smattering of adult beverages, but I think thats best left for BYOB since I could never fathom to guess what some of you might drink.

We will also do a main dish, not sure which though, will post that shortly.

Next?

13. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unfortunately we learned today that a family member has passed away due to cancer. With a wake Friday night and funeral Saturday, I will not be able to make it.
  14. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    wow....they are going to wait a full week to do the wake and Funeral. Thats unusual.
    I hope you didnt mean that they funeral was this weekend and you are missing the parade?
  15. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, you're right, I got my dates mixed up. This party isnt until the 13th so me & Kim should still be able to make it Joe.
    I'll bring some pie and or cake! Look forward to seeing as many as can attend. :)
  16. Jedi_Ace_Mike Jedi Knight

I'm going to throw my 2 creds in on this one. I'd very much like to come, though I'm not sure where this party is. Obviously, I'm the new guy. I will unfortunately have to reserve myself until later. I just got inan accident last night and I'm not sure if my car can make it to Richmond. I'm going to be jacking it up, going over the suspension, steering, brakes, etc. and I might have to order major parts if anything is too worse for wear. so the long and the short of it is order parts, no can join, car good to drive, I'll all in. I will have to let you know later in the week.
  17. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you need directions - PM JoeRichmondVA
  18. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not long now! Really lookin forward to seeing you all again. Do we have anything "special" this year? I know Luke showed his Holiday Special last year, didnt know if anyone else had something cool they could bring. I hate to sound like a nerd but Star Wars monopoly or Trivial Pursuit could be cool. At least I think they made a Star Wars edition of Trivial Pursuit? I could be wrong on that. If I had a thought about it earlier, woulda been cool to buy a bottle of wine from the Lucas Ranch! I hear they have their own winery out there.
  19. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    I have both Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and SW Monopoly here. I also have most of the clone wars cartoons on DVR, as well as a bunch of star wars shows like "the science of star wars" to watch, and a copy of the SW revisited.

What food is everyone bringing?
  20. TGaines1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will bring Brownies & Pie. Is there any idea of how many people are coming and what they're bringing outside this thread? By looking at this thread, there's not much action (but hey, these threads never have much action anyway). Kim & I should be there about 7ish for a couple hours of good time!
  21. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Only confirmations so far are:

Tony and Aimee
    Eddie, Bridgette and clan
    Troy and Kim

Joel says he may not be able to make it. Same with Rach. Haven't heard from anyone else.
  22. ItsThatGuy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ward is coming!
  23. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone else coming? Rach, are you working?
  24. Shaak_Ti_ Jedi Knight

Yay I can come!! :D I just need your address so I can print a map lol

Want me to bring some Tofu salad? It's yummy!
  25. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Master

star 4
    Tofu will be fine! :rolleyes:

We are making a meatless lasagna also for all you vegs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.