main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Ride for Roswell (Team North Ridge)

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by WookieeJedi, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    So the ride for roswell is last weekend of june so wont interfear with SWN 2014. I am looking to ride this year and looking for fellow Bike Troopers to ride with. I know Peter said he is looking to ride again this year. So if anyone is willing to ride that would be great and we will look for best course/milage to do that would work for group. Please post if interested in riding or if interested in donating, and looking to get team jersey/shirts for riders or with qualifying donation.

2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not a bike trooper but I would donate to your cause

"I'm not a very good Jedi, am I?" - Quinlan Vos

3. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    HA! It's funny you brought this up, since I can't physically ride, I was going to ask (in person this time) if anyone was interested in manning a rest stop along the routes? I plan to volunteer again but if we contact Roswell as a group, we may be able to do a whole rest area as just our group.

I would be more than willing, since I already have contacts, to head up the rest area team and be the go to person if you guys want

Dave

4. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey I am more then willing to let you run a rest stop. I am basically looking for people to ride with, and figured who better then my North Ridge Family. I know Peter has rode in the past and I have been wanting to do this for some time. So now with no SWN conflict and a few more family and friend members dealing with this evil disease I have made the choice to definitely ride this year.

72Princess likes this.
  5. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    very cool!

Send Ballard a message, I bet he would consider riding.

6. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I may be interested in riding as well. My mom has been fighting cancer since last spring.

7. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I'd be willing to man the station Dave.

8. ThomastheHode

ThomastheHode Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2013
    I will donate, just send me along the info.

9. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I would be happy to work the rest stop.

10. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    I would love to ride with a team! I did the 30 mile river ride last year as an individual rider in honor of my father-in-law and plan to ride again this year. I am in. :)

72Princess likes this.
  11. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I would love to ride!! I will update soon.

12. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    Would love t be part of the team, but we're coming back from vacation that day.

13. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Ok, I send a message in with our request, as soon as I receive a response I will share that with you guys. I also mentioned some of the group wants to do a ride team as well, so hopefully I can get some info for that as well........

Dave

14. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Doin' it! Just can't decide if I'll do Team Northridge or Team Roswell.

15. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Can we have all the wanna be riders list what mileage they want to do so we can see if we if we can agree on one to ride together

16. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Riding sounds interesting, but I don't currently have a bike. I might fix that situation by the time of the ride, but no promises. I am definitely interested in manning a station or donating!

17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002

I'm definitely interested. I have no idea what mileage I'd like to do though. I will have just run the Buffalo Marathon the weekend before, so I might want to take it a little easy that weekend. lol

18. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    20 or 30 miles. Either will do. It's the ride along the river and through Tonawanda.

72Princess likes this.
  19. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    This may lead to a separate thread but What kind of bike is recommended for events like this? Our bikes are ancient and crappy and we have been talking about getting new ones anyhow. Thoughts?

20. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know how long the whole ride is but ill go for as long as everyone else wants to go for.

21. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Anna, any good road bike will do, just make sure the seats are comfortable and that the bike fits the rider. It might be a good idea to go to a bike shop such as Bert's Bikes, I believe they are a ride sponsor and would be the best to guide you on what will work best.

The ride actually starts at 'oh god early', I know last year as a route guide, I had to be in position by about 6 am and was done around 1 pm. There is food and a 'party' back at UB after the ride, so all workers and riders are welcome to attend. We would also have some equipment that needs to be returned back at UB, but that can be done by 1 person for the group I believe. This is an all day event and very rewarding.

Dave

72Princess likes this.
  22. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    The 30 mile river ride was nice last year but I'm in for any distance the group decides.

Mike

23. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I just got a email back about doing a rest stop for the ride. They are asking for a semi firm head count of those that want to do a rest stop, this way they can position us at a appropriate area. I requested somewhere along the river route if possible as that seems to be where the riders want to ride as well as where my uncle is riding this year.

Also, if there is anyone that has any special skills (Bike Mechanic, EMT) please let me know as that is always good to have at a rest area. The sooner we can get a count in, the sooner I can coordinate the rest area for us. We have 100 days till the ride, so it is coming up fast.

Dave

24. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
  25. David Blackwell

David Blackwell Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2013
    Hi, I did the ride last year. What ride did you want to do. I did the 45 mile River ride. What ever you pick I'm in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.