main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ride Ideas for a Disney SW Theme Park.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LordDeschain, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordDeschain

LordDeschain Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    I'll start, they could make a really cool roller coaster called "The Kessel Run" akin to the rock n roller coaster in MGM or Hollywood studios, whatever its called now lol. Make it inside and the roller coaster is somehow similar to the Millennium Falcon.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    A Pod Racing ride is a given, I think.

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    As I said, I think EPCOT should be redesigned into Star Wars land, with each "country" being repurposed as a different planet. Instead of souvenir shop for France, you'd have a souvenir shop dedicated to Tatooine items. I survived the Sarlaac pit t shirts and the like. The big sphere reborn as the death star.

I'd like a moon of Endor ride where people get to kick ewoks with steel-toed boots.

darthhelinith and LordDeschain like this.
  4. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Millennium Falcon Asteroid Field Chase.
    And, of course the Slave Princess Leia Ride...

5. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Speeder bike ride through a forest; either a launch-coaster with cars in similar configuration to 'Pony Express', or a robo-coaster like 'Harry Potter and theb Forbidden Journey'. Yee-ha!

6. LordDeschain

Nov 6, 2012
    LOVE the idea of an Epcotish SW theme park. The big ball could be a ride through the whole EU universe, the "planets" replace the "countries" surrounding a lake. And all of the rides are in and around that just like Epcot...If only dreams could come real haha

7. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    hall of presidents turned into the hall of jedi, with YODA speaking instead of lincoln.

8. LordDeschain

Nov 6, 2012
    A Gungan swamp in some far flung corner of the park where children and adults alike can throw darts and other projectiles at Gungans for rewards haha

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    May want to have Yoda subtitled for those who have trouble understanding him :cool:

10. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    How about a 'Jedi Training Course' similar to other play areas, but themed to Dagobah where the kids can run off all that energy?

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I can just imagine what THAT ride would look like :p[face_mischief]

12. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    The Death Star maze. Find your way from detention block AA-23 to the hanger deck and the Falcon.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Think about the liability insurance needed for that.

14. LordDeschain

Nov 6, 2012
    A 3D type ride through Coruscant's underbelly similar to the spider man ride at Universal could be interesting.

15. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I had talked with my wife, we think tomorrow land should be re done as star wars rides. They could re-do space mountain with new decorations to be a SW theme ride.

16. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I could see there being a ride similar to the Hogwarts ride in Harry Potter world. A journey through all of the movies--roller coaster style.

17. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    A giant Hoth set, where we can run through trenches and try and avoid getting stomped by AT-AT's. woo!

18. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Can you buy alcohol at Disney parks? If so, then recreate the cantina and the Coruscant night club.

19. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Alcohol is served at every Disney Park except the Magic Kingdom. The Cantina would make back any investment they put into it. I know my bar tab would be enormous...

20. lightsaver

lightsaver Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    X-Wing rollercoaster.

21. LordDeschain

Nov 6, 2012
    This haha, that could be the laser tag adventure, they split you up onto different sides, rebel or empire

22. LordDeschain

Nov 6, 2012
    Oh and most definitely, need to have the cantina set up spec to what it was in the movie maybe just a bit bigger and need the Bith playing music.

23. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    invisible hand drop

24. Sethian Eber

Sethian Eber Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    Same here :)

The odds of a SW-themed mini park similar to the Harry Potter one over at Universal Islands of Adventure are actually pretty good. A full-fledged Star Wars park would be better, but that's unfortunately unlikely.

In Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM), there is not much room to expand upon in the Star Tours area. However, I worked there for a summer over a decade ago and there was a persistent rumor that the Indiana Jones stunt show was going to be replaced with an Indiana Jones attraction (the one in California). The rumor then changed to the Great Movie Ride being replaced by the Indy ride. This was only a rumor obviously, it could have been bogus. What isn't bogus is that Lucas himself has partial ownership over the stunt show and Star Tours and he and a crew have showed up a few times for whatever reason. Obviously ST was updated, but I think the stunt show was evaluated for keeping and they kept it and improved the roof and other things. Something like that.

Anyways, the stunt show has been there since the park opened. It's quite good, don't get me wrong. But it occupies a great deal of space along with the neighboring restaurant. This space could be expanded upon to create a mini Star Wars land next to Star Tours. Behind Star Tours and Indy is a road which encircles the perimeter of the park, followed by the costuming facility and a facility which I forget what it was used for (costume characters/entertainment I think and also deliveries), followed by the parking lot. Even without touching the cast stuff or re-routing the perimeter, there is plenty of room if Indy is removed. More than Harry Potter has at Universal even. There are neighboring wetlands areas that they can develop on, but I know that one corner near the park has been drained so maybe they will try to develop it. If they moved the perimeter and re-built casting facilities and parking elsewhere (which they've done at Disneyland many times over the years to increase it's size) they don't even need to touch Indy.

But I think if Disney builds a SW park, it will be a mini SW land here in Florida. I would say the odds are pretty good and they weighed that in their purchase decision due to Harry Potter at Universal.

BTW - I just remembered that the restaurant next to Star Tours, Backlot Express, was part of a "Star Wars Land" proposal rumored to be replaced with the Cantina. It's probably going to be a reality

NoChesterHester likes this.
  25. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Iger (Disney CEO) mentioned in his conference call that "Star Wars will see an expanded presence in the parks."

What that means remains to be seen. We know that Universal has absolutely taken a chunk of business from them with the Harry Potter area. Star Wars has an even bigger following so it makes sense that they would be moving forward with plans there.

There is no way we will see a fifth park at WDW anytime soon, but a Star Wars land inside Hollywood Studios is a real possibility. There are big expansion rumors for that park right now. We will see how this fits in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.