Riding out Charley

Discussion in 'Charleston, SC' started by motf-jan, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, now it looks like we here in the Carolinas will have to deal with Charley. Hopefully all those in low lying areas or near the beaches will get to a safer place. As a vet of Hugo, Fran, Floyd, Bertha, Bob, Josephine and a few more that I can't remember at the moment, I take these very seriously. You just never know what will happen.

Janet
  2. JediJasonR Jedi Knight

Yeah, this is my first Hurricane experiance on the coast. I lived in the Upstate and can remember Hugo when I was very young, but this is my first real Hurricane experiance. I'm just going to stay inside and hopefully I'll be fine. My Revenge of the Sith shirt came in today, so I atleast had that to take my mind off of tommorow. I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I live downtown, so atleast I don't have to worry about the storm surge. The area I live in doesn't really flood either, so I should be okay. Everyone stay safe!
  3. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, we came out fine, only a little rain. If it had came in only 30 miles or so South, it would be a different story. Looks like the beaches took a good hit with some power outages and such. We were lucky!

Now it is really nice out, actually breezier now than when the storm came in. Hurricanes are such a pain!

My thoughts are with all those in Florida. They really had it hard and I definitely feel for them.

JAnet
  4. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I am glad you folks faired out well. We actually got worse storms from the trough that Charley left behind, yesterday then on Friday.

Yes the daage is terrible and we would have lost everything if we had been hit. Plus sitting in water for a few hours. Have to rethink a place to evac to with my folks and 4 cats.!!!

Stay safe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.