main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RidingMyCaroselOnYou is MINE!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by anakin_girl, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Why would a good ol' Southern redneck want to pretend to be a Yankee? ?[face_plain]

We generally seek to raise our station when we're pretending to be someone else, not lower it. ;)

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Yankees pretending to be Southern usually just end up looking like idiots

Then they'd fit right in, wouldn't they?

Ah yes, the South...where they call 1 inch of snow a "storm". I drove 3 miles to work during a "storm" and theer were at least 4 people spun out on the highway and I was cruisin around 60. LOL

I lived in NC for about 9 months..that's about all I could take. And when people would ask about my "accent" (being from MA and all) I would reply: "Accent? We were here first."

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    we are the state with the best snow storm plan ever...and it's so simple! milk and bread! :D

4. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Good luck finding any before a noh-eastah

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    It figures that now that I can post in this thread it has to be dead. [face_plain]

:p

6. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Dex: You were in Massachusetts first. You weren't in North Carolina first. ;)

Ever heard of the Elizabethan Gardens? The Lost Colony? Jamestown (which was in Virginia--but the point is that it wasn't in Massachusetts)? Roanoke Island?

Not sure which part of NC you lived in...some are worse than others...but I don't know why y'all come down here and then complain when we comment on your accents. This was my experience going into a McDonald's in Boston.

Me: "I'd like a cheeseburger, small fry, and small chocolate shake."

Server: "I love your accent. My sister has the same accent. She lives in Texas."

What's the big deal? So my accent is different from yours.

Here's one thing I love is Yankees who come down here and say "Well, in the North, we didn't do this, this, or this...or we did this, this way."

My father-in-law...who is from Jersey, BTW...has an expression for that. "I-95 isn't closed. Go home."

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    My point was we were a state first ;)
    And if your entire colony vanishes without a trace, then it doesn't count

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    How did I miss this thread?

I guess I did not read far enough down the list. :p

This is pretty funny. :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh yeah. It's a classic. ;)

Just like a few in the Charlotte forum....

[face_mischief]

10. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Yep. :D

The Charlotte Separatists are the most troublesome JCers. Period. ;)

I'll bet James, Eaglet and I have gotten more bans than your entire FanForce. [face_mischief]

a_g

--Calling for a plate of grits, livermush, and country ham, an air conditioner, and my daddy's .22 --none of the above which can be found in New England. ;)

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe, I think you'd hold the ban record, Tracy. Well, for bans not asked for. I mean, when I was a mod... ;)

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    James: :D

Anyway, here's something for you Yankees to feast on (since you don't have any good food there except for Ben and Jerry's ice cream and gourmet coffee) ;) :

You know you're from North Carolina if...

You've eaten at all of the following restaurants: Waffle House, Dairy Queen and Krispy Kreme

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.

Your school classes have been canceled because of "the cold."

Your school classes have been canceled because of "the heat."

You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way (Mecklenburg County, two hours).

You measure distance in minutes. (Is there any other way)?

Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

"Vacation" means going to the beach or to the mountains.

You've seen all the biggest bands at the county fair ten years after they were popular.

You know several people who have hit a deer. (at least four or five)

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

Stores don't have bags; they have sacks (or "pokes" if you're from Johnston or Cleveland County...)

You've seen people wear bib overalls to a funeral.

You've seen a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.

You've used "fix" as an adverb. Example: "I'm fixing to go to the store."

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You think of the major four food groups as BBQ, sweet tea, biscuits, and Jell-O with marshmallows.

You carry jumper cables in your car.

You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" are (and have probably taken part in one or both activities).

You think that a Coke is a "Coke," not a "soda," and for goodness sake, never "pop". (This is important)

You find 90 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm."

You know four seasons: "Almost Summer," "Summer," "Still Summer," and "Christmas."

You know which part of the state other North Carolinians are from as soon as they open their mouth.

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    You think of the major four food groups as BBQ, sweet tea, biscuits, and Jell-O with marshmallows.

Damn, now I'm hungry!

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    anakin girl...you are probably right about the bans...

I am the only one that gets banned on a regular basis...game bans at least...

But my CR did get banned for flaming. :p

James (Sara if you see this first), I need to ask a question about something on banner/icon design.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Really now? I've done all of the below:

You've eaten at all of the following restaurants: Waffle House, Dairy Queen and Krispy Kreme

Your school classes have been canceled because of "the cold." (If you mean "snow" but you'd have to changes your inches to feet)

You know what "cow tipping" and "snipe hunting" are (and have probably taken part in one or both activities).

You think that a Coke is a "Coke," not a "soda," and for goodness sake, never "pop". (This is important)

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek:

How did I not see that slam on Yankees? :p

I have eaten at a Waffle House...and quite frankly, it is nothing to write home about. :p

Krispy Kreme sucks...Dunkin Donuts is way better.

Dairy Queens are all over NJ.

Deer? Everyone and their mother's uncle has hit deer.

Never understood that "fixin" thing...but I have used it before.

As most of what you listed. :D :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

17. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    You know you're from North Carolina if...

Eaten at all of them, impressed with none.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.

Have you ever seen the New York's Sports section? I could wall paper my house with it.

Your school classes have been canceled because of "the cold."

See comment above about snow. You have heard of it right?

Your school classes have been canceled because of "the heat."

Not our fault you choose to live in an oven.

You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way (Mecklenburg County, two hours).

It just hit me to ask. You have schools down there?

You measure distance in minutes. (Is there any other way)?

Most of the world uses kilometers, but civilized America uses miles. Up here land marks are also used to give more acurate directions.

Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.

Run the thing off the road and give 'em the finger as you pass. Problem solved.

"Vacation" means going to the beach or to the mountains.

Can I see the patent numbers on those?

You've seen all the biggest bands at the county fair ten years after they were popular.

I know, its hard to let go, right?

You know several people who have hit a deer. (at least four or five)

You forgot to mention that it's now stuffed and mounted in the living room.

You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

Well we walk ten miles uphill both ways to school during blizzards, with no shoes. Toughen up and use a blanket if you're cold.

Stores don't have bags; they have sacks (or "pokes" if you're from Johnston or Cleveland County...)
    Have too much burlap laying around?

You've seen people wear bib overalls to a funeral.

Don't pick on Bubba. He was in his best finery.

You've seen a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.

Bring your car up here and let go shopping. :)

You've used "fix" as an adverb. Example: "I'm fixing to go to the store."

Why? So you can get some spray for the "skeetas"?

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

What's your address? :)

Oooooo, I'm telling grits!

I would hope so.

Yeah, who hasn't? But have you ever gone yak tipping?

That's funny because when I lived in Wilmington all you called it was pop. Sun Drop anyone?

You find 90 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm."

Again with the living in an oven.

You know four seasons: "Almost Summer," "Summer," "Still Summer," and "Christmas."

Our season changes every 15 minutes. If you don't like it, just wait.

You know which part of the state other North Carolinians are from as soon as they open their mouth.

Your state is pretty big. You could fit NYC and Boston in your state. Trust me, you can figure out you is from where listening to them as well.

18. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Not our fault you choose to live in an oven.

Better than living on Hoth. ;)

People who live in warmer climates are friendlier. ;)

You actually have schools down there?

*looks at paycheck*

Yeh-up. Schools pay my bills, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.