main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph On Earth, Everyone Can Hear You Scream: The Prometheus / Alien Discussion Thread (Romulus)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Feast your eyes on the FULL TRAILER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcHYisZFLU&feature=player_embedded

2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/leekenobi/spacejockey.jpg]
    Looks like the "ribs" on the Space Jockey is just a bio-mechanical seatbelt.

AHA! THE VILLAIN IS REVEALED!
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/leekenobi/prometheusnormanosborn.jpg] [image=http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_Spider-Man/2002_spider_man_010.jpg]
    [face_whistling]

3. VinniePIG

VinniePIG Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2000
    Can't stop watching. [face_hypnotized]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I mean, like, damn. :cool:

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There is a still within the trailer of what looks like a face-hugger attacking someone in what looks like a cryo tube; I can't tell if it's Theron or Rapace, but it definitely looks like a woman.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    SWEETNESS!!! Still are we being led to believe that the alien race was going to go to earth and let loose the xenomorph? Which there is an apparent version at 1:37 in the trailer.

Awesome, but it's a prequel. Straight up prequel.

and I think we are being lead to believe that the jockey in Alien is actually one of the crew...Fassbender perhaps?

7. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Problem is that Fassbender's character David is a synthetic. I doubt a parasitic organism would have much use for him.

EDIT - Not to mention, he's not bloody 20 feet tall.
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/aliens/images/2/26/SpaceJockey.jpg]

8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Compare that picture to this one:

[image=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2011/12/whoisthat-1.jpg]

He is tall. Perhaps changed if that is an infected human. I think I have a guess as to what is going to happen here. But I'll think about it.

9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    God this looks amazing. I'm looking forward to this more than TDKR, Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man and the Hobbit.

11. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
  12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This looks too good to be true.

13. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Looking forward to this movie more than any I can think of in a long time.
    I'll definitely be seeing this at a midnight showing somewhere.

14. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    So...who's got a leaked copy? I can't trust the sites that boast having it.

Edit:

[image=http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/7836-422.gif] I prefer the term "artificial person" myself.

15. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    leaked copy of what?

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss :D

17. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    The marketing for this movie has been awesome, I seriously it delivers what it looks like it will.

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I hope this is the proper thread. I thought there was another updated recently.

A couple of hints on Prometheus sequel and Bladerunner

Prometheus 2

Director Ridley Scott offers these hints for the sequel, which certainly ties in with the movie's suggestion that Shaw and David are headed to the Engineers' home planet:
    I hadn't done sci-fi for so long and I enjoyed doing it. Plus, when it comes to the Alien world, no one else had addressed the origin question and I thought that was interesting to tackle. Prometheus evolved into a whole other universe. You've got a person [Noomi Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw] with a head in a bag [ Michael Fassbender's David] that functions and has an IQ of 350. It can explain to her how to put the head back on the body and she's gonna think about that long and hard because, once the head is back on his body, he's dangerous.
    So that's the sequel?
    [Laughs] I wish it was that easy. They're going off to paradise but it could be the most savage, horrible place. Who are the Engineers?​

Blade Runner Sequel

Ridley Scott also briefly confirms that he is indeed still working on the sequel to Blade Runner, specifically whether the movie will bring back its original star — who, just so you know, is definitely a replicant now:
    It's not a rumour – it's happening. With Harrison Ford? I don't know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don't know how long he can live [laughs]. And that's all I'm going to say at this stage​

19. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Eh. I don't know. Perhaps Ridley Scott should just leave well enough alone before he becomes as big a joke as George Lucas?

tom and jp-30 like this.
  20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_plain]

jp-30 likes this.
  21. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Anyone picked up the Blu-Ray? I splurged for the 4-disc set so I could get the documentary, which is extraordinary (the runtime is something like 3 hours & 45 minutes, with an additional hour's worth of video accessible through pop-up capsules).

Haven't finished watching it all yet (about halfway through, doing it in stages) but, as one might expect, it's very thorough (including a look at some great costume tests and a brief screen test/proof of concept video they shot in some factory). In many cases you're even there when they make some of the decisions that ultimately proved to be bad in the film ;).

The sets on the film are mighty impressive, I must say. It's not something we've really seen on films like this in a very long time, in this age of green screen.

Deleted scenes are interesting, but only add a little- the alternate Fiefeld creature attack is much, much better than the cheap zombie version in the film. And the alternate/extended Engineer.Shaw fight is pretty good too.

The two bits of most interest is an extended version of the David/Engineer/Weyland scene and a brief scene with the scientist that later gets killed by the cobra-worm, where he's all giddy about a smaller worm creature he finds earlier. This at least explains his attitude and stupidity around the cobra worm a little.

23. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I found a lot of explanations in the deleted material. Makes me wish it was in the feature film. ;)

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I quite liked the alternate Engineer/Shaw fight, and the extended cut of David/Engineer/Weyland. Gives the Engineers a level of non-monstrous behaviour. These were on the iTunes Extras; no documentary though, I believe.

edit: Same here, Quixotic! Really wish we get an EE of this film eventually, which seems likely enough. I mean, if we can get a pointless EE of Gladiator, surely a film that actually benefits from its deleted scenes is OK :p

25. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Well, directing a movie that wins Best Picture always helps with that sort of thing.