main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph On Earth, Everyone Can Hear You Scream: The Prometheus / Alien Discussion Thread (Romulus)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Still...... ID4 part 3 could have a twist. Like the "good A.I." aliens started the war against the "bad Harvesters".

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    True. I will wait for the VHS release though.

Darth Basin likes this.
  3. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

Ha Ha. And REM will put on a reunion tour promoting the VHS with live versions of "Its The End Of The World As We Know it"

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Indeed. It could happen. Incredibly and extremely unlikely but... :D

Darth Basin likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Teaser clip.

Yep. That's it.

Darth Basin, TX-20 and spicer like this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Instant hype. Film will be good.

Darth Basin, TX-20 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I hope it will. The film should have no where to go but up(hopefully) in comparison to how Prometheus turned out.

Darth Basin and seventhbeacon like this.
  8. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    No comment.

Alright I enjoyed Promethues. The ending and sillyness was silly though and tarnished the rest of the film- as soon as the Engineer is woken up, it goes weird.

I fear the opposite though, that Ridley will bend over backwards to please the people who didn't like Promethues that it'll be an Alien film- been there done that. And that it'll forget the first film.

I'm optimistic about it, Noomi Rapace is back and the set photos show a well SPOILER something that would/could belong in a (the) sequel to Promethues.
    I'LL tag it just in case.

The set pictures showed an open style chamber like the head chamber in the Engineer's ship surrounded by Pompei style frozen statues. The Head is crumbled and there's rubble every where.

This makes me so so happy. And it follows from what Ridley has said about where the sequel would take us.

TX-20 likes this.
  9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I enjoyed Prometheus...more or less. I just enjoyed the first script/screenplay better than what was put on film. I'm glad Rapace is back and am looking forward to the new film.

Darth Basin and Darthmaul208 like this.
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Darth Basin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Big boy? Will we finally see the Alien King?

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    No please NO!

Darth Basin likes this.
  13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    By "the big boy", I think they are referring to the classic xenomorph.

Darth Basin and Revyl Ren like this.
  14. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ahhh. Ok.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Some seemingly bona-fide Alien: Covenant spoilers re. the creatures / alien design in the film. Click if one dares but the opening graph on AV club is pretty funny anyway re. Michael Fassbender quote

During a recent interview with BBC Radio 2, Prometheus and Alien: Covenant star Michael Fassbender told a story about the first time he saw the original Alien. That on its own isn’t especially interesting, but what is interesting is that Fassbender referred to the monster in the movie as a “Neomorph,” not a Xenomorph—the official name for the thing. This has caused people to theorize that the monsters in the upcoming Alien: Covenant will be called Neomorphs, setting them apart from the traditional Xenomorphs we know and love. However, they don’t generally call the things Xenomorphs in the movies and Fassbender is far too handsome to spend time obsessing over the details of the Alien expanded universe (even if he is part of it), so there’s a very good chance he was just confused.

Darth Basin and TX-20 like this.
  16. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I'm really hoping in this new movie, they keep running in the direction of the path of the giant donut ship again, rather than at an angle that takes them out of it. Brilliant scientists indeed!

I think having different writers will give this movie much more potential to be decent. Still would rather see Blomkamp's Alien 5 though!

Darth Basin likes this.
  17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    An attempt at social commentary that is progressively worse in comparison to his previous films, capped off by a big stupid action sequence in a robot war suit?

Darth Basin, Trip and TX-20 like this.
  18. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Can't wait to see xenos fighting in Joburg.

Darth Basin and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015

That's a lot of assumptions about what it will be. Plus, it still sounds better than what we got with Prometheus. Or honestly, more than half of Scott's back catalog produced since Gladiator. I realize Blomkamp has only three films under his belt, but considering how good the first two were (I didn't see Chappie, so I'm not able to comment on its quality), I think a little benefit of the doubt is earned.

Darth Basin likes this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I really liked Prometheus, the ending was a let down but it was still really enjoyable.
    As much as "Alien 5" sounds like a nice idea, I don't really care. I have four other films with people fighting aliens, I don't particularly need another one (Unless a Resurrection spin off is mentioned!).
    I am very happy they went with Prometheus 2 instead of Alien 5 because it will be taken in an unexpected direction and be something we have never seen before.

I just hope that the "Alien" connections are turned down- I don't want to see an Alien film but am very worried that is what they'll do.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

I really liked Prometheus as well!

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Eh, I'm just teasing that guy. Ridley Scott has been completely awful since Gladiator.

Darth Basin likes this.
  23. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    The problem with Prometheus for me is that there was actually a lot about it that was very good, it was visually very well directed indeed, excellent design, excellent soundtrack and a lot of the cast(especially Fassbender) excellent. Those positives made the weakness of the script that much more obviously and honestly I think Lindelof is a poor screen writer incapable of putting together a plot that isn't muddled/cluttered.

You get the script right and I think rest of the people behind Prometheus are more than capable of delivering something worthwhile.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    FIRST TEASER POSTER
    [​IMG]

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    3 months earlier! 3 months earlier! This is not a drill, people!!!

bigger one with the scary badass one word text

[​IMG]