main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph On Earth, Everyone Can Hear You Scream: The Prometheus / Alien Discussion Thread (Romulus)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    A Streetcar Named Ripley.

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The Queen Of Oz. We represent the Chestburster Guild...

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    On The Nostromo... "I coulda been someone... I coulda been a chestburster..."

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    To Wayland Industries, Thanks for Everything! Ellen Ripley.

5. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Okay one more: Of Engineers and Xenomorphs/Aliens

I was thinking about this. Maybe He's going to pull a fast one and it will be like ALIENS Where there's a time jump and we realise the characters aren't where we think they should be? I mean maybe we find Shaw and David in stasis aboard the ship not even reaching the Engineer planet? What about if they find the planet abandoned save for the Xenomorphs who have taken over.

*Crackpot*
    They reach a ship but somehow end up in the stasis and they wake up by ANOTHER team who then discover the planet is overrun by Xenomorphs who have now evolved and look like the classic one.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I heard speculation that the Xenomorphs are some kind engineered bio-weapon made for war. Which opens a new door that the engineers could be at war with any species.

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    they're at war with predator

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Ridley's just said on radio that he's shooting the sequel in January , so it must be a definite go .

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'd pay to see Aliens vs. Star Trek. Xenomorphs loose on the Starship Enterprise. Also Batman vs. Aliens.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Not that I think that would happen, but it would be interesting to see a militarized predator army.

The predators we've seen are hunters, possibly rednecks. :p

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The closest to the latter would be this:

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Rambo vs. Alien vs. Predator.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    that's precious

14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Maybe it was just me? But I thought the bioweapon stuff was near canon? I thought it was common knowledge now.
    A predator army? Nice Idea but I just can't quite see it.

* I thought also the war thing was kinda answered by Ridley? He said they on there way to Earth to destroy us because we killed Christ - we was an Engineer.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ That's all news to me. I'm a novice fan of the "Alien" franchise.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The bio weapon backstory predates the Engineer backstory (in the real world) and the Jesus stuff was either cut from the script or left intentionally ambiguous.

Even if we only see them using it to wipe out their failed creations, that doesn't preclude other races being at war with them or other rogue failed experiments like ourselves.

Likewise, even though they're not directly acknowledging the AVP & P films with these movies, they still fit into the same universe currently so the Yautja would make perfect rivals (or imitators- would explain the Predators-as-gods angle if they're filling the void of the mostly-gone Engineers and co-opted one of their bio weapons in the process for hunting purposes).

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Man was I underwhelmed with the Space Jockey stuff last time around. Way to take something potential interesting/unique and turn it into something generic/lame Mr. Scott. I'm not all that interested in seeing more of his "vision" at this point.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's some deep stuff. None of that was referenced in Alien 3 or 4, right?

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No- the bio weapon backstory was basically what Ridley would say in interviews or DVD commentaries over the years- and that talk eventually led to Prometheus. But it was never in the film's (outside of the company wanting to weaponize them).

It would be interviews for Prometheus where the Jesus-was-an-Engineer theories originated from.

The rest of the Yautja stuff would primarily be in AVP1.

The Engineers using Xenos/black goo to wipe out failed creations would be overtly presented in Prometheus properly however.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah that happened. Twice.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  21. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I'll be damned

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Jesus stuff was about as ambiguous as the "let's give the seriously religious Catholic scientist an abortion" scene. It was the only real explanation for "for some reason just over 2000 years ago they decided to wipe us out" at the time of the explanation...

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @The2ndQuest IT Isn't just a theory though. Ridley Said so himself. He's mentioned it several times. I have a copy of the original script to read but I believe it has a bigger chunk of well "Christigneer"
    @Sith_Sensei__Prime It's been mentioned in interviews like The 2nd Quest said.

*What I don't get or I think anyone because it's not clear. They go there because of the "messages" on Earth pointing to the planet but they get there and discover it's a staging area for the ships containing the vases (I laugh so hard when they pronounce it * Americans ! ). Then they realise What it is and that it's heading to Earth ( I mean one hell of a chance that. The first ship they go to is the one for Earth.) to destroy us. Now what's the point of the message?

I solved this by saying it's a warning. This is where we will come from to annihilate you. "That is the sound of a thousand terrible things heading this way" to quote Qui-Gon.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, no I knew it was more explicitly cut from the final cut of the film (along with the Crucifixion scene), but even in the theater my mind had no problem understanding what was being said and groaning and rolling my eyes...

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @dp4m I don't believe you. There wasn't any scene like that I thought? Ridley mentioned it was an idea but I didn't think it was in the script or there were flashbacks?