main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Rift: The Dunes of Time (Crossover)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zedd-Vega, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Approved by LightSide_Apprentice and NaboosPrincess

Rift: The Dunes of Time

Timemaster, a powerful scientist from another time, still lives in fear of his own mortality. But having discovered the key to eternal life, he has embarked upon a quest to find a power-source mighty enough to enact his plans. To that end, he has observed the movements of multiple beings from other worlds with great interest...

Now, heroes and villains from various timelines and worlds have been flung into worlds that may or may not seem familiar to them at all. Whatever their personal motives may be, their goal is to return back to their rightful place in time, no matter what the cost. In order to do that, they need to defeat the Timemaster before he gains what he believes should be his: eternal life...
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/timemaster.jpg]

Welcome to [i][b]Rift: The Dunes of Time[/b][/i]. This game is a [i]massive crossover[/i] game, but there is one such limitation: [b]characters may only be from a video game or series of video games that are [i]not[/i] based on a television series or movie series[/b]. This means that Resident Evil is allowed, but Dragonball Z and any Marvel Games are not allowed.

[hr]

[b]Rules[/b]: All standard RPF rules apply: No moding, no flaming, no spam, etc. If you don?t know these standard rules, please refresh yourselves on them or do not bother to join at all. Violation of these rules will result in removal of the game.

Players may have up to two characters. More may be allowed with GM permission, but please try to keep them diverse if you play more than two. (Not Cloud and Yuffie and then you want to play Barret too).

Your characters [i]can[/i] and [i]may[/i] die. Based upon your actions in the game, your character won?t be ?knocked out?, they will be killed if they make a bad decision. If you happen to have healing abilities, that is fine, but don?t think that you can heal and defeat an opponent in one post. If I can give you the benefit of the doubt, then you may be allowed to heal quickly.

[b]PM ALL CHARACTER SHEETS[/b]. How many people ignore this rule and post their sheets and assume that they can play? I?m not usually mean to players, especially newer ones, but if you do this: I will never allow you to play. Sheets posted without approval will be void now and forever. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

[hr]

[b][i]Character Sheet[/i][/b]
    Name/Nickname:
    Game in which you originate:
    Biography:

[hr]

2. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    GM Approved Characters (Not NPC's)

Name/Nickname: Big the Cat
    Powers/Weapons: Lift, push, carry, throw heavy things, use his body to crush his opponents, use his fishing rod to fish and attack an enemy
    Game in which you originate: Sonic Adventure
    Biography: Big
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/Big.jpg]

Name/Nickname: Razputin / Raz
    Powers/Weapons: Psi-Blast, levitation, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, invidibility, psi-shield, clairvoyance, confusion
    Game in which you originate: Psychonauts
    Biography: Razputin
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/Razputin.jpg]

Name/Nickname: Vincent Valentine
    Powers/Weapons: Gun, magic
    Game in which you originate: Final Fantasy VII
    Biography: Vincent Valentine
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/Vincent.jpg]

Name/Nickname: Blinx the Time Sweeper
    Powers/Weapons: Time Sweeper that can pause, rewind, slow, record, and fast forward time itself
    Game in which you originate: Blinx the Time Sweeper
    Biography: Blinx
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/Blinx.jpg]

3. Admiral_AckBrad

Admiral_AckBrad Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    GM Approved

Character Sheet
    Name/Nickname: Earthworm Jim
    Powers/Weapons: Jim has the "ultra high tech indestructible super space cyber suit", incredible strength (For a worm), Rapid fire blaster, hovering and swinging using worm head, and various other worm abilities.
    Game in which you originate: Earthworm Jim (Genesis)
    Biography:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm_Jim#Fan_sites

[image=http://www.playerschoicegames.com/earthjim2screen1.jpg]

4. OblivionXIII

OblivionXIII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2006
    GM Approved

Name/Nickname: Paul Phoenix
    Powers/Weapons: Nothing but the four limbs attached to his body.
    Game in which you originate: The Tekken series
    Biography: Paul Phoenix
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Paul5.jpg]

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ZEDD-VEGA APPROVED

Name/Nickname: Sonic the Hedgehog
    Powers/Weapons: Super Speed, and can turn himself into a buzz saw, a tornadoâ?¦ or any number of other variations. When using power rings can move even faster, and even has a super form when he can use the Chaos Emeralds. Also listed in his Bio
    Game in which you originate: Sonic the Hedgehog thruâ?¦ however many renditions you can think of.
    Biography: Biography

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/sshedgehog/Sonic%20X/sonicxsonic.png]

6. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Approved by the almighty GM.

Name/Nickname: Mega Man (Rock Man)
    Powers/Weapons: 1) Mega Buster, 2)Variable Weapons System (allows him to adapt the powers of a defeated enemy)
    Game in which you originate: Mega Man (classic version)
    Biography: Bio

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Mega_Man_from_the_cover_art_of_Rockman_1_CW.jpg]

Also with GM approval:

Name: Rush
    Powers/Weapons: Transforms his robotic body to aid Mega Man during battle.

[image=http://webzoom.freewebs.com/megamanhaven/normal_rushmm7.jpg]

7. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    GM NOTICE

The game itself has started! You will only be required to make an opening post where your world is crumbling because of the massive rift left in the timestream by Timemaster. After that, you will be brought by the GM (me) to Patriot City where your characters will progress with posts given to you by the GM (yours truly once again). My opening post will and can serve as an example for the rest of you. I hope you enjoy the game and what is in store!

Vincent Valentine, Big the Cat, Razputin

Patriot City, Freedom Fortress, Computer Room

Mentor, the alien visitor from another world, stood before three heroes darkened by the shadows themselves, concealing their identities from any prying eyes that may have been watching. The psychic alien paced in front of them, his green cape flowing behind him as his eyes turned to each of them slowly.

?You have your mission gentlemen,? Mentor finished, his tone sounding concerned for the consequences that could come from it. ?The safety of your worlds, and more importantly, time itself is in your hands. Timemaster has summoned various beings from the timestream in order to fuel his own power. You mustn?t fail. Godspeed, my friends...?

Moments later, outside the Freedom Fortress, the three heroes emerged from the dark doorway, revealing each of their identities as the bright sunlight hit them from a dramatic angle.

Exiting first, a large purple figure lumbered through the doorway, a yellow fishing pole resting on his shoulder. Big the Cat he was called, or just Big to his close friends, stood about 6'7" tall and was a behemoth among beings in his world. He had been taken from his world by Timemaster, who kidnaped his best friend Froggy after realizing that the being Chaos had absorbed him, leaving a remarkable amount of energy in the small amphibian. Big, left alone and helpless, was summoned by Mentor to defeat Timemaster and return both Froggy and himself back to their time.

Next, a smaller figure about 6'0" tall exited, a crimson red cloak flowing in the summer breeze behind him. He was Vincent Valentine, taken from his world because Timemaster sought out Jenova and encountered more than a fair share of resistance. Vincent, determined to bring Tiemmaster to justice, followed him through the timestream and encountered Mentor in Patriot City. Vincent and Mentor exchanged explanations of what happened in their worlds regarding Timemaster, and Vincent agreed to help stop him once and for all, no matter what the cost.

Finally, a much smaller figure than the first two emerged, the sunlight beaming from the goggles on his aviator cap. Razputin, a ten year old boy from a camp for psychic children, was specifically summoned by Mentor when he revealed to the boy that Timemaster was after the brain of Ford Cruller, seeing as how it held much psychic energy. Razputin agreed to protect his idol by retrieving him and returning them both safely to his time.

The three walked out towards the street, standing on the curb, standing tallest to shortest, left to right. Razputin looked up to the others and rested his eyes on Vincent.

?So, what do we do now Vincent?? Raz asked, looking to the man as if he held every answer in his very psyche. Vincent stayed silent a moment and folded his arms, closing his eyes as he began to speak.

?Find Timemaster. Defeat him. Fix the timestream.? Vincent replied bluntly, his voice staying serious and unconcerned. The only thoughts on his mind were the safety of the others in his world.

Big stood calmly, thinking of the good memories that he and Froggy shared before Timemaster stole him away from him. ?Froggy...? Big mumbled to himself, Vincent opening his eyes to look at the large cat out of their corners.

?And get Froggy...? Vincent continued, his tone growing slightly conc

8. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOG: For including characters from both Psychonauts and Freedom Force (two underplayed gems), you have earned my respect.

9. OblivionXIII

May 5, 2006
    IC: Paul Phoenix
    Phoenix Dojo; Phoenix Arizona

"Hah, hah! Rrragh!" Paul Phoenix hipped and hollered as he unleashed a flurry of attacks on the punching back in front of him dangling from the dull grey ceiling by a single silver chain. Adorned in his red karate outfit with a yellow Japanese symbol that stood for the word "Red" on the left chest, his blue eyes were narrowed and fueled with rage. He panted, struggling to catch his breath, and rested his hands on his knees. "Damn you Kuma!" he cried to no one, as the rest of the spherical room was isolated, save for the prodigious mirror that occupied the entire back wall. "Next tournament, I'll show you and everyone else who the best fighter in the universe really is!"

And with that, a knock on the door came. Paul miraculously caught his breath and looked up in excitement. "Oooh, pizza's here!" He made sure his blonde hair was spiked to its usual foot-long height just in case the delivery person was a gorgeous female, and ran to the door, the soothing smell of pepperoni caressing his nose. He opened the wooden white door, and was instantly disappointed. "Oh, hey Marshall."

The Jeet Kune Do master, mutually known by his peers as "The Fighting Chef," stepped through the doorway without an invite, his hands converged behind his back and his face appearing a bit too casual. "Good afternoon, Paul," he said. At first glance, one would surmise that the Bruce Lee look-alike was Chinese, but his family roots defined him as American. His black shaggy hair came close to his eyebrows and hung to the middle part of his tan neck, and he was adorned in a white button-up jumpsuit.

Paul scratched his head in confusion as he shut the door and followed Marshall into the dojo. "Gee, uh, wasn't expecting you here for another couple hours, buddy," he said in his usual gruff tone of voice.

Marshall looked around the empty room trying to look as casual as possible. This wouldn't fool a being with an average level of intelligence, but Paul was a different story. "Well, there has been a change of plans. You haven't seen Forrest around lately, have you?" Forrest Law was the son of Marshall, and often got into a bit of trouble with Paul.

A bead of sweat formed on Paul's forehead. "Uh, who?"

"Forrest!" Marshall turned to Paul, obviously noticing that something was up.

"Oh, uh, yeah Forrest." He clasped his hands together and looked around. "Nope, sorry buddy, haven't seen him anywhere."

Abruptly, the concrete ground beneath them shook violently as the punching bag swung back and forth, and the chain finally snapped. The bag landed with a hard thud, and inside of it a voice became audible. "Ow!" A concealed zipper on the bag unzipped from the inside, and Forrest Law climbed out. On his hands and knees, he looked up to his frowning father. "Uh, hey dad!" He flashed an innocent smile.

"Enough!" Marshall cried as another rumble erupted from beneath the ground. "What is causing all of this?"

"Those damn aliens!" Paul cried, clenching his fists. "This time I'll show everyone who's the toughest in the-"

"Shut it, Paul!" Marshall demanded. Suddenly, a large crack appeared in the ground, widening rapidly. A surface could not be seen at the bottom, and appeared as if it went on forever.

Gee, I though War of the Worlds was just a movie, Paul thought to himself. His reflexes carried him to the left side of the crack as the ground slid him further away from the other side where Marshall and Forrest stood. Some fifty yards separated them now, and the distance continued to grow. "I'll meet up with you later, after I give these aliens a taste of their own medicine!"

Tag: Zedd-Vega

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Mega Man and Rush
    - Year 20XX - Monstropolis - Dr. Wily's Fortress

Mega Man and Rush, two AI Robots built by Dr. Light, were cautiously walking through a dark hallway in the castle of their arch-enemy Dr. Wily.

Mega Man stopped suddenly when he heard a flutter that sounded like wings flapping.

Rushs ears perked up. He heard it too.

In the darkness, Mega Man fired a single pellet shot from his megabuster (or `arm cannon`) into the blackness ahead of him. The blast casted a soft glow for a split second...and he caught a glimpse of a swarm of robotic bats above him.

"Whoa!" Mega Man yelled as he fired shots into the air, hoping to hit something. "Let's get outta here, Rush!"

Rush barked and transformed his body into a skateboard-sized hovercraft. Mega Man jumped on top of him and they zoomed through the darkness. As the grew closer to a lighted room, Rush transformed into his four-legged self and they continued walking.

"Not so fast, runt," a voice came from behind them. They turned to see Cut Man and Guts Man in an attack position. "If you want to face Dr. Wily, you'll have to get through us first."

Mega Man pointed his megabuster at them and smiled. "If you insist."

Suddenly the ground began rumbling. The room began collapsing on top of them.

"The fortress is caving in!" Guts Man yelled.

Chunks of the metal wall behind them became pixelated, then disappeared, leaving an empty blackness. More spots in the wall did the same thing. Then it started happening on the floor and ceiling.

Rush whined. Mega Man took a step back and questioned, "What's happening?!"

TAG: GM...

11. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OblivionXIII

Phoenix Arizona, Phoenix Dojo

Paul Phoenix?s words were lost on both Forrest and Marshall as to his grim surprise, the father and son were taken into the great crevasse along with most of the surrounding area. They had attempted to run, but to no avail, as they disappeared from sight.

Paul felt the same urge to run, but found he was unable to move, the sight before him striking fear into a fearless heart. His feet were firmly planted, and it did not seem he could move even if he chose to.

Suddenly, a reddish-pink explosion shook the dojo, a portal of the same color forming in the very center where Marshall and Forrest once stood. The ground beneath Paul shifted, knocking him over and sending him sliding into the rose colored portal. The electrified portal zapped and sparked as Paul was sent spiraling through what would have appeared to be some sort of wild water-less water slide.

He blacked out during the short trip, awakening a short time later to find himself on the cold tile floor of a large computer room. As Paul?s eyes focused, a bald, human looking alien stared down at him. ?Welcome to the Freedom Fortress. I am Mentor. You have no need to fear Paul Phoenix...?

Dubya_Scott

Monstropolis, Dr. Wily?s Fortress

Mega Man and Rush soon became surrounded by darkness, the ground dissolving into their individual pixels beneath the pairs feet. Both Mega Man and his robotic dog companion began to fall into the darkness, Rush quickly forming into a hovercraft to catch the boy robot. The ground fell apart beneath Guts Man and Cut Man, the two evildoing robots falling to their doom and into the infinite darkness before Mega Man?s eyes.

Almost out of nowhere, a large explosion of electrical energy that the two assumed to be technology within Wily?s Fortress, engulfed both Mega Man and Rush, temporarily frying their circuits and flinging them violently through time.

The two landed just outside the Freedom Fortress where Vincent, Raz, and Big were standing and the three quickly rushed over to them to offer assistance.

?Quickly, let?s get them inside...? Vincent ordered, Big laying both Rush and Mega Man on his massive shoulders, carrying them towards the computer room in which they were briefed on their mission. Big, Razputin and Vincent looked on as their alien savior was speaking to another newcomer, one they assumed was there to help as well.

?Mentor! They fell out of the portal and they?re both unconscious. They may need medical attention!? Raz stated, his voice trembling with concern. Mentor pointed to the nearby table in which they once repaired the evil Microwave to become one of the good guys. Perhaps the same could be done to the two robot newcomers.

Zedd-Vega

Time Factory, Outside the door to Dimension B1Q64

Blinx knew he had little time left! He just had to save the princess and defeat the evil Tom-Tom gang before Time itself was torn asunder. The ginger cat rushed towards the door, which opened to reveal a familiar light that many dimension doors held, and dove headfirst into the light.

Seconds later, which seemed like an eternity to Blinx as the timestream could warp the perceptions of time and those traveling through it, Blinx found himself inside the Freedom Fortress. It was one of the many winding corridors near the bedrooms of many of the heroes. Blinx knew not where he was, and assumed that there would be errant time crystals that could have manifested into Time Monsters. He took slow steps, his shoes letting out a soft squeak each as he tip-toed through the halls. The small cat found himself peering around the corner where a group of humans, or what he assumed to be humans, were conversing amongst themselves, many lying down or standing. Blinx saw no danger, and thought that perhaps they could assist him

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Mega Man

Unconscious...er, rather, on stand by.

The artificial intelligence inside Mega Man's brain was trying to restart itself. It was something that Dr. Light had anticipated. It was installed in Mega Man was one of his many upgrades through the years.

- Connection.
    - Failed.
    -Retry.
    -Connection.
    -Failed.
    -Reroute Power.
    -Failed.
    -Back-Up Energy Tank.
    -Successful.

Laying out on the table in this unkown fortress, Mega Man blink a couple times and slowly sat up. Rush laid next to him. The robotic dog was not moving. "Ugh... What happened?" the robot boy asked to the beings standing around him.

TAG: All in the Fortress...

13. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Vincent Valentine, Razputin, Big

Vincent looked down to the robotic boy and was quickly joined by Big and Raz as the two stood behind him. "Another world," Vincent began, a bit confused on who this little boy could be and whatever use he could prove in the oncoming journey. "Or rather Patriot City according to Mentor."

Vincent stayed silent for a moment and looked to his two companions beside him. Raz looked back to Vincent and then back to Mega Man and did a double-take. "Oh! I'm Raz, and our large purple friend here is Big." Big peered over Vincent's shoulder and waved.

"Hello," The large purple cat said slowly, his tone kind, sincere, and unworried. Raz smirked as Vincent kept his serious look.

"Where are you from?" Razputin asked, looking over the robotic dog laying beside Mega Man. Raz identified it as a dog immediately and began to pet the shut down robotic animal, in hopes to comfort it until its systems returned to normal.

TAG: Mega Man

14. Admiral_AckBrad

Admiral_AckBrad Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    IC: Earthworm Jim
    Planet Heck

"So wait, let me get this straight..You're saying that the ground just opened up into this gigantic crevasse for absolutely no reason..and then some type of alien creature came out of it and knocked you out?..and then he stole the new psych-reactor-a-go-go from you, which you had just stolen from Professor Monkey For A Head?" The suited earthworm looked up from the hole to the villainous feline, Evil the Cat, then back down to gap that seemed to lead to oblivion.

The disproportioned cat nodded a few times absently while licking up and down his hind leg. It seemed the heinous cat was more interested in his own hygiene rather than the stolen technology. "Yes that's right Jim, looks like someone is a better villain than me..which makes absolutely no sense because I am evil in it's purest form..but besides the point..I knew you were out on a mission to track down the stolen device..so instead of me going after it..I figure letting you go get it and then taking it from you would be much easier.."

Jim mocked Evil's nodding with his tubular head while bringing his robotic hand up to what would be his chin in a pseudo intellectual manner. Well this could be a set up..some type of trap..but I do have the plasma blaster so it doesn't matter..plus the Princess really needs this reactor..

"Well this sounds all fine and dandy Evil. It's not like you've tried to kill me in the past or anything, so it's a deal. And if Bob the Killer Goldfish is down there, I swear I'm going to come back up here and force you to eat him," Jim said as he pulled a green mucus-like creature out of the pack on his power suit.

"Now Snott, I want you to go back to the Princess and tell her what I'm up to for me," said Jim as he set the booger creature upon the ground. "And tell her if she doesn't hear from me for a bit, it's groove cause I have the suit."

And with that, the cyber suited worm jumped into the air above the wide crack without a worry in the world. He was a worm. He could regenerate a tail or two. Life was a big ride to Jim and he loved it, well, now that he had an armored suit that gave him strength and protection.

Tag: GM

15. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Admiral_AckBrad

The Groovy Timestream, en route to Patriot City

The ride itself was wild and exciting as Earthworm Jim flipped and fumbled through the timestream. His cybernetic arms and legs swung freely in the dry air of the time tunnels, sometimes a huge blast of G-force slamming into his face and flipping him backward. For an earthworm, he had to admit that it was an utmost groovy ride.

But it appeared as if it ended too quickly, as the suited earthworm hero found himself crashing onto the doorstep of an extremely large, fortified facility. A fortress rather. Though curiousity was not a feature common to earthworms, Jim was different. His instincts would tell him to explore this new world and look for the psych-reactor-a-go-go that was stolen not too long ago.

As Jim looked around his groovy new surroundings, a young lad about age fifteen clad in star-spangled garb approached him and tapped his armored shoulder. "Excuse me? Who are you and what do you need here at the Freedom Fortress?" The lad asked, a tone of authority in his voice. Perhaps he was a guard for this world, or perhaps he was an evil-doer employed by the infamous Psy-Crow. Jim would have to find out...

16. OblivionXIII

May 5, 2006
    Computer Room

Paul slowly awoke on a hard and cold floor. His eyes struggled to open, and several of his bones felt like needles in his skin. He remembered little about the previous minutes, and was vaguely reminded of a portal with a pinkish hue and Forrest and Marshall falling into a prodigious rift.

As the pain in his body slowly went away, he opened his eyes wide and looked around. Aliens? he thought. Looking up, he saw a bald man that appeared human looking back at him.

"Welcome to the Freedom Fortress. I am Mentor. You have no need to fear Paul Phoenix..."

Paul slowly rose to his feet, noticing other beings around him with diverse attributes. He scratched his head in bewilderment, and was amazed at how his hair still rose above his head perfectly. Must be the new shampoo. "Gee, uh, thanks," was all he could manage to say at the moment. As silence filled the room, a loud rumble emitted from his stomach. "Say, you wouldn't happen to have any pizza laying around, would ya?"

Tag: Others

17. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OblivionXIII

Mentor was unfamiliar with the term "pizza", but recalled that El Diablo and The Ant frequently felt the urge to order some from the local pizza deli. The humanoid alien raised his hand to his chin in a stoic manner and looked over Paul once more.

"I am unsure if we have any of the pizza lying around, but I am sure that there is some left in the frozen ice receptacle." Mentor was sure his words would confuse the man, sensing that even though he was physically strong, he was far less intelligent than Mentor himself. He would not belittle his intelligence however, for Paul Phoenix would prove useful in the near future.

"Paul Phoenix," Mentor began, his words echoing in an eerie manner as he spoke. "You have been saved from the utter destruction of your world. You are the lone survivor chosen by time itself to save your timeline and those who once lived in your world from a terrible fate that has befallen many worlds before yours." Mentor paused, hoping that Mr. Phoenix would comprehend the information up until now.

Zedd-Vega

"I don't believe there is a Princess in our time, lad..." A proud and stern voice replied to the feline Blinx. The ginger colored cat turned to face a taller human who appeared to have come from the 1700's. He was The Minuteman, a patriotic icon of Patriot City.

"But if you come from another world like our friends here, your questions would be better answered by Mentor." Minuteman finished, placing his strong hand on the shoulder of the orange cat. Blinx looked to the ground, a disappointed look crossing his face as he turned his green eyes back to the red, white, and blue hero.

"I see," Blinx mumbled, sliding his TS-1000 into the holster on his back and folded his arms. "Then my world must've been destroyed as well..." Blinx was disheartened, and emotionally crushed. He knew he would need to find out what had happened if he was to continue on his journey and save his friends and family back at the Time Factory.

"Don't lose faith, son. Mentor and I have come up with a way to save these worlds from being completely erased. Time itself can be altered if the right timelines are set back into place. Certain events must happen in order to do so. The Freedom Fortress will serve as the safehouse for those targeted by Timemaster. Minuteman explained, holding his staff in his free hand.

Blinx nodded and looked up to Minuteman. "Okay! I'll help in any way I can!"

18. OblivionXIII

May 5, 2006

Paul vaguely noticed a look of confusion on Mentor's visage, and strongly hoped that the man knew what pizza actually was. After all, who didn't know? Mentor lifted his hand to his chin, showing no emotion.

"I am unsure if we have any of the pizza lying around, but I am sure that there is some left in the frozen ice receptacle."

Paul thought the words through in his head, particularly the last one. Recepta-what?. All he had gotten out of the sentence was frozen and ice, and that probably meant cold pizza. Paul shuddered at the thought and listened to Mentor continue.

"Paul Phoenix, you have been saved from the utter destruction of your world. You are the lone survivor chosen by time itself to save your timeline and those who once lived in your world from a terrible fate that has befallen many worlds before yours."

"Arizona was destructed!?" Paul cried. "Then that means Marshall and Forrest were, too! Ah, those damn aliens." Grief had spawned within Paul, but a sudden lightbulb was turned on in his mind. "Wait a second! Mister Mentor, if I do what you tell me to, and I do it good, does that mean I'll be the toughest fighter in the universe?" Paul awaited Mentor's answer in great anticipation, his blue eyes sparkling with hope.

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: Sorry it's taken me so long, I'll have a post soon. Not really been able to post much the last few days.

20. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: Perfectly alright, Trimaj. Take your time. The game itself is just introducing the characters thus far. Not much else. You'll have plenty of time to fit Sonic into play.

There are nine characters total (I'm including Rush, although he's basically still one character with Mega Man), so if it comes down to breaking up into "teams" It will probably be as follows:

Vincent, Raz, Big
    Paul, Jim, Sonic
    Mega Man, Rush, Blinx

If we start gathering more characters, they'll be placed in teams as they join. Teams might merge if the need for teams arises and the teams become too much to control.

OblivionXIII

Mentor did not even need to think of a reply to give the tall-haired fighter. The same stoic look remained on the alien's face as he began to speak once more.

"Indeed, it would be true of your own universe, as all in Arizona and the Moons of Reikshal would glorify you as a hero and savior of time." The Dominion-fled refugee explained. He knew that this one, this Paul Phoenix, would aid them, but only in pursuit of his own goals.

Time needed to be fixed, and Mentor did not have the luxury of being picky. He would take who and whatever came through the timestream and found themselves in Patriot City.

21. OblivionXIII

May 5, 2006

Mentor hid his emotion well as he spoke further to the numskulled Martial Arts and Judo crossover artist.

"Indeed, it would be true of your own universe, as all in Arizona and the Moons of Reikshal would glorify you as a hero and savior of time."

Paul nodded his head slowly. "Riiiight," he said. Hero? Savior? The hell is Whiteshell? He mentally shrugged it off. None of his questions mattered as long as he would be the toughest fighter in the universe. His stomach grumbled again, but went ignored as Paul was too focused on reaching his goal.

He spoke once more to Mentor, his voice gruff and focused. "Tell me what to do."

22. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Mega Man
    The Fortress

"Another world?" Mega Man questioned as his AI began warming up again. "I'm from Monstropolis. The name's Mega Man." He pushed himself off the table and his large metal boots clanked on the floor when he landed. He stretched, making sure everything was working. He turned to Rush, who still lay on the table. Seeing the other person petting the robot dog, Mega Man walked over to him and said, "He doesn't look damaged. His CPU just needs to be restarted." He reached for Rushes chest and opened the compartment revealing lots of wires and circuitry inside. He reached his hands inside and began fiddling with them. While he worked, Mega Man asked the others, "So, does anyone know what happened? Why am I here?"

TAG: Vincent, Raz, Big, others...

23. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OblivionXIII

Mentor smiled at the response of the man in the red martial arts suit. The Dominion-fled alien was quick to give him orders, as if he had recited the speech before, although he had just explained it for the first time without practice.

"Introduce yourself to the others. All of you will be working very close together in the oncoming missions. I will be briefing everyone shortly just as I make sure that the timestream is not sending many more individuals our way." Mentor explained, as he prepared to go back to the super-computer to plot the coordinates for the first mission and to check the remaining time warps.

Dubya_Scott

Razputin looked over Rush and nodded, understanding most of the technical lingo being thrown at him by Mega Man and hopped down from the table as well. He stood beside the robotic boy and observed him as he made repairs on his robot dog.

"To tell you the truth," Raz began, watching the repairs intensively. "We really don't know much outside the fact that we're supposed to fix time itself. Crazy huh?" Razputin chuckled, hoping that Mega Man could repair Rush soon. Vincent stepped forward from behind the two and observed the repairs himself.

"Supposedly, we're all from broken worlds. Destroyed rather. The only way to fix them is to repair the links broken in the timestream." Vincent explained, being a bit more descriptive than Raz had been.

24. OblivionXIII

May 5, 2006

Mentor was quick to respond to Paul's speech.

"Introduce yourself to the others. All of you will be working very close together in the oncoming missions. I will be briefing everyone shortly just as I make sure that the timestream is not sending many more individuals our way."

Paul hesitated, then nodded without a word. He wasn't exactly a people person per say, but he supposed that he could give it a shot. He looked around the computer room, his blue eyes surveying the area. He spotted three... people. The first was a very large and purple, uh, cat? Paul lifted one eyebrow at the sight. The next one he saw was a young boy, who could have been no older than ten years old. And the final resident he noticed was a mysterious looking red-caped man, standing about an inch below Paul. Albeit his enigmatic appearance, he seemed like the most trustworthy out of the three, and Paul approached him slowly.

"Uh, hello there," he said. "Uh, nice cape." He flashed a simper and awaited a response.

25. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Mega Man and Rush
    Freedom Fortress

"Really?" he questioned as he listened to the three beings. "Saving space and time itself... That's something I've never done before." He pulled his hands out of Rush's inards and closed the hatch. "There. He just needed to be rebooted manually. He doesn't have an automatic restart function like me."

Rush's eyes blinked and he rolled on to his front and stood up on all four legs. Rush swung his head, taking in these unknown surroundings.

"It's okay, boy. We're among friends," Mega Man told him.

Rush barked and opened his mouth. Out came a synthetic tongue that licked the fake skin on Mega Man's face. The dog jumped off the table and on to the floor, his tail wagging, happy to be alive.

Mega Man chuckled. "And this is Rush," he said, patting the dog on the head.

TAG: Zedd-Vega...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.