main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Right Here All Along (NJO Z/J songfic/vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Right Here All Along
    By Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Disclaimer
    : the song (lyrics are in italics) is ?Right Here All Along? by Amanda Marshall. I don?t own it; nor do I own Jaina, Zekk or anyone or anything else in the SW galaxy. I?m not making any profit out of this

Author's Note: ok, I?m warning you now: I?m really bad at mush, especially plotless mush (which this basically is). However, this song begged to be put in a J/Z songfic so and i was currently "competing" in a vignette thing so...voila. Hopefully the consequences of writing this aren?t too horrible :p

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jaina watched him sleep in the dark, only the light of the moons allowing her to see his face. His dark hair was tousled, his skin bright pink as an after effect of having his burns treated. The med-droid had finally given him permission to leave the med-bay today and now they were in Zekk?s flat. One of his arms was badly broken and he would most likely walk with a limp for the rest of his life. And while Zekk had certainly had his better days, she drank comfort from the sight, the events of the past few days still causing her a deep ache in her heart.

Shadow boxing in my head again
    Lying here beside you in the dark
    Making mountains out of nothin?

She?d almost lost him. The ?Vong had nearly taken him from her, as if it weren?t enough that they took her little brother and Chewie. Was it their goal in life to destroy her life? After the events of the past few years she had to wonder.

A shiver crept across her shoulder blades and down her spine as she recalled the horrifying punch to the gut she had received upon hearing the news of Zekk?s crash. She had been speaking with Wedge, just come in from a routine scout flight. When he had told her ? told her that Zekk had been shot down ? she ran.

She must have bumped into people but she could hardly remember it, couldn?t recall if she had apologized or if she had simply bowled them over. She vaguely remembered shaking Jag away when he saw her in the hallways. He?d asked what was wrong, if she recalled correctly. She must have been crying for him to notice?certainly, he didn?t know her well enough to recognize her facial expressions already.

Hoping against hope
    And making deals with God

She?d flown to Tatooine, urging her X-wing to go faster than it ever had. She barely remembered the infinitely long period of time she had spent in the emptiness of hyperspace. She guessed that she had spent most of that time pleading with the Force, hoping he would be all right.

When she arrived she all but ran to the med-bay, demanding to see him. It turned out that the crash had not been fatal, or even truly serious, but still more than enough to keep him off his feet for some time. Even now, nearly a week later, she could feel the heartfelt relief that had come with the realization that she had not lost him.

Then I feel you stir beside me
    And you don?t say a word
    But I still know

She had camped out by his bed, fussing over him until he had threatened to use the Force to knock her out if she didn?t stop. She might have taken his threat to heart if it hadn?t been for the twinkle in his emerald eyes, the love. It should have surprised her ? to see that emotion in his eyes, after everything that had happened ? but instead she smiled, recognizing the same sentiment rise up within her.

It had been the first time in years she had felt that way about him?or had it?

And in your eyes I see the reason
    In your smile I see the road that takes me home

She could not help but wonder if, perhaps, she had never stopped loving him, and if, instead, she had simply hidden it from herself. It was, of course, possible. Force knew she had found a Zekk-look-alike to fill the void in her life.

She had met Jag on Ithor and was immediately swept away by his charm and good looks. Only when she realized that she would still feel the ache Zekk?s death would cause, no matter what she did,

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Mine!!!

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  4. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked]
    *melts into a puddle*
    YOU are not good at writing MUSH!?!? That was incredible, and so very sweet! [face_love] [face_love]

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    lol, thanks EJM :D and no, i don't consider myself good at writing mush :p maybe i've just been comparing it to my angst though :p so glad you liked :D

~TJF

6. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    *melts*

*hits floor as a puddle of mushy goo*

*keeps on melting*

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Zekkie-poo is so wonderful... *SIGH*

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

7. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Hehehe, that was very nicely written, TJF. :)

And you say you can't write mush. :p

8. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I liked it the first time, and I like it better this time :D

...you can, do, and will write mush, TJF!!!!!!!!!

9. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  10. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

the anit-mush writer strikes again! Beautifful TJF, i don't know why you think you can't write mush, but you can. :p

11. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    TJF - I think you are quite good at mush - if I must say. Can't be too sarcastic because I really enjoyed it. Make Jag a safety is a good way to rationalize his part in her life. Zekk being a little unsafe. ;)

Great viggie! :D

12. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Very nice, TJF! :D I liked it a lot, and yes I agree with everyone else that the mush was very good. ;) Nice depiction of Jaina's emotions. :)

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    06: you're melting? :eek: *checks to see if it's bcuz of water* nope...just cuz of zekk :p [face_love] hope that means you liked it :D

Soulwalker: thanks :) and...no, i can't :p

KS: :D

...you can, do, and will write mush, TJF!!!!!!!!!

...or not :p ;)

THO: *hopes that means you liked it :D*

Rose: the anti-mush writer strikes again!

the "Anti-mush writer", huh? cool...i like that name [face_mischief] :p

don't know why you think you can't write mush, but you can

no, i can't :p you haven't even seen me try to write an extremely mushy piece...those don't work (AT ALL)...which is sad cuz some of my original work is based in the romance genre [face_plain] 8-}

TKL: Make Jag a safety is a good way to rationalize his part in her life. Zekk being a little unsafe

thanks :) i thought that was the best explanation (other than Del Rey's and the authors' biased, uneducated opinions ;)) for zekk's sudden disappearence...

Jade_Skywalker: thanks! :)

~TJF

14. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

MORE PEOPLE SHOULD READ THIS!!!!!!!!! :p

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Awesome job, for a Jaina/Zekk vignette...

What happened with Jag???

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    jag's gone Lt :p he and jay broke up

Awesome job, for a Jaina/Zekk vignette...

oh [face_plain]...um, thanks, but what about as just any kind of vignette? was it ok in general?

~TJF

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I meant, when did Jag and Jaina break up? Because you kind of skimmed over that part too fast for me...

As a usual vignette? Um...It was pretty good...But then again, anything by you typically is...

18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    I meant, when did Jag and Jaina break up? Because you kind of skimmed over that part too fast for me...

yeah, i didn't see the need to deal with it too much. jaina brushed jag away from her and blasted off planet when she heard about zekk. i didn't actually say that they broke up, but in my mind jag commed her *rather angrily :p* and demanded to know what was up and she kinda told him that something was up with zekk. jag was smart enough to know that he wasn't in the position he should have been as jaina's bf and they broke up.

As a usual vignette? Um...It was pretty good...But then again, anything by you typically is...

oh, ok, thanks :) i thought you meant that only for an inferior z/j was it alright [face_plain]

~TJF

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Well...I liked it...even though it was a Jaina/Zekk fic...

What you thought happened with the break-up of Jaina/Jag was pretty much what I thought happened when I read it the second time. However, the first time, I thought perhaps that Jaina and Jag hadn't talked, and Jaina was somehow going to have to break it to Jag that she was still in love with Zekk...That's the only reason that I asked...

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    . However, the first time, I thought perhaps that Jaina and Jag hadn't talked, and Jaina was somehow going to have to break it to Jag that she was still in love with Zekk...

well, people go on and on about how superiorly intelligent jag is -- i'm sure he was able to figure out that his girlfriend was in love with someone other than him :p

~TJF

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I didn't think that they had even talked since she had left to go see how the man she loved was...

22. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    if he didn't demand to know what was going on when she first got up in the air, it was when she was waiting for zekk to get better at the med-bay :)

~TJF

23. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    OK...well, thanks for explaining it to me...

Do you have anything else in the works???

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Do you have anything else in the works???

lol, in terms of writing -- too much! [face_laugh] :p i'm working toward a rough draft a story i may or may not send in to a publisher (mind you, it takes me years to finish a story so, yeah...), some Jaina/Dark Kyp stuff, viggies galore, Phoenix/CoD, RotJ/CSLY, and sanar's story :p i'm going to be one busy gal for several years

~TJF

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I know what you mean. I don't have anything I'm going to send to the publisher (I know that my work could definately use some improvement), but I do have the plotlines for at least six full-length stories after Complications and its sequel, three shorter stories, and a handful of vignettes. That should probably last me until I get to college... Go me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.