main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Rightful Owner : - Obi/Qui JA Obi-Angst 4 th Oct * FINISHED *

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Title: Rightful Owner
    Author:Gkilkenny
    Timeframe: JA
    Characters: Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon
    Genre: Obi-Angst PG
    Summary:eek:bi-Wan is Qui-Gon?s Padawan, but in name only. One incident after another turn?s him into a tense disillusioned boy, until he can stand it no more.

Notes: The characters from Star Wars sadly do not belong to me and I am just letting them wander around my story for fun.
    I promise to put them back.

[face_peace]

The sound of Qui-Gon?s voice was grating at his nerves, It was only mid morning, and yet Obi Wan had been disciplined twice already today.

The first apparent transgression for the day was early this morning.

Because Obi-wan was not an early riser, he found it difficult to get out of bed, but Qui-Gon?s idea of rising was to get up at 4.30am, a good hour before the rest of the Temple stirred.

It was still dark at this time and Obi-wan had been studying quite late the previous night because he wanted to make his master proud by passing the Astrophysics test.
    He had studied hard and every chance he got he would find a quiet corner and study some more.
    Obi-Wan was quite confident that he knew enough to pass. But just passing was not going to make Qui-Gon proud of him, so he went over and over his notes until he knew everything inside out and back to front.

But no matter how good he was or how much he studied, he would do something to make his Master unhappy.
    It was becoming a regular event. It seemed to take place every day.
    Obi-Wan wondered if berating him just came natural to Qui-Gon or did he have to work at it.
    He stood straight and silent in front of his master listening to the list of extra duties he was being given, for his latest infraction.

His Master insisted that a Good Padawan was one that obeyed without question, didn?t laugh, didn?t talk to his friends, wasn?t late by even one second, ate in silence and spoke only when spoken too.
    Obi-Wan sighed to him self thinking (I suppose I am exaggerating just a bit, I am allowed to laugh and talk to my friends, when Master is not around).
    This latest infraction was caused by a study session with Bant.

Bant had come over to study for the astrophysics exam.
    Qui-Gon had allowed her to come over for two hours of study with Obi on the proviso that they do it quietly.

Obi-wan loved Bants company, she would make him feel good, and she would talk to him about silly stuff and they would laugh and he felt very comfortable in her presence.
    They had finished studying and Bant was getting ready to leave, she was telling Obi about a Master who had been showing an interest in her, and she was excited about becoming a Padawan.

?Obi I just cannot believe I may become a Padawan soon? she giggled excitedly.
    ?I am so glad I studied with you because I don?t think I would be able to concentrate on lessons if I had to study by my self? She admitted.

?Bant I am really glad for you, I hope being an apprentice is everything you hope it will be? Obi said softly knowing his Master would not be happy about her raised voice.
    But he couldn?t spoil her excitement by telling her to be quiet; he could tell she was bubbling with anticipation.
    Obi-Wan knew that it was too late to try and keep her quiet; he would just take the punishment once she had gone.

?Being a Padawan has changed you too Obi, you?re so controlled now, no more mucking around, I mean you know when to have fun and when to concentrate, I wish I could concentrate on my studies like you do?
    She was sparkling as they entered the common room, she was laughing and Obi couldn?t help but smile at her excitement.

She stood at the door and Obi-Wan hoped she would just leave quietly. It wasn?t that he didn?t want her to be happy; it was just that he had promised his Master they would be quiet.

But in a loud voice she looked past Obi-wan and said ?Goodbye Master Jinn, thank you for allowing me to study with Obi?
    Qui-Gon was drawn away from whatever he was doing, Obi-Wan sensed the rising irritation coming from his Master as he turned and acknowl

2. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Aww this is an AWESOME start! Gah, why does Quigon have to be so bloody cold and uncaring towards Obiwan. If he only knew who Obiwan really is, how hard he tries, and how dedicated.

Sounds like a great start, I can't wait to read more!
    Please continue this soon!

And if you have a PM could you please add me, :)

3. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    I love Obi-Angst!!! :D And I already love this story!! Nice work with this first chapter :)

I hope you'll update soon!

4. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love the start. It's all angsty and stuff. Keep up the work please!

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw...will mush eventually follow? Nice start.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely! =D=

Obi-wan felt the heat rise in his neck, he could never tell if Qui-Gon was angry or not, he always spoke in a calm voice.
    He could not tell anything through the bond either, for some reason only known to Qui-Gon, Obi-wan had been told only to access their bond when they were in the training rooms sparring or if they were on missions.

Please put me on your PM list, I love seeing our boys together! :D And I can't wait for the mush! ;)

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    But no matter how good he was or how much he studied, he would do something to make his Master unhappy.

*Takes baseball bat out of its case*

I had the dents that the last story caused removed from it. ;)

But no matter, I will not allow him to back answer me or be disrespectful. I let Xani do that and look what happened to him.

Qui-Gon can't let what hapened in the past controp the present. [face_not_talking]

He would stand tall, he would take it like a man, he would not beg. Obi-Wan straightened up and waited for the dismissal...

Poor Obi-Wan. :(

I look forward to seeing where you take this! :D

Ani-maniac

8. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    I forgot to mention, (and somehow the system posted my message twice:confused: )

Could you please PM me when you update?

Thank you! [:D]

Ani-maniac

9. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Oh my...I can't wait to see where this goes.......please PM me with updates....great job~

10. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Wow go out for the day and come back to all
    you wonderful readers.
    Thank You [:D]

Thank you Cole_Kenobi [face_dancing] why does Quigon have to be so bloody cold and uncaring towards Obiwan.
    I guess because then we can have some mushy make up time
    between them[face_laugh]

I certainly will PM you[face_dancing]

MASTER_KAYM[:D] Obi-Angst is my middle name[face_devil]
    Thank you
    I usually update every two or three days:D

Thank you dimyavie:D Obi-Wan is a character that suffers well and comes out on top usually.[face_worried]

Valairy_Scot [face_dancing] It is always a good idea to have a bit of mush after some angst, I dont think Obi could
    stand it otherwise.[face_worried] Thanks [:D]

Thank You.VADERLVR64[:D]
    Obi-wan felt the heat rise in his neck, he could never tell if Qui-Gon was angry or not, he always spoke in a calm voice.
    Qui-Gon shows no emotion but deep down I think he has some.
    But he certainly doesn't show it to Obi[face_shame_on_you] Qui.
    Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are my favourites to write about
    and I will PM you

Ani-maniacThank you my friend[face_dancing]
    *Takes baseball bat out of its case*
    I had the dents from the that story removed from it

I am going to get in a supply.
    First I wreak all your shoes
    and now the baseball bat:eek: [face_laugh]

On my PM list
    I am sure Qui-Gon has a touch of Sith in him[face_dancing]

Thank you kenobiwanobi[:D] you're always ready
    to read my friend.
    Perhaps you should buy some tissues, it could get angsty:_| I will PM you

PM List
    Cole_Kenobi
    VADERLVR64
    Ani-maniac
    kenobiwanobi
    MASTER_KAYM
    Starwen_Skywalker
    dimyavie
    Star_Drifter

11. MASTER_KAYM

Aug 3, 2004
    Hey!! Add me to your PM list tooooo!! I forgot to ask! :oops:

12. Misty

Misty Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2006
    Qui-gon has issues.
    A very interesting beginning. I won't ask for PMs this time as I have a feeling there will be several updates waiting everytime I find time to stop by. :p
    Just know I'll be watching you!:cool:

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks Misty I hope you enjoy it
    as you have probably guessed I like to post every
    few days
    So here is

Chapter 2.....

?Then I suggest you control your emotions and keep your mind on the here and now? Qui-Gon stated.

?I will Master I promise, it won?t happen again? Obi blurted out.

?I want you to write an essay on the folly of speaking without thought of others peace and quiet.? Qui-Gon stated.

?Yes Master, when Master?? Obi asked.

?Here and Now? Qui-Gon pointed to Obi?s Bedroom and tidy up your room. I have to go out now but I will be back later and I will expect both jobs to be finished.
    I expect you to be here when I return as well Padawan. Do I make myself clear??

?Yes Master? Obi acknowledged with a nod as his Master walked out the door.

(Well I can forget lunch with Bant. I do not know how long he will be and I cannot risk not being here when he returns.
    I thought for sure he was going to send me packing this time, I just don?t understand it, why did he take me as his Padawan in the first place? I had no idea being an apprentice was going to be so complicated).
    Obi thought to himself as he Sat down to write the essay.

Obi-Wan finished the essay in good time, it was one of his favourite things to do, he loved writing, and over the last three months of his apprenticeship, he had written several essays at his Masters request.

But Obi was perplexed that his Master never discussed them with him. He wondered if Qui-Gon even read them, he doubted it.

So in this essay he wrote all his faults down and what his Master expected of an apprentice, he accepted the blame for everything and then offered to leave if it was what Qui-Gon wanted.
    He wrote at the bottom
    ? Master I am truly sorry for causing you so much trouble and I will not be offended if you wish to dismiss me.?

Yours truly
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Lunch time came and went, Obi-Wan made a sandwich but then he found that he had no appetite, so he sat looking out the window wondering what Qui-Gon saw when he sat here all the time.
    It puzzled Obi-Wan as there was nothing to see just other buildings and air craft whizzing past??

~*~ memory sequence~*~
    Looking out the window he let his mind wander to the first time he had met Qui-Gon it was at a Tournament, Qui-Gon was sitting with Master Yoda, and Obi-wan had just finished the first round.
    Master Yoda was talking to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan came over at Yoda?s request and introduced him.
    Obi-wan had seen the big Master many times in the Temple over the years, some times with his former apprentice and other times by himself.

Once he saw him sitting on a bench in the garden, and Obi-wan felt immense grief pouring from Qui-Gon, Obi-wan nearly went over to him to see if he could be of assistance to him in any way.
    But he was stopped by Master Yoda who said ?Your concern serves you well young one , but now is not the time to show it.
    Master Jinn does not require company at this moment. It is a time for solitude and reflection.
    ?But Master, I only wanted to make him feel better? Obi had said.
    ?One day my young friend, you will be able to help him but not today.? Obi-Wan was confused.
    ?What do you mean ?one day? Master??

?How old are you young Obi-wan? Yoda queried.
    ?I just turned Ten Master? Obi-wan answered.
    ?Then too young for you too worry about the future. Ask me again when twelve you are? he said.
    ?Twelve; That?s when I will be picked as an apprentice won?t it Master?? Obi-wan answered excitedly.
    ?Yes, Young one you will be apprenticed to a fine Jedi? Master Yoda confirmed.

Closer to his twelfth year each time he passed Qui-Gon in the Hall or the Garden or the Training sallè he had felt the force whispering to him.
    A tingling sensation would form in his mind; it was a bond forming, between him and Qui-Gon.
    He didn?t know how or why it was happening, but even though the first sensation was comforting, it usually turned to pain.

What he didn?t know was that Qui-Gon had sensed the bond forming as well, and each time

14. Ani-maniac

Jul 5, 2005
    But everything changed after that Qui-Gon became moody and picked on Obi-wan for every little thing.

:mad: *stalks towards Qui-Gon with baseball bat in hand*

;)

Qui-Gon never yelled, but it was his eyes they always pierced into Obi-wan like he was looking at some one else. Then the rules became harsher. Qui-Gon would train him and guide him, but be became colder to Obi-Wan their bond became a silent partner, only used for training.

Obi-Wan isn't Xanatos and Qui-Gon needs to realize that. Though for some reason, I have a feeling it will take a while to get through that thick skull of his, lol. :D

Excellent work as always! :)

Ani-maniac

15. Starwen_Skywalker

Starwen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Great job on this story! I loved how Tahl and Mace were standing up for Obi-Wan. At least they realize the truth about poor little Obi. Please add me to your PM list.

16. MASTER_KAYM

Aug 3, 2004
    Grrrrr!! How dare he?? :mad:

Great chapter, and a long one too!! :) Really nice, all the angst! :)

By the way, thanks for the PM!!

17. Misty

Misty Jedi Master

Mar 20, 2006
    Uh oh, I hope Qui-gon really gives Obi-wan a chance to defend himself - although from what I've seen so far it doesn't seem that likely.[face_worried]

Great post.

18. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I loved the update. Poor Obi, I hope Qui gives him a chance to explain things. By the way, could you add me to the PM list? Thanks! Keep up the awesome work! :)

19. Cole_Kenobi

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh Quigon,you thickhead numbscull! Dont you dare listen to that evil lil kid and punishment the one good thing you've got! Luv the lil bit about how the council had made a mistake but didn't tell Obi. Awesome update! Thx for for the PM.

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That essay better not blow away in the breeze! Qui-Gon needs to read it.

But Obi was perplexed that his Master never discussed them with him. He wondered if Qui-Gon even read them, he doubted it.

So in this essay he wrote all his faults down and what his Master expected of an apprentice, he accepted the blame for everything and then offered to leave if it was what Qui-Gon wanted.
    He wrote at the bottom
    ? Master I am truly sorry for causing you so much trouble and I will not be offended if you wish to dismiss me.?

Yours truly
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.

21. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    i can only hope qui realizes that obi needs some love every now and then before its to late.......amazing post!!~ :)

22. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    A Brand New Story! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Chapter 1

Because Obi-wan was not an early riser, he found it difficult to get out of bed, but Qui-Gon?s idea of rising was to get up at 4.30am, a good hour before the rest of the Temple stirred.

*yawn* Hey, I'm with Obi on this early thing! I-)

Qui-Gon closed his eyes for a moment and thought
    (What is wrong with me, I just lied to my apprentice, he is right I wasn?t meditating at all.)

Yeah, Qui-Gon, what is wrong with you? [face_liarliar]

Chapter 2

A tingling sensation would form in his mind; it was a bond forming, between him and Qui-Gon.
    He didn?t know how or why it was happening, but even though the first sensation was comforting, it usually turned to pain.

What he didn?t know was that Qui-Gon had sensed the bond forming as well, and each time he drew near the boy he would slam up his shields, closing the fledgling connection forming between them.
    It was like the man was throwing daggers into Obi-wan?s mind, his head would ache as though some one had hit him in the head.

*runs over to Ani-maniac's supply of baseball bats and picks up sturdy one*

:mad: Take that, and that, and that, Qui-Gon! [face_beatup]

One of the Padawan?s who had been caught by Mace was just around the corner and heard their conversation.
    He was a former friend of Bruck?s and did not like Obi-Wan because he had killed Bruck.

He thought he would say something to get Obi-Wan into trouble...

?Oh Master Jinn please don?t be mad at Obi for being late home this evening.
    He was helping me find a book!?

?Well it was nice seeing you but I must hurry bye? Keifer said as he turned and walked away.

Qui-Gon watched the boy walk away, his thoughts turned to Obi-Wan (?What am I to do with You Padawan?
    I hope what Padawan Keifer says isn?t true and you didn?t disobey me.)

:eek: You would trust another over your own Padawan?

*picks up baseball bat again and runs after Qui-Gon*

I can tell that this is going to be a lot of fun, GK! :D

You know how much I love getting out all of my frustration at Qui-Gon's expense! [face_batting]

Keep me on your PM list, and I will read every chance I get! [:D]

Star

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Note:
    We here in Australia lost an icon in Steve Irwin
    "Crikey" Mate we will miss your bright light.
    My thoughts go to Terri, Bindi and Bob
    [face_praying]

Ani-maniac Thanks :)
    Possibly if you use that baseball bat enough
    he will forget all about Xanatos[face_laugh]

and remember to duck because his head will be
    very sore after you finish with him [face_dancing]

Starwen_SkywalkerThank You:D
    I loved how Tahl and Mace were standing up for Obi-Wan. At least they realize the truth about poor little Obi.

Every one thinks highly of Obi-Wan except
    [face_shame_on_you] Qui-Gon and Keifer

I have added you to the PM list

MASTER_KAYM
    Grrrrr!! How dare he??

He will get what he deserves[face_devil]
    But more angst coming[face_worried]

Misty Thanks :)
    Uh oh, I hope Qui-gon really gives Obi-wan a chance to defend himself - although from what I've seen so far it doesn't seem that likely.

Qui-Gon should give him a chance ... But
    Highly unlikely:mad: :D

dimyavie Thank You:D
    Poor Obi, I hope Qui gives him a chance to explain things.
    Qui-Gon doesn't give out too many chances[face_not_talking]

I have added you to PM list

Cole_Kenobi Thanks:)
    Oh Quigon,you thickhead numbscull! Dont you dare listen to that evil lil kid and punishment the one good thing you've got!

My favourite name for Qui-Gon when he is acting this way is
    Buckethead.:mad:

Luv the lil bit about how the council had made a mistake but didn't tell Obi.

Thanks, The Council makes many mistakes, they must be blinded by the Dark side[face_devil]

Valairy_ScotThanks:)

That essay better not blow away in the breeze! Qui-Gon needs to read it.
    He needs to read it but He won't![face_shame_on_you]

kenobiwanobi Thank you:)
    i can only hope qui realizes that obi needs some love every now and then before its to late

If he realises it too soon there will be no story[face_laugh]

Star_Drifter Thank You my Friend[:D]

Chapter 1
    *yawn* Hey, I'm with Obi on this early thing!
    4.30 am is too early for me too.[face_tired]

Yeah, Qui-Gon, what is wrong with you?
    The list of his wrongs is far too long
    to mention:oops:

Chapter 2
    *runs over to Ani-maniac's suppy of baseball bats and picks up sturdy one*
    But will it be sturdy after you have
    finished with it :p

Take that, and that, and that, Qui-Gon!
    Did you break that bat!!!:eek:

You would trust another over your own Padawan?
    Qui-Gon trusts anyone but his Padawan[face_worried]

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Chapter 3

Qui-Gon had to wait till the next morning to approach Obi-Wan about what Keifer had said.

Obi-Wan was asleep by the time he got home, so Qui-Gon tried to meditate to release his feelings, but Padawan Keifer?s words kept coming back at him.

In the morning Obi-Wan was called to the common room.
    He could sense the coldness in his Masters voice. (What have I done now?) He thought.
    ?Padawan when I left here yesterday, I specifically told you to remain here did I not??
    ?Yes Master and I did? Obi looked around for the essay he wrote.

?I did as you asked, I wrote the essay you requested, and I left it on the table. ? he said as he pointed to the empty table.

?Yes I have the essay Padawan I will read it later, and what else did you do? My young Padawan?
    ?I cleaned up my room, I made dinner, I left yours in the cooler Master?
    ?What else did you do?? Qui-Gon kept asking.
    ?I did the extra duties you gave me and then I did Nothing Master?, I sat over there for a while? he said pointing to the window. ?Then I went to bed?
    ?Master, did I do something wrong?? he inquired.

?On my way back here last night, I bumped into Padawan Keifer he said you were with him at the Library?? Qui-Gon questioned.

?No Master I was not, I did not leave the apartment? and then Obi-Wan added. ?Master? why would I be with Padawan Keifer! he doesn?t even like me, I wouldn?t go anywhere with him!
    I am telling the truth Master, I never left the apartment.? Obi-Wan stated.

Qui-Gon didn?t know what to think his mind kept remembering the times that his former Padawan had lied to him and had sneaked out on many occasions, and because Qui-Gon was upset he hadn?t opened himself up to the force, like he should do.
    If he had, he would have sensed that Obi-Wan was telling the truth.

?Your astrophysics exam is this morning is it not?? he asked.
    ?Yes Master, and after mid day meal, I have navigation map plotting, and Communication studies.? Obi-Wan answered.

?Then we will talk about this further straight after Classes; I want you to come straight home after your last study session.? Qui-Gon said.

?But Master?

?No buts Padawan Do not try my patience? Qui-Gon snapped.

?Master I do not mean to be disrespectful, but Master Jolenar sent me a message to come to his office to pick up my exam results, after last study session."

?Fine, but see that you come straight home young man after picking them up.? Qui-Gon snapped.

?Yes Master? Obi said as he lowered his eyes to the table, depression was setting in, and he didn?t feel like eating breakfast now.
    So he excused himself and went to dress ready for class.

The Astrophysics exam was first on the agenda and Obi-wan answered all the questions correctly, even though he was a bit distracted when he saw Keifer smirking at him.
    After the test was over, Obi-wan went to his next class.

His Astrophysics teacher Master Sen-Kol, took the test papers to Master Jolenar.
    Unbeknown to Obi-wan he had topped his age mates in three other subject exams, and Master Sen-Kol had expected Obi-wan to do well in Astrophysics.
    If they were right and Obi had indeed placed first in Astrophysics it meant that Obi-wan had topped all students in the four hardest subjects.
    Master Jolenar checked Obi-wan?s answers with Master Sen-Kol, they were thrilled when they realised the boy had not made any mistakes.

Master Jolenar was so happy for Obi-Wan, he was impressed with Obi-Wans work, as he had never had such a dedicated student.
    When Obi arrived at Master Jolenar?s rooms the Teacher presented him with a first place card for four subjects.

?I will make the announcement at the assembly in two days. I have never had a student gaining first place in the four hardest subjects before, you have earned the recognition, and I am very proud of your achievements.
    I haven?t told your Master or the Council yet. I thought you might want to tell your Master the good news yourself. I will inform the Council Tomorrow.? Master Jolenar was beaming as he spoke.

Obi-

25. Cole_Kenobi

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh, I just want to ring Quigon's neck! I bet Obiwans lil heart just shattered into a thousand tiny pieces. Aww how blind, insolent fool you are Quigon!!!! Gah, all of those around you see it, why can't you! He definetly has some problems, if he can't control his anger when talking to a healer, come on now, who is supposed to be the jedi? lol

Awesome update!!! You've made my day...night to be more exact lol. I wasn't expecting one so soon so this was a treat. I can't wait for the next one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.