main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Rightful Owner : - Obi/Qui JA Obi-Angst 4 th Oct * FINISHED *

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    sorry i'm late!
    you have another great story here! i am quite upset with qui-gon for the way he's treating obi, just when i think he might try to be better he goes and says something pig headed!
    here's hoping he comes around soon! obi needs qui-gon's support as much as qui-gon needs obi's!

2. Starwen_Skywalker

Starwen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Another great chapter. I'm getting really worried about Obi-Wan, though. Writing in his journal sure won't solve all his problems. Why won't Qui-Gon let him speak to the mind healer? That stubborn man is going to destroy his own padawan, if he's not careful.

3. Qui-GonJinn1

Qui-GonJinn1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2005
    Aw! My poor Obi-Wan! He needs a big hug to make him feel better!
    Come on Qui-Gon, be nice! Obi-Wan needs his Master!

Amazing writing by the way! =D=

4. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Gah!!! QUi-Gon, do you realise what you've just said??? It will only make Obi-Wan less confident (more angst, yay!!... ahem...I mean, poor Obi!)

Poor little thing... *Hugs Obi* I hope Qui-Gon will come to see his mistakes.

Great chapter, as usual!! ;)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon needs a swift kick in the rear! [face_frustrated] Hopefully, he'sll straighten up soon! [face_shame_on_you]

6. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wonderful post....i hope qui opens his blinded eyes soon....[face_worried]

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I am sorry it took so long for me to respond, but the system wouldn't let me access the link for some reason... :confused:

Obi-Wan started to apologise ?I?m sorr? But Qui-Gon held his hand up to his Padawan?s mouth. ?You have disobeyed me again. ?I do not want to hear another word from your mouth. Do you understand?

He... how dare he... that... Grrr... :mad:

Thankfully, after Darth Mom mentioned that my baseball bats might not be strong enough, I got some new ones... solid durasteel. [face_batting]

Failed again; you?re such a stupid Padawan; I have to try harder; Be perfect like him; I?m so sorry Master I?ll be better I promise. Please give me a chance.

Poor Obi-Wan. :(

?My Padawan is strong enough to accept what happened with initiate Chun, if he is not then he shouldn?t be a Jedi. And as I have told you before, there is nothing wrong with me? He growled...

No, no, nothing wrong with him at all... [face_whistling] Look at how he is always so calm and collected... ;)

Incredible work as always! [:D]

Ani-maniac

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Take that, and that, and that, Qui-Gon!
    Did you break that bat!!! :eek:

Unfortunately, I did... [face_blush]

But, don't worry, I replaced it for Ani, and bought some of those new durasteel ones for myself! I can tell that I am going to need them! [face_mischief]

?On my way back here last night, I bumped into Padawan Keifer he said you were with him at the Library?? Qui-Gon questioned.

?No Master I was not, I did not leave the apartment? and then Obi-Wan added. ?Master? why would I be with Padawan Keifer! he doesn?t even like me, I wouldn?t go anywhere with him!?
    ?I am telling the truth Master, I never left the apartment.? Obi-Wan stated.

:rolleyes: Here we go again, Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan is not Xanatos!

Master Jolenar was so happy for Obi-Wan, he was impressed with Obi-Wans work, as he had never had such a dedicated student.
    When Obi arrived at Master Jolenar?s rooms the Teacher presented him with a first place card for four subjects.

?I will make the announcement at the assembly in two days? ?I have never had a student gaining first place in the four hardest subjects before, you have earned the recognition, and I am very proud of your achievements.
    I haven?t told your Master or the Council yet. I thought you might want to tell your Master the good news yourself.?
    ?I will inform the Council Tomorrow.? Master Jolenar was beaming as he spoke.

o_O Maybe you should have informed all of them immediately, Master Jolenar...

Obi-Wan started to apologise ?I?m sorr? But Qui-Gon held his hand up to his Padawan?s mouth.
    ?You have disobeyed me again. ?I do not want to hear another word from your mouth. Do you understand?
    Qui-Gon practically growled.
    Obi-Wans joy with his top scores disappeared. He simply nodded his head and whispered.? Yes Master?

?Go to your room, and stay there till I decide what to do.? he snapped.

*grabs durasteel baseball bat and begins to warm up* :mad:

Each time there was an accusation or incident, Obi-wan would write it all down, hoping that soon things would work out; and he could start writing about the good things that might happen to him.
    But in the three months he had been writing nothing really good had happened, except today he had passed four subjects, and was going to receive an award.
    So he wrote it in his Journal, but it wasn?t written with pride and contentment, it was written in despair and hopelessness.

Now he dreaded the Journal, he hated opening it, he sat there looking at this latest entry and thought (I am never going to finish this Journal, I am never going to be a Jedi)

I have a bad feeling about this! [face_worried]

?My Padawan is strong enough to accept what happened with initiate Chun, if he is not then he shouldn?t be a Jedi.?
    ?And as I have told you before, there is nothing wrong with me? He growled.....

Wanna bet? *picks up baseball bat and smacks Qui-Gon on the side of the head* [face_beatup]

Poor Obi-Wan! He just can't win in this story, can he? :_|

[face_thinking] And, I have a feeling that things are going to get a lot worse before they get any better...

Wonderful update, my friend! [:D]

Star

9. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    This is getting good, any chance you can add me to your PM list if you have one? :)

10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Cole_Kenobi Thanks[face_dancing]
    Oh, I just want to ring Quigon's neck! I bet Obiwans lil heart just shattered into a thousand tiny pieces.

He certainly brings out the evil in us.[face_devil]
    I dont think Obi's heart can take much more

all of those around you see it, why can't you!
    Qui-Gon was notorious for not seeing what
    was in front of him[face_shame_on_you]

obi_webb I appreciate your support[:D]
    i am quite upset with qui-gon for the way he's treating obi, just when i think he might try to be better he goes and says something pig headed! [face_pig]

Ah! I finally get to use the pig head to
    describe Qui-Gon[face_laugh]

They need each other but there are forces at work to keep them apart.[face_worried]

Starwen_Skywalker Thank you[face_dancing]
    Writing in his journal sure won't solve all his problems.
    No it won't but it tells a story8-}

That stubborn man is going to destroy his own padawan, if he's not careful.

He cannot see it, as far as Qui-Gon is concerned there is nothing wrong8-}

Qui-GonJinn1 Thank you@};-
    Aw! My poor Obi-Wan! He needs a big hug to make him feel better!

You are so right, but I am not sure where he is going to get one from[:D]

MASTER_KAYM Thanks[:D]
    Gah!!! QUi-Gon, do you realise what you've just said??? It will only make Obi-Wan less confident[face_worried]

More angst you say, OK more you shall get[face_devil]

VADERLVR64 your replies are appreciated.[:D]

Qui-Gon needs a swift kick in the rear!

Perhaps a good pair of steel cap boots
    will do the job.[face_laugh]

kenobiwanobiThank you[face_love]
    ....i hope qui opens his blinded eyes soon....

Ah! Yes! But it may be too late:eek:

Ani-maniacThanks Ani [:D]
    He... how dare he... that... Grrr... Thankfully, after Darth Mom mentioned that my baseball bats might not be strong enough, I got some new ones... solid durasteel.

"Yes I have seen the result of the new and improved
    baseball bat"[face_dancing]

No, no, nothing wrong with him at all... Look at how he is always so calm and collected...
    But Qui-Gon is blind he can only see what he
    wants to see[face_not_talking]

Star_Drifter Thanks my friend@};-
    Take that, and that, and that, Qui-Gon!
    Did you break that bat!!!

Unfortunately, I did...

"Wow Durasteel"

Here we go again, Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan is not Xanatos!

Maybe you didn't knock enough sense into him[face_laugh]

Poor Obi-Wan! He just can't win in this story, can he?

And, I have a feeling that things are going to get a lot worse before they get any better...

Your feelings serve you well[:D]

KILIK Thanks for reading[:D]

I have added you to the PM list

:D

Here s my list just let me know if you want to be added[:D]

Cole_Kenobi
    VADERLVR64
    Ani-maniac
    kenobiwanobi
    MASTER_KAYM
    Starwen_Skywalker
    dimyavie
    Star_Drifter
    KILIK
    Qui-GonJinn1
    obi_webb

11. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    Could you add me to your PM list too please?
    I can't wait to see what happens!

12. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    PM me please! thank you[:D]

13. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Qui-GonJinn1 I have added you so happy you are enjoying
    the story.:D

obi_webb You are always on my list. my friend[:D]

and now for chapter 4

Obi-Wan could hear what his Master was saying.

(So that?s why he said I didn?t need the Healers, he thinks I should be able to accept what happened to Bruck, but I can?t, I didn?t want him to die. Maybe I am weak, maybe they are right, maybe that?s why they sent me to the Agri-corps, and they knew I wasn?t good enough.
    They all knew I wasn?t worthy to be a Jedi, but Qui-Gon felt sorry for me, and made me his apprentice.

Now they don?t know what to do with me.
    Bruck was right when he said Qui-Gon would never respect me, he doesn?t even like me.
    Now he regrets it, but he is stuck with a weak and worthless Padawan)

These thoughts were going through his mind as the argument was going on around him.

Several other Masters came over to break up the fight, Qui-Gon had hold of the Master Healers robes and was shaking him, Obi-Wan was pushed into the background.
    Tears sprung to his eyes and because he didn?t want his Master or anybody seeing him for the weak cry baby that he was, he turned and quickly slipped out of the training arena.

Once in the corridor he ran back to their apartment. He couldn?t take it anymore.
    It was distressing to know that he had caused an argument between two Masters.

In all his short years at the Temple this was the first time he had ever heard two Masters raise their voices in anger.
    Obi-Wan concluded that it was his entire fault, if he had just stayed on Bandameer none of this would have happened.

He entered the apartment looking around. He felt so ashamed that he was the cause of so much disruption.
    He would leave he wouldn?t wait to be dismissed, Obi-Wan would make the decision easy for Qui-Gon.

He would pack his belongings and just go.

Obi-wan went into his bedroom he looked around, but nothing in the room really belonged to him.
    The clothes in his cupboard were Jedi clothes, the books he read belonged to the library, and then he went to the draw and took out his Journal.
    He picked it up, it was the only thing he really owned besides the rock that Qui-Gon had given him when he took him as his Padawan.
    He opened the book and flipped through some of the pages. He realised there was no point in taking the journal.
    It would just remind him of what a failure he was.

So he threw it in the wastebasket next to his desk.

Obi-wan pulled out the rock from his pocket, it was a beautiful smooth round rock and when he held it up to the light it glistened.
    It was a deep rich cobalt colouring and had veins of pale blue and green running all through and around it.
    It was the only possession that he really cared about.
    But as he looked at it he realised it was not meant for him any way.
    It was meant for some one who would be worthy to be Qui-Gon?s Padawan.
    He put the stone on his desk and stared at it.
    Qui-Gon wouldn?t want Obi-Wan to take it, and it was too nice to throw in the bin, but he wondered what Qui-Gon would do with it.
    Obi-Wan picked it up feeling an emptiness fill him when he placed it on the desk, would Qui-Gon give it to his next Padawan.

No! he thought, Qui-Gon didn?t want another Padawan, he didn?t want another failure.

Obi-Wan knew without a doubt that Qui-Gon would never take on another Padawan, so this rock would more than likely remind Qui-Gon of his unworthy Padawan?s and he would probably throw the rock in the trash, but Obi-Wan couldn?t bear to have that happen to such a beautiful stone?....

Back at the training Hall Master Windu and several other Masters had calmed everyone down.
    Master Windu was very infuriated that two Masters would put on such a disrespectful display in front of Padawan?s and other Knights.
    ?I am ashamed of both of you? Master Windu said to both men. ?Please come with me, and he pointed to a small training room off the main arena, where he questioned both men.
    By this time Qui-Gon had calmed down a

14. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh nooo!!! He ran away! :( They must find him soon!

At least, Qui-Gon knows now that he has a problem and that he needs help. That's good :)

Exellent chapter once more, thanks fot de PM :)

15. Qui-GonJinn1

Sep 9, 2005
    Thanks for the PM!

No, Obi-Wan come back, you know you want to!

Please?

I'll give you a hug if you come back!

16. Starwen_Skywalker

Starwen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    Thanks for another beautiful chapter. I'm so glad Qui-Gon and the other Masters read Obi's journal. Now, they can help him in a more effective way. I just hope they can find Obi before anything too bad happens. Thanks for the pm :D

17. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    He ran off, I would of done the same if I were him.

Nice update can't wait for the next one. :)

18. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    what a wonderful update!! Wow-I am glad Qui at least realizes what he's done to poor Obi...cant wait for the next post!!~

19. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    OH poor Obiwan!!! Awww, I'm glad that finally the masters see the truth behind the other padawans revenge against Obiwan. Good job Quigon, you've ran off another apprentience! Lets just hope Obi makes it back safely with no harm done to him by himself or any other. Aww how embarrassing and humiliating to have someone read your diary/journal, aww Obiwan.

Awesome update! Thx bunches for the PM, I actually missed it because I didn't get online last night, very tired, had a tennis match, won, all groove.

I can't wait for more!

20. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    So that?s why he said I didn?t need the Healers, he thinks I should be able to accept what happened to Bruck, but I can?t, I didn?t want him to die. Maybe I am weak, maybe they are right, maybe that?s why they sent me to the Agri-corps, and they knew I wasn?t good enough. They all knew I wasn?t worthy to be a Jedi, but Qui-Gon felt sorry for me, and made me his apprentice.

Poor Obi-Wan. :(

Several other Masters came over to break up the fight, Qui-Gon had hold of the Master Healers robes and was shaking him, Obi-Wan was pushed into the background.

*Is tempted to slip all of the other Jedi some of her durasteel bats when no one is looking* ;)

?We must find him quickly, he believes he is worthless, and force only knows what he may do to himself. These entries reveal a very disturbing decline in the boy?s self-confidence, and he still blames himself for Initiate Chun?s death."

I suddenly have a bad feeling about this... [face_worried]

I look forward to the next part! [:D]

Ani-maniac

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh no![face_worried] I hope they find him soon!

A great update! =D=

22. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    good move qui-gon! of course you figure things out now that obi has already ran off:oops:
    it was good to hear kiefer forced into confessing all he's done to obi-wan.. gives qui another reason to feel horrible about what he's done!
    i hope he makes up for it soon! course, i have a feeling it'll be easier said then done.. looking forward to seeing how it develops!
    thanks for the pm!
    [:D]

23. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    MASTER KAYM It always takes Qui-Gon more time than anyone else to see
    what is right and what is wrong
    thanks for reading.[:D]

Qui-GonJinn1 He didn?t want to leave but, you know Obi he will do anything for a hug [:D]
    Your welcome:D

Starwen_Skywalker
    Your welcome ;) the journal wont give them any clues.[face_shhh]

KILIK
    He ran off, I would of done the same if I were him.
    But how far is he going to run before they find him
    Thanks for reading:*

kenobiwanobi thank you[:D]
    Qui-Gon has to find him to make up to him.

Cole_Kenobi
    Your very welcome,[:D] a journal is sacred ! but he did throw it in the bin![face_shame_on_you]

Ani-maniac

Thanks Ani I am sure there are several Jedi who would like to thump Qui-Gon 8-} [:D]

VADERLVR64

Thanks ever so much.[:D]

obi_webb Thank you:D
    Yep Qui-Gon is really quick off the mark, Qui-Gon deserves a bit of angst himself.[face_shame_on_you]

24. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    It seems that my feelings are serving me all TOO well! [face_worried]

In all his short years at the Temple this was the first time he had ever heard two Masters raise their voices in anger.
    Obi-Wan concluded that it was his entire fault, if he had just stayed on Bandameer none of this would have happened.

:rolleyes: Nope, Qui-Gon would just find someone else to pick on!

Obi-wan pulled out the rock from his pocket, it was a beautiful smooth round rock and when he held it up to the light it glistened.
    It was a deep rich cobalt colouring and had veins of pale blue and green running all through and around it.
    It was the only possession that he really cared about.

Yeah, and he probably gets more sympathy from that rock, too! o_O

?Master Windu told me to get you and bring you back to the arena.?

?You must be in big trouble if the head of the Council wants to see you? and he wasn?t happy let me tell you?. Kiefer smirked.

Liar! [face_liarliar]

Once on board he hid in the cargo hold. He didn?t know where the transport was heading and he didn?t really care, just as long as he put enough distance between himself and his Master?. ?or former Master? he thought.

I have a bad feeling about this... [face_worried]

?Oh force what have I done, I have made him feel so unworthy.? Qui-Gon handed the book to the Healer.
    After a few minutes the Healer looked up from his reading and shook his head.

?We must find him quickly, he believes he is worthless, and force only knows what he may do to himself.? ?These entries reveal a very disturbing decline in the boy?s self-confidence, and he still blames himself for Initiate Chun?s death.

And it's all your fault, Qui-Gon! :mad:

SMACK! [face_beatup]

I just love these new durasteel bats! Thanks, Ani! [face_batting]

Poor Obi! I can't wait to see what happens next, my friend! :D

Thanks for the PM, and the wonderful story! [:D]

Star

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Star_Drifter
    Qui-Gon remains as always a Buckethead.
    When it comes to Obi-Wan.

Yeah, and he probably gets more sympathy from that rock, too
    It certainly has more feelings than Qui-Gon[face_shame_on_you]

Poor Obi! I can't wait to see what happens next, my friend!

You won't have long to wait.:D

A new post is here[:D]

Obi-Wan could hear voices, as he woke up; he was hidden by some rather large boxes.
    ?Well what are we going to do we don?t have any more plates and I am not spending the next four days washing dishes?.

Obi-Wan spied around the box as the taller man spoke.
    The shorter one sounded angry, and said. ?Well It?s your fault we don?t have a kitchen hand. You had to keep picking on him didn?t you!
    I told you to leave him alone or you would end up washing the dishes yourself.?

?Aw I was only having fun how was I to know he couldn?t take a joke and quit just like that?
    Come on Cole! maybe we can find some one on the ship who wants a job.
    ?Yeah right Tomo! what are you going to say.?
    ?Hey do you wanner wash dishes for four days.? I?m sure every one will jump at the chance? he snapped.

?Come on lets go back to the galley?.
    The two guys left the cargo hold and started walking down the corridor still whining about their problem.

Obi-Wan realised that he wouldn?t survive for long without food so he thought if he got a job then he would get some credits or at least some food.

He ran down the corridor after the two guys. ?Hey wait? he yelled. Tomo and Cole turned around. ?Wha-da-yaa want kid? Tomo said.

Obi-Wan quickly said ?I heard you lost your dish washer ?I can wash dishes for a price.?

?Where did you come from Kid? Were you in the cargo hold? You a stow away?? Cole asked.

?Look? Obi said ?I got separated from my family and got on the wrong transport, by the time I realised; we took off already, So I need some credits to be able to contact them, when we reach our destination.?

Obi-wan knew it was against the Jedi code to lie, but he was desperate and besides he wasn?t a Jedi any more.

?But if you don?t want me to wash your dishes, you can do them yourself? Obi turned around and started walking off.

?Hey wait kid? Cole said grabbing Obi?s arm ?Ok yah got yah self a job, come with us.?
    When they got to the galley Tomo told his boss that Obi was the son of a friend and needed a job.

The boss didn?t care what story they told him he just needed a dish washer.
    ?Ok kid get to work there?s the sink, Get started?
    ?Yes Sir? Obi said thinking that at least he would have something to do to keep his mind off his failed life.
    It was hard work, and he washed dishes from daylight to dark. It was a big transport with many passengers.
    After four days the transport arrived on the planet Nubia.
    The boss gave Obi-wan some credits for four days work, it wasn?t much but it would give him enough to continue on his way.
    Obi collected his credits and his hidden belongings and when it was dark he sneaked off the ship.

He found an empty luggage room in the spaceport, so he decided to sleep there for a couple of hours until he figured what he was going to do and where he was going to go.

Sitting there in the darkness of the luggage room, his memories started to occupy his mind. There were some bad memories and Obi-wan didn?t want to remember them so he thought back to happier times, he took out the stone that Qui-Gon had given him, after he had finally accepted him as a Padawan.

Obi-wan wondered if he had given the stone to his former apprentice, and then took it back when he had turned to the dark side.
    (Maybe I should have left it behind.) he thought.
    No it wouldn?t have mattered to Qui-Gon he didn?t want another Padawan anyway.

He remembered when Qui-Gon had given him the stone it was the only time they ever really talked about anything other than training.
    Qui-Gon had told him the story of how he found the rock; he made it sound like the stone called to him.
    He was on his home planet and

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.