main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Rilwen's Art Thread...Updated 15th June

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Rilwen_Shadowflame, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome to the Forum! It's great to see another artists work and I must say that your pieces are very nice, and I just had to laugh when it came to the old Twi'lek. I really enjoyed your added piece of Twi'lek women don't stay young forever, priceless!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Rilwen_Shadowflame, and welcome to Fan Art! Thanks for sharing your artwork--we love to have people join our community here!

These are all very nice--it's always fun to see how others draw and outfit their Jedi and Sith! Your "Sith Assassin" is quite unique--something about the pretty face and the blue eyes that might throw off her victims...more's the pity for them, I would think! ;) Good costuming there, too. The padawan has a wonderful mood to him--the face is very well done, and that's a tough angle to draw faces, too. You're correct about the body proportions--but I'm happy to offer some online references (for both hands and figures), if you're interested--just let me know! I, too, got a giggle about the "older Twi'lek;" I guess even a Twi'lek has to admit when she's not a "hot girly" anymore, lol! ;) I can see some good sweeps of shading showing up in your OC and her husband--shading is something to get really brave with, as it can add so much to a drawing: give it depth and volume and "pop!" Keep on working with that, too!

We're glad you decided to post, and we'll be looking forward to seeing some more!

FF

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the link you gave me via msm! I am happy that you share this with me.

It is great to see all your latest work in a fanart thread in here!

I will watch your future develeopement!

5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
  6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *beams!*

Can it be that I know the comics?

*nudges Rilwen friendly!*

The last picture is very gloomy, because the arrisig mist looks to threatening! Almost like a life form. Well done!

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I have to agree with AzureAngle on the your character piece with atmosphere, it's very earie and has that twilight quality that if it moved one's skin would tense.

Your comic book pages are very nice, and give a very good back story to your character with an emotional aspect that otherwise would have been lost in words. Bravo.

Your a Ay asha Deliellen, is a very interesting S'kytri is that a sound amplyfying horn, dinosaur like thingy on her head? Her wings are very nice especially with the added affect of the force lightning in her left hand.

8. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
  9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I had a good laugh over the Darth Vassago "business!" I think we all need to have a sense of humor about our characters, original or profic--it's healthy (and keeps reminding us of their "fictional nature!" ;) [face_laugh] )! The chibi is good--you could go even cuter with the face, though! ;) I'd love to see a portrait of your Zabrak--a facial close-up: you've given her a fascinating tattoo pattern, and I'd love to see it up close! And I totally get the idea of wanting characters to have a "fun" or "casual" moment--my own gallery is full of stuff like that!! Nice work with the expressions on both of them, in that one! Keep up the good work!

FF

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, make the eyes bigger and then it will be a irresistable creature! It may even conquer the JC or become emperor. Who knows? Cuteness is a dangerous weapon!

11. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    You don't understaaaaand! The cuter I make it, the longer I get tortured before my execution. :_|

:p

Now, a rather peculiar creature I couldn't resist drawing...

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Great! I loved some of the other comments over at dA, too--this little creature can come in many forms, no...? ;) :D Cute!

FF

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, Ril, artists have to suffer for their work at times. And bigger eyes have a certain appeal as MANGAS and biologists teach us!

14. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Very nice ;)

I like the padawan especially. Very emotional.

15. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
  16. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Rilwen! [:D]
    Cool to see you here at Fanarts!

[face_laugh] I didn't get a trauma cause it's impossible after having read fanfics like Too sexy for my Empire. :p
    But it came close! [face_laugh]
    You read it as well, didn't you? Don't re-read it! Just don't. I re-read half of this after seeing you pic and had to swallow very hard to keep my lunch down.
    No wonder Maul is willing to die now. [face_sick]

And I want the Twi'Lek's lightsaber!!! :eek: It looks awesome! Of course, the rest of her does as well. :p [:D] =D=

More pics soon? [face_batting]

PS: Don't forget to go back to your first post and click edit to change the title. You can leave a small note there when you've updated and maybe also what you've added.

PPS: Pelly and you are evil! The mental images!!! Argh! *runs*

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ah well, Chilla dear, NOT too evil though! But brilliantly nasty and blessed with art skills! Watch your further developement I will, Rilwen!

*beams!*

I am very fascinated about Twileks and I like funny cartoons! Thanks for giving me both with your latest post!

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, my... [face_laugh] Yes, well...the galaxy is full of all kinds of strange and marvelous things...I guess the cartoon might fall into both categories! [face_laugh] ;) Very nice job with the Twi'lek Jedi's robes there, too! I like it a lot!

FF

19. DarthFar

DarthFar Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2007
    O-ho! look who's here! the same person who recently traumatised me with pictures of vampire gizka and a certain emperor going commando. [face_laugh] Good to see you around (and that you're traumatising others with said commando picture); hope to see more from you.

-Far.

20. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Hi,glad to meet you at fanart forum. Your artworks are quite interesting and I can't help smiling when I saw them[face_love]

21. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    LOL, Chilla. Thanks... :p And thankyou also for the tip.

Muhaha...If I traumatised you, Far, I know I've been successful. :p

Thanks NLS, Falcon and Azure. :)

Now, a piece of gift art... Darth Alastor, the character of a friend of mine. :)

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    He has a certain smile around the corners of his mouth. The ladies get weak from it!

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Sorry it took me so long to get in here to comment, Ril! That's a great character design--interesting look, and that expression is all "Darth:" kind of smug and self-satisfied, as they all are... I'm sure your friend is delighted with this! ;)

FF

24. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    yes... yes they do

and yes... Yes i was :p

25. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    LOL, Azure. I can see you've given him the compliment he wanted. :p

Thanks, Falcon. :)

Ok, more gift art, for another friend: