Ring of Fire - The Final Story in Anakin's Saga - Author's final replies and goodbyes 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Souderwan Chosen One

star 6
    Ahh, The One Point. Among the plethora of ideas you've shared with us over the the course of this fabulous saga, this is perhaps one of my favorite. The cusp; the tipping point; the nexus of a moment. A simple tip in any direction changes the entire outcome.

It's easy to face those moments with apprehension, even fear. But these are moments to look forward to, not run away from. It is at these moments that we define ourselves. What am I doing? You said it much better than I can!

=D=

And now I get to look forward to attempts at last-minute heroics, the valiant and fierce determination of Anakin Skywalker, and the desperate hopes of an entire galaxy being happily fulfilled...or hopelessly dashed.

To The One Point we go!! I can't wait!!

Fantastic update, geo3! Simply fantastic! =D=

(That's on the official Souderwan fanfic grading scale, btw :p)

Oh! And lest I forget! Wonderful missing scene DarthBreezy! There is no greater compliment you could pay to an author than to try and merge her universe with your own. The fact that you did so as beautifully and seamlessly as you did is a testament to your remarkable talent! Well done! =D=
    />
  2. JediMasterRev Jedi Master

star 4
    What a thrilling post!

My apologies for the delay in responding, but it took me a few days to really absorb this and try to come up with something intelligent to comment upon. Anyhow, I loved the tension that you've so delicately built up. I'm literally hanging off the edge of my seat, waiting for the next surprise to happen. And you definitely didn't disappoint.

So Anakin has decided that a direct confrontation is the only way out of the already intense situation. This of course creates all sorts of possibilities that I know you will keep us guessing until the very end. I only hope that Anakin is prepared for the trial that he is about to face alone.

And poor Obi-Wan. He faces so much uncertainty and his own doubts concerning Anakin could lead to disastrous consequences if he acts erroneously. There is also Padme and her plight. I'm sure Palpy would love to capture her and use her as leverage during his impending confrontation with Anakin.

So many great and potentially disturbing things are about to happen. Can't wait to read more soon!
  3. nya Jedi Knight

star 2
    Incredible!!!

Reading three chapters in one sitting is intense!
    Sorry to be down and out for so long. I'm just pulling out of my busiest season and things are evening out to a more manageable pace in DRL.

To add to what Souderwan said about the "one point" reminded me of what I did in a technical drawing class I took. In perspective drawing There is a horizon line and a vanishing point to which all parallel lines of sight converge. There is no avoiding it, but it all comes together in the end. We are deffinately upon that point in the story. But I tend to think that it can still end up at any given point. Remember that the chosen one's destiny is to defeat the Sith. Whether it's now or twenty years from now is irrelevant. It WILL happen. That is the vanishing point. The one thing that slowed down the Anakin of canon was foolishness, arrogance, fear and hate. I give the Anakin of Geoverse far more credit than his canon incarnation. Geo has shown an Anakin that is far wiser and more collected than what we saw on screen. Yes, he is still overly passionate and too impetuous still for his own good, the Anakin we all grew to love courtesy of uncle George. But I can see him pulling himself together when the moment calls for him to do so and fullfilling the prophesy on time instead of taking a twenty year detour. I can also see it take a completeley different turn, and see Anakin fall to darkside in such a way that will blow our minds the way only Geo knows how to do. All in all, I eagerly anticipate the rest of the story. Good stuff!
  4. dietcokeani Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been thinking about that 'one point' some more, and have something to relate it to..

When I was first competing in martial arts tournaments, there was so much noise in my head (fears, strategy, tension..), but as I did it more and got better, all that noise went away and there was that one point...it was very calm and settled and quiet.

It was the moment I looked up at my opponent before the starting bell... exhaled, and decided that I was there because I wanted to be there. I was in the ring to fight it out, and so was my opponent. No one was going to do anything else till this was finished. It's Here. It's Now.

It's a great feeling to have things become so clear and simple. Not easy, but simple. It quickly became the best part of the match for me.

5. geo3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey everyone? I?ve been working hard (really!) and the next post is almost ready. It?s time to express my effusive thanks(or time to effusively express my thanks?) for your comments on the last post?

VA_Parky Woohoo, geo!!!!!!!! Another fantastic post! It's almost like a chess match - but with several people at the board. Everybody is maneuvering into position, hoping to be the one with the best spot in the end. It's so eerie and oh-so-masterfully done! I can't tell you how much I am enjoying it.

Chess? or chak?la? ;) Either way, thank you! I?m so glad you?re enjoying it!

I think the thing that makes it especially fascinating is the way you get into the characters' minds. You do such a thorough job examining their thoughts and their emotions that I really feel like I'm right there with them. It's incredible - and draws me in so deeply that I have to remind myself to breathe! I love it!

Hooray!!! * jumps up and down *

And two VERY enthusiastic thumbs-up to DarthBreezy's missing scene! Wow! What a great thread this is, geo! It is really neat to be a part of it.

Thanks so much to DarthBreezy for wading in and to you and everyone else who gave her kudos where kudos were due! I?m with you. I love this thread! [face_love]

EDIT: Ooooh, first post! Time for my dance!! *you put your right foot in, you put your right foot out....*

Heehee!

FitHedi I do hope that Anakin knows what he is doing and doesn't get sucked into the dark side again. Hopefully Obi-Wan will continue to trust Anakin for as long as he can. Awaiting more anxiously this is such a well written fic.

Thanks! Everything depends on Anakin --- as usual! It seems to be his lot in life. The whole ?chosen one? thing --- no matter how AU you go, it still comes down that!

Jazz_Skywalker Oh, Anakin.... for some reason I don't think this will end well at all. But I'm glad he's finally facing Palpatine instead of running. And Tarkin! Wow, just as slimy as he was on ANH!

Ah, Tarkin? how I love showing his true colors! [face_devil] As for Anakin? all we can do is to hang on and wait?

rocketscientist ... I ... I ... AAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! *faints*

Edit - you know, I'm trying to come back to do a better review, but I'm still speechless.

We (the characters and I ;)) love inarticulate reaction posts, because we know they come from the heart! [:D]

I think this is why; it was just SO Anakin! So PERFECTLY Anakin... that it just blows my doors off. You have crafted this character so beautifully that I'm just awed as an artist and thrilled as a reader. He meets all of my expectations in ways that I never knew I wanted him to. I realize that may not make a great deal of sense ( think Brother, Where Art Thou? - "That don't make no seeinse!" {and yes - I tried to be creative with the spelling there!} )but, there it is.

Music. To. My. Ears. Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

This is why I trust you so much as an author - while the outcome of the story itself may not be happy, as a reader, I know I will be. I know I'll love it, despite the fact that I have no idea what's coming. Now that's good!

I will do my level best not to let you down. * gulps and slinks away *

tiffanysblue oh no! I have a terrible feeling about this? don't think can end well for my ani and pad. sniff. I'll have the tissue box ready while I eagerly anticipate your next installment[/i]

You might need it? [face_devil] ? or am I just teasin?? [face_shocked] Either way, thanks so much for posting!

Luna_Nightshade I agree with VA--it is like all the chess pieces are falling into place. I do hope that V'ar's tactic works so Padmé can scoot out to Alderaan. Bail should be able to take care of them. I'm also very amused by the fact that Rieekan has been there all along--hehehehehe.

I love slipping in well-known characters! :D In Rieeken?s case, I guess we know just how he got radicalized? to t
  6. geo3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Happy Monday!

Thanks to @};-ELDRITCH'S@};- breathtaking turnaround time, herewith ... the next post.

Quick Admin notice: if you asked to receive a PM about udates way back when, but didn't get one, it's not because I don't love 'ya, but because you haven't opened the last few and PM "credits" are burning up...;)

Chapter 38. The One Point I (Part II)

The first thing that struck Anakin was how deserted the hangar bay was.

Aside from his own steaming starfighter, only two other ships stood in the gleaming bay. One looked like a modified Republic military shuttle, the kind of ship he?d expected to see on board a star destroyer. The other? Anakin took a long, hard look at it. It was sleek and vaguely familiar-looking; an elegant sailship. A thing of beauty that gave him a very ugly feeling.

Otherwise, the bay was entirely empty. There wasn?t even a sign or sound of a droid anywhere in the quiet hangar. The soft hiss of equalizing air as the hangar bay doors sealed shut plunged the bay into deathly silence, save for the soft hum of his starship?s engines. Landing bay 3B exclusively served the top secret chambers within the flagship. It was not often used, but somehow, he had expected more activity ? more ships to choose from?

Scowling again at the sailship, Anakin rolled his starfighter as close to the aft hangar bay wall as he could and brought her to a stop. He climbed out, dragging a jam-packed tool box with him. For the thousandth time, he wished fervently for an astromech droid, but the Refugee Alliance?s funds didn?t stretch to such luxuries. They had been lucky to get the fighters.

The artificial lights glinted off of the starfighter?s stubby yellow wings when he slipped down her side, and almost wistfully, he found himself giving her flank a quick pat.

Then he caught himself. Enough.

Working as quickly as he could, Anakin opened up the little ship?s reactor housing and began some serious reassembly. He didn?t know how much time he had and it was pointless to waste any of it in announcing his arrival. Besides, he had no intention of leaving the hangar bay and the ships.

He wanted me. I?m here. Let him come to me.

He worked feverishly, trying not to think about what lay ahead. Most of all, he wanted to avoid imagining a face for the presence that had haunted his mind and his dreams for so long. Whenever he did think about it, all that came to him was a bewildering tangle of feelings and images. It was as though the thoughts deliberately obscured themselves, clouding rationality and leaving him empty and confused. All he knew for certain was that the Presence, as he had come to think of it, was here.

He forced himself to focus on his task, and worked on, keeping one part of his mind alert for any movement in the empty and silent hangar. There was none. Until?

?Ah, Skywalker. At last.?

? Anakin leaped to his feet so quickly that he whacked his head on the starfighter?s wing.

?It seems we are destined to meet again and again, until whatever lies between us is finished.?

I didn?t sense him! Unaccustomed to being caught entirely unawares, and utterly unprepared for the sight of his old enemy in this place, for several seconds Anakin could only stare at the source of that familiar, condescending, and utterly hated voice.

?You!!!!!!!? How could I not have felt him coming? For the first time in a very, very long time, Anakin?s hand found the hilt of his lightsaber.

Count Dooku inclined his head in a mocking bow. ?Indeed.?

?What are you doing here?? Anakin hissed, barely believing that the Separatist leader ? the man who had condemned Padmé, Obi-Wan and himself to death on Geonosis ? was standing before him on a Republic Star Destroyer. ?How did you get in here??

?Oh, dear, and to think that I was led to believe that you are so intelligent and perceptive.?

The insult, along with myriad possible explanations for Dooku?s presence on the Republic?s flagship, ricocheted around in Anakin?s
  7. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW!!!! The confrontation between Dooku and Anakin was SO COOL! Not only was there a physical battle going on but the mental one being waged was equally fascinating. How in the world do you do it, geo? :confused: Every chapter is so unique and breathtaking, I go back and read them again and again - just to make sure I have fully appreciated every nuance. :)

I also loved the description of what was going on back on the ship with Padme, V'ar and company. That is such a neat group there. The dynamic between the characters is so wonderfully illustrated - I swear, my anxiety over their safety is practically palpable! I want them to succeed SO badly!! [face_blush]

Have I told you how much I love this story??! [face_love] Because it is just absolutely amazing! My enjoyment level is off the charts - as is my gratitude to you for writing such a masterpiece!

Thanks for the PM - I was thrilled to see you had updated. :D
  8. dietcokeani Jedi Knight

star 1
    ?Oh, Anakin,? the Supreme Chancellor?s voice chortled from beneath the dark
    cloak of a Sith. ?How I have missed you!?

YIKES! Palpy on the scene...he just is soooooo creepy.

Anakin and Dooku... What an intense bout! At his core, I think Dooku is a whiner. He just always seems to lose it in the end for some juvenile reason. I loved how Anakin read the situation and handled him.

What a sad, rude awakening this must be for Anakin...not that he has the time right now to delve into the topic...but it is sad to have been at the top of your game and then face not being there anymore because you've widened your horizons. He has other things and skills now, but it is a bit of a bite to have been at the top of your game and be there no longer.

I like how you included that.

Great post!
    ps...in MY version of this story, Palpy slips on a banana peel and busts his butt on the hangar floor. His robes engulf him and he's like a cat under a bedsheet trying to get untangled and upright again. He rises eventually...and in those disgusting, chalky fleshy folds of his face, we see just a little hint of pink. ROTFL!!!!

9. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Transfixed by sheer surprise and by uncontrollable curiosity, Anakin recklessly moved away from the starfighter into open territory to take a look at the intruder. The invisible veils that had obscured his thinking and his awareness fell away, and finally he understood ? everything.

Ahhh! Alas, Anakin finally boards the clue train! But is it too little too late?

I'm glad Anakin 'woke up' and realised that Dukoo was simply delaying him though!

I'm sure Palpy is glad to be 'back in the forefront' too - did you want to shower after writing that bit? :p

Well, 'historicly' we know that at least Reiken will survive the encounter (at least, we hope!) but what of Padme and V'ar and the rest? :eek:
  10. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    This just keeps getting better and better. I love that Anakin finally stopped thinking and let instinct take over. I'll be very interested to see what happens now that the chancellor is back into the picture and is right there. Great update!
  11. satanat_solo Force Ghost

star 1
    yey! brilliant post!:eek:

somehow you are managing to keep me on my toes...
    one minute i'm soooo sure i know what's going to happen... like after the last post, i was thinking 'Big duel! Oh! exciting! Anakin's gonna fight Palpy and Dooku!'. Sure enough anakin makes a dramatic entrance to the hanger.. and starts fixing his starfighter? [face_tired] .. hee hee.. didn't see that one coming!

The fight with Dooku was great, i like that anakin was able to admit he was outclassed. unusual!

thanks for the pm :D and again, brilliant work!
  12. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    This fight between Anakin and Dooku was brilliant. I loved how you showed Anakin as weakened from such a long lack of practice with swordsmanship. I especially loved how he realized this and used it to his advantage by breaking away from the fight altogether. Ah, how that had to have burned Dooku, the one more confident in correct swordplay and the rules of fighting. I love how much that seemed to set Dooku off. It was absolutely hilarious to see him writhing there like a little baby--no, you can't! I'll... I'll hurt you! Teeheehee.

I really hope that V'ar and Rieekan's plan works--they desperately need to get out of there, and I have no idea what they plan to do now. Whatever it is, I hope it works!

And then Palpatine shows up... I loved the creepiness of it, and how much it felt like Yoda in AotC suddenly appearing to face Dooku. I only hope that Anakin will be able to use that quick and brash decision making against the both of them. And what was he doing to his fighter? He was really messing with it--what is his plan?!?

I absolutely can't wait to find out the outcome of this battle. This is so exciting! Much =D=, geo! I loved it as always and I can't wait to find out. It feels like everybody in this story is perched, waiting for the outcome of Anakin's battle. I can't wait!
  13. Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I definitely did not expect Dooku to come out! Very good, very exciting indeed! And for it all to be a game for Palpatine...

Honestly, I'm just speechless! Bravo!

jazz
  14. rocketscientist Jedi Knight

star 3
    Amazing! Fabulous!

@};-

Hold this spot till I get back - this is going to take a little time!

15. ELDRITCH Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm going to totally not even comment on the superlative writing and incredibly vivid descriptiveness, because...well...that's probably been said about 14 quadrillion times in this thread.

However, I wanted to mention something that I think indicates a lot. In reading about the hanger, Anakin, Dooku, and their duel, I got a very distinct visual. While reading the post, I SAW the same lighting and the same shadows, the same coloring, the same camera angles, as we were shown at the beginning of RotS on Grievous's ship in the pre-throneroom. It was actually pretty darn cool. I mean, the picture was painted very vividly and just like that geo3's story LOOKED VERY prequel.

Reading this story, anything geo does, is a treat. It's a gift. She puts so much thought and effort, so much love into her stories.

She should get into marketing!!!! Can you imagine how awesome cereal commercials would be with her on the job!!!!

Looking forward to reading the next section before everyone else!!! [face_mischief]
  16. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    That's right... rub it in... [face_whistling]
  17. geo3 Force Ghost

star 4

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

.... You mean, like this? ....

Scene: Padmé?s balcony, Coruscant.

(Early dawn. A breathtakingly beautiful sky, as only the Lucasarts guys can paint, is spread out behind her. The ever-present traffic seems far away and muted.)

(Padmé is leaning against the railing, idly brushing her hair, wearing something diaphanous that cost a million, billion credits. ?Across the Stars? plays softly in the background.)

(She looks up, smiles radiantly. Camera pulls back to show Anakin approaching, fully dressed and armed with his lightsaber. Her smile fades.)

PADMÉ: Anakin, you?re dressed! (Sound of a million women groaning in disappointment.) What?s wrong?

ANAKIN: I?m sorry, Padmé. He called. I have to go?? (The music changes to the first few bars of the Imperial March.)

PADMÉ: ?You can?t go. I won?t let you!? (A passage of heroic music, fading back to ?Across the Stars? as Anakin draws closer to her, slides his hand up her arm, over her shoulder and neck and up to her cheek.)

ANAKIN: ?You are so beautiful??

PADMÉ: (stubbornly) ?You can?t go. I won?t let you. Not without breakfast!?

ANAKIN: (sighing) But the Supreme Chancellor ??

PADMÉ: ?can wait! (She indicates a small table at the side of the balcony that has been elegantly set for breakfast, prominently featuring a large box of Crusties cereal and bouquets of rare hothouse flowers that many Bothans died to bring all the way across the Galaxy)

ANAKIN: Padmé, you know I have to do what he says ? oooh! Crusties!

(Padmé pulls him over to the breakfast table. He goes willingly. She pushes him down in a chair, sits on his lap, pours the cereal into a bowl, and provocatively feeds him one crispy chunk with her fingers.)

ANAKIN: Maybe just? mmmmmmmmmmm.

(Padmé feeds him another one, taking her time about it ... making him wait for it?)

ANAKIN: mmmmmmmmmmm!

(Padmé puts the third chunk between her lips and leans down so he can take it with his.)

ANAKIN: MMMMMMMMMMMM! (Sound of a million women moaning.)

(Camera pans back slowly. Anakin isn?t going anywhere. No more Crusties are being consumed.)

THROATY FEMALE VOICEOVER: Crusties Cereal? the breakfast that heroes use to keep their warriors at home?.

(The sound of a million marketing professionals groaning...)

*geo3 stands back to survey the scene, rolls her eyes, and shakes her head sadly* No, my dear ELDRITCH, somehow I just don't think so!!!

*runs*

18. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
  19. Souderwan Chosen One

star 6
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

I was holding off on my response until I had time but I just had to stop in and chuckle!! That was great, geo3! Thanks for the suggestion, ELDRITCH! =D=

Back later! :D
  20. rocketscientist Jedi Knight

star 3
    edit - I'm officially in mourning! My laptop died in the wee hours of the night and I've lost everything. So here I sit at a strange computer <snif> trying to get used to a new keyboard... :_|

ok - I'll be alright in a moment...

But what an awesome post geo! And at least I still have a computer to read it with!

Jedi. Sith. What did it matter? In Anakin?s experience, deception and lies were common to both. He could only focus on the truth he knew.

Dooku was his enemy.

It was personal.

Dooku had sought him out.

Here. Now.

AAAhhhhh.... feel the hate! Yeah! :) ( yes, I know I'm a little strange)

Anakin resisted the urge to glance at the open reactor housing. The job wasn?t finished. For whatever reason, Dooku was costing him precious time. He needed to act, and to act fast.

You know, I'm really, really worried about what Anakin is doing here. I mean, I'm sure he thinks this is a good idea, but - doesn't he know Padmé's ship is being dragged in???!!!! :eek: What's going to happen when he discovers this???!!!! [face_worried] <waves> Over here Ani! Clue! Here! CLUE!!!! Oh come on, damit - look over here!!!!

[face_frustrated]

?Honestly?? Dooku began to circle Anakin, staring all the while into his eyes. There was something cold and bitter behind those deep, dark eyes. Something spiteful. There was ? hate. Dooku hated him beyond measure. ?I want to be rid of you. I want you to die.?

[face_skull] @};- [face_skull] feeeeeeeellll the hate.... [face_devil]

V?ar reached over the shaken Pilot to switch off the engines and then sank back into her seat to compose herself. The only sound that could be heard in the cabin in the sudden absence of engine noise was ragged breathing.

?How?? Rieeken could barely speak. ??how did you know??

?Change in pitch,? V?ar said briefly.

Nice try V'ar! Damn this is tense! They are in the proverbial "tight spot"!

?A tiny change only.? V?ar turned to Padmé, who was paler than ever.

?I?m sorry, Padmé.? Then, more sharply, ?How are you feeling??

Padmé waved the question away. ?Now what??

Alright Pad! This is no time to give birth or anything like that! <checks calendar> How far along is she?

He knew without looking that Dooku had not moved. ?I can destroy you with a thought!? Dooku roared. ?No matter where you hide!?

At that moment, Anakin knew that his gamble had paid off. He might have smiled if he hadn?t also understood instantly that Dooku was, indeed, performing for someone else. Who that someone might be? well, there was nothing to smile about there.

?I believe you,? he said coolly to the man he no longer feared ? so coolly that he even went back to work on the reactor, giving the last connection a few final twists. ?But you didn?t kill me when you could have. ?

?That is easily rectified,? Dooku growled, moving at last.

Oh Man, Dooku! You've just been played! [face_laugh] [face_devil]

Transfixed by sheer surprise and by uncontrollable curiosity, Anakin recklessly moved away from the starfighter into open territory to take a look at the intruder. The invisible veils that had obscured his thinking and his awareness fell away, and finally he understood ? everything.

Dooku turned to look as well. He lowered his lightsaber. He disengaged it.

?Oh, Anakin,? the Supreme Chancellor?s voice chortled from beneath the dark cloak of a Sith. ?How I have missed you!?

[face_keanu] Whoa! [/face_keanu]

@};-
  21. Lando_Plenty Jedi Knight

star 2
    This post was really enjoyable, even though it's a bit hellish for the characters. I guess it must be me seeing things falling into place and cards being played. Or Anakin making Dooku look stupid. Either way, it rocked.

If I want someone dead, I kill them. Why waste time on all this talk?
    I can just picture this as Anakin's thought process, LOL!

"Oh, Anakin," the Supreme Chancellor's voice chortled from beneath the dark cloak of a Sith. "How I have missed you!"
    Lol, that line is so Sidious!
    As horrible as he is, sometimes I do find myself loving the character. Disgusting geezer. :p
  22. stacysatrip Jedi Master

star 4
    I was operating under the assumption that Anakin had figured out already that Palpatine was a Sith--or at least that he had a suspicion. That he is caught completely by surprise adds another layer entirely to this already intricate tale.

Liked the Dooku confrontation, by the way; especially Anakin eventually going on about his business, toying with the old geezer. It's also unexpected that Padmé's ship actually didn't manage to escape. Your are a master of twists and turns!
  23. organista Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh, how I have missed that Anakin too!!!!! :D

I have missed thinking Anakin through all GL's SW... but now he finally seems to understand and moreover - he seems to know his place in this game... Well, he seems to - because we'll never know what the author is truly about to [face_devil]

Oh, and I have missed Obi-Wan too. I have always wanted him to trust in Anakin but his constant doubt has became even closer to my heart ;) Good, old Obi-Wan you wanna say... will some things never change?

Great job as always Geo - I'm waiting for the great game!

@};-
  24. Souderwan Chosen One

star 6
    I said I'd be back and here I am! :D

As you know, I've been following your work for some time now, thoroughly enjoying your remarkable skill while simultaneously being in awed by it. But I have to tell you, geo3, reading these last few chapters, it?s like you?ve leaped into a whole new orbit that I didn?t even think was possible!

It?s easy to prattle on about your prose?spectacular as always; it?s easy to shower you with praise about the depth of your characterization?some of the very strongest you?ll find anywhere; and sure I could yap on and on about your remarkable versatility, easily moving through drama, romance, angst, and action with equal expertise. But today I want to talk about the story. After all, it is the story that truly matters in the end, is it not?

This chapter is called The One Point and here we are, aren?t we? Every word you?ve written, since nearly four years to the day ago (does that ever blow your mind? Four years! :eek:), has slowly but inexorably brought us to this point. We all know that Star Wars is about choices and when you started on this journey, I believe it was largely to help you understand the choices that would lead an innocent child like Anakin Skywalker to walk the path of man that embodied evil in the persona of Darth Vader.

So here we are, finally, at the point where that once-innocent child is now a man desperately trying to protect his family against an evil so obsessed with him that it has bent the entire galaxy to its will just so that it could claim him. Every word you have written to this point was key to understanding the choices that Anakin must face. We see, without doubt, that Anakin is a good man, as Obi-Wan had told Luke so long ago. All the pieces are in place.

And yet?yet...while it is true that this Anakin that we love so much could, indeed, cross that ineffable barrier that the Sith and the Jedi acknowledge existing and traverse the path of darkness; while we could truly understand how events have been so carefully orchestrated such that he could see his every effort thwarted and eventually resign himself to a life of servitude to the very evil that he so despises, there is still a great hope in me?

A hope that Anakin will somehow find a way. Indeed, you have laid the groundwork for that as well, have you not? A rouge Jedi who is not truly a rouge; a man who battles the darkness by weaving it into the light.

Yes?there is hope.

And so, as Anakin?s sudden understanding of all that has transpired comes into stark focus, we truly are at the One Point.

For here, Anakin Skywalker must decide. Jedi or Sith? Or perhaps?

[Yoda]?there?is?another?[/Yoda]

Please don?t leave me waiting too long to know the answer!! [face_praying]

25. leia_naberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    :D I don't know which I liked more - the show or the commercials. :p :D

The plot thickens. I am extremely worried about Anakin being out of pratice with his lightsabre but it makes complete sense considering his activities (or lack of) since he left the Jedi Order. And I actually like it that the final battle will have less to do with one's mastery of the blade, and more to do with one's mastery of the Force.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.