Saga Ring of Fire - The Final Story in Anakin's Saga - Author's final replies and goodbyes 2/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Jan 18, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am so completely and utterly blown away by this post. So much much action...Must stand back and admire.

Will be back with more coherent thoughts later..

But for now, excellently done, my friend. You have outdone yourself! :)
  2. huzzah Jedi Youngling

Okay, so that was just about the coolest thing I have ever read. And probably the cruellest cliffhanger as well.

Amazing writing. I am shocked and nervous and at the moment very much lacking words.

Apologies, as usual, for my lack of reviews.
  3. dietcokeani Jedi Youngling

star 1
    OMG!!! I'm speechless. I'm going to have to digest that. This story is just non predictable.

4. stacysatrip Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am literally breathless. Wonderful, wonderful job. Anakin has faced the darkness inside himself, and hopefully he will prevail. Thank the Force for V'ar.
  5. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5

The action... Anakin wielding dark powers even BEFORE thoughts of Padme entered the picture... and Dooku speaking the truth... and then Padme... and V'ar... and the CLIFFIE...

and the action! :D The yummy action!

I'm pretty much speechless. Much =D=, geo3--I so hope that you can get Anakin out of this and leave Palpy in a pile of smoldering ashes... it will be so hard to wait to find out. Amazing stuff there--I knew we were getting to The Big Showdown and even so it blew me away. Can't wait for more!
  6. FitJedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ohhh my goodness.... V'ar has somewhat saved Anakin?? Has Anakin done the impossible and starting to fulfill his destiny of being the chosen one? Will he stay in the light? Will he be there for the birth of the twins? So many wonderful questions and I'm sure you will answer them in time.
  7. stacysatrip Jedi Padawan

star 4
    In the spirit of the season and in honor of Palpatine's (hopeful) demise, I submit this ode to the Chancellor:

You're a mean one, Palpatine
    You really are a heel,
    You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Palpatine!
    You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

You're a monster, Palpatine,
    Your heart's an empty hole,
    Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul,
    I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

You're a foul one, Palpatine,
    You have termites in your smile,
    You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile,
    Given a choice between the two of you I'd take the seasick crocodile!

You're a rotter, Palpatine,
    You're the king of sinful sots,
    Your heart's a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots,
    You're a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!

You nauseate me, Palpatine,
    With a nauseous super "naus"!,
    You're a crooked dirty jockey and you drive a crooked hoss,
    Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful
    Assortment of rubbish imaginable mangled up in tangled up knots!

You're a foul one, Palpatine,
    You're a nasty wasty skunk,
    Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk,
    The three words that best describe you are as follows, and I quote,
    "Stink, stank, stunk"!
  8. geo_gnosis Jedi Youngling

star 3
    ^ [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Awesome. Thanks, I think I needed that! After what I just read...

The, I, don't even know how to begin. It, well, Anakin, and that vortex, and then Dooku, and, the Darkness, and V'ar, and the snap of Dooku's neck breaking (gave me chills!!), and the pure evil that is Palpatine, and Anakin pacing around, and, stuff, ... um... You know, maybe I'd better lie down, read it some more, then come back and try again later. Mostly I was :eek:, [face_hypnotized], :eek:, [face_thinking], :eek:! through the whole thing.

Was it possible ? was it possible? ? that while some could not penetrate the veils of the darkness, others were blind to the light?

Yes. Oh, indeed, yes. [face_love]

Amazing stuff, geo3. =D=

9. satanat_solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    :eek: *choking noises*

wow wow wooooow.... ah. brain melted. can't review properly...
    =D= =D=
  10. organista Jedi Youngling

star 1
    First of all - V'ar....... :_| :_| :_|

You had to kill someone, hadn't you? [face_devil] well, at least this time it wasn't a baby... Oh, gosh - that sounds horrible... but you know what I mean:D our allmighty author. Just like GL commented - she was too smart to survive this story anyway. I'm only glad you didn't make her death pointless.

Do you remember how I once wrote about Anakin embracing the Dark and the Light? Well, I surely didn't expect him to do this this way:

Drew the Force around him and inside of him --- deep inside. Dark or light, he didn?t care.

[face_laugh] you'll never stop surprising me!!! I love it!!![face_love]

Well, whole this chapter was astonishing. Your mastery in writing will never let me down. You are very gifted Geo!

Bravo!!!! @};- @};- @};-

and of course I can't wait for more... [face_worried] [face_praying]
  11. Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow! What an update. Thanks so much!=D=
  12. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, but I am tired of your work slipping downwards into the Abyss.

13. geo_gnosis Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes! Maybe we need a new game? More Palpy facts? Commercial jingles? Or---hey, Palpatine poetry! How about some Sithku?

Ha, ha, Palpatine!
    Thought you'd get the Chosen One?!
    Now your butt is toast.

Alas, poor Dooku
    Once great; now bantha poodoo
    Dark Side is like that...

Okay, (good) poetry is not really my strong suit. [face_laugh] But at least it pushes the thread up a little. Maybe other posters can write their own odes to Palpatine, or come up with some limericks about Tarkin or something... :D

14. DarthBreezy Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So here we are, nine stories, four years, gobs of awards and untold amounts of readers, we are finally reaching the grand fan-ally of it all.

What a ride.

In the swirling vortex of the Force, we see Anakin slipping into Palpatine's grasp bit by bit.(Come on, if Palpy didn't have a back up plan after a back up plan, do you really think he would be so foolish as to face Anakin directly? Or perhaps like all tyrants, he has finally over reached himself with a hefty dose of overconfidence? I guess we'll just have to wait and see, hmmm?)

I've had the great privilege of being here from the very start. Intrigued by the seemingly endless boundaries of fan fiction, I went in search of it in other places, and came across a little piece over on fan called "The Hour of Souls". The purity of language, the story, everything just sucked me in. I devoured every story (all of three, I believe that were up there, perhaps only that one - in my old age, such things tend to run together) and found myself so moved, I even sent off a little e-mail to the author, asking for more and mentioning a little place that was another repository of fan fiction...

So here we are, closing in on 5 years later. Nine stories, one visit to this coast, two visits to the other (Man, that's all? I need to save up more!) endless IM's and e-mails, and red marks and story commenting (remember the 'chain fall'? :p) and most importantly, a freindship that has transended fan fiction, and the physical miles that seperate us.

The story, and the ties that bind are symbolic of our lives... threads that bind us through it all...

Once again, what a ride and I can't wait to see where this leg of the journey ends up...

15. dietcokeani Jedi Youngling

star 1
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That poem is exactly how I think of the Palpster. He just squicks me out.

Geo Gnosis....I'd write a limerick if I knew how, but I don't so I won't. I liked yours, though.

This really is a nice community, and I enjoy being a part of it.

On the last post....It's still rambling around in my head. I especially liked that Palpy wanted Anakin to go to his knees for him and he wouldn't...and that then Palpy lowered the bar....that should have shown Anakin where the power really laid. Palpy was begging....there's a clue in that.

16. geo3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, everybody --

Thanks for your wonderful comments! The holidays are beginning to bear down on me so I don't have time to do full replies at the moment, but in the spirit of the efforts made by stacysatrip, geo-gnosis and dietcokeani to lighten things up, I thought I'd add a little Palpatine limerick of my own ...

There once was a Sith Lord named Palpatine
    Who always looked ready for Halloween
    With a cheesy old face
    And no manners or grace
    To temper his overweening self-esteem...:p

I love this little community, too. [:D]

I'll be back soon with proper replies!
  17. Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Dropping in with a late one here... :)
    The last post was many things come to fruition here. I was bowled over reading it. The story, from since before they left Esh-Col, has been riding on a wonderful momentum. I can't wait to see how this major event causes ripples within all the other story arcs...
  18. Souderwan Jedi Grand Master

star 6

I?ve taken entirely too long to respond but I?m sure you know how much I adore this wonderful story.

What does one say about this latest development? Needless to say, many of your readers are flabbergasted and I am no exception. I was amazed by the palpability of the tension you create! More than any other moment in this entire story, you?ve made it clear that in your story, the central battlefield?the conflict of concern?is not outside in the cold vacuum of space with blasters and ships. No, in your story, the focal point for all involved is that ephemeral line in the Force (if such a thing really exists) between the light and the dark. And to that, I can only say?

I had begun to wonder just what was going on with Anakin once he realized Palpatine?s identity in his fullest. He went after Dooku with calm dispatch and cold determination, the mantra that Dooku must die echoing in his head. Previously overmatched completely, Anakin seemed to have suddenly tapped into power and suddenly he was in control. It seemed as if something was subtly urging him on and adding to his power.

But then, you made it so abundantly clear?

?You have nothing to fear, Anakin,? Palpatine was suddenly part of the scene, his voice soothing and full of reassurance. ?All the powers you require for this task are yours. You have only to use them.? Trust me, a familiar interlocutor demanded deep inside of Anakin?s mind. Trust yourself.

Almost wonderingly, Anakin raised his living hand and felt a sensation like no other. His hand, his whole arm, and quickly his whole body felt like a living power conduit, surging and seething with potential, ready to be unleashed with only a thought. A mere thought!

It would be the same for Dooku. He would need only a thought?

Eagerly, hastily, Anakin opened his mind. With barely a motion from his upraised hand, a wild bolt of blue-white killing power formed beneath his palm and shot straight and true into Dooku?s heart.

Suddenly it?s all clicking into place?Anakin?s ?clarity? that had actually limited his field of view; Anakin?s sudden recognition of untapped power at his disposal; and later?

Shut up. Anakin?s booted foot stamped down on Dooku?s neck. The audible snap of his neck breaking was the only mark of his passing; his Sith Master?s low chuckle, his only requiem.

?all of it was a result of careful manipulation by Palpatine.

Something else struck me. It?s clear that in your universe, one cannot be indentured into the Dark Side. Anakin has to crave the power of the Dark Side. He has to want to be Palpatine?s apprentice. And here is where Palpatine makes his great mistake.

For years Palpatine has been manipulating events to get to this point. Surely he recognizes it as the One Point as much as the Jedi do, after all. His arrogance knows no bounds and his absolute glee of having maneuvered everyone and everything to suit his wills to this point was palpable. Palpable Palpatine?*chuckle* sorry...that just made me giggle?*ahem*?moving on?

When Anakin raised his eyes again, the Sith had raised both arms in the air, the heavy dark sleeves falling away to reveal white skin beneath. His hands circumscribed an arc over his head and down his sides. The line he marked thus shimmered and coalesced into an opening in the Force itself. The arc became an archway. Beyond that doorway ? ethereal, and yet utterly real ? the visible Force moved in a vast spiral, a well of limitless knowledge and everlasting power, that called to every molecule of Anakin?s being.

He drew closer, without knowing that he did so. Beyond the gate an almighty vortex spun, flinging tendrils out toward Anakin that licked him like living flames. Each touch was like a spark of power surging through his body. For fractions of seconds Anakin felt as if he held the universe inside - as though it was his to command.

He sensed the sidereal motion of a billion planets, as if he could move them at will.

The untold energy of a million stars felt within his gra
  19. bobilll Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow, this story has gotten significatly more interesting since the last time I was here! Man, didn't think that Var would play such a critical role in all of this! I love this Anakin/Vader transition, a bond formed only out of the desire to destroy the other. It's a great way to lose sense of Anakin. Mmm... I definently hope there will be a continuation though! Too much is left hanging!!! :)
  20. DarthBreezy Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Errrr, more interesting? :eek: o_O

This story has been one of the most well crafted works on the boards, focusing on the human element of Anakin's fall and the events surrounding it - something that many of us writers/readers have found interesting all along.

However, we have reached the 'one point' in the saga - the "Death Star trench run" of the Spiritual sense, and now all we can do is hang on and see if he makes it...

21. dietcokeani Jedi Youngling

star 1

I liked the way you did the stop-action interpretation. I agree with you totally.

I liken what happened to Palpy at his Grand Moment to what hunters around here call 'Buck Fever'. You're all set up for the've waited, tracked, practiced, you've got a clear shot from your deer stand....the buck walks almost into the clearing and into your sights....and BAM! You blow the shot out of jerk to the right just a bit and shoot too soon because you just can't wait that extra minute to let it all come together. You lose your judgement at the last second in your haste. All the weeks or years of looking forward to that moment are blown in the last, smallest piece of time because it was soooooooooooo close you think you can reach out and grab it. When in actuality, you have to let the buck come out into open for the clear, sure shot.

Palpy got Buck Fever...he blew it first with the "Kneel before Me!" command that was the wrong one to make to Anakin at that time, and then he started begging and compromising; none of which will work when you're trying to dominate the galaxy.

There is a good lesson in that bad move.

[face_coffee] [face_love] :* [:D]
    Merry Christmas!!
  22. Darth_Abtranor Jedi Youngling

star 1
    :eek: It was despair that drove the air from Anakin?s lungs and the warmth from his heart and finally, cruelly, drove him to his knees, because there was nowhere else to go in the choking darkness. It no longer mattered. He would be gone soon, anyway. He could feel himself disappearing.
    Holy Crap. . .
    I love this story!:D
  23. ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Alright, I need to go read the entire thing again. From the hour of souls to here.

I don't feel like I can truly properly appreciate the mind-blowingness that just happened without a reread.

Tell me if you ever publish something Geo. I would buy it hardcover and read it.

I'm going off to be shell-shocked now...
  24. geo3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Happy 2007, everyone! I hope your holidays were amazing. Mine were, but that also meant that they were all-consuming. Today is my first day back at my desk, where I'm trying to remember were I was before the festive season took over ?

Oh. Oh, yes. Something about a cliffhanger? [face_devil]

?Roller coaster? ? ?speechless? ? ?shellshocked? ? blown away? ? ?brain melt? ?

I?m utterly flattered that you enjoyed Anakin and Palpatine?s climactic meeting ? you can?t imagine how much ? but a little worried, too! (Note to self: Never slay your audience, or you?ll end up talking to yourself in any empty room ? :p)

I plan to reply to each and every one of you in the detail that you have replied to me. That will take me another day or two, so I?ll have replies to your wonderful comments up this week.

I?m also dusting off the already-written portions of the next chapter, and my many scribbled notes for the rest. Realistically, though, I probably won?t have another story post ready for another week or two.

Ring of Fire is rapidly winding to its close, and to make sure I finish up all the storylines and themes properly I have spent some time reviewing what has gone before, both in this story and in its predecessors. In the process, I find that my thoughts keep returning to the beginnings of the Saga, and to Tatooine.

Knowing that it will be a little while before I post again, I thought I?d provide an interim entertainment by re-posting a story that I consider to be the very beginning of the ?Anakin?s Saga? series ? even before ?Hour of Souls.? Please note that by posting it here at this time I don?t mean to imply that this little story provides hard and fast clues to the ultimate outcome of Anakin?s tale. Rather, I?m providing it as a mood piece - something that I return to from time to time as a reminder of the importance to Anakin of a fundamental human connection ? love. This is something that a true Sith cannot and will never be able to grasp. It is also, I believe, a serious hindrance to the creation of a true? Sith.

I sense the conflict within you?.

The story is called ?Prodigal Son.? Those of you who have read it before can easily skip it. I?m not going to make a big deal and send out PM?s about it. It?s just here because I feel the circle beginning to close...

I?ll be back soon with proper replies.

~ ~ ~

For Shmi Skywalker, the best time of every day was the early evening.

This was her ?breathing out? time, the time when the long, slow inhalation of the day ? head up, shoulders tense, eyes wary ? finally could be released. Back in the shelter of her home, she could let go of the outward gesture of the expanding breath, at last allowing her body and spirit to sink softly into her secret, patient center. There, in her heart, she opened a space. She cradled this space inside of herself while she washed and changed her clothing and became the person she really was. She held this heart space open while she carefully prepared the evening?s meal. She breathed out until the world outside contracted and disappeared. She created a refuge. And she waited.

The best part of the best part of every day was the time when the peace she?d made was shattered by the explosion of energy that came in through her door every evening and made its way straight for her. Knees and feet scrabbled in her lap so that he could reach her neck. Small, grubby arms circled it; they clutched her briefly. Too briefly, sometimes. Now that Anakin was older it was rare that she got more than a cursory kiss.

He flowed into the space she had made for him. Filled it. She could feel him settle down a little and begin to exhale.

?Hi, Mom!?

Every day in the best part of the best part of the day, she received the same greeting. And every day she answered him in the same way, so that each day had its rhythm and its order.

?I?m so happy to see you, Ani. Come tell me about your day.?

The cycle was complete. He had gone ou
  25. organista Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I love this piece. But still, the most magnetic one is "Brother, mine" for me. I'm wondering if that one will become as inseparable part of Anakin's saga as THOS and SIMP...? o_O

well, that'd be most interesting... :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade