main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Ring Wars: Reloaded' released on YouTube.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Apprentice_Anakin, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    If you have an incredibly memory, and frequently visited the Fan Film Forum between 2 and 3 years ago, you may remember a fan film titled 'Ring Wars: Reloaded' that was created over the course of a year. The fan film was a cross between Star Wars, The Matrix, and Lord of the Rings, was approximately 45 minutes in length, and had over 10 fight sequences (as well as a really bad story :p).
    Well, up until recently, the film was only available on DVD, and a really spotty bit torrent that barely worked half the time (and is now completely dead).
    I released the film on YouTube for you all to enjoy. Looking back, I had a lot of great memories working on the film, as it pretty much took over my life my entire 12th grade of highschool. I've learned so much since then. RWR lacks white balancing, contains nothing but an on-camera mic, has a crappy story, and effects I would just love to redo. But I love it. It's what got me on the path to my current career (I'm now a media producer and videographer in Niagara Falls, Canada). And of course, I'm sure one day we'll make Ring Wars: Revolutions. Shot in HD. Hopefully with a budget of more than $10,000. And maybe sooner than you think ;).
    So enjoy!

First Half: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmF7NwOrcw
    Second Half: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFuDohiSmo
    Wookieepedia article

(A_A)

P.S. If you don't care about the whole story, including some amazing *cough* acting, but instead just want to see the fight sequences, just watch the Second Half.

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I remember watching this years ago, and was actually looking for it not too long ago. Good to see it back up somewhere again.

3. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    For the record I despise watching anything on YouTube longer than 5 minutes. I'll stick with the RWR version I downloaded.

4. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    Yeah I know what you mean. Having in on YouTube just makes it more convenient, rather that having everyone have to download the entire movie from a torrent. I'm glad you have a copy though. :)

(A_A)

5. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    I am going to shamelessly bump this thread.
    Because I am cool like that.

(A_A)

6. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I dont get why people dont wanna watch stuff on youtube.

IU rmeber this movie, i have afile for it somewhere, DivX I think. Not sure where I found it cos I want torreting back then.

Cool movie ;)

7. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    Yeah, the DivX quality version wasn't very good. Unfortunately the audio is kind of blown out for pretty much the whole movie. *sigh*
    If only I knew then what I know today. Haha. Isn't it always that way?

(A_A)

8. SkywalkerG

SkywalkerG Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    well youtube will bring in awhole lot of new viewers. like me.

thus far is amusing. most of the comedy has been flat, til the what brought you back part! thats a great one.

9. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, at least up to that part. What did you think about the rest?

(A_A)

10. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    Random bump, considering it's been over two months.

(A_A)

11. HSJFILM

HSJFILM Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2005
    The ending was so sad :'(

12. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    hahaha I'm glad you liked it. :D

(A_A)

13. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    You should make a sequel :).

14. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    We're going to, actually. Ring Wars: Revolutions.
    Reloaded is actually a few years old, and since then I've gone on to work for a video company and actually learn how to shoot video properly (we had no idea what we were doing when we made it).
    RWR2 is going to be shot at 1920x1080 24p, and we're really excited about a lot of the opportunities that have opened up in the past three years. We're looking to start production of it early 2008, and try to actually make it really really good. That's why I'm promoting Reloaded now, to help Revolutions' popularity down the road.

(A_A)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.