main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ring Wars: Reloaded

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Apprentice_Anakin, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bringer_of_Spiff

Bringer_of_Spiff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2003
    If I could help, I would, but seeing as I'll be doing some serious filming when I'm not doing homeowrk, I can't help much, but good luck anyways.

2. AT4EVER

AT4EVER Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2003
    I would help if I could, but I can't.

Our laptop is getting fixed, I don't have any good editing software, and I don't know WinMorph that well.

I shure hope everthing goes well. You'll have put alot of work into this, and it should be finished.

EDIT:

Did any of you see "Bad Ideas 101?" (Not for the light in stomach.)

That looks like it hurt more then he said it did.
    What people do for fan films...

3. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    hahahhahahaha
    'What people do for fan films' is right! Check out Bad Ideas 101 here.

4. AT4EVER

Feb 16, 2003
    Whenever I watch that video, my head hurts. [face_sick]

I noticed that you posted a rough cut of a force jump. I think it looks very good, way better then anything I could do in less then 3 months ;) .

I guess it would look a bit better IMHO if Anakin didn't leave the camera's view before he lands. Still it looks great.

This movie is going to be, no, it is awesome!!!!

5. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Is it finished yet? Wasn't it supposed to be done by last Friday?

6. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
  7. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    That's awsome, I'm looking forward to it. If you need a host, I have 10 GB of bandwith on my site that I haven't used this month, so I can host it as a mirror there.

8. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    actually, I own a server :D
    thanks for the offer though.
    We just got back from filming out last scene. Now we just gotta rotosccope all the stuff we haven't yet, and do sound and music. I'm pretty much not sleeping untill Friday.

9. AT4EVER

Feb 16, 2003
    I hope everything goes well. (I know you won't be reading this until after tomarrow ;) , but I had to post it anyway.)

10. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    Oh, I'm up.
    It's 12:34 (AM) in the morning, and we still have lots of work to do for our 1 o'clock (PM) premiere at E. L. Crossley! Back to work!
    12 hours to go!

11. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Good luck guys, can't wait to see this film. Hang in there

12. MatrixSWX2

MatrixSWX2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    Todays the day. Can't wait to watch it and give you my review, which I know will be good.

13. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    :D thank you
    just finishing it up now...

14. Jedi_Spiff

Jedi_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I've been following this for a while - don't have much to say except I'm really looking forward to it! I recommend you start a new thread when you release the film - at 8 pages, people will have a hard time finding the DL.

-Spiff

15. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
  16. Master_Arj

Master_Arj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    Just a few questions:

1) Did you finish it?
    2) How was the premiere?
    3) If it's finished, then why haven't we gotten to see it yet?!

Just a concerned fan.

Oh, on another note: The other day I showed that clip of Anakin vs. Ringwraith to a few friends of mine. They loved it. Now you have two more people who want to see this movie! Release it! :D

Just a random comment there. I think I'll go sit in a corner in a fetal position and bite my fingernails while I wait for the release.

Arj...The Master

17. MatrixSWX2

MatrixSWX2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    He got it done, because someone on his site said they liked the movie, but I have no frickin clue why it isn't on here.

18. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hes working on compressing it.

19. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    ok, here's the deal. It's story time.
    The movie was due yesterday (Friday, 1 o'clock PM).
    Tuesday night we filmed the last scene.
    Wednesday at 9:15 Brian Lewis (Ring Wraith) woke up, ckipped school, and started rotoscoping. We worked all day long, and pulled an all-nighter, rotoscoping. At 8 AM the next morning (he'd been up for 23 hours) he went over to Bob's house, where myself, Bob and Brain (still going strong) worked on the movie all day. That night at 5 o'clock, Bob went to work. So it was me and Brian (who's now been going for 33 hours). I was editing the final cut and adding basic sound effects, and Brian was STILL rotoscoping. At 7:30 PM (remember, it's still Wednesday night) Mark came over, and he brought his computer and started working on sound effects. From 8 till 10 I went to dance, then came back where Mark had been doing sound and Brain was STILL going strong (he's now been up for 35 hours) and we still worked on it. At 11 Bob came home from work, and we worked all night. Brian went to sleep at 2 AM (after 39 hours) and Bob, myself, and Mark worked ALL NIGHT LONG. This is where I started eating pure Hot Chocolate crystals. Yahoo. At 6 we woke Brian up, and all 4 of us worked until 10 AM (the movie is now due in 3 hours). It wasn't until 11:30 that we realized, with the time it's going to take to EXPORT this 35 minute movie, we weren't gonna be done in time. So Bob an Mark went to school at 12, to tell people we might be late, or not show up at all. So in my desperation, I threw music randomly into the movie, and hit Export. The export took 50 minutes, and we grabbed Brian's computer and went to school.
    We got there at 1 o'clock.
    So the movie is done! (kind of)
    It's missing lightsaber graphics in only 2 shots (2 shots, NOT 2 scenes lol). It's missing lightsaber graphics in 2 scenes, and the music (which was thrown on randomly) is too loud, and accidentally drowndes out an entire scene of dialog.
    So here's the deal.
    I'm going to get the movie, compress it, and put it on my website http://rwr.coreyvidal.com. I will NOT be putting it on TF.N. I haven't even contacted them yet about hosting it.
    The movie will be semi-low quality, and will be the version that is kinda not done. IT'S WATCHABLE! AND IT'S VERY GOOD! (I've seen entire fan-films worse then this 'bad' version).
    Now, on top of all this, what we'd like to do is have a DVD, which will be purchaseable, by next week. Now, because of laws, we cannot leagally charge you for it BECAUSE it's not totally original (duh), so what we're going to do is have either a charge for the DVD ($5), OR send me a DVD. And we will be ASKING (asking, I repeat: asking) for a $10 donation. For many reasons. Hospital bills due to injury, and the 10 months of work and the $2000 WE put into this. Remember, donation only. So $15 for a DVD.
    And now I'm really tired, so I'm hitting the Post button now.

20. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Your parents need to give you a new car or something, I just mowed a lawn and I though that I was tired. I can't wait until it's put up, and remember, if you need a download mirror or if you run out of bandwith, I'm open to host it.

21. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
    :D I have my own server, but thanks for the offer.
    By the way, everyone who saw the movie loved it. Hopefully it stands the test of you wonderful people :). lol

22. Apprentice_Anakin

Sep 17, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.