main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena RIP CITY UPRISE: The Portland TrailBlazers Fan Club

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Jedi Gunny, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    If he keeps it up during the season, he'll be a force.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    So what does everyone think about how the starting lineups should go? There's been a lot of talk about the RAMBO configuration (Roy, Aldridge, Miller, Batum, Oden). However, it was apparent during the preseason that Roy's and Miller's games don't work as well together as the Blazers would hope. So I think they should go with the BOBAR lineup (Batum, Oden, Blake, Aldridge, Roy). Saving Miller for the second unit makes more sense because he works much better with Rudy as his shooting guard than he does with Roy.

3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Getting Aldrige to sign long term is nice. I would think they would start with A. Miller first. He could be a nice second unit scorer. I'm sure it will take a few real games to get a better idea. That is if the refs don't call 50 fouls a game.

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sounds like the regular refs just got the contract they were looking for, so they should be working the season opener.

5. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, the new version of RAMBO (Roy, Aldridge, Miller, Blake, Oden) seems to be working very well so far as a starting unit. I don't know if this will wind up being a permanent starting 5, but it is an experiment worth trying out. The victories against the Spurs and the Wolves were quite impressive.

6. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    I went to the Hawks game last Tuesday. They didn't start Miller in that game. I am glad they figured out to start Miller. About time.

7. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    The Blazers have traded Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake to the Clippers for Marcus Camby. This is a really great move for the Blazers, because it fills the gap at center, and also removes the roadblock we have at point guard and small forward. Kevin Pritchard truly is a god among NBA GMs.

8. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    It's hard to argue about Pritchard, but considering there are so many dumb GMs (like over half the league) it's not that hard to look good. Especially when trading with Mike Dumbleavy. :p

9. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Mike Dunleavy was a smart man 10 years ago for inventing "Hack a Shaq." What happened in those intervening 10 years?

10. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Yep, good trade for PDX. Camby needs to stay healthy and keep getting those 14+ rebound games.

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sub-par stat line for Camby's first game in a Blazer's uniform: 2 points (on a quick bucket), 7 boards, 5 turnovers, 3 blocks

The points, rebounds and blocks were still pretty good, considering that Camby never has been much of an offensive player, but the turnovers really hurt the team (although they still lost by 20 to Boston). Still a long ways to go before he gets comfortable with the system.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

It's the curse following the Blazers blowing a 15 point lead to the Lakers, in L.A., in game 7 of the 2000 WCF.:p

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:

13. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Wow, that game sucked last night.

14. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    The portland/Utah game was awesome, I don't know which game you were watching.

15. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Double post

16. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    You're looking at it from a neutral standpoint, Juli. I don't think you'd be thrilled if the Mavs blew a lead at home like the Blazers did in the second half.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Nice win for the Blazers over the Lakers in L.A. on Martell Webster's 3 free throws wth 3.1 seconds left in the game. Almost lost it there, but were saved by some bad free throw shots from Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant.

18. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    The last minute of this game was very painful to watch, however. Almost as painful as that win over the Wizards a few weeks ago.

But hey, at least we won both of them.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    A lot of close games are tough to watch when your favorite team is involved :p

20. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    But there were a lot of "OMG WTF!" moments in the last minute of that game. Andre and Martell making bonehead fouls, Kobe and Fisher missing a bunch of free throws, not grabbing the rebound when Kobe missed his second, etc. Then the L*kers had to make their own bonehead move by fouling Martell at the end.

Not that I'm complaining, but the last minute of the game seemed more like an amateur pickup game than a bunch of professionals.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yikes. Not what you expect out of NBA players.

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It was certainly intense to watch. I was shaking my head when Fisher went to the line, and then felt relieved when he missed that shot. It really was a riveting ending, but it also felt a bit strange and unnatural. However, a Blazers W is a W.

23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Man oh man, what did Marcus Camby eat last night? He was definitely our savior last night, as he has been every game since we traded for him.

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, he has been really good in his stint with the team.

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Game 1 win over #3 Phoenix last night. Blazers almost gave up the game in the final minute, but were able to hold on. Andre Miller had 31 points, and Camby had his usual rebounding/blocks game. His missed dunk that would have put it away earlier ended up not being as much of a factor, but I couldn't believe it when he missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.