main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RIP Danny La Rue

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by halibut, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8077329.stm

@};-

2. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    It's funny that I moan about manufactured bands and reality talent programmes but this guy made a career out of dressing up as a woman.

3. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    From a very young age I?ve always had trouble with effeminate men, especially those who dress up as women...

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Difference is he was talented and he was the paved the way for others.
    Most products of reality TV are all the same and often not particularly talented.

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    He was damned good at what he did, and was a bloody good entertainer. For that, at least, he should be recognised.

6. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    [face_laugh] You crease me up, as a "woman" he was laughable, he belonged to the time of saturday afternoon wrestling and Catweazle. Thank goodness we have moved on in terms of entertainment.

7. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Who told you that, your granny? And paved the way for..... Paul O'Grady?

Paul Potts, Will Young, Leona Lewis, Lemar... need I go on?

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Most of them don't last even if they are talented. I haven't heard anything new from Lemar or heard any of his musci played for a long time, Will Young & Leona Lewis are both good. Paul Potts isn't bad but he's over-rated for his talent, just as Susan Boyle is.
    What happened to that Michelle girl who won Pop Idol years back, or the other guy who's name I forget who won X Factor a couple of years ago (Shane I think he was called)?

They disappear into obscurity and either never get contracts renewed or people get bored of them. The talented ones have longevity, those that are average disappear. Not that many have survived here or abroad after talent shows.

Very few of them ever last, which seems a pointless waste of time when the industry could be focusing on developing the independant talent the public don't see.
    I can't picture Diversity doing much beyond the Royal Variety Performance, or Susan Boyle getting cast in a significant West End role, if any at all.

9. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    I will agree about Diversity and Susan Boyle - they have limited shelf life due to the nature of the programme, it's more about the sympathy and politically correct vote really. Back to Danny La Rue though, I have had the misfortune to witness his act more times than yourself (due to my age) and he never made me laugh, I never thought he could sing and as for looking like a "lady", there's hundreds, if not thousands in Bangkok who do a better job than he did...

10. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I saw Paul Potts in concert last year, and just got tickets to see him again in November. Can't wait!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.