main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph RIP Kurt Vonnegut

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NYCitygurl, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The author of Welcome to the Monkey House, Cat's cardle, Slaughterhouse Five, and many more, died last night afetr hitting his head last week.

The really ironic thing is that this is "the year of Vonnegut" in his home city, Indianapolis. He was supposed to give talks and such (I was actually going to go see him in a couple weeks).

It was the talk of my school today; everyone was discussing his books and his life and the complete irony of it all. He was really one of the greats.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I haven't read anything by him. He's been on my list for a while.

3. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    He's one of my literary favorites. I loved Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse-Five in particular. He was one of the best at showing the inner madness inside humanity, I think.

I think a lot of us are going to miss the guy. :(

4. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    a pity indianapolis took so long with giving him this year.

5. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Kurt Vonnegut was one of the greatest. His style is unique. His plots are bizarre and never linear.

I only discovered him last year, but have since read Cat's Cradle, Timequake, Breakfast of Champions, Slaughterhouse-Five, Galapagos, Bluebeard and Harrison Bergeron (short story).

I'm currently reading Hocus Pocus and will begin Slaptstick next. I can't get enough of his work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.