main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RIP Michael Sheard :(

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    TFN news announced today the passing of Michael Sheard, who played Admiral Ozzel in ESB. While his Star Wars role may have been brief he definitely struck me as a man living his life to the fullest. Several of us met him last year for the first time at Empire Fan Fest and had a great time talking to him. Chris (Wilkins) and I liked him so much that we bought all his books. He was his smily, cheery self at C3 as well. His death comes as quite a shock to me. He was just so full of life the two times I've had the pleasure of seeing him. The article said he died of cancer.

Star Wars fans have lost one of the great ones today, but most of them probably don't realize that. I can't adquately put into words how amazing he was with the fans. He was just a truly delightful human being.

Me with Ken Colley and Michael Sheard:
    [image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/tyraliarose/MeSheardandColley.jpg]

Chris with Michael Sheard:
    [image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/tyraliarose/ChrisandSheard.jpg]

EDIT: The original BBC article includes great coverage of his accomplishments.

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Judging from that, I'm sorry I never got a chance to meet him. :(

3. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    RIP Admiral..........

Michael, you will be missed.

It was an honor to meet and get a glimpse into your life.

Rest well, you deserve it.

4. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I can't express how I feel. I have worked with Michael a few times and he was an absolute joy to be around. Having him at EFF was truly a wonderful experience. He always took a moment to ask me how I was doing, as I ran around crazy on some errand or another. He gave us advice and a smile, and never asked anything in return. He will be sorely missed.

/salute Admiral

Rest well.

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
  6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Met him at C3... Seemed like a great guy :(

7. CaptainWedge

CaptainWedge Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2005
    oh never met him but still great actor and i imagine a great person