main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC RIP Stan Berenstain

Discussion in 'Community' started by EricIsBacchus, Nov 29, 2005.

1. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge

BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004

That is by far the best post I have read today. Its perfect. Even though I did like those books......when I was three.

Seriously, I thought this guy was dead years ago, so it really doesn't change anything for me.

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    That sucks, I loved those books. :( @};-

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    We still have a couple that I kept from my childhood that I read to my kids every couple of weeks. Bear Scouts, the one at the beach, and the absoulte classic "Bears in the Night".

Up

Spook

Hill

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Is Jan still kicking?

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Grow up.

I used to love those books. Read em til there were no more to read. Good times, good memories. Hope he rests in peace... I feel sorry for Jan.

5. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    I hated those books as a kid.

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I just brought my kids to a play about the Berenstain bears, the play sucked but it had some good messages in it.

RIP @};-

7. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    Nobody gives a F

This is thread is to mourn his passing.

8. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Tinfoil on his mother's nipples???!!! that's freaking hillarious, where do you come up with this stuff? I think there might be a hint of jealousy in this thread from the envious people that don't have as much talent and money as a dead childrens' book author. I loved the Berenstein Bears!

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Nope.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-jan-berenstain-20120228,0,1096922.story

Also I didn't like when the bumbling fool Papa Bear from the books changed into a boring, sincere goody-good knob in the cartoon series.

10. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Damn. I didn't know either of them were dead. I didn't even know the series was 50 years old. What I did and do know is that I absolutely adored the Berenstein Bears books as a kid in elementary school. I used to have 40 or 50 of them, and I only ended up getting rid of them when I gave them to my cousin's family so her kids could enjoy them too. That was about a decade ago.

I also remember the book where the clubhouse. And the one where the kids were becoming too busy with their schedules. And the one where they always threw tantrums to get things in the store. I remember when Queenie was introduced in that book about the in-crowd. And the time at the dentist, and so many others.

Man, I haven't even thought about them in years. That brings back a lot of good memories. I am truly sorry that the people behind something that made such an impact on me a kid are gone.@};-

11. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Self righteous bears with serious conservative undertones [face_not_talking]

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I remember enjoying the books as a kid. Later, I just found them rather embarrassing >_>

13. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I just can't bear the thought!

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I feel slightly ashamed to admit it, but this exchange is hilarious to me. Cue JCCINAGAIUTB music.

15. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    He got me into bears :(

16. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
  17. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    oh you.