JCC RIP Stan Berenstain

Discussion in 'Community' started by EricIsBacchus, Nov 29, 2005.

1. BigOlaf-aka-TheSarge Jedi Master

star 4

That is by far the best post I have read today. Its perfect. Even though I did like those books......when I was three.

Seriously, I thought this guy was dead years ago, so it really doesn't change anything for me.
  2. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    That sucks, I loved those books. :( @};-
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    We still have a couple that I kept from my childhood that I read to my kids every couple of weeks. Bear Scouts, the one at the beach, and the absoulte classic "Bears in the Night".

Up

Spook

Hill

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Is Jan still kicking?

4. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    Grow up.

I used to love those books. Read em til there were no more to read. Good times, good memories. Hope he rests in peace... I feel sorry for Jan.
  5. LeeKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I hated those books as a kid.
  6. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    I just brought my kids to a play about the Berenstain bears, the play sucked but it had some good messages in it.

RIP @};-
  7. EricIsBacchus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nobody gives a F

This is thread is to mourn his passing.
  8. JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Master

star 4
    Tinfoil on his mother's nipples???!!! that's freaking hillarious, where do you come up with this stuff? I think there might be a hint of jealousy in this thread from the envious people that don't have as much talent and money as a dead childrens' book author. I loved the Berenstein Bears!
  9. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Nope.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-jan-berenstain-20120228,0,1096922.story

Also I didn't like when the bumbling fool Papa Bear from the books changed into a boring, sincere goody-good knob in the cartoon series.
  10. MrZAP Force Ghost

star 5
    Damn. I didn't know either of them were dead. I didn't even know the series was 50 years old. What I did and do know is that I absolutely adored the Berenstein Bears books as a kid in elementary school. I used to have 40 or 50 of them, and I only ended up getting rid of them when I gave them to my cousin's family so her kids could enjoy them too. That was about a decade ago.

I also remember the book where the clubhouse. And the one where the kids were becoming too busy with their schedules. And the one where they always threw tantrums to get things in the store. I remember when Queenie was introduced in that book about the in-crowd. And the time at the dentist, and so many others.

Man, I haven't even thought about them in years. That brings back a lot of good memories. I am truly sorry that the people behind something that made such an impact on me a kid are gone.@};-
  11. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    Self righteous bears with serious conservative undertones [face_not_talking]
  12. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    I remember enjoying the books as a kid. Later, I just found them rather embarrassing >_>
  13. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

I just can't bear the thought!
  14. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    I feel slightly ashamed to admit it, but this exchange is hilarious to me. Cue JCCINAGAIUTB music.
  15. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    He got me into bears :(
  16. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  17. hudzu Force Ghost

star 6
    oh you.