main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RIP - StarCon Fall

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    They just announced that Starland is going to only one convention per year. The Fall con is cancelled starting this year. The Spring Con next month is the last until next year.

I'm really bummed, volunteering there is a lot of fun and i'm going to miss doing it in the fall. I had heard about the possibility of this happening as early as the last con, but I just didn't believe it.

Who wants to start planning a group trip to DragonCon, I've never been. I guess we can start talking about that after AOTC comes out, we're a little busy until then. :)

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Tenennial Djo goes every year. I'm swamped w/ travel @ work this summer, plus SWCII is going to drain the bank account. Faceplant went last year, too.

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    when is dragoncon? I was telling dave last time that I would love to go if he was planning on going. Hey, we could all go as a group :)

4. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
  5. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    if you're planning on going to dragon con, you may want to buy tickets in advance...they're much cheaper and the line is a lot shorter.

here are pics of my group's adventures last year. :)

http://internetjedi.com/dcon2k1/start.htm

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    they have group rates for groups of 10+...think we could find 10 ppl to all buy tickets at once and get em for cheaper?

7. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    Here are my pics of DragonCon.

DragonCon falls on the same weekend as StarCon. That might have something to do with poor attendance in Denver.

If I remember correctly, tickets are 75 bucks the day of the Con. They come down as far as 35, but the deadline for that was in Novemember. The price increases 10-15 bucks every 3-4 months. Group rates (10 or more) knock off another 5 bucks for each admission.

8. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Actually my understanding is that attendence was not a problem, it's rising cost and availability of guests because of the competition from the "chain" conventions, Creation, Vulkon, and Slanted Fedora. Also mainly the cost of the venue, the change to 1 con is being combined with a move next year to a DTC hotel.

9. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    teneniel_djo,

Dumb question, but what group is that? I looked at the site and I couldn't figure out what the nature of the group was. It did look like a fun bunch!

10. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    Ah, my bad.

That club is the Star Wars Hecklers (if it wasn't obvious). I know first hand because I am heckled on there.

11. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    well we're not an official group. we all actually met about 5 years ago in a chat room on the webchat broadcasting system for star wars. over the years, dragoncon sort of became our yearly gathering and we picked up these four guys there that just sat in the back of every panel making fun of everything. :) they're actually an awesome group of people.

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Dave: what are your plans for DragonCon this year? I wouldn't mind trying to go, but I don't have the first clue about setting up reservations or any of that stuff.

If you want, shoot me an email: cory.peter@peterson.af.mil

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.