main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Ripped Seam' [ post-NJO, one-shot, J/TK, some J/Z, Tahiri, Lowie, etc. - friendly fun & mush :D ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I guess this could be considered a songfic, the italics are song lyrics (except for one certain line, you'll know it when you see it) --- this just came to me a long time ago and I never had the chance to write it out... I finally have and here it is. It was a bit rushed, so any stupidity and/or typos = me being stupid. -_-

Yay! XD

Anyways, here you go. This is just kind of like a "nothing really happens but hey look everyone is happy" kind of story.

The song is called "Now Is Forever" by Eiffel 65 (omg yes the ones who sing the BLUE song. MUAHA) ---

RIPPED SEAM

A stray cough erupted from the thin lips of one Jacen Solo. A man who saw death, destruction; countless millions slaughtered during the war with the technophobic Yuuzhan Vong. The past years were spent mostly in the heat of battle - this was the first chance in what seemed like forever that he had to just sprawl out and lay around.

His room at the Jedi Academy was sparse at the moment. He had arrived for a meeting with the other knights and the Jedi Masters. It was a very official meeting, a very important one. They were to discuss the future of the Jedi Order. Everyone was coming to Ossus for it. The meeting was the next day and Jacen knew that just about everyone had already arrived.

He had showed up a few days early and spent his time meandering around the large corridors and long hallways, exploring the Academy as thoroughly as he could. The day everyone began to arrive, Jacen had greeted his sister, he had seen and spoke to Lowbacca and Zekk for a few minutes and he had also given Tahiri a hug and a ruffle of the hair in a brotherly manner. On the way back to his room, he had seen Tenel Ka entering hers.

An awkward moment of eye contact and a nod from both as she shuffled her luggage into her assigned quarters for the stay.

After her door had shut, Jacen had just stared at it, his eyes narrowed. She had no guards with her, she had been wearing her scaled armor. Jacen had no idea how she managed to get away from Hapes and her royal duty like that, but he silently commended her. She had to pull something very clever to manage that. His mind raced back to the odd silence that drifted between them for those few moments...

How could they have lost so much?

Solo was now in his quarters, his window open. He was lying on his bed, on his back, his head hanging over the edge towards the early evening air that blew in and danced across his cheeks. He was staring at the window upside-down, arms spread out to his sides, lining the edges of the bed. The canyon walls that filled the view from his chambers seemed to calm him. He wanted to get up and do something, but this satisfied him enough - content with just gazing to the setting suns and the light they created when they hit the canyon walls.

we should think about,
    what we got right now,
    cause the good things are made up of time.

"Comm 'em up, Low, come on," Zekk slapped his wookiee companion on the back, his green eyes glittering with subdued excitement. "I have a deck. I have credits, I'm sure you do too."

With an affirmative growl, Lowbacca slapped the comm unit on the table between them and connected to Jaina's quarters.

"Hey Lowie, what's up?" Her voice chimed over the speaker.

He grunted and growled, relaying to Jaina what he and Zekk decided for the evening. The black-haired male was sitting across from him, nodding slowly at every word, strands of hair drifting from behind his ears and falling into his field of vision.

A few chuckles from the female Solo and she agreed, "Alright, I'll comm Tahiri and Tenel Ka and the rest and see what they're up to."

Lowbacca growled happily.

"Hey Jaina," Zekk interjected, "where do you think this should happen? You know the place better than we do."

The comm silenced on the other end as Jaina thought about where they could all meet up. She had gotten to the Academy and instantly set off to explore and question her Uncle about the layout of the place.

"The control room.

2. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    This rocked!!!

Aww....it was soooo sweet. I loved how you had us watch Jacen and Tenel Ka through Jaina and Zekk...that was a really nice touch.

Yay Jacen for finally getting his act together. I think my favorite part was when Jaina collected her 10 year old bet. Awesome.

And <3 your Zekk soooo much. Can I have him? :D

3. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Hehehehehe, so cute/sappy! Love the "Pay up!" line.

Though Jaina and Zekk should know better than spying on something private like that ;)

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Perfection. Sheer perfection.

Jacen and Tenel Ka. Zekk and Jaina. That was how it was meant to be. How anyone couldn't see it escapes me.

Go Jacen! Get your girl back!

5. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Fantastic!

An adorable story, -TK-! Mush, mush, mush, more mush and happy times ;).

Ams [face_love]

6. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    [big grin]

Sweetly mushy, w/out fluffy clouds all over. Good job! :)

7. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    So hot right now.

8. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Oh, lovely! Finally, a happy songfic.

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Aww! :D

Never thought I'd be happy to see the character-reset button send the YJK back to their pre-NJO relationships, though... [face_frustrated]

- The Imperial Ewok

10. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, Thrawn. The YJK realtionships and characters are fundamentally superior to the NJO...characters.

And that is a fact!

11. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Aw, that was awesome! I loved it, especially the Zekk and Jaina stuff! You write Zekk so well, TK! It makes me jelous! :) Lowie was awesome, too!

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yayy TK is back in lizard armor!

13. C3P0_R2D2

C3P0_R2D2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2005
    This is good. Very good. That doesn't even begin to describe it.

Jaina collected on a 10 year old bet? Cool. That's always fun. Even more so when the one who has to pay doesn't expect it.

And better yet, no angst!!

14. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Wow! Incredible! Beautiful! Awesome!

You have J/TK and J/Z! And you have great characterization! You even have humor! :D

Awesome fic! MTFBWY.
    -Dathomiran

15. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    We at the YJK index, have noticed that your story fits our criteria for admission. If you would like your story to be part of the index please PM the YJK_Index or Trickster_Jaina_Fel with the following information:

Title: (with separate URL)
    Your screen name, and the sn's of any co-writers, with separate URLs for each profile:
    Summary:
    Keywords (ie: main characters, pairings, genres)
    Author's Notes (if you have any)

Thank you
    ~Rose~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.