main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-Ripples in the Force- (J/Ben/J) - Sequel: HUSH - TWO NEW POSTS 6/21!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SpacedOutAnna, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight_Jedi

Midnight_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    I love this story! I never would have thought of Ben and Jaina, it's so...diffrent... I really loved it and the Sequel too. Keep up the good work! :)

~~MJ~~

2. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    yowch! poor kyppie...but then it's all good...and yes, i noticed the 'love you' at the end of jaina's message ;)

more soon please?

-JSD

3. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm glad that people liked Jaina's message to him. I'm such a K/Jer that even when they're not together in a romantic sense, I put a lot of weight on their friendship.

More soon!
    Anna

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    More soon?! :) Hopefully I'll have some time to read it. Only another week until I'm pretty much sprung for the summer. But that week will be horrible. :(

And I squeaked my vote in for this story at the last minute, but it got to Am all right! :)

Jae Angel

5. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    But you'll be out a whole lot sooner than me! New post tomorrow!

Anna

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Cute post. I guess this is while Jaina's pregnant.

7. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    This is just to let you all know that this fic, along with my other on the board is temporarily on hold. I am currently acting in and directing a play and I really have no time to write. If I do get a chance I'll really try to post something, but don't expect anything until June otherwise.

Thanks!
    Anna

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  9. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    As of last night, my show closed and now I have a great deal of time on my hands I hadn't had before. Expect a new post tonite or tomorrow!!!

Anna

10. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  11. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm so sorry it's been so long... I'm now officially free of school (Until I start Uni in the fall that is) so you can expect a very productive summer.

Heh heh. I had a lot of fun writing this post. I hope you enjoy it.

They arrived at Mon Calamari a few days later and an uneasy tranquillity had settled over the ship?s two occupants. Saren tried to ignore how much the time she was spending with the Jedi Master was affecting her - how much it meant to her.

She glanced over at him as he piloted the ship down towards the docking island, his face calm as he did what he loved. His hands easily manipulated the ship into a bump-free landing. Kyp glanced at Saren out of the corner of his eye and noticed her looking at him. She quickly looked away, pretending to study the read-outs in front of her. The edge of his lips curled into a smile.

He couldn?t help but to let his own gaze travel across her profile. She was beautiful. She was intelligent. She was as big a pain as a Wookie with fleas. After only days - Kyp was suddenly struck by the thought that he couldn?t imagine days without her. It shook him and he returned his concentration to shutting down the ship.

As the sound of the engine died down, silence fell over the cockpit.

?Well,? Kyp started, but stopped.

Saren licked her lips. ?Well,? she echoed.

Kyp made a decision, standing and holding out his hand to her. ?Shall we??

Her eyes narrowed. ?Shall we what??

Kyp rolled his eyes. ?Get off this Sith-Forsaken ship,? he replied. For all that he adored her -adored her? Where did THAT come from? He barely knew her!- she was infuriating.

?Finally,? she sighed.

After a pause, she took his hand. He raised their clasped hands to his mouth, where he kissed the back of her hand. Their gazes locked, and Kyp leaned towards her slowly. Saren?s eyes fluttered closed, her lips parting to accept his kiss.

It never came.

?Well...? Kyp asked, his mouth only inches from hers, so his breath caressed her lips.

?Well, what?? She replied, her eyes opening to gaze into his emerald eyes.

?Aren?t you going to kiss me?? he asked archly.

Saren stepped back. ?Weren?t you going to kiss me?!?

Kyp?s eyes narrowed. ?You?ve never kissed me.?

Her eyebrows raised. ?What do you mean I?ve never kissed you - I?ve kissed you dozens of times in the last few days!!?

He shook his head. ?No. I have always been the one to kiss you. You?ve never begun it - only accepted it.?

Saren knew he was right. But was going to be damned if she admitted it. ?You?re insane.?

Kyp shrugged, a smile falling across his face. ?Only sometimes - when I?m looking for some fun. Or pretty women to rescue.?

Saren rolled her eyes and pulled away, muttering under her breath as she strode towards the landing ramp, already extended. She could NOT wait to get off this ship and away from that man.

Kyp sighed as she stalked off. ?Saren...? he called after her, jogging towards the ramp.

She kept her head down as she almost ran down the ramp. Almost into a very pregnant woman.

She was shorter than Saren, with chestnut locks pulled into a casual bun atop her head. Her large brandy eyes -strangely sad?- fringed with long lashes looked Saren up and down.

?Who are you?? She asked. But then her eyes looked beyond Saren. ?Kyp!!? Laughing, she threw herself into his arms, right behind Saren.

?Jaya,? he sighed, pulling her tightly against him. He dropped a kiss against her hair. ?I missed you, Goddess.?

?I missed you too, Mortal,? she spoke against his chest.

Saren felt her own chest tighten as she fought for breath. This was the woman whom he had been listening too. Carrying a baby. Saren shook her head, trying not to cry out and set off at a run. Away from Kyp as fast as she could.

Kyp glanced up, his eyes widening with horror. ?Saren! Wait!? he let go of Jaina, calling over his shoulder. ?I?ll talk to you later!!? He broke out at a lope.

Saren made it into the hangar, looking around wildly as she realized she was

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Awwwwwwwww, I loved that Anna! It was well worth the wait! :)

Jae Angel

13. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    I was inspired - what can I say. WARNING - A very sad post....

Kyp awoke with a start as the memories fell away. He could still feel his wife?s lips on his - even though she had been dead for more than 5 years now. He sat up in a bed not unfamiliar to him, rubbing a hand through his hair. He was on his son?s ship - the ship he had given Miko when the boy had turned 18 just a few years ago. When the boy had named it Saren?s Star Kyp had been so proud. Their son had been the centre of Saren?s universe once he had been born, and she had given her own life to protect him.

Before Kyp could fall once again into the memories, there was a light tap on his door and Kyp growled out a ?Come.?

Miko stuck his head in. ?Hey. I thought you were awake.?

Kyp groaned, throwing the blankets off. ?How long have I been asleep??

?Almost a day.? Miko answered gravely, stepping into the small bedroom.

Kyp hung his head. ?That long. Where are we??

?Still on planet. It?s been ... hard leaving for us all.? Miko looked down.

Kyp cursed silently as he tried to turn away from his own pain. ?How?s Ani??

Miko shrugged. ?I got her to sleep only a few minutes ago. She didn?t want to leave the spot. It took both me and Dav to coax her away. I put her into a trance - she shouldn?t awake for another twelve hours or so.?

?Have I ever been good at doing what I should?? came the voice from behind him and Ani Fel stepped into the small room with the two men.

Miko set his jaw. ?What the Sith are you doing up??

Ani snorted, ?Please dear, your trances were never the strongest. It was child?s play for me to break out of it.? She gazed up at him, a challenge in her stance.

Miko reached out to cup her cheek. ?You need to sleep.?

?Have you slept?? she retorted.

Miko shook his head, a tender smile on his lips. ?You?re changing the subject.?

Jaina?s daughter chuckled. ?No. It?s not.? She glanced over at Kyp. ?I?m afraid to sleep.? Miko pulled her against his chest.

Kyp nodded slowly. ?Understandable. But even Jedi need to sleep.?

?Even failed Healers?? she asked hollowly.

Miko sighed, pressing a kiss against her ear. ?You didn?t fail, An....?

She shut her eyes tightly. ?Yes I did! I failed - I failed her...? Ani began to sob, gasping for breath as the tears ran down her face.

Kyp stepped forward and pressed a hand to her temple and she collapsed into Miko?s arms. Her fiancee hefted her easily.

Kyp looked at his son. ?I doubt she?ll be able to fight my trance. Take her to bed.? Miko nodded and began to leave the room but Kyp stopped him. ?Have you slept, Miko??

His son?s guilty look was all the response Kyp needed. ?You sleep to. That?s an order, son.?

Miko nodded dutifully. ??Nite, Dad.?

?Goodnight.?

He left, leaving Kyp alone. The Jedi Master sat down upon the edge of the bed. The image of Miko carrying Ani towards their bedroom not leaving his thoughts. He had carried Saren. Out of the rubble.

Her eyes had been clouded with pain as he had lifted the rocks off of her frame. Miko lay a few feet away, unconcious but fine. She had carried him away from the collapsing building, tossing him to Jaina before the wall had fallen upon her.

?Kyp...? she spoke weakly.

He shook his head. ?Don?t talk - save your strength.? His hands were bloody from the abrasions of the pieces of duracrete had wrought upon his hands. His hands became more bloody as he moved the last piece off of her chest, placing his hand against her abdomen. She inhaled with pain and Kyp lifted away his hand to stare at the massive hole cutting through her. He looked towards her, horror growing within him.

She raised a hand to his cheek. ?I love you....?

He shook his head. ?Don?t say that. You can?t say goodbye. The Healers are coming...?

She closed her eyes. ?They won?t make it.? The knowledge came from her lips in a sigh.

?You can?t say goodbye. You can?t leave me...? Kyp?s voice became desperate. ?I love you, Saren.?

She never opened her eyes. AS her ches

14. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful post Anna. THe second was so sad. :(

~~Jilly

15. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    Up...... Where are my readers?

16. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    One more UP! before the next postie. What happened to all my readers?

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ack! Didn't know you posted again! :(

I'm moving this over to the pool, and then I'll read it and reply. :)

Will there be more soon? (after you wake up, of course ;) )

Jae Angel

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow, Anna! Two great posts! One cute and one extremely sad! Great work!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

19. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Can't wait for the next post, Anna. :)

~~Jilly

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    That last post was so sad! :( Poor everyone! :_| I'm guessing it comes right after the last scene in Ripples, right?

Sorry it took me so long to get back here and reply. :p

Jae Angel

21. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO CRUEL!!!!!!

WE NEED MORE!!!!!

THIS IS INSANELY MEAN!!!!

YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!!

*sobbs*

22. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    A new post this week - I swear. There's been enough drama in my life lately to fuel LOADS of fanfic. *sigh*

Anna

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear that, Anna. :( Take your time if you need to.

Jae Angel

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    wow...i missed a few too many posts...

awesome posts Anna :D so sad, too :(

~TJF

25. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    It's not BAD drama, just annoying, crappy kinda stuff where friendships get messed up.... .but very useful for writing depressing fics! *LOL* More soon!

Anna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.