main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Ripples Within Time

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by enzo90, Dec 5, 2016.

1. enzo90

enzo90 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 28, 2016
    (Originally posted on fanfiction.net. I will be trying to update this as much as possible to catch up with the original story, but all new posts will probably go through fanfiction first before heading here. That being said, enjoy the story.)

---

Ripples Within Time

Characters: Ben Skywalker, Padme Amidala,Anakin Skywalker,Obi-Wan Kenobi, and several others

NOTE: SOME DIALOGUE IS TAKEN FROM AOTC,HOWEVER,THE PLOT WILL BE DIFFERENT ULTIMATELY!

Genre: TIME TRAVEL; FOLLOWING EXPANDED UNIVERSE A.K.A LEGENDS.

Summary: A strange ripple causes 8 year old Ben Skywalker to be sent to the past. Fatigued and malnourished, Ben travels the desolate wasteland of Tatooine- only to be met face to face with his grandfather….
    ---
    Part I
    Chapter I

Ben stumbled forward out of the gaping rift that had swallowed him up not moments earlier and shivered. Collapsing upon the sand, he looked up upon the two suns that pierced the blue sky around him and caused a never ending stroke of heat to graze upon what little life the desolate planet could support.

Only one planet could come to 8 year old Ben Skywalker's mind as he lay there. "Tatooine," he mumbled, barely able to get the words out of his mouth as he gasped for breath. "Just great… how exactly did I end up here again?" He looked around, expecting to see the concerned faces of his relatives, but saw nothing.

Wasn't it only moments ago that he was staring up at his father's face?

"Father?" He called out in vain, but to his dismay, received no reply. "Mom? Jacen? Jaina?" Again, there was no reply.

He moaned, and stood up, shaking the sand off of his dad's robes and reaching for his lightsaber. To his relief, he found it still hooked to his belt, cold and untouched by the scorching rays of the heat and the unforgiving sand. Glancing around, he spotted a settlement of small tents up ahead.

"Tusken raiders," he mumbled, "At least there are some settlements out here… perhaps if I follow the trail I can find the old hut dad talks about." He trudged forward, dragging his feet in the sand as he went and scuffling towards the settlement.
    ———

Anakin carefully cut through the tent with his lightsaber and stumbled through. He was met by a site so horrendous, yet relieving all the same. Staring upon him, beaten, tied up, but alive, was his mother. He cut through the bonds swiftly and lifted her up to face him.

"Mom…Mom….Mom…"Anakin shakes her gently. Shmi's eyes flutter open, they are coated with dried blood sustained over repeated beatings.

"Annie…is it you?" Shmi asks, she gently puts a hand over his cheek.

"I'm here mom, you're safe. Hang on… I'm going to get you out of here…" He reassures, but Shmi just smiles. He can feel her life force slowly slipping away, it wouldn't be long now, and he knew that he had to get her out of there.

"I'm so glad to see you," she struggles, the pain tripling in agony. "Now…I am complete…"

Anakin shakes his head, trying desperately to keep the tears from his cheeks. He doesn't want her to leave him, but she just smiles sadly. "Just stay with me, Mom. I'm going to make you well again. Everything's going to be fine." Anakin reassures, tears running down his cheeks now. Shmi gently wipes them away.

"You look so handsome, my son, my grown up son. I'm so proud of you, Ani, so proud. I missed you so much…. I love-"Then she was gone.

Anakin draws her close and lifts his head in grief, cradling his dead mother in his arms. Then, in all his grief, he sits up and ignites his lightsaber. He was going to slaughter them all. They deserved it.

---

Ben Skywalker sneaked toward the camp, suddenly aware of the cries and screams of agony coming from the camp. He bolts towards the camp, ignoring the screams of the force to stay back as the cries continue to pierce the air. Hiding behind a tent, Ben watches in horror at the scene before him. A man dressed in jedi garments slashes through Tusken after Tusken, his eyes alight with anger and grief. The man draws slowly closer, slicing down Tusken after Tusken, as Ben watches, frozen in all his horror. The men, the women, the children, every one of them, slaughtered like… animals. Ben was about to run when something hit him from behind.

A Tusken raider stood over at him at full height, gun pointed straight at his face, ready to fire. Ben backs away and screams. Before the Tusken can shoot however, the man turns and slices through him. A few other Tuskens attempt in vain to fire upon him, but he blocks the shots easily, sending them flying off towards their intended receivers.

Anakin looks around the camp, not a Tusken was in sight anymore. The remainder had long since fled the camp after his raging slaughter spree. He turned around to face the person he had just saved. A young boy, no older than 8 stares at him, pure terror upon his face. I have no time for this, Anakin thinks. He lowers his blade and sheathes it, staring at the boy intently. The boy was scrawny, reddish gold hair covering his face in locks. He wore black jedi robes that were perhaps twice his size. Definitely unsuitable for this environment, he thought. He kneels down towards the boy, who backs up in fear.

"It's alright… I'm not going to hurt you. It's over now…. I promise. They won't hurt us."

The boy breaks down crying, and Anakin hugs him gently, not wanting to admit that he needed the comfort probably as much as the boy.

"My name is Anakin, what's yours?" He asks the boy as he wipes the tears from the boy's eyes.

The boy sniffles again, "My- my name is-B-Ben." He says weakly, and then he collapsed.

Anakin caught the boy gently and picked the unconscious boy up. He must be dehydrated, he thinks to himself. Slowly, he takes the boy to the speeder and lifts him into it, making sure that he was strapped in before going back to retrieve his mother's corpse. What was a boy of that age doing out in the desert alone, and why? Anakin just shook his head as he starts the speeder. This boy would have some answers to give once they arrived back at the farm, especially upon his choice of robes.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    mammalbirds, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love time travel, and Ben Skywalker remains one of my favorite Star Wars characters, so putting them together is great!

What a way for Ben to first meet his grandfather. :( And he's bound to be upset when he figures that out.

Great start! I look forward to more!

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  3. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Thanks!:) He's my favorite character also! I'll admit it- I spend some of my free time scouring the internet for stories on him. Lol! More coming soon!:)

AzureAngel2, Kahara and mavjade like this.
  4. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Here's the next post! :) I'm doing this while traveling in the car, so bear with me.
    ---
    The speeder ground to a halt in front of the Lar's family homestead. Anakin glanced over at the boy slumped in the passenger seat- he was still asleep.

He unbuckled the straps and carried him towards the homestead where Padme was waiting with a curious glance. "I found him near the Tusken camp… he's severely dehydrated." He explained.

Padme nodded, and offered to carry him in. Anakin reluctantly accepted, knowing that he had his mother to attend to. He picked up her body from the back of the speeder, and then walked slowly towards the homestead. Each step seemed more painful than the last, and he could not fully get over his grief over his mother's death. "I promised I'd free you, mom." He said sadly, gazing at the corpse. "Now I just don't know what to do…"

Padme carried Ben inside and lied him down in the small guest room, shaking her head sadly. Shmi was a kind woman, she accepted us with open arms into her home. I don't know any other heart that could do that. If only I had done something during my time as queen… she thought. She sighed, and sat down on the bed, feeling Ben's forehead. He appeared to have a high fever, and was definitely dehydrated.

"Hey," she shook him lightly as he mumbled incoherently in his sleep. "I'm going to get some water, alright? I'll be back." She said, taking one last glance at the mysterious boy, and walking towards the kitchen.

When she appeared again, she was surprised to find the boy wide awake. "Where am I?" He mumbled, trying to stand.

"Sit down... you're in no condition to stand up." Padme said gently, putting the water on the nearby table. The boy reluctantly sat down, as she followed suite. "Can you tell me your name?" She asked.

"Ben...my name is Ben." He said, a small smile appearing on his lips as he pushed the hood of the Jedi robes over his face and shrunk into them. Padme smiled at his obvious shyness.

"You don't need to be afraid. I'm Padme, Padme Admidala." Padme pushed the hood off of his head and forced him to look at her. Just who was this boy? Forcing down her curiosity over the unanswered question of his origins, she took the drink into her hand. "You must be thirsty, Ben, you look like you haven't had a drink in days."

Ben took the water and took a big sip. "Where am I?" he asked and once again tried to get up to move around.

Padme pushed him back again, shaking her head. "You're too weak to move around, Ben. Please, get some rest. You have a very high fever and-" She was cut off by an apparent growl.

The boy glared at her and stated in an even firmer tone, "I would like to know where I am."

She sighed, this little boy was persistent, wasn't he? She thought. "You're at the Lars homestead."

The boy nodded, well if he was going to be so persistent, why not ask some questions of her own.

"Ben, can you tell me your last name?" She asked in the gentle voice, a voice that rarely belonged to the firm character of the senator she was. Ben thought for a moment, should he tell her the truth? No, it would cause to much conflict.

He sighed and replied in the best adult voice he could muster. "Ben Jade. My full name is Ben Jade." He said, and then he yawned. Padme nodded, and, noticing his fatigue, suggested he go to sleep. Ben was too tired to protest, and before he knew it, he was out cold.

Padme knew he was lying the second he said it, but chose to ignore it. She felt his forehead one last time- it was cool after she had given him the medicine needed for his fever. She sat up and left, closing and locking the door behind her, thinking about Anakin all the way as she left the homestead to attend the burial service.
    ---

The burial service was silent. No one had spoken a word as they placed down the tomb marking Shmi's grave. Anakin and Padme payed their respects, lingering for a few moments longer than the others.

"She was a great woman, Ani. It's not your fault. Ani? What's wrong?" Padme spoke quietly and sadly. Anakin turned to her, remorse resonating within his eyes.

"I-I killed them. I killed them all…And not just the men-but the women, the children too. They're like animals. And I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!" He yells, and then he sunk to his knees.

"It's not your fault Ani, they killed your mother. You have a reason to hate them, and you saved that little boy too."

Anakin just shook his head, sobbing. "No- Jedi don't kill. Jedi don't hate. But I did Padme.. I did." He looks up at her sadly, tears forming in his eyes." Padme hugs him lightly as he sobs.

"We still have a boy to take care of, let's not think of this. Come, little Ben is awake, and I believe you have some questions to ask him." She says, slowly sitting up as Anakin follows her lead.

"Yes," he says slowly, attempting to choke back the tears." I believe I do…" and so he follows her, away from his mother, away from the grave in the desert, the last reminiscent of the woman who loved him with all his heart as only a mother could do. The woman whom told him to not look back, to follow his heart. Somewhere deep inside, a part of his heart broke, the promise the little boy who left Tatooine gave was no more-broken and dead, as was the only one who truly loved him aside from Padme as just Ani.

To her, he was no chosen one, he was just Ani, that little boy from Tatooine whom she raised and whom left her one day to follow his dream, promising to come back and free her one day. And even though she was now gone, part of her lived on in that little boy, the little boy who just wanted to see the stars. The little boy who became a Jedi, but that little boy died that day.

That little boy was no more.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great update!

I wonder if Ben knows who Padme is, or if he gave the last name Jade for a different reason? I could see it if he has an idea of where and when he is (and maybe is quite confused about that) and knows if he gives the name Skywalker too many questions will be asked. I guess these are things I'll find out eventually! :D

The end of that was pretty powerful, the idea that the old Anakin died with his mother when he killed the Tusken Raiders. I think that's probably pretty true. :(

I look forward to more!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    I'm not sure about Ben right now! I think he has an idea of where he is at... especially after realizing that he's at the Lars homestead. He will start to get a few more hints in the future though, as we start to progress towards the end of the "Attack of the Clones-Ripples Within Time mix and more into the "changed future" type of story. :)

As for Anakin, that was definitely a theme that I felt Lucas was trying to convey during that scene. This is essentially where the huge Star Wars theme: loss of innocence, begins to reveal itself in Anakin. Sadly, this scene is shot down by a lot of Star Wars fans as "bad acting", when it's nothing of a sort. You could easily spend hours analyzing the full details of this scene over and over again to try to find its message. The main message I seem to think it conveyed is that it marks the separation from that little boy we saw in "The Phantom Menace" to the beginnings of Darth Vader. More coming soon.:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Carrie Fisher died... now I'm going to cry every time I write a Leia fanfiction, regardless of whether it's Legends, AU, or regular universe. Don't think I can even bring myself to write the idea I had a while back. I guess I'll have to give it a few weeks before I can start writing. This is sad. Too many well known people are dying this year. :(

8. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ch 1

Ben can sure pick his timing to show up! Right smack in the middle of one of the grimmest times in the history of his family. I feel bad for him seeing at least part of the Tusken massacre, though I wonder if his presence at that crucial moment could change things. (Depends, I guess, on what sort of time travel story this is. [face_thinking])

Looks very interesting so far, hope you keep going with this. :)

AzureAngel2 and enzo90 like this.
  9. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016

This will definitely end up being a strange one. Unique in a way, but also one of those "change the future" type of typical time travel stories. So some familiarities in a world of differences.:)

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  10. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Chapter II

Ben sat up on the bed and looked around in time to see a familiar figure walk through the door.

"You're awake" Anakin stated as the door closed behind him.

Ben shrugged and stated simply, "I suppose so." Anakin frowned at the statement and walked forward to sit on the bed beside him. They sat in silence for a few moments, before Ben finally had the nerve to speak.

"Why are you here?" He asked, even though he knew the answer. Anakin's look of concern was the only proof he had needed. Anakin just stared at the boy. Ben's eyes were set with determination, and his pose told him that a delay would not be taken lightly.

"I think you know why."

Ben just shook his head, "Come to find out what a youngling like me would be doing out in the middle of the desert, with a lightsaber at his side?"

Anakin made a slight acknowledgment of the question, and waited for Ben to answer, only to be met with more silence. "You know; I will have to report this to the council Ben if you cannot answer me. It is quite obvious you are a Jedi. If you could just tell me whom your master was, it would be much easier on both you and I."

Ben looked up at him, as tears inexplicably formed in his rage filled eyes. Anakin bit his lip, ready for an outrage in response.

To his surprise, he was met only with a resonating calm in the force and Ben pushed back his thoughts and spoke in a confident manner, "He's gone. They're all gone." Then he looked away, and Anakin immediately regretted ever asking the question. Silent sobs seemed to be coming from Ben, and the force filled with despair. Anakin moved to comfort him instinctually, sending soothing thoughts through the force, which Ben was willing to accept. "They're all gone- and I could do nothing to stop it. It's like a gaping hole in the force- I can't feel them anymore." He shook his head sadly, shaking in Anakin's embrace as sobs racked his body like an earthquake.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." Anakin began slowly, but Ben cut him off.

"No, you needed to know, there was no other way."

They sat there, Ben's sobs shaking the room and piercing in strong waves of despair through the force as Anakin tried to comfort him. Finally, the sobs subsided, replaced by the quiet of the room aged by time.

"I have nothing left for me here. There's nowhere for me to go." Ben said sadly, looking up as Anakin wiped the tears away from the boy's eyes.

"That's not true. You have us, and the entire Jedi order out there."

Ben shrugged him off and glared at him. "But I don't have them." His voice cried out. The force seemed to scream from him now, giving off anguish and grief that could be sensed for miles by any force user within its radiance.

"I know how you feel." Anakin finally said, hoping that it would calm Ben down. "I know what it feels like to lose everything, to want to just walk away plump under a tree, and go quietly into the shadows of the night. Trust me, I know more than you could ever imagine." He trailed off then, and lifted Ben's face to face his own. "Ben, look at me. Look into my eyes." Ben sighed in frustration, and let his sky blue eyes meet Anakin's own. "Promise me, promise me. You won't ever give up. You aren't alone, you never are. You have me and Padme now, alright?"

Ben nodded silently, and Anakin spoke once more. "Can you promise me, as a Jedi, that you won't give up?" The words were spoken then, an unbreakable promise, sworn upon by the force.

"I promise I won't give up." Ben said, and then Anakin smiled, letting go of his tight hold upon Ben.

"It's done now then, you gave me your word as a Jedi, and that cannot be broken." Then he headed for the door and motioned for Ben to follow with Padme close behind on their tail. "Come on, we're leaving." He said as they headed towards Mos Espa, saying one last goodbye to the Lars family.

"Where are we going?" Ben asked.

"Geonosis, hopefully."

Ben just gave him a quizzical look. "Why there?" he asked, and Anakin just smiled once again, reaching down to ruffle Ben's hair.

"Let's just say a friend of mine is in a rather-unpleasant situation." He refused to say more, and they quickly boarded the cruiser.
    ---
    Ben's mouth dropped in shock and his eyes bulged as he laid eyes upon the various rooms and mechanical structures of the ship, causing Padme to smile. He went to work immediately, jumping from room to room in excitement at his new discoveries. Padme's smile widened as she was reminded of a very similar young boy who had done the same thing just ten years before. Anakin gave her a curious glance, "What?" he asked.

She grinned again before speaking. "It reminds me of another little boy when he first saw this ship."

He smiled at her, "Oh yes, it was quite the site for a boy who hadn't seen anything other than the dusty sand ball of Tatooine." Anakin said, lightly kissing her on the cheek as she tried to hide the amount of emotion swelling up inside of her.

They strode over to the cockpit, where they found Ben already waiting, glancing wide eyed at the controls. "Can I fly it?" He asked as his interest peaked once again.

Anakin laughed. "Maybe someday, I'll teach you the controls. For now, I need you in the back so we can prepare to take off."

"Okay!" Ben jumped in excitement and ran to the back to strap up.

"He seems to be feeling better." Padme commented as soon as Ben had left. Anakin sat down in the cockpit and turned on the communicator.

"My conversation this morning seemed to have helped. Let's just hope that he continues to get better, and not worse."

Padme was about to reply when the hologram of Mace Windu appeared before them.

"Master Windu." Anakin bowed in greeting, followed quickly by Master Windu. Mace Windu is silent for a moment as the situation is explained.

"We will see to Count Dooku. The most important thing for you, Anakin, is to stay where you are. Protect the senator at all costs. That is your priority." Anakin nodded his head, though his mind did not agree with his actions.

"Thank you, Master. I have one last request of you, before you leave if I may, Master." Mace Windu dismissed the formality with a gesture of continuation. "I have found a very powerful force sensitive boy on Tatooine." He paused for a moment as Mace Windu's eyes fell upon him. He had gotten his attention. "The boy's name is Ben Jade. I found him while rescuing my mother. There is a complication, however." He hesitated for a moment, and then spoke again. "The boy was already trained in some way. Though he is still largely untrained, he already has his own lightsaber. It appears that someone on Tatooine was instructing him, though I cannot be for sure. The boy would not tell me his teacher's name, only that he was long dead, along with the rest of his family." Windu pondered this, resting his fingers upon his chin in his customary pose of thought.

"This is very disturbing news indeed. When your mission is complete, I would like you to bring the boy before us. The council will decide his fate. May the Force be with you."

Anakin nodded, and bowed as the hologram cut off. He definitely did not like the sound of this. Padme stomped in frustration. "They'll never get to him in time to save him. They have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look, Geonosis is only a parsec away." She flicked a few buttons and started to set coordinates for the hyperspace jump for Courscant. Anakin puts his hand over hers, halting her work as she stared up at him in silence.

"If he is still alive."

"Ani, are you just going to sit here and let him die? He's your friend…your mentor…" Anakin sighed again in irritation.

"He's like a father, but you heard Master Windu. He gave me strict orders. Besides, what about Ben?"

"Ben will be fine, as long as the doors are locked and he stays in the ship. Besides, Master Windu gave you strict orders to protect me." She smiled mischievously, her eyes set with determination as she pulled free of Anakin's grip, flicking a few more buttons.

"I'm going to save Obi-Wan, so if you plan to protect me, you better come along."

Anakin threw up his hands in a sign of surrender and sat back in his seat, preparing the jump to hyperspace as Padme retreated to the back to help Ben strap in.

"Here goes nothing." He said, pulling the lever and watching as the stars around him became dots and dashes, leaving the sun scorched surface of Tatooine far behind.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Can't wait to see how this turns out. Pretty good so far.

AzureAngel2 and enzo90 like this.
  12. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    The starship ground to a halt on the barren landscape of Geonosis, a silver gleam standing out amongst the carpets of blood red rock. Anakin switched off the engines just in time to see Padme get up. "Hey, where are you going?" He asks as she unbuckles and starts to storm out of the cockpit.

"To find Obi-Wan." She states in the determined voice that belonged to her senator side of herself. Anakin grabbed her arm, stopping her just before she reached the door.

"What about Ben?" he asks, but she just shook his arm off.

"He'll be fine. 3PO can take care of him. Now let go of me. I'm going with you, and you can't stop me otherwise." He reluctantly pulled away as she stormed out of the cockpit towards the exit of the starship, Anakin closed behind.

Ben unstrapped himself from his seat and called out to Padme to wait. "I'm going with you." He stated in a determined voice as she turned around and knelt before him.

"Ben… it's too dangerous for you. Please just stay back here, you'll be safe here with 3PO, and we'll be back soon." She brushed the bangs out of his face, and Ben sighed in defeat, looking back up at her.

"Promise?" He choked out, barely able to get the words out without sobbing. He did not want her to leave. It wasn't fair. She didn't have to risk her life for this.

Padme kissed him lightly on the cheek and gave him a quick hug.

"I promise. As long as you can keep your part of the deal and stay with 3PO. I wouldn't want those two droids to get into trouble." She smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"I-alright." Ben promised.

"Good." She hugged him one last time and then left, motioning for Anakin to follow. Anakin exchanged a quick glance with Ben.

"3PO, watch Ben. We'll be back soon. Oh and Ben, be sure that R2 doesn't try something. These two droids do have a knack for trouble, though I'm not sure which one attracts more, R2, or 3PO." He smiled again, then left the ship along with Padme, making sure to close and lock the door behind him. "Let's just hope that Ben won't follow us." He said, sighing. Knowing Ben, that was probably exactly what he was going to do. In a way, the boy did remind him of when he was younger.
    ---
    Ben sighed and sat down on the couch in the main room as the familiar figure of C-3PO approached him. "Is something wrong?" the droid asked.

"It's nothing to worry about, 3PO." He said, shrugging. "I'm going to go after them, no matter my promise to Padme. Anakin-he needs me 3PO. You wouldn't understand, it's a force thing, but I just know that he's going to need me. I am here by the will of the force, and if the will of the force says I have to help Anakin, then that's what I'm going to do." He said in determination, storming out towards the door. R2 whistled at him, and C3PO yelled back at him.

"I do not think this is a great idea, sir! Master Anakin told me to watch you and make sure you don't leave the ship."

Ben turned in response, glaring at C3PO. "You have done your job well, 3PO, but master Anakin does not control my decisions." He said, attempting to palm the door open. It was locked. "Oh force!" He yelled in frustration.

"Sir, please, I do not advise that you leave the ship, it is dangerous out there." C3PO spoke once again, followed by a twirl of beeps from R2D2.

"Your advice is noted. When we get back, I'll make sure than Anakin doesn't blame you, 3PO." He said, smiling as he turned the two droids off with the force and started to rewire the door.
    ---
    Anakin and Padme walked along the deserted road of the city, when Anakin stopped, reaching out with the force. "Wait. Something isn't right." He said.

Padme stopped, waiting. "I don't understand, there's nothing here, yet the force tells you otherwise…" She trailed off as a huge hoard of Geonosians lunged at them.

"Padme, run!" Anakin yelled, igniting his lightsaber and slicing through the pair as he turned to follow. Anakin was about to cry out in warning when the platform holding her dropped, and she fell into the droid factory below. "Padme!" Anakin yelled, turning to follow her. He threw a few Geonosians off, dodging machinery all the way. Up ahead, Padme was thrown into a bucket. "This is not good." Anakin said as he continued to dodge machinery.

Padme scrambled to get out of the huge metal pot that was holding her, watching in fear as the buckets ahead of her were full of glowing magma for use in the creation of droid parts. This was it, she thought. "I'm going to be burned alive and melted into use to create machines, what a pleasant death." She said sarcastically as the chute hovered over her, prepared to continue its work without a second thought. The molten magma didn't come, however, and the bucket dropped, carrying her tumbling down onto a platform below, where she was surrounded by Geonosians. At the same time, Anakin's lightsaber was crushed under a machine just as he escaped. He glanced at it and attempted to ignite it, only to be given a dying spark of blue light instead.

He stared for a moment, and then muttered "Obi-Wan's going to kill me." He handed his weapon over to the bounty hunter and was escorted by a pair of Geonosians to the arena, followed quickly by Padme.
    ---
    Ben trudged along the red soil, avoiding droid patrols and caverns of Geonosians as he went, only to stumble upon the arena. He cursed his luck when a large crowd of Geonosians who were standing guard noticed him and flew towards him to grab him, screeching in a foreign language at him. He turned to run, igniting his blue lightsaber and attempting to slice down a few of them.

"Stay back!" He yelled at them. Though Ben was still mostly untrained, he figured he could at least cause them to back up and maybe, just maybe, take out enough to give him time to run. To his dismay, the Geonosians drew their own weapons, surrounding him in the process.

Just what I needed, Ben thought, swinging his lightsaber around rapidly. "I said stay back!" He yelled, force pushing a few back.

They were quickly replaced by others, their wings flapping rapidly in rhythm. Then they stopped, pulling their weapons away. Everything went silent for a moment as a tall, bearded man in dark robes approached. His brown eyes pierced Ben's blue ones as the Geonosians quickly made way for him. Ben pointed his lightsaber at the man swiftly, glaring at him.

"There is no need for that, my friend. As you can see, we are harmless." He said, continuing to approach the small boy before him.

Ben took another step back, still uncertain about the man. The force screamed loudly at him in warning, there was something not right about the man.

"How do I know you aren't going to kill me if I put this weapon down right now?" Ben asked. The man smiled down at him and took another step towards Ben, trapping him against the wall. There was no escape now, the entrance was blocked, and the only other pathway, which led further into the arena, was blocked by several lines of Geonosians which continued to fill up as more piled into the small cramped hallways.

"Because, if I were, you would be dead now." He continued to smile, taking another several steps towards Ben as he watched the fear dance in the young boy's eyes. "The force is strong with you, youngling. I am most impressed with your ability to mask yourself. Avoiding several droid patrols and Geonosians is not easy." Amusement lit his feautures as he said the words, and he took on a friendlier tone.

"Why don't you put your lightsaber down, youngling? The Jedi way discourages killing, and I know that you will honor that way even now. We have yet to harm you." He said, and he ordered the Geonosians off, leaving him alone with the boy. "Such innocence, such youthfulness, yet so much raw power. What a waste it would be, to have to dispose of it. I think we both do not want it to come to that now, do we?"

"Leave me alone!" Ben yelled, and the walls shook with the power of his words as his eyes flared in anger.

Yes, this boy was special indeed, Dooku thought. "Your anger betrays you, boy. Search your feelings. You know the power inside of you. You can do more with this power than you could ever possibly begin to imagine." He took a few more short strides towards the boy until he was towering over him, no more than a few feet away. The boy slashed again in vain in an attempt to dissuade him and push him back.

"I sense a protectiveness in you." He paused for a moment, searching through the boy's mental shields. "Yes, a promise. A promise to someone, a friend perhaps?" He smiled maliciously, he knew whom it was now. "The senator and the Jedi…Skywalker." Ben's look of shock told him that he had guessed right, and so he continued. "They're situation right now is…most unfortunate. I am afraid it is only a while longer now before the execution." Ben's eyes lit up, the fear passing through them quickly, and then he screamed.

"No!" He yelled, lashing out with his lightsaber. The rage inside his voice was clear and the room around them trembled with its power.

His emotions betrayed him, and he lashed out with all his might upon Dooku. The Count anticipated the move, and ignited his blade swiftly to block it. They battled across the room, rage dancing in Ben's eyes as he fought valiantly against the count. The power behind his blows were more than he had ever put behind them, and he was surprised to find how easy the movements came. Dooku blocked all of them in a swift, timely manner that made Ben's movements look pathetic, and then he lightly force pushed Ben against the wall, causing the boy to slump down in pain. His lightsaber rolled to one side, and he used the force to try to clear his head, attempting to focus on retrieving his lightsaber.

Dooku reached for it first and pulled the lightsaber to him, examining its design. "Most impressive… you have fought valiantly, young one. Nevertheless, your efforts were not enough." He paused, considering his next words. What better to do than to draw the boy further into his clutches of the dark side? He had seen the boy's rage, now, all he needed was an incentive that would pull the boy into his clutches.

"If you join me, I shall see to it that your friends will not be harmed. For it is only I who has the power to save them." The boy looked up, and spoke with the utmost confidence and unwavering certainty.

"I will do anything you ask of me, just help me, help me to save them." He knelt before Dooku, and Dooku smiled. He had the boy now.

"Good. There is no need to kneel, rise, young one. Please, do me the honor of telling me your name."

Ben rose, and then he spoke. "My name is Ben. Ben Jade." Dooku raised an eyebrow at the last name, but did not question it. The boy would tell him the truth soon enough.

"You are very powerful, young Ben, but you are yet to reach your full potential. Within time, we shall defeat the sith and save your precious friends. You will become one of the most powerful force users to ever rule the galaxy, perhaps someday more powerful than even I." He handed Ben back his lightsaber, who took it and clipped it upon his belt. "Come, young Ben. I believe we have an execution to dismantle." Ben nodded, and quickly followed, not catching the vindictive smile that Dooku gave him.

The plan was complete, the boy was his now, that much Dooku knew as he took hold of Ben's hand and led him away towards the arena. There would be no turning back now.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Hope you guys enjoy my little update. I need to start updating this more often! Perhaps during spring break?:)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Ooh! Evilness! Damn you, Dooku! Damn you to all nine Correllian Hells! Gah!:mad:

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! How intriguing this is! Ben has definitely landed in the midst of pivotoal events of the PT, then to fall into Dooku's clutches! [face_worried] =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Due to WarmNyota_SweetAyesha I ended up here and I am intrigued. Will Ben manage his inherited Skywalker anger & go for anger management? Will he bow to Dooku as his new master?

Will there be some Marty McFly like situations for him?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016

By Marty McFly "Back to the Future" style moments, if you mean time travel revelations, definitely. Though I think you will find that the surrounding characters, not the time traveler himself, will be most effected by the events. Particularly with a strong bond that will develop between Ben, Anakin, and Padme.

As for anger management, you know Skywalkers. They always have issues. :) :) :)

I've had a busy summer, but I'll be getting the next chapter off soon.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    its been a long time, but I had several chapters ready, so I'm going to be uploading them in succession. I'll also be going backwards to update some old chapters (spacing/structural updates, not major plot points. Nothing will change from the story) when I have the time. Hope you guys are enjoying your winter/ school time as much as I am. Okay- maybe not. I'm managing, though. 4 AP classss is a lot.
    ---
    Another sharp sting hit Anakin's back as he was driven further into the chariot with Padme. He winced, but displayed no signs of physical pain. He had been a slave before, a prisoner couldn't be much worse. But now he was being driven into an arena towards his execution. I hope Ben is alright in the ship, Anakin thought as he exchanged glances with Padme. "It's going to be alright. We'll find a way out of this and get back to Ben.", he said, attempting to reassure her. Though he wasn't so sure himself.

"Anakin I-I love you." She said, gazing up at him with a saddened expression on her face. Anakin kissed her, only half aware of the boundaries they had set up for one another earlier. He pushed all thoughts of the code aside. Nothing mattered right now, nothing but Padme. If he was going to die, well, he may as well go out in style kissing the one he loved.

The Geonosian stung the animal carrying the chariot, dragging it forth into the arena just as Anakin pulled away from Padme, the kiss still lingering in his mind. The Geonosians forced them off the chariot and off the chariot and onto separate walls, with Padme on the left and Anakin in the middle right next to Obi-Wan. "I was beginning to wonder if you got my message", Obi-Wan remarked.

Anakin gave him an exasperated look as the metal chains clinked in. "I retransmitted just as you requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you."

Obi-Wan looked up at the chains above him. "Good job." He stated sarcastically.

Count Dooku appeared along a platform above, followed by Ben and the bounty hunter, Jango Fett, his son, and the Neimodians. He whispered something to the Geonosian, who just gave him an incredulous glance and shook his head. Upon Ben's worried glance at the execution below him, Dooku leaned over to him and spoke quietly into his ear. "Don't worry about your friends, they will be just fine." Ben was about to argue when Dooku shushed him with the force and motioned for him to stand by his side as the Geonosian stepped forward. "Let the executions begin!" he shouted.

The crowd of Geonosians roared as several ferocious beasts came out from beneath the depths of the arena. There was a pause for a moment as each being was ushered forth into the arena, and then it was broken with yet another loud cheer from the crowd as the animals charged forward.

"Just relax, concentrate." Stated Obi-Wan.

"What about Padme?" Anakin asked. The beasts were getting closer now, preparing to strike at their unwilling prey.

Obi-Wan glanced up, where Padme stood atop the large column in which she had been chained to. "She seems to be on top of things." He stated as the beasts charged forward towards their victims.

Padme glanced up at the platform, chain hand as she prepared for the coming attack. She frowned when she saw Ben standing by Dooku's side. "Ben?" She asked, shock carrying through her voice as she watched him. His eyes fell upon hers for a brief moment, horror lighting up upon his face as the feline like beast charged upon her, clawing at the column as it scrambled to reach her. She hit it once with the chain, attempting to push the animal back, and was met with a claw strike to her back.

Ben's eyes widened, and he pressed his face into Dooku's tunic, he could not bear to watch. "Do something, please." He begged, sobbing into Dooku's tunic.

"If you wish to save your friends, then you must trust my judgement." He glared at the boy, who continued to sob. He could feel the anger that was dwelling inside the boy. Only a little longer, he thought, and the boy will be mine.

Anakin jumped over the charging animal just in time. The impact ricocheted upon the chains, breaking them loose. Out of the corner of his eye, Anakin saw Obi-Wan dodging the sharp claws and breaking free of his chains. So far, so good, he thought, looking up at the platform in the stands as he looped the chain around the horn of the animal. Ben was crying into Dooku's tunic, hiding his face from the scene before him. He silently cursed his luck, Ben was supposed to stay inside the ship. But then, what do you expect from an intelligent young boy? He tried to steer the beast to calm it down, only to end up flipped on to his side and dragged along the dust of the arena floor. He screamed, attempting to gain a footing on the ground as the creature pulled him along. The creature stopped just moments later in a state of confusion. He sat up, quickly approaching the creature and attempting to bend it to his will with the force.

The creature shook its head several times before complying and allowing him back on. He was in control now. Several Geonosians chased him as he once again wrapped the chain around it, heading off towards Padme.

Padme finished getting off the last of her chains just as the Reek charged upon the ferocious feline like creature that was snarling up her. With one swift move, it shoved the creature to the ground, killing it instantly. "Jump!" Anakin yelled up at her as she threw herself down from the column onto the Reek's back.

"We have to get to Obi-Wan!" She yelled. She glanced up at the platform once again, where Ben was sitting watching with wide eyes in fear. He had stopped crying now, his eyes still portraying the horror he saw before him. We'll get to you soon Ben, she thought. I promise.

Obi-Wan was already having a bad day. Having a picador chase after him wasn't much better. Dodging the sharp claws that pierced the ground with a resounding screech. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Anakin riding around on the Reek. Concentrating with the force, he faked a stab at the Picador's chest and dodged two more swift strikes before jabbing it into the Picador's armor plating. The Picador shrieked in pain, pulling back and giving Obi-Wan enough time to jump onto the Reek's back.

Anakin directed the Reek towards the platform in an attempt to retrieve Ben, only to be surrounded by Droidekas. He pulled on the reins, forcing the Reek to a halt as the droids surrounded him. "Any plans?" He asked Obi-Wan, whom raised an eyebrow.

Several hundred lightsabers ignited in the stands above in unison, igniting the arena in lights of many different colors. Jango Fett stepped back in surprise as a lightsaber ignited on his throat, coming dangerously close to severing his neck. "Master Windu." Dooku states in an aurora of a calm, authoritative figure. He turned to face Windu and moved Ben closer to his side. "How nice of you to join us." Mace Windu's eyes grew wide, and he looked down towards Ben, who was gripping Dooku's cloak as though his life depended on it.

"Release the boy, Dooku. This party is over."

Dooku raised an eyebrow at the statement. "I don't think so, Master Windu. You see, this boy has already promised himself to me, in exchange for your friends lives."

He smiled as Mace Windu's face became lit with shock. "You're severely outnumbered, my friend. It would be best to surrender now." Dooku reinstated, he had hoped for it not to come to this. Mace Windu was merely an obstacle to his plans, an obstacle to jump over, rather than have to eradicate.

The worst had come, as the obstacle stood before him now, stating with the utmost confidence. "I don't think so", and then he waved the droids in.

He stepped to the side, shoving Ben along with him and watching as Mace began to block the bolts showering upon him, jumping at the last moment to avoid the fury of flames that coursed beneath him from the bounty hunter's flamethrower. He shed his cloak and blocked a few more stray bolts.

An endless quantity of droids marched forth from the gates of the arena, wasting no time to begin firing. The Geonosians were quick to recover from their initial shock, flying towards the center of the arena with blasters in hand. The battle was on now.

Ben watched from Dooku's side as the battle continued to wage. Bolts of light flew through the arena in all directions, each aimed at the central figures of many colors of light. The battle was over almost before it started, and Ben winced in pain as one by one, Jedi began to fall.

Not that it was any different in his time. What had felt like being trampled by a herd of Banthas now only felt like the prick of the needle. The enduring agony lasted but a second, followed perhaps only by a soreness to be wary of for a day or two. He held his head for a few seconds as several more Jedi fell, their screams resounding in the force and then snuffing out quickly.

"You must learn to accept the pain, use it. Let it fuel your anger, and it shall give you the strength you need to do what must be done."

Ben nodded, and took his hand off his head as he attempted to push the pain into his anger with the force.

"Do not push, bend it to your will. It will only comply if you force it to do so."

Ben kept the words on his mind, attempting to bend the force to his will. He focused in all the agony he could bear, sucking in each death and binding it into his own anger. He thought of his own losses, his mother, his father, his cousins. Within seconds, a fuel had started to burn within his eyes. He could feel it now. The power was there, all he had to do was reach out and grasp, then it would be over. Only then, he knew, could he keep his friends safe.

He reached one last time, and the darkness clicked around him in a wave. When he opened his eyes, the world was different. Everything had changed. No, he corrected himself. Nothing had physically changed, he had changed. The power resonated around him, and he felt impenetrable. He knew now that with this power, nothing could stop him from his goals. He was no longer the helpless little boy who had left the ship earlier that day. With this power, he could do anything. Even save his friends, his grandparents.

This is the only way, he thought. This is the only way to save him, the only way to keep his promise to him and Padme. There was no way to turn back now, he had chosen his path, as it had been placed before him. Forget the will of the force, forget everything he had ever been told about the path of the force. This was his path, and if it meant saving his grandparents, then he had no choice, it was chosen.

He looked up towards Dooku, who was smiling down upon him. Dooku's plans were complete, the boy was truly his now, and he would do anything he asked, all for the safety of his friends. How ironic, while the light side valued all life, it was the dark that would truly pushed a being to his limits, promising to save few for the deaths of many. He could see it now, as he gazed into the yellow eyes of his once blue eyed apprentice. That fierce loyalty, it was everything to Ben, and he would do anything for it. "Good. Very good." He spoke.

A Jedi leapt up to the platform, igniting his lightsaber and attempting to behead Dooku, but Dooku payed him little attention as he was quickly blasted down by Jango Fett. The boy was all that mattered now, and he did not care how these pesky Jedi were dealt with.

Jango Fett took off into the battlefield as soon as he saw the Reek plow into Master Windu. Now was his chance. He plunged for the lightsaber that had fallen before him, but Master Windu was quick to recover. The lightsaber flew to his hand just before Jango Fett reached it. Jango attempted to sit up, preparing to fire upon the Jedi only to get plowed down by the Reek. It was shot down quickly after that, but not before leaving his jetpack inoperable. He cursed his luck as Master Windu went after him, firing his blaster at the Jedi as he went. If I'm to go down, he thought. I'm going down taking out a Jedi. The Jedi reached him, slicing quickly through his arm and then decapitating him. Jango Fett never had a chance to react.

Dooku's eyes widened as he watched Mace Windu cut down his favorite bounty hunter. What a waste, he thought. The man was really helpful. No matter, Ben was at his side, and the Jedi would most certainly be eradicated if they did not surrender. He watched intently as the once spread out fight began to close in. All three beasts from the original execution were dead now, leaving only the droids to finish any work off. They were in the center now, lightsabers back to back. Dooku motioned for Ben to follow him, and they moved towards the platform along with the Neimodians as he ordered the seize fire. The last of the Jedi were pushed into the center of the circle, lightsabers drawn in a protective stance as the droids lowered their weapons. He paused for a moment before speaking.

"Master Windu, you have fought gallantly. Worthy of recognition in the archives of the Jedi order. Now, it is finished." He paused, letting the words draw out into the silence of the arena. "Surrender, and your lives will be spared." Ben stood watching the crowd of Jedi intently and taking up a respectable position behind his new master.

"We will not be hostages to be bartered with, Dooku." Mace Windu stated.

Count Dooku shook his head sadly. "Then, I'm sorry old friend. Kill them all, but spare Master Kenobi, the Senator, and Anakin Skywalker." He stated.

The Neimodians started to protest over Padme's execution, but he cut them off with the wave of his hand. "Ben!" Padme yelled from the arena floor, hoping to get the child's attention.

Dooku motioned Ben forward, and his yellow met hers. "Oh no." Anakin muttered.

Obi-Wan looked upon him questioningly, but did not speak as Anakin tried to grab Padme's hand. She shook him off and stared back up at Ben, a pleading look in her eyes.

"Please, don't let him do this Ben. You know this isn't right."

Ben shook his head sadly, tears streaking his eyes. "I'm sorry Padme, this is the only way." He turned around, and was about to resume his place behind his master when a loud humming noise began to pierce the sky.

"Look." Padme stated as the doors of the ships opened, revealing soldiers in gleaming white armor. The firefight began once again, brilliant rays of blue, red, and green exchanging shots at one another. The ships landed as the Jedi began to rush forward towards them covered by the clones.

Anakin rushed forward, blocking shots as he went before hoping onto the nearest ship, followed quickly by Padme and Obi-Wan. "We have to get Ben!" Padme yelled as the ship began to take off.

"He's gone; don't you get it? He's a Sith now! Nothing can change that!" Obi-Wan yelled at her. The ship was flying far above the arena now, doing as much damage to the Federation and its armies as it could as it passed fuel tank after fuel tank. Anakin shook his head sadly, as much as he hated to admit it, Ben was gone. But that did not mean that there was possibly some hope.

Ben followed Count Dooku towards a small command center. Tables of electronics surrounded the room, giving off a strange glow to the war room. In the center was a red holoprojector revealing the battle in models as it unfolded. "We have to order a retreat." The Geonosian stated.

Dooku ushered Ben over and instructed him to sit down as he dealt with the situation. "Don't worry, the Jedi will not get away with this treachery." He stated to the Geonosian, walking around Ben to stand before him.

"I'm sending our warriors into the catacombs. The Jedi can't find our plans for the ultimate weapon." The Geonosian stated in as anxious a voice as his species allowed him to project. "If the Jedi find out, were doomed." He handed Dooku the design, who examined it for a moment before nodding.

"I will take the design to Coruscant, it will be much safer there with my master." Ben's ears piqued up in curiosity, and he caught a brief glance of the design. It looked like some kind of weapon, he thought. He remembered an old story that Han had once told him. That design, where had he seen it before? He thought back to the story-something about a huge super weapon that could destroy planets and had blown up Alderaan. From what he remembered of the story, there were two of them. Both of which had been blown up by the rebel alliance, one only two years after the other. The Death Star, he realized, and then his eyes widened. So this is what Sidious and Dooku planned to build. Could he truly trust Dooku? He thought.

Then he smiled as a plan formed in his mind. With his power, combined with his grandfather, he could easily destroy Dooku should he turn upon him. He would wait this out, and once his friends had been saved, he would gather the power to destroy Dooku and bring balance to the force no matter how much the cost. This is the only way, he thought. Within due time, I shall destroy Dooku, and ultimately stop the wars to come from ever happening.

For now, however, he would have to play the part of the acquiescent and submissive apprentice.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Dooku ushered Ben forward towards his speeder, putting the Death Star plans within his pocket. The speeder took off at full speed, lurching Ben forward as his small arms clung around Dooku's waist. The speeder shook as it swerved through the air, high above the crimson red soil of the earth below. How ironic how a battle between blood and machine were to be raged on a planet of red.

The LAAT gunship shook as it swerved past the battlefield, firing at droids as it went. "Look over there!" Obi-Wan stated as a speeder flew up ahead of the transports.

Padme gasped, her eyes widening as she saw a familiar little boy on the back of the speeder, his hair flapping wildly in the wind. "He's got Ben!" she yelled, her voice wavering in between excitement and concern. They had a chance now, but that didn't mean it would be easy getting Ben back.

"Follow that speeder!" Anakin yelled up towards the pilot, who complied immediately without hesitation.

Dooku looked over his shoulder and spotted the lone gunship following his trail. Jedi, he thought. He would not let them get in the way of his plans, not this time. He had a set schedule, and it did not have room for Jedi. Though he supposed he could make haste with them. He pressed the button on the speeder's control panel, giving the silent command to the two escorting ships. 'Wait' The command stated, and within moments, the escorts slowed down, catching up with Dooku and awaiting further orders. He was about to give the hand signal to pull behind the gunship and provide cover fire when Ben stopped him.

"Let them come to us, there's no need for that now." Scowling, he called the speeders off with a swift hand signal. Although he may not agree with it, he knew his apprentice was right, and this may be the only way for confrontation, albeit on risky terms.

A confrontation that would determine Ben's fate.

The gunship landed upon the platform near the parked speeder, pausing for a moment to let Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme out. Padme prepared to rush forward, but Anakin stopped her for a moment. "We don't know what Ben is going to be like. My job is to protect you, senator, and I cannot allow you to rush in there on your own." Padme glared at him and pushed away.

"He's a child, Anakin. A hurt, lost child, alone, and afraid in a world too big for his own shoulders to uphold. He needs me, and I will do anything in my power to save him, with or against you." Anakin held his hands up in a gesture of surrender as Obi-Wan smirked at him.

"What?" Anakin stated.

"You can never argue with a senator, my young padawan."

Anakin gave him an exasperated look as they marched forward into the vast cavern that housed an improvised hangar. In the wake of the Geonosian fighter stood two figures, lightsabers sheathed at their belts. Ben's eyes narrowed into yellow slits, glancing hesitantly at the approaching figures. Ben glanced up at Dooku, sending a silent message that lingered through the force, in which Dooku nodded in turn. Simultaneously, they un-clipped their lightsabers from their belts, the crimson red blade of Dooku's a stark contrast to Ben's own blue lightsaber.

Padme's eyes widened in horror as the two stepped forward, preparing to meet the oncoming threat. "You take Ben; I'll take Dooku." Obi-Wan stated, stepping forward to meet Dooku as Anakin nodded his approval.

"Stay back, Padme." Anakin stated firmly, glancing over his shoulder to meet her gaze.

She shook her head, doing just the opposite and taking a step towards Ben. "Ben, you don't have to do this. Please, come back with us!" Ben's gaze turned towards her, and for a moment, his eyes changed.

The world was different once again, and his head spun for a moment before he regained control. The darkness enveloped him once again, his eyes returning to the yellow irises of the dark side. What had once felt foreign, now felt like a constant companion, a relief, almost. It offered power, it offered strength. It was his, and yet, at the same time, he was its. "You don't understand. You'll never understand." Ben stated, his lightsaber still raised in a protective stance.

"Padme, get back!" Anakin shouted in warning.

"But I do!" Padme yelled over the sound of lightsabers, as the duel between Obi-Wan and Dooku broke out into a series of thrusts, each move met by the opponent in turn.

"Please Ben, there are other ways! If this was about protecting Anakin and I, you are doing just the opposite right now." She stated, pointing at the lightsaber in Ben's hand.

"No! You don't understand yet, nor do I suspect you ever will. I know you don't mean it, Padme, but what you say is a lie. There are no other ways. By sacrificing myself, I have guaranteed his protection!" His glare returned towards Anakin, who was now in a defensive stance, ready for Ben to move.

"If we don't understand, then help us understand Ben. Please, I don't want to do this, and from what I can see, neither do you." Ben shook his head sadly at Anakin's statement, shedding his black cloak to reveal his robes in preparation for the duel.

"This isn't about me, Anakin. This is about saving you." He repeated. Anakin gave him an incredulous glance. What did Ben mean by this?

"Saving me? Saving me from what Ben?" He asked, the curiosity and shock pronouncing itself within his voice.

Ben smiled a wicked smile that betrayed all sense of the little boy whom had left Tatooine with Anakin and Padme. "Yourself." He stated simply, and then, to Padme's horror, they clashed.

Anakin parried Ben's first few strikes with ease, going on the defensive. The boy was much smaller than him, which, considering Ben's form, gave him an advantage. He could easily strike at the small openings he saw within Ben's form, which lacked both effectiveness and efficiency. They're blades interlocked once more, and Ben grit his teeth. Anakin Skywalker was definitely stronger than he had expected, even when he was holding back.

"Please Ben, don't do this."

Ben roared in anger, turning the blade around to break the lock, only to be met with another blade lock. "You don't understand." He stated, twisting around once more and attempting to get the lightsaber level with his chest. He knew his style could only work if he were level to his body height, and considering he had very little agility advantage against Anakin, he would have to be careful not to be disarmed. He sliced at another opening, attempting to get to the lower parts of Anakin's body.

Anakin quickly parried the attack, allowing it to reach just short of his leg as Ben twisted yet again to break free. Using Ben's height to his advantage, Anakin lightly force pushed Ben, knocking the boy off balance. The opening was clear now, he just had to take it.

Ben growled as the force pushed against him in a light, yet powerful wave. He gritted his teeth, grinding his feet against the floor and attempting to raise his lightsaber to block the expected blow that would disarm him, but he was too late.

Within seconds, Ben's blade was knocked from his grip by a powerful strike to the underside of his lightsaber. Ben's eyes widened in shock as he stumbled backwards from the force of the blow, and Anakin swiftly grabbed his lightsaber from the air, pointing the adjoining lightsabers at Ben, who had now backed as far as he could against the wall. He looked up at Anakin in fear, wondering what would happen next.

On the other side of the hangar, Dooku and Obi-Wan continued to battle, taking small parries with one another. Dooku glanced over at Ben, who was now backed far into a corner, sobbing and speaking inaudible words. The duel was far from over, but in a way, it had just ended. "You can do much better, Master Kenobi." Dooku stated challengingly, but then he paused for a moment.

The familiar tap of a Gimmer stick striking the marble beneath brought to his attention. He broke free of the lock he had Obi-Wan in, not taking his eyes off Obi-Wan as Yoda appeared. "Master Yoda, how nice of you to join us, however, I'm afraid this battle is over." Without taking his eyes off Obi-Wan, he used the force to push down a large column that stood above the corner in which Ben, Anakin, and Padme were in. Obi-Wan's eyes widened, and he used the moment of distraction to dive quickly into his ship, starting the engines and taking off.

I may have failed now, but it will not happen again, he thought. The force may not have allowed it today, but someday, Ben Jade would bow before him.

"Lookout!" Padme yelled as the column began to fall atop both Ben and Anakin. She dived forward, tucking Ben against her chest as the column fell forward. It stopped just moments before falling on them and she looked over to see Yoda's and Obi-Wan's faces scrunched in concentration as they lifted the heavy object out of harm's way with the force, setting it neatly to the side. Ben groaned in her arms, and she quickly released him, checking him for injuries. His eyes had returned to their natural color, the dark side no longer seeping through them. "Are you alright?" She asked, hugging him gently. He nodded, tears streaking his eyes as he hugged her.

"I'm sorry." He choked out, barely able to catch his breath in between his sobs. "I-I thought I could protect you. I thought I could save him."

She rubbed his back, gently trying to reassure the boy. "It's alright, it wasn't your fault. You were only trying to do what you thought best at the time." He continued to sob, soaking Padme's battle worn shirt.

"I failed. I failed both of you." Ben stated in barely more than a whisper, and Padme hugged him tighter.

"No Ben, you didn't. Look at me." Padme said, guiding his chin to meet her face. "You didn't fail; you just did the wrong thing. Sometimes we all go down the wrong paths, but what's important is we don't give up. That one decision should not define you. Do you understand?" He nodded, and she wiped a few of the tears from his eyes, picking him up and hoisting him against her as he continued to sob into her shoulder.

Yoda looked up at them, a grave expression in his eyes. "Done well, you have, Padawan Skywalker, Knight Kenobi. Return to Coruscant with young Jade, you must. Only there, will his fate be decided. May the Force be with you." They bowed, and then headed off to their separate ships, waiting just above the platform.

Ben's sobs had subsided to small sniffles as Padme held him, and by the time they reached the ship, he was asleep, exhausted from the day's events combined with his earlier fatigue from Tatooine. Padme held him the entire way, refusing to let him go even when Anakin offered to carry him. He did not stir once in Padme's arms, nor did he stir when they reached the ship.

Padme reluctantly removed the tight grip the tiny fists had upon her shirt and spread Ben out on the living area couch, wrapping a blanket around the sleeping boy. His features were peaceful, a sharp contrast from the yellow eyed boy she had seen earlier that day. She took one last glance over her shoulder at Ben, and then left the living area, heading for the cockpit to prepare the jump to hyperspace and the long journey home to Coruscant.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    The mysterious ship glided through a deserted, run down part of Coruscant dotted with many pipelines long since abandoned from constant maintenance. The pilot maneuvers the ship into an abandoned building, activating the walkway and stepping out of the small ship, where a standalone figure was waiting. A silk black cloak dark and as empty as the vastness of space draped the figure, covering up all features but the menacing eyes beneath.

"The Force is with us, Master Sidious." The pilot spoke, bowing as he did so.

"Welcome home, Lord Tyrannus. You have done well." Sidious stated, turning as the figure began to walk with him.

"I have good news for you, Master. The war has started."

"Excellent, everything is going as planned."

Dooku gave a wry smile but silently thought otherwise. While Sidious' plans were on the move, his own were not. His potential apprentice had been captured, and as much as he hated to admit it, he would require assistance in the retrieval of this boy, even if the help was the sole obstacle to the plan. "There is something else, Master. A boy, a very powerful boy, strong in the ways of the force whom goes by the name of Ben Jade."

A thin smile cracked upon Sidious lips, for he knew what was to come. "And you request that this boy be abducted from his place with the Jedi?" A small pause as the words were processed, and then the goal clicked into place.

"Yes, Master. I believe him to be rather…useful for our cause." The figures left the platform then, reaching further into the depths of the building.

"So we shall see, so we shall see." Sidious stated surreptitiously.

Ben ran along the long hallways of the catacombs. They were coming for him, he knew it, but he didn't know who, or what. There were two passages now, and as far as the eye could see, there was no end to these two ways, just different beginnings. The force screeched in warning as the loud footsteps of the figure came closer, he was close now, almost too close. Ben held his breath and took the one to the left, hoping it was the right one. Endless darkness swarmed him, and he tripped several times before continuing. He felt his body began to slow from the fatigue of the effort as he climbed up once more. Sweat drooped off his forehead, singeing scars that were yet to close. Doubling his efforts, he pushed himself forward once more and was stunned to see a large quantity of light emanating just in front of him. It was freedom, freedom from days of treacherous torture inside the catacombs, and he reached for it like a child reached for candy. A cold gust of air hit his body as he plunged out of the catacombs. Breathing in the fresh air, he continued to run up the small, slippery slope that he had arrived upon, passing numerous doors as he climbed. He was almost there now; he could feel it.

The presence was close now, offering warm encouragement as it grabbed him and pulled him the final ways up the cliff. Below them, the sea crashed violently, uplifting rocks in its powerful wake and roaring with the wind. He was standing upon a huge rock with nothing but the sea as company for miles. Around them stood several statues, cracked and rigid from years of wore. The faces stared down upon them as they continued to move towards a small transport on a platform jutting out into the sea. All were calm and serene, and Ben soon realized that the statues were of unlabeled Jedi Masters whom had served the force many years before himself. He stared for a moment before the figure pulled him along.

"Come on, we don't have time!"

The platform was within reaching distance when the force screamed out in warning just as a huge rock hit Jacen in the head, knocking him out instantly.

The figure cackled as it emerged from its hidden spot beneath the rocks. "You have so much to learn, young Ben. Hasn't anyone ever told you, the dark side can be deceiving? Surely your parents would have known…" Ben continued to back up, attempting to pull Jacen with him. "How pathetic. Don't you realize Ben? You've failed. They aren't coming. It would be so much easier to just forget all of this and come back with me."

"No!" Ben screamed, and he force pushed the figure backwards. "Stay away from us! My parents would never abandon me, never!" He said, shake his head. The figure's pleasure resounded through the force, and Ben stopped for a moment. He had just used his first touch of the dark side.

"Good, very good. But you can do better, so much better." He smiled maliciously as he looked down upon them. "Children do not learn without a lesson. Perhaps, it's time I teach you one." He held out his hands as lightning emanated from them, striking Ben head on, and Ben screamed.

"No! Please, stop! Please!"

"The Sith know no mercy, boy. But don't worry, you are of far more use to me alive than you are dead." Ben screamed again, his cries resounding through the force.

Padme awoke to the sound of screaming resonating off the walls of the starship. She quickly got up, hurrying over to the living room, where she was sure they had been coming from. Ben was lying on the couch, writhing in pain as he continued to scream out in agony that sounded far too painful for a child of his age to be experiencing. Padme rushed over quickly, grabbing Ben's arms as he thrashed in an attempt to calm him down. She pulled the boy thrashing and screaming onto her lap, gently hugging him.

The thrashing stopped as suddenly as it had started, and Ben's blue eyes opened to meet her own brown ones. He sat up for a moment and looked around, confused upon why she was holding him, and then, remembering the dream, began to sob. She held him tighter, placing a kiss on his forehead and brushing back his long reddish-gold locks of hair. "It's alright, Ben. It was just a nightmare." He sniffled for a few moments before looking up at her again and speaking.

"No, it wasn't." She looked at him, confused by the grave tone in his voice and the words he had stated. What did he mean it wasn't a dream? How could it be a memory? Could it have been a vision? Shrugging these thoughts off, Padme decided it was best to let Ben tell her the dream, knowing it would help him to get over it and possibly go back to sleep. "Why don't you tell me about it?" She asked, smiling at him.

"I-alright…" He said, hesitatingly slightly before he began. He told Padme everything, from the beginning of the dream, to the end.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Ben awoke to the sound of voices. Looking around in confusion, he noticed that he was lying in a small room, wrapped beneath the covers of the bed. Padme must have taken me to her bed after I told her about my nightmare and fell asleep in her lap, he thought. Yawning, he slowly climbed out from beneath the covers and palmed open the door, heading towards the kitchen where he thought the voices were coming from. He paused for a moment, stopping at the mention of his name in the conversation.

"Ben had a nightmare last night," He heard Padme say a little hesitantly.

Another voice followed with a curious "Oh?" Whom Ben had come to recognize as Obi- Wan Kenobi's.

Padme sighed a little bit, this would be tough to explain. "It was no normal nightmare. I think it had something to do with his Jedi life, something about his master, but what he went through…" She shuddered, remembering how grave Ben's voice had sounded as he retold the story. No child should have a burden like that, she thought.

"Padme," Anakin stated gently, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "If we are ever to help Ben, we need to know what it is." She nodded and reluctantly gave in, ignoring the looks of shock she got from the two Jedi, whom had broken their normal Jedi composure. The two exchanged glances, each knowing what the other was thinking as Obi-Wan put it into words.

"We will have to talk with Ben soon about this, whether he would like to or not." Padme shook her head in sadness, "I'm going to go wake Ben up." She stated as she walked towards the exit to the kitchen.

Ben scrambled from the door quickly, taking a seat at the table and putting an innocent look of childish boredom on his face just as Padme opened the door, stopping her stride as her eyes gazed upon Ben. Had he been listening? She recovered quickly and smiled at Ben's curious glance. "Good morning, Ben." She said, leaning over to give him a hug.

Ben smiled back at her, "Morning." He stated again, trying to feign innocence. She frowned once at him, letting him know that his act was still suspicious. "Breakfast is ready, if you would like anything." She studied him curiously, wondering again if he had overheard them. He looked fine, but knowing Ben, that didn't always mean he was. "Is something wrong Ben?" She asked finally after a moment of the two staring at one another.

"You told, didn't you?" He finally asked. It was more of a statement than a question, and she nodded.

So, he had been listening.

"What all did you hear?" She asked, kneeling down to meet him in the eyes.

Ben glared at her, then looked away. "Everything." He finally said, and she gave him a quick hug.

"Why don't you just tell them, Ben? It can do little harm now, and it is the least you owe Anakin after Tatooine."

Ben shook his head again and pushed away from her embrace. "You'd never understand; you'd never believe me."

Padme wanted to scream at him that she would, that she would do anything in her power to make sure she'd believe him, but she knew she couldn't. "Then help me to understand, Ben." She said, putting her best diplomatic tone behind her voice. She hated using the tone, especially on Ben, for it could be an extremely convincing plea, but she knew it was necessary. Ben sighed and relaxed into her arms.

"Promise me, that you'll believe me?" Ben asked, looking up at Padme. Tears formed in his eyes now, and Padme gently wiped them away.

"I promise." She stated.

Ben took little note of Anakin and Obi-Wan, who now stood watching the two as Ben began his story. "What if I started by telling you that my name isn't Ben Jade?" Padme nodded, gently prodding him to continue the story as Ben let out a hesitant sigh. "My name… it's not Ben Jade. It's Ben-Ben Skywalker." Padme and Anakin exchanged glances for a moment, but whatever signs of shock upon Anakin's face were gone within the minute. Ben continued on, ignoring Padme's glance over at Anakin. "I'm the son of Luke Skywalker, who is the son of Anakin Skywalker."

This time, it was Obi-Wan's turn to gaze upon Anakin, but Anakin ignored it and decided to ask Ben a question of his own.

"Ben, do you know who your grandmother is?" He asked, knowing the answer to come.

To his surprise, Ben just shook his head sadly. "My grandmother died in childbirth giving birth to my father and Aunt Leia. I never knew her, nor did I know my grandfather."

Horrified, Padme pulled Ben into a hug. "Ben! Why didn't you tell us sooner?" She asked.

"I didn't think you'd believe me." He said, shaking his head again. Anakin stood there in shock, how could his own grandson not know him, or his grandmother? He had assumptions now on whom Ben's grandmother might be, and he was sure Padme had an idea too, though he refused to speak in front of his master who stood in shock over the events that unfolded before him.

Slowly, Anakin approached Ben's side and gently laid a hand on his shoulder. "Do you know how I died, Ben?" He wasn't sure he was ready to hear it, and he was grateful to watch as Padme covered Ben's mouth in a swift move, refusing to let go even as he struggled against her grip.

"You aren't ready to know, and Ben has no right to tell you, not yet, at the very least."

Anakin was about to argue with her when Obi-Wan stepped in. "She's right, Anakin. Ben cannot tell us until you are truly ready." He turned to Ben, who was still struggling against Padme's grip. "You will not tell us, not until the time is right. You will tell us only the information we need to know at the time we need to know it." He waved his hand over the struggling Ben, willing the command into the force to reach Ben. Ben's shields protested as his force suggestion gently weaved over them, but it seemed the force was on his side as Ben nodded meekly in return.

"How about we go eat breakfast? The Panna Cakes are ready." Ben's eyes lit up, and he squirmed excitedly in Padme's grip.

She giggled and released him, "Panna cakes?" He asked with excitement, running hastily towards the kitchen.

"I think we should all follow his lead." She said, nodding towards Obi-Wan and Anakin as they followed Ben into the kitchen.

Anakin stopped her just before they reached the door, waiting for the door to close behind Obi-Wan in the kitchen. "I think we both know who Ben's grandmother is." He stated.

Padme nodded. It would definitely explain the strange protectiveness she felt around Ben, and she knew there was only one person that Anakin loved in this world as much as his mother. "It's me." She stated without question as Anakin nodded.

"I thought the same" He said, and Padme sighed. "We have to look after him, you know. There's no one else that can."

Padme nodded and smiled up at Anakin. "He will be safe with us. I'm sure you'll make a great grandfather, old man." She teased.

"Hey! That's not fair!" He stated, and she giggled as they walked in and sat down at the table.

The Panna Cakes steamed on the plates as she watched in amusement as Ben eagerly dove in to them, picking off a piece with his hands and shoving it into his mouth. "Do you want them cut?" He nodded as he continued to chew on a mouthful of Panna Cakes. Grabbing a knife, Padme cut the Panna Cakes up into neat stacks, carefully applying bantha butter and carbo syrup in even amounts. She handed the plate back to him, smiling as he dug in with his fork.

Ben finished his Panna cakes and looked up to find Anakin trying to suppress his snickering. "What?" Ben asked, clearly annoyed.

"I can see now where your love of Panna cakes comes from." And then they burst out laughing.

The Naboo Starship arrived on Coruscant the following day. Ben clung to Padme as the ramp lowered and they exited to be met with a single visitor upon the landing platform. Obi-Wan and Anakin bowed respectfully as they came forward to meet the visitor, who nodded his head in acknowledgment of Padme before bowing in return.

"Master Kenobi, Padawan Skywalker, a pleasure to see you both." The visitor stated. "The council has been expecting your return. I hope you had a safe trip?"

"As well as possible with this Padawan of mine, Master Windu." Obi-Wan stated sarcastically, smiling at the glare Anakin gave him.

Mace Windu smiled in return, before looking down upon the small boy who still clung protectively to the Senator. "This is the boy; I presume?" He asked as Anakin nodded.

"The council will convene upon his fate soon, for now, Master Kenobi, Padawan Skywalker, the council would like to see you now." The two bowed once again as was customary, and headed for the awaiting air taxi, who's droid driver looked as impatient as any droid could be.

"Ben, why don't you go tour some sites with Padme? It's going to be a while before the council calls for you." Ben jumped with excitement, causing Padme to giggle as she led the boy off. "Have you ever been to Coruscant before, Ben?" She asked him, and Ben looked up at her, a sad look on his face.

Should I tell her? Ben thought. No. The horror would be too great for her. Nobody, not even his own father, could understand the amount of suffering he had felt during the war. It had scared him for life over the force. That was, until Jacen came along. Jacen, Ben thought. I miss him.

Seeing no other option, Ben lied. "No, and I wouldn't have been able to see it like this anyway."

Padme frowned, but chose not to comment upon the statement that Ben made. "Come on then, I'll show you the sites. What do you want to see first?"

Ben quickly forgot about his self-respective mood, and bounced with excitement, unsure of what to choose. There were so many places on Coruscant, and he didn't know where to start.

Padme laughed, relishing in the memory of Anakin's first reaction to Coruscant, which had been so similar to Ben's own. "How about the senate building?" She suggested, taking Ben's hand upon his nod and waving over another taxi. Anakin watched them go before stepping into his own taxi, which was heading towards the Jedi temple.

Anakin and Obi-Wan bowed as they entered the council chambers, taking their respectable places in the center as master and padawan. Mace Windu got straight to the point as soon as the doors had closed behind them. "Padawan Skywalker, you have disobeyed your orders by going directly to your Master."

Anakin sighed, he had been ready for the scolding, but it did not make it any less intimidating as it already was. "Your orders were to stay with the Senator, but you failed to state that we were both to remain on planet. The Senator made her own decision to go to Geonosis. I accompanied her as was ordered."

Mace Windu nodded, recalling the conversation. "So I did. Thank you for your honesty, Padawan Skywalker."

The Council began to discuss the events upon Geonosis, and Obi-Wan and Anakin remained silent, only recounting their stories when questions were directed upon them.

"I have to admit, without the clones, it would not have been a victory." Obi-Wan finally stated, surprising the council members.

"Victory? Victory, you say?" He paused for a moment, a solemn look settling upon his face. "The shroud of the dark side has fallen, began, the Clone Wars has."

The other Masters shook their heads sadly before Anakin spoke up again. "Masters, if I may, I request that Ben Skywalker be brought forward for testing."

Mace Windu nodded in agreement. "Go, bring young Jade before us. May the force be with you." The two nodded and bowed respectfully, leaving the room to retrieve Ben.

Ben was walking through the senate building behind Padme and looking around in amazement as Padme briefly explained the history of the building and its many functions, when her comm went off. She answered it swiftly, speaking quietly with the person upon the comm before finally switching it off and turning to face Ben. "Unfortunately, Ben, we're out of time. Maybe we can do this later after your meeting with the council?" She asked, smiling as Ben nodded in excitement. Together, they walked out of the building and towards the platform where Obi-Wan and Anakin were to meet them. The Senate building gleamed behind them with the setting of the sun in all its glory, a symbol of peace, justice, and security as it would be now, and forever.

22. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh and some clarification here... pana cakes= Star Wars version of pancakes. :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intense action =D= How ironic to think that this is the means to an end and this is the only way to stop the wars from happening :( when it is actually the very way they will happen, all over again. :eek: [face_thinking] Ben has unfortunately fallen into the Sithly trap of lopsided thinking.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. enzo90

Mar 28, 2016
    Definitely. And unfortunately with his Skywalker like thinking... I don't think he'll get out of it any time soon.:( Even though EU canonically Ben doesn't like to admit it- his father is the one who carries him on that right path. This is touched upon a lot by the EU authors through subtle hints- though not specifically until after Mara's death ( :( ), which makes sense in the end, as Mara's death is what brought father and son together. Whereas mother brought forward the ideas of motherly love (and strict parenting LOL), Luke was able to bring forward the true moral values that Ben carries himself with as a Jedi. Some of these moral values came from Jacen as well, though as we know, Jacen went down the wrong path, twisting Ben's ideas of right and wrong. In some ways, as much as a lot of people today are mad about it, Mara Jade's death was necessary for Ben to get on the right path.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Commenting on later updates, I am glad that Ben is returned to normal for the time being and has shared and unburdened himself. His situation is indeed unique and will shape many important decisions. [face_thinking] Love Padme's empathy. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Windu are in character as well; focusing on the bigger picture in the latter two cases. Anakin is LOL absorbed in Padme. ;) Dooku and Sidious natururally are manipulative and deceitful, which makes Ben even more vulnerable to their influence.

AzureAngel2 likes this.