main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rise of Black Sun [No Longer Accepting New Players]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by General Immodet, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Star Wars: Rise of Black Sun (set in 33 BBY)
    “It is a criminal syndicate. Its influence is felt on every planet from the Core Worlds to the Outer Rim. Black Sun has existed for hundreds of years, and embedded itself in the very fiber of the Galaxy. The resources at their disposal are almost limitless. The soldiers under its command number in tens of thousands”

“Black Sun is organised under one master. Beneath him are nine lieutenants… nine Vigos… who curry favor with the master and vie for power. Each Vigo is responsible for an entire system, each with their own army of enforcers and base of operations”

Alexi Garyn, the leader of Black Sun, is dead! His lifeless body was discovered in his fortress on the planet Ralltiir. All nine Vigos were murdered as well, leaving the galaxy spanning criminal organization leaderless.
    Some crime lords take matters into their own hands and try to restore Black Sun to its former glory. Assassination, bribing, smuggling, piracy, blackmail, intimidation, extortion, kidnapping, money laundring… All means are permitted. The Galaxy will be reminded that Black Sun is far from dead!

There are, however, many threats to Black Sun’s existence. The Hutt Cartels seem to be aware of Black Sun’s fragile situation and have been profiting from it. Former allies, such as the Bando Gora cult, no longer take orders from Black Sun. To make things even worse, the Galactic Republic and the Jedi have started an investigation and are determined to crush Black Sun once and for all. Finally, a mysterious hidden enemy has been responsible for Alexi Garyn’s death and has been manipulating every single event from behind the scenes.

2. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Rulebook:

Rule 1: Eligibility to participate
    This game is open to all members of the Jedi Council Forums. Players may join and leave at any time. To join the game, a player needs only add themselves to the official game roster and indicate on which planet their base of operation is situated.
    Players may leave the game by removing themselves from the roster. A player may be removed from the game for violating the ToS or the forum rules at the discretion of the forum moderators. A player may also be removed from the game when the player has been inactive for a period of thirty consecutive days without giving prior notice of an absence.

Rule 2: Leadership
    The leadership of Black Sun will be made up of nine Vigos. Those Vigos hold power over other members of Black Sun. The job of the Vigos is to manage the game. They will introduce scenarios that fit into the timeline, report how the efforts of Black Sun affect the galaxy as a whole, recognize or deny plans of other users and attempt to keep the game fun for all members.

The Vigos will be asked to elect a Black Sun Overlord who will be placed in charge of the criminal organization as a whole.
    Removing a Vigo: A vote of no confidence is allowed against a sitting Vigo. The motion needs to be seconded before it can move forward. Once recognized a 1/2 majority is required for the no confidence vote to succeed. When a Vigo is removed, his place will be taken by a new Vigo which is chosen by the Black Sun Overlord.

Removing the Black Sun Overlord: A vote of no confidence is allowed against the acting Black Sun Overlord. The motion needs to be seconded before it can move forward. Once recognized a 2/3 majority is required for the no confidence vote to succeed. When the Overlord is removed, his place will be taken by a new Overlord. Elections will be held in which all members may participate. Day one and two is to be dedicated to nominations. Every member may be nominated by another. A member may not nominate himself. Days three will be election day. Votes will be PMed to the moderator for tabulation. A member may of course vote for himself.

Each Vigo will be given a specific task. One Vigo might be asked to provide a legal front, another Vigo might be asked to carry out attacks. Once again, the Black Sun Overlord gets to decide which speciality each Vigo is given.

Rule 3: Timeline
    The beginning of the game is set in 33 BBY, exactly one year before the Battle of Naboo (Episode I: The Phantom Menace). The game will move onward from that point on and stick to the Star Wars timeline. Everything that happens in-thread will impact how the game is played.

The materials considered canon for this game are the six films. All EU, novelizations, etc are considered canon as well, but players should be able to enter the game without knowledge of it.

Rule 4: Playing the game
    All members of this game must have a base of operations situated on a planet. Each planet may be represented by only one player. You may solely use planets from the Star Wars universe.
    The main goal of the game is rebuilding of Black Sun. Thus, the game revolves around helping to spread Black Sun’s influence across the Galaxy. Your actions will have an impact on how the game is played, please keep that in mind.

Rule 5: Socializing
    Chatter and socializing in-thread is allowed, provided it is on-topic (“in-character”) and at least somewhat game related.

Rule 6: Socks
    The use of socks (alternative accounts) to play this game to allow yourself multiple entries in the game is prohibited.

Rule 7: Carryover of this game into other SWC threads
    Events, titles, political parties, etc. are confined to this game only. Playing this game in any other thread is forbidden and will be considered off-topic and spam. Likewise, carrying over ranks and conversations from other threads is forbidden and will be considered off-topic and spam.

Rule 8: In-thread problems
    Any problems that arise in-thread should be reported to the forum moderators. If there is a serious problem (flaming, profanity, etc) please contact any moderator online to help with the problem.

3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    aalagartassle likes this.
  4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Dear users,

The first week of the game will be used for subscriptions only. So, anywone who is interested please sign up!

Best regards,

Immodet

5. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Great to see that this game is finally ready!:D
    Shadow Trooper - Corellia

General Immodet likes this.
  6. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
  7. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    I ready for the debauchary!

8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Thank you for joining!

Master Selkath: Indeed, Selkath aren't exactly very criminal... ;)
    aalagartassle: Our money launderer has arrived...
    Shadow Trooper: Good choice... I was doubting whether I would choose Corellia, but at the last moment I didn't.

New players, sign up now!!!

9. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
  10. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  11. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
  12. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
  13. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Looks pretty cool, I'll give it a shot, although I can't promise especially frequent postings.

I'll represent Ryloth, if that's alright.

14. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2003
    Mmmm. This looks like something I'd like to join, it's been a long while for me. I'm interested in RPing a Night-sister enforcer, similar to the one defeated by Darth Maul ( if anyone recalls) or a Ventress type ( mercenary, assassin, bodyguard, you get the idea). I don't suppose Black Sun has a presence in Nar Shaddaa.;) [face_devil]

15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Thank you all for joining.

Vader'sGoodHand: Choosing a lesser known planet provides many creative opportunities.
    Orman Tagge: That is no problem. The evolution of the game can be easily followed. The most important thing is that you have fun.
    Shadowmancer: You seem to be very in-story. Very good. The game is indeed based on the Darth Maul comic in which Alexi Garyn is protected by a Nightsister enforcer. Nar Shaddaa would be a paradise for Black Sun associates.

That makes eight players.

New players, sign up now!!!

Shadowmancer likes this.
  16. DarthW33zy

DarthW33zy Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2014
    I'm excited to see this dark twist on politics play out.

DarthW33zy will be representing Taris.

17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    << Opening message >>

Greetings, my name is Immodet although some of you might now me under a different name. I bring some very bad news to you, my lords. It appears our leader, Alexi Garyn, has been murdered along with all nine Vigos. It seems some of you are already aware of this… Otherwise, there wouldn’t have been that much infighting. This must stop, right now! In order to survive, we need to stay united. Our enemies are tearing us apart as we speak. Black Sun needs to recuperate while it still has the ability to do so. That is why I propose we elect a new Underlord, someone with the capacities to lead us in those hard times. Nominations start now!

<< Closing message >>
    aalagartassle
    Shadow Trooper
    Master Selkath
    Master Mini 907

19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  20. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    I agree with Immodet. I think it could be quite profitable to us all if we can band together and seize power of the organization before our rivals have a chance to steal our credits and power. While I do not desire the position of Underlord myself, I am willing to give my full support to any candidate who wants that position and grants me the following concessions.
    1. That I am granted the position of Vigo
    2. That I am put in charge of smuggling for our entire organization
    I have quite considerable influence throughout the Corellian Trade Spine and am willing to dedicate my considerable resources to any leader who can promise me advancement and profits.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    I concur with General Immodet. With the Hutts threatening our trade routes daily and the onslaught of the Separatist and Republic military now is not the time to quarrel. I will pledge my loyalty to whoever becomes Underload. All I ask is:
    1. To also be made a Vigo
    2. To have control of our militia so that I can protect our trade routes and our mining facilities here on Allyruen.
    We have been able to keep Allyruen out of the Clone Wars due to the influence we have on the Senator to the Republic but the threat is ever growing of the Republic losing this war.

22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Good to see you all understand the graveness of the situation. Still, all this talking will get us nowhere. We need to nominate candidates for leadership, my lords.

OOC: Vader'sGoodHand - The game starts in 33 BBY, just before TPM. The Clone Wars has not begun yet, but maybe we get there someday...

23. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    I myself do agree with Immodet and we must stand strong in these very turbulent times. We must stabilize the organization as well as get to the bottom of these murders. I personally knew our leader and I am sadened by his death but we must move on and establish the new leadership.

I put my name forward to be considered to become the new Underlord of this organization. I will do everything in my power to lead this organization into a new golden age.

24. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    I, Shadow Trooper, formally nominate Master Selkath for the position of Black Sun underlord. Someone needs to take control in these difficult times, and Master Selkath shows initiative and leadership by offering to take up the mantle of Underlord.

25. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.