main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rise of Black Sun [No Longer Accepting New Players]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by General Immodet, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Does anybody have any suggestions with how to deal with the Trade Federation? We are currently too weakened to challenge them directly, especially since we also still have to contend with the Hutts. They must have orchestrated the purging of our upper ranks in order to ensure that we could not directly interfere with them. Their blockade is also too powerful for us to land any forces planet side to reinforce our trapped associates. Doing anything on Naboo at the moment seems likely to fail.

2. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2003
    Overlord, Vice Lord, Vigos,

I have some disturbing news. As you already know, our former Overlord Alexi Garyn was protected by a particularly powerful bodyguard. Mighella,Nightsister of Dathomir. This fact alone should have rendered the Overlord as a virtually untouchable being, for Mighella was not only an exceptional combatant with very few peers, she was also very powerful in the darkside of the Force.

This is why her defeat has been a mind numbing puzzle…until now.
    No single fallen Jedi, dark or otherwise could have taken her down. She was easily the equal, if not superior to any jedi master. Whoever killed her had to be exceedingly powerful in the dark arts, on levels we have not seen in a very long time. I’ve discussed the matter with my contacts on Dathomir. Given the facts gathered thus far, that being of the assassin’s methods of operation, supposed weapon of choice, proficiency with the darkside…and most importantly, something we found out recently…facial markings; we were left with one conclusion after much deliberation.

We strongly suspect…. { Shadowmancer pauses uncharacteristically }…that our zabrak assassin might be a sith.

{ There’s another brief pause }

It was no easy matter arriving at this conclusion. Our powerful augurs, oracles and psychometrists are highly adept at revealing the identity of all but the most elusive quarry in the galaxy entire. This zabrak seems to be such a being, which is all too convenient, save for the single fact that he may be a sith, who are masters of cloaking and deception.

The sith: Sworn enemies of the Jedi. Defeated and believed to be extinct for a millennia. Greedy expansionists and titanic darksiders that once dominated all they surveyed in the galaxy. Their greed for power and inherent selfish natures brought about their own end, that is, aided by the Jedi, of course. They’ve faded into myth…until now.

If this zabrak assassin is indeed a sith, which is the only conclusion that makes sense, then we must strongly reconsider our tactics. Make no mistake, I still want him dead, but as I said, some changes must be made.

As for The Trade Federation; We recently sent some infiltration units alongside saboteurs into their midst. Their mission was to slice into their data systems and create some havoc. This was also a test to see how well they were protected against such attacks. It appears that the Techno Union has provided them with the latest and most efficient data protection to be found. At least we can now confirm that the Techno Union is also in league with the Trade Federation.

Also, as a side note, our analysts did not see the profitability regarding the blockade of Naboo, deeming the move to be politically motivated. Now that we’ve learned of this plasma export, things have changed. We must extract Vigo KrazAgteli if we wish to learn more. Landing on Naboo might take some clever maneuvering, like staging an accident and sacrificing a ship. Getting off planet- now that could be a worthy challenge.

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Vigos, momentarily you can watch some very interesting news on your holonet channels...
    Queen Amidala of Naboo has just addressed the Senate about the invasion of her homeplanet.
    Instead of taking immediate action, the Chancellor decided to send a commission to Naboo.
    This commission will report whether Amidala's accusations against the Trade Federation are correct or not.
    The Senator of the Trade Federation's, Lott Dod, has been once again stalling time.
    The Senate seems to be completely divided. The integrity of the Supreme Chancellor himself has even been questioned by one of his closest friends.
    ---
    Naboo is the ideal planet for a blockade. Without a strong defense force, the people of Naboo had no way to offer any resistance.
    Almost no one would be able to challenge the Trade Federation nowadays. Most certainly not when it has help of other conglomerates.
    Although I first thought Sith only existed in fairy tales, it seems the Trade Federation has found one...
    Like in the old days, a Sith has been given control of an army... In this case, an army of battle droids.

Shadowmancer likes this.
  4. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Wow. The Trade Federation was actually stupid enough to fire on the Jedi negotiators. Even if the vote goes in favor of the Trade Federation and the Republic stays out of the conflict, I highly doubt that the Jedi will follow their example. Perhaps we can time our operation to extract our assets to match the Jedi's attack. If a Sith is truly leading the Trade Federation forces they would likely be more concerned about fighting off the Jedi than finishing off Black Sun, giving us an opening to get past the blockade.

General Immodet and Shadowmancer like this.
  5. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003
    Political intrigue makes both strange and interesting news indeed. If the point here is to assassinate the Chancellor's character, then it's being executed brilliantly and quite publicly. I very much doubt he would ever recover. The danger the Trade Federation poses is far greater than we thought, especially if a sith is controlling things from the shadows. History has clearly shown what a Sith Lord with an army at his beck and call is capable of.

Regarding our Vigo trapped on Naboo: I must agree with Vigo @Shadow Trooper. If a conflict does take place on Naboo, that would be the best time to retrieve our assets. That would be a prime window of opportunity. I second his tactical suggestion. All that is left to do is gain intel on when an attack will take place.

General Immodet likes this.
  6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Like you mentioned before, Shadowmancer, the difficult part will be getting through the blockade.
    Even if the Jedi decide to attack the blockade, there are still plenty Trade Federation ships left to blast a vessel out of the sky.
    You also need to keep in mind that landing is just the beginning... Then, you must hide from a massive battle droid army.
    Locating KrazAgtlei won't be easy we have lost contact with her for several days.
    Also, we must prepared face this Zabrak Sith Lord and show him how Black Sun deals with enemies...

Is anyone volunteering for this mission? Do any of you have a plan in mind?

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
  9. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003
    Yes, I am drafting out an infiltration and extraction plan that will require several revisions as we get updated information, as well as input from the other Vigos.
    I'm also volunteering myself and a trusted subordinate for this mission. There will be no margin for error here. I shall inform you as soon as possible as to the nature of said plan.

10. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    I will also volunteer my forces for this mission. My smugglers have years of experience running blockades and thus would be very useful for getting our operatives past the Trade Federation's ships.

11. DarthW33zy

DarthW33zy Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2014
    The extraction of KrazAgtlei is an important priority, however, making a move on Naboo would be near suicide at this point in time. We have all risen to power by displaying our strongest attributes and in an organization such as ours, being able to survive with limited resources at any given time is a skill I think we all have proven to share. KrazAgtlei is no doubt in need of assistance but I think she can hold out until a better opportunity arises for us to take advantage of.

While we wait for such an opportunity, I suggest we do what we can to cripple the Trade Federation financially and physically. We know what organizations are in league with the Trade Federation and what organizations are being oppressed by them. We should extend a helping hand to the desperate and use what allies we can gain to strike at the heart of the Federation. I'm sure a few bribes here and there will look very appealing to the struggling corporations trying to compete and once we have a few of them in our pockets we can bend them to our will. No one associated with the Trade Federation will suspect Black Sun as the cause of the chaos that will ensue because no one else will know of our dealings with our newly attained clients. By the time word does get around of our dealings there will be no one left to confirm the rumors because, like all who oppose us, they will be....silenced.

I can make a visit to the Senate to browse for puppets or find out where a suitable partnership can be made. Then again, if none of you are worried about drawing attention to Black Sun, we could always use our own resources to destroy something of the Trade Federation's.

Shadowmancer likes this.
  12. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Vigo DarthW33zy. Perhaps you should consult the expertise of aalagartassle for this operation. While your plan of striking at the Trade Federation has some merit, I have to disagree with your assessment of the Naboo situation. Shadowmancer and I have worked together before. Her people are the masters of Covert Ops. The Trade Federation will never notice the presence of a single ship and two operatives, especially when they have bigger concerns like the Jedi to deal with.

Shadowmancer likes this.
  13. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    I am for the operation but we need to deal with the trade federation on a stealth scale. Hurt them slowly, as if we go to war with them the Hutts will divide and conquer our resources at the same time the trade federation is attacking us. I do suggest however that financially they have deep pockets and now physically they have amassed enough fire power to control planets. However if as a organisation break a slither of financial burden, drive up the price or completely flood a market, we can hurt the trade federation.

I also have a very sneaky idea.
    If it is one of these Sith that has taken our commanders away, why don't we go to the Jedi and provide information to them [highly biased to our cause] so they may track and eliminate the threat without the loss of manpower. Our spies supply us information, whether good or bad, but we could effectively get the jedi to move to locations like Hutt worlds or Federation controlled areas and disrupt there activities, while we give the Jedi over time so information of what happened.

I'm sure they would be interested in the holocron as well... more disinformation more disruption to our enemies strongholds

Shadowmancer likes this.
  14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    My spies tell me Queen Amidala and some of her Jedi protectors have boarded a ship and left Coruscant.
    I think it is highly probable that they are returning to Naboo... If something is going down, it will happen soon.
    Meanwhile, the Senate will be electing a new Chancellor to lead the Republic.

Personnally, I think the power of the Trade Federation is too strong at the moment.
    Still I trust in your capabilities, but we do need a good plan.
    Shadowmancer: Breaking through the blockade and evading the droid army will be a suicide mission. If you are going forward with this, I wish you good luck.
    DarthW33zy: I think aalagartassle is correct. Challenging the Trade Federation must be done very carefully.

Shadowmancer likes this.
  15. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Perhaps we should ask the Overlord, Master Selkath for permission before we take any further action against the Trade Federation. As the leader of this organization, a decision of this magnitude should have his input.

16. Shadowmancer

Apr 16, 2003
    [Vigos, if you are receiving this message, it's because I've already left the 'nest' and the mission to extract Vigo KrazAgtlei is in progress. I'm accompanied by a most cunning shapeshifting associate who will pass as a neimoidian tech, or anyone else if necessary. Infiltration should not be too difficult per se. Finding our lost Vigo and performing the extraction will be. Hopefully the omens and our intel are correct. We could use a conflict to mask our escape. As you know, only neimoidians are capable of using communications. We will update you if at all possible. Shadowmancer out.] *end of transmission*

17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    [​IMG]

Shadowmancer seems to have gotten lucky. The Jedi and their allies have begun attacking the Trade Federation just now...
    This is the opportunity we have been waiting for.

Shadowmancer likes this.
  18. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I ask to circumvent the jedi to give false information of SITH on Hutt and Federation held worlds. Disrupting the other cartels influence and letting us improve our lot. In this we may also find information from the jedi about the ZABRACK SITH.

19. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    My smugglers are ready to run the blockade. The Trade Federation has deployed more than enough troops to have easily subdued our Naboo garrison, even if the bulk of their army was tied up fending off the Republic. We should be prepared for the possibility that our headquarters on Naboo is under Trade Federation control. Hopefully our Vigo was smart enough to destroy anything incriminating. If the TF has access to the personal files of one of our Vigos, we could be in trouble.

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Shadow Trooper: Maybe one of your smugglers could try to establish contact with Shadowmancer. Let me know who is gaining the upperhand in the battle once you get the chance.

aalagartassle: I suggest DarthW33zy and yourself work together in this matter. You both seem to have some plans to disrupt the activities of our enemies.

Shadowmancer likes this.
  21. DarthW33zy

DarthW33zy Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2014
    aalagartassle: If you wish it, I shall make contact with the Jedi Temple since I am here on Coruscant. I can provide them with rumors of the sith menace and focus some of their attention on that while you set your plan in motion to fortify our assets. If disruption of our enemies is our first step to final victory, we will take this step now.

22. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    An excellent suggestion Vigo, Rememeber the Jedi will also have your assets under survelience as anything but thorough. Be that as it may they are blinded by their goal of extermination of the Sith and will look past minor indescretetions. I suggets some information about trade federation worlds with the citing of Sith.I suggest Dorvalla as the planet of interest as it will slap the trade federations lomite production.

23. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    General Immodet I have the reports you have requested. My operatives report that the Battle of Naboo is over. While Shadowmancer and her assassins were able to take back our base from the Trade Federation and recover our spice and blasters stored on the planet, we found no sign of Vigo Kraz Atgeli. We must assume that the Vigo is slain. Some one must take over operations in this sector until a replacement can be found.
    I am also getting reports from our informant in the Senate that the Jedi have slain the Zabrak Sith. The Battle of Naboo has effectively removed both the Zabrak assassin and the Trade Federation as threats to our organization. I think we can safely turn our attention back to business now that the crisis is over.

24. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    The jedi will still wish to pursue the Sith, either for a background on activities or to find a link to more Sith. It will still pay to push the Jedi into enemy controlled terriotory to disrupt their activities

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Rise of Black Sun: part II
    The galactic criminal organization known as Black Sun was caught in a large conspiracy, resulting in the death of its leadership. Overlord Alexi Garyn and all nine Vigos were brutally murdered by an assassin in their fortress on Ralltiir. Ever since, Black Sun has been trying to rebuild itself from the ashes. A new council of Vigos was chosen to lead the criminal organization through the dark days ahead. New alliances were forged with influential people, such as Gargonn the Hutt and Mr. Blue. After a while, Black Sun learnt the true identity of the mysterious enemy who executed Alexi Garyn. Apparently, a Zabrak Sith Lord had been conspiring with the Trade Federation to have the criminal organization destroyed. All those events lead to the Battle of Naboo in which the Zabrak assassin was killed by the Jedi. Although the Trade Federation no longer seems to pose a threat, there still are others who have been gaining influence from Black Sun's unstability. The criminal organization's battle for survival is far from over...​
    OOC: This would be the ideal moment for new players to join in! From now on, there is also much more liberty for players to come up with their own storylines.​

Shadowmancer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.