main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Rise of Black Sun [No Longer Accepting New Players]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by General Immodet, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Combo With Darth Master Titus
    IC: Resht Yillarni, Pax and Ciro
    Tatooine

Mosep Binned.

It was a distinct name that stuck in Resht Yillarni's head the whole way back to Mos Espa. As the old Landspeeder they rented glided across the sand in the face of the rising twin suns.

Resht wasn't a genius by any means, but he was experienced. And in all his years of bounty hunting he picked up a few trivia bits here and there. And it was only because of that he knew where to start his hunt.

Mosep Binned, it was a cultural name, one that marked him clearly. This being was a Nimbanel. And with that Resht recalled the rumor he had heard the previous day.
    A being, with a Nimbanels features, posing as Jabba, had gone to a dealer called 'Walds parts' to shop. Somehow he doubted shopping was all that Mosep was doing, but he couldn't rush to any conclusions.

Those two other hunters, Ciro a Pax were in the back seat as Resht drove.
    What was he going to do with them? He had agreed to give them a lift back to Mos Espa, but something else was up, he just knew it.

Resht was a loner by nature, and while the two had not exactly proven competent in his eye's, they had proven reliable. They had skills and talents that could be of use. But the idea of splitting the bounty didn't exactly appeal to him.

They were approaching the space port now, so he shouted back over the screeching motor, and flying sands that
    somewhat dampened his hearing. "Almost back boys, we just gotta round that bend!"

Cousins Pax and Ciro were livid in the back of the landspeeder. They have just gotten word from the Vigo council, specifically Immodet, saying there evidence was not sufficient. They cursed among themselves and rightfully so. They had gone on a suicide mission inside one of the largest gangsters' (quite figuratively and literally, might I add) palace and escaped in the nick of time.

Now it was not good enough. What more could they do? And how could Resht prove the difference maker..

In combination with this speeder, the wind made it nearly impossible for Resht to hear them speak, so they turned to each other. "Well, our option is sticking with this guy for a little while longer."

"Yeah, I don't like it either. He wants us out of his hair just as much as we do."

Resht broke the silence between himself and the two mercenaries, "Almost back boys, we just gotta round that bend!"

Ciro shook his head. "Change of plans. We've been told to accompany you further. Our evidence didn't prove proficient. Previously, you followed our lead. Now..now we shall follow yours."

None of the three men were thrilled.

Mos Espa had just came into view and Resht cursed under his breath.
    Immediately he began thinking of ways to rid himself of this extra baggage.
    To much to hope for a sarlacc pit to be near by?
    No, no. He didn't like it, but maybe he could fined a use for these two.
    Plus their tone gave him the indication that they weren't going to give him much of a choice.

And he was certain he could find a way to lose them before he went to turn in the bounty.

The twin suns were about half way up now, and as the old clunker of a speeder began to decelerate the bounty hunters hearing significantly improved.

He spoke in a brash, no nonsense tone. "Fine, just watch where you interfere, this is my bounty, and I don't like to share."

They passed the first building, and small crowds were seen about.

"We're going to speak to a dealer called Wald. Talk around town says someone important visited him the other day. And I wanna find out who this guy is."

To be Continued

2. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    IC: Coruscant/ Rish Tayn

Rish Tayn hobbled into his bedroom and turned out the lights. He rubbed his left knee that always gave him pain as he flashed off the holo emitter of a young women with purple skin, no more than fifteen years old. He sighed and placed the holo on his nightstand, rolled over, and closed his eyes. Not for long, however. He felt a cold breeze flow in as a window came open. Rish sat up in bed and reached for his blaster that sat on the nightstand beside the holo.

"Lights on," he ordered and the automated system flashed the lights on at his command. All he saw was his fine black carpet, grey steel walls, and an open window. He looked around curiously, then moved to shut the window. Rish slammed the window, grumbling, and turned back to his bed... and then, his heart stopped for a long moment. There was a lump under his dark blue satin blankets. A lump in the shape of a body. His mind flew with possibilities, none good. Without a second thought he fired rapidly into the lump, seven blaster bolts leaving burnt holes in the blanket. Not a sound, nor a movement... nothing. Rish walked up to the bed and threw the covers off and there lay a young women... no more than fifteen with purple skin. It was the young women from his holo on his nightstand. Rish gasped and collapsed to the bed, cradling the body. "No!" he cried out, then stopped as his hands went through the image and met nothing but a lump of blankets. The holo display flickered and the young women vanished. There was, in fact, nothing but a lump of blankets. "What is going on?" Rish asked, evident fear in his voice. He turned around and there in his face was the barrel of an A-15 Searing blaster rifle. His eyes followed the rifle to it's wielder and there stood a figure clothed in black with a mask. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"I want you," the man said with an ominous tone. "Now drop your pistol."

"I assure you, this will be your last mistake!" Rish scolded, sounding confident, yet tossing his blaster to the side. "Do you know who I am?"

The man chuckled and slowly slid off the mask. "Oh... I know who you are." There before the Kel Dor stood Glade Myst. "And the mask wasn't for you." Glad shrugged. "Well, maybe for a little shock right at first, but mostly because I had to make sure no one saw me enter your room."

Rish Tayn stood wide eyed and mouth open as if he didn't know what to say. "Wha... Why? What do you think you are doing?! You are climbing the ranks of the crime families finally, just like you always wanted to! Are you just going to throw that all away? For what? What do you want from me?"

Glade chuckled. "I'm climbing the ranks alright... your just another rung on the ladder. Fortunately what I want is simple. Your signature." Glade furrowed his brow in a thoughtful way. "Twice."

"My... my signature?" Rish asked.

"Naming me as your successor after your death," Glade said bluntly.

Rish scoffed. "And the second signature?"

"Making my child a legal and protected member of the Crime Families."

Rish scowled. "Your child? You don't have a child!"

"Not yet," Glade said. "But it's due in four months."

Again Rish scowled, perhaps harder this time. "It's that slave girl of yours isn't it? You know those things are forbidden without the approval of the council and a full check into the genetics of the proposed parent to be sure they are-"

"Just sign." Glade shoved the data pad in Rish Tayn's face, the two documents already loaded.

Rish, however, only laughed. "Why? Why should I? If you kill me you loose both things you are after. You can't obtain my position without my signature and none of the other lords will sign for your illegitimate child! Why would I sign? Just so I can give you everything you want right before you kill me? I don't think so! If you are going to kill me you are going to have to do it without my signature. Either way, looks like you are in some trouble. When the crime lords find out it was you who killed me they will catch you and punish you. If you let me live, however, I might be merciful."

Glade just shook his head. "I'm not in any trouble at all." Glade nudged the rifle closer. "You don't recognize this rifle do you? Of course, it has been thirteen years...to the day."

At that Rish's eyes grew wide. "It's an A-15 Searing blaster rifle." His voice was airy, shaky, and unstable. "H- how?" he shook his head. "How did you find out it was me?"

"I arrived to find my father moments after you shot him with this rifle." Glade answered. "He told me it was you!" Glade prodded Rish with the barrel of the rifle hard enough to knock him back on the bed.

Rish stumbled back and clenched his knee, standing back up. "All this time, you knew?" He shook his head. "It makes no difference. It had to be done. Your father was a loose cannon. He would have damaged the organization for his own agenda. It seems the apple has not fallen far from the tree. No... I will not sign your documents."

Glade reached in his pocket and pulled out a holo emitter. "Oh... you will. You are going to do for my child what you refused to do for me all those years ago. My father came to you and you refused him. Do you have any idea what I've been through to get into this organization? Tests, Trials, University... when all I would have needed is your signature. Now, you are going to do for my child what you would not do for my father's child. " He turned the holo emitter on and there was a picture of the young purple skinned women from Rish's holo.

As hard as Rish tried he could not hide the surprise on his face. "Why would that convince me to sign?"

"Because you want the same thing as I do," Glade told him. "Safety... for your daughter." Rish grew nervous and sweat beaded on his forehead. "I can give her that safety. Once you sign for my child and give me your position, after your unfortunate demise, I will sign for your daughter's acceptance and protection into the Crime Families. You have my word... unlike your word, that actually means something."

"Tha- that's not my daughter," Rish continued the act. "She clearly is not Kel Dor!"

"No," Glade admitted. "She isn't." He flipped off the holo and stuck it back in his pocket. "You aren't either, though. I mean you look like one and all, but DNA says you are a Twi'Lek." Glade smirked. "It's amazing what modern technology can do. Even change you from one species to another... but it can't change your DNA." Glade reached out and pushed the data pad closer to Rish.

With a sigh of defeat Rish caved. He might have been a crime lord but he would do anything to keep his daughter safe. Even sacrifice his own life. With his signature signed and authenticated by Glade's data pad program Rish closed his eyes and prepared for his death. There in the blackness as his eyes were closed he heard Glade speak one last time.

"I'm half surprised you signed. I guess you do care about her... funny, though, that you never recognized her. Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep her safe... her and our baby." Glade laughed as Rish's eyes shot open with shock as he made the realization that Glade's "Slave Girl" was his very own daughter. "Good by, Father-in-Law." Glade shot before Rish could close his eyes once more. The old crime lord flinched as the bolt headed for his head and struck him between the eyes, then he fell limp. Glade slid his mask back on and left the same way he had entered.

3. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Combo with Dareth Master
    Titus Part 2

Walds Parts

Resht stopped the grey speeder just outside the small dome. The Suns were finally approaching their peek, and the heat was most certainly poring down on them withy a mighty force.

A sign was above the door, and it seemed to have been recently altered with old letters being attached to new ones. But this was definitely the right place.

They entered the establishment quickly, and the Chalacten recognized several junk piles lying about. It seemed the owner was reorganizing.

"Keep your eye's out, we don't know what this guy is like." He whispered to the cousins behind him.

A large noise was heard as a junk pile collapsed on the other side of the room.
    Reshts instinct was to immediately grab for his blaster, but a then a nasally moan was heard from under it. "Ohhh, couldn't Watto have left better records for me when I bought this place?" Then a thin green Rodian came into view. "Oh, hello I'm Wald and this is my shop. What can I do for you three today?"

The Bounty Hunter glanced at the Pax and Ciro and brought the hand that had been on his blaster a moment ago to shake the owners hand.

The Rodian, Wald, greeted the three men when he noticed them. Resht shook the man's hands, but Pax and Ciro did not step forward to greet him. A simple head nod was all they offered.

As he grasped Resht's hand, Pax noticed Wald had a blackened eye, swollen and puffy.

"Say, Wald. We would like to know what happened.." Pax pointed to his own eye, giving the Rodian the hint.

"Ah," Wald chuckled, "It is nothing, trust me."

"Fine. But it does not look like, "nothing"."

"I insist, I was clumsy looking through these files. Ha, you see this place is a mess." Sensing the men were not pleased, Wald continued. "Look, I do not want anything escalating any further. Leave it be, for your own sake."

Ciro chuckled. "Haha, we're men of chance." Pax looked to Resht, "Shall you proceed?"

Resht wasn't buying it, and his body language made that fact clear.
    With a calm demeanor the Chalacten put his arm around Wald, and led him to a near by trash pile, and with a casual gesture pointed at what looked like an old engine unite for a T-10 Skyehopper.

Resht leaned into the Rodian, as hard as that was for him to do, considering the rank smell that was permeating from the being, and whispered.
    "This has something to do with Jabba's new tax doesn't it?"

To anyone else who might be watching it would look like they were discussing a possible sale, though Wald wasn't putting up a very good act.

With a large gulp he spoke in a wobbly tone. "Is that what they're calling it?" Then shook his head quickly. "No, no. I shouldn't be speaking of this."
    Resht held strong, refusing to let the Rodian from escaping his grip.

"Nobody needs to know you told us. Just make it easier on yourself now, and tell us what we want to know. It can't be that big a deal can it?" Wald seemed to be calming now. "Well, its no secret Jabba likes his 'Taxes' so I.. I guess it couldn't hurt..." Resht offered a smile. "Good man." As he patted the Rodians shoulder.

Jabba always found ways to exploit the resident of this dust ball, whether it be a water tax in the middle of a drought, or a court fees required to settle disputes amongst settlers, he always got what he thought was his 'fair share'. So something serious must be up to startled Wald so greatly.

"Well..." he began. "The other day a Nimbanel came in, claiming to be Jabba. I made clear that he certainly could not be Jabba because he was a Nimbanel..." "Go on." Resht prodded.

"Hm, well this guy was surprisingly cordial about the whole thing. He specified that he represented Jabba's interests. He told me that he was disappointed I had not bought Jabba's newest 'Security plan' which came out some months ago. I asked him why I should. After all, Mos Espa may not be the cleanest space port around, but it is no Mos Eisley. Watto, the owner of this shop before me, never required a security plan, so why should I?"

"Yes and?" Resht urged fearful that this 'sale' was becoming awkwardly long, and unbelievable. "Well, I don't want to presume. I have no evidence..."
    Resht shook his head, and with an annoyed look pointed at the price tag in a melodramatic way. "What is it Wald? What happened?"
    Once again the Rodian gulped.

"The Nimbanel gave some veiled warnings, and when I did not back down he left in a calm manner, as I had made it very clear I was not worried...." Wald scratched the back of his head, as he paused for a moment. "But some time later, a couple large Gamoreans came in. They broke a few very expensive items, and gave me this." He gestured to his eye.

"And you think this representative of Jabba sent them?"
    "I don't know. But I was planning on going to buy that protection plan today. I don't want no more thugs coming in breaking my stuff."

Resht glanced back at the cousins still waiting by the door. "Have there been any other sightings of this Nimbanel lately?" Wald Shrugged slightly, but after a moment of thought came up with something of value. "I have a friend, a moisture farmer. He too did not buy the Jabba's plan as a matter of principle when it first came out. Yet only a few hours ago he came into town and insisted he was going to get it. He seemed fearful."

Resht nodded, and slipped the troubled store keeper a few credits. Perhaps he ought to blast him to cover his trail, but with how terrified he seemed Resht doubted he was much of a threat.'

"I'm afraid I can't afford that price. Maybe one of the other shops around will have it marked down." He spoke in a louder tone, before turning back to Pax and Ciro. "Lets go, I think I know someone who has what we need." He offered with a wink.

To be Continued...

4. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Whoops: My bad ignore this.[face_blush]

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Nal Hutta

While preparing Prince Xizor's personal shuttle for departure, Guri received a hologram message from an annoyed mercenary. For days now, the mercenary and his crew had been following their targets all across Tatooine: from Mos Espa to Jabba's Palace, then back to Mos Espa. Although their job seemed easy, the journey hadn't been entirely without danger. Making their way through the Dune Sea, the mercenary had lost two crew members who were picked off by Tusken Raiders. The thug demanded compensation for his men's death. Coolly, Guri responded that the mercenary's compensation consisted of no longer having to share his money with the two deceased gunmen. 'Or, perhaps, your reputation is based on mere rumors and you are not capable of handling the job?', she added. Angrily, the mercenary cut off the communication with his boss, causing his hologrammic shape to fade away. ConservativeJedi321 Darth Master Titus

The conversation had only just been finished when Prince Xizor approached the ship. Two Hutt servants accompanied him, carrying the Falleen's many bags. After dropping off the luggage, one of the servants wished Xizor a safe journey home on behalf of his master, Durga the Hutt. Then, the two disappeared back into the dark hallways of Durga's Palace. Onboard his shuttle, Guri asked why her boss decided to leave Nal Hutta so soon. Surely, he could have used more time together with the new leader of the Besadii clan. Seemingly amused, Xizor answered that he needed to attend yet another funeral. 'On Coruscant, Rish Tayn has finally perished. Although the Crime Families didn't elaborate on the cause of Tayn's death, I am sure he didn't die of natural causes. So, that means the relationship between the several Coruscanti Crime Families, which already was quite unstable, has only become more unstable. I must keep the situation under close watch...', the Falleen Prince further explained himself. Jax Nova Shadow Trooper

6. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    IC: Resht Yillarni, Ciro, and Pax w/@ConservativeJedi321
    Mos Espa;
    Moisture Farm

It was a short ride out of town, though the boiling heat certainly made it seem far longer than the quick commute it was.

There weren't that many Moisture farms in this immediate area, so it didn't take long for them to find the one Wald spoke of. They passed a vaporator, and another. Several droids were out an about, and he noticed a leathery faced woman kneeling by a vaporator picking mushrooms.
    She glanced at them, though he had trouble picking up on the emotions she was projecting, as she appeared tired and worn.

They stopped the speeder outside the main hovel. And Resht offered a similar warning to the cousins as he did before in Walds shop. "Watch our backs, these farmers can be a little rough around the edges. We need to be careful."

And sure enough the moment they hopped out of their speeder they were greeted by a middle aged man with a long blaster pointing right in their direction. "Get off my land you crooks!"

The fact that a bounty hunter and two mercenaries were caught off guard by a mere Moisture farmer did not sit well with Pax. But it was understandable that they had a blaster pointed at them. The farmers were disgruntled and fed up with their current situation.

Ciro glanced at Resht to see his hand was on the hilt of his blaster, and there was no signs of him easing the tension.

Pax caught up on this and was eager to deflate this problem. "Sir, we are no crooks. We've come hear to gather information."

The middle-aged man wasn't buying it. "Yeah, right. And I am an Imperial Grand Moff..". Clearly the man thought himself a jester.

"We have no time to trade jabs, sir. Lower your weapon, and let us talk,". The man lowered the blaster rifle reluctantly and asked, "All right, what do you wish to talk about?"

"A Nimbanel named Mosep Binneed,"

7. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    IC: Coruscant/ Glade Myst and Bookman

Bookman's eyes grew noticeably wider as he gazed into the data in front of him. He shook his head and sighed, though an action of unbelief more than disapproval. "You're serious aren't you?"

Glade stood close by, hands folded behind his back and gazing out a window off to the side of Bookman's desk. "Absolutely."

"You say you have... legal means to do all this?" Bookman questioned. "And more so... why?"

At this Glade turned around. "There is only one thing Black Sun need fear... unrest. Even the crime around these parts has a certain code of conduct. Most of it was put in place by the Crime Families. They won't accept anyone taking control of these families by sheer brutality and theft. The irony is, that a thief hates nothing more than to be stolen from. If we use the Crime Family laws against them, however... no one will be able to raise any kind of public objection and gain traction. The move is bold enough as it is, and will be unpopular. We don't need any added conflict from zealots and rogues."

"Well, on paper it looks fool proof," Bookman admitted. "Naturally I will have to run this by my superiors. This could work well to our advantage. We all know the Crime families are subject due to necessity and not loyalty. They would betray us at the drop of a hat."

"Then I have your blessing to continue?"

"Make the preparations, I have a feeling your ideas will be well received," Bookman confirmed. "But how are you going to get a position as one of the Crime Lords?"

Glade grinned. "That's already been taken care of. As of last night I am officially successor to Rish Tayn, who... met his unfortunate demise shortly after."

Bookman raised a brow but said nothing. The two finalized the discussion and Glade hurried back to his home where he found several guards from the Crime Families waiting for him.

"Well, to what do I owe the visit?" he asked, stepping out of his speeder onto the landing dock.

"It would seem," a voice came from inside the parked Crime Family speeder nearby. The door opened and out stepped the Crime Lord Gribish Nash, a quarren man of middle age. "That you have been appointed as successor to Rish Tayn."

"Really?" Glade said, with faining surprise. "Well, I would expect Rish to come personally with such news."

The quarren gave a hard look. "We know you are the one who killed him Glade... we just can't prove it."

Glade's face lost it's happy go lucky look and fell into a sinister gaze that was cast upon the man like an evil spell. "Well... then this shouldn't surprise you either." He reached out and handed him a data disk. Gribish gaze a questioning look but activated the data. A holographic view screen popped up the quarren's eyes showed fear like a scarred kath hound pup.

"How did you get this?" his voice was shaky.

"That's none of your concern, really. Let's just say I had eight years at the university to... research," Glade said with a wry smile, snatching the data out of his hands. "All you need to know is that if you don't cooperate, this will get out and you will be ruined."

Gribish clenched his fists. "Not if you're dead! Guards... kill him."

Glade laughed an almost sick and demented sounding laughter. "You honestly think I have not covered for that?!" A sigh escaped his lips and he shook his head, looking at Gribish in disappointment. "If I die a dead man's switch, of sorts, is rigged to release all my secret information to the most.. interested parties."

Gribish motioned to his guards to lower his gun. "And what do you want in return?"

"It's simple really," Glade smiled. "I just need your signature."

Gribish scowled. "Why do I get the feeling those are the same words you spoke to Rish, right before you killed him?"

Glade laughed even harder at this. "Very perceptive!" Glade spoke between chuckles. "But," his laughter subsided. "You see Rish had something to hide worth dying for... unfortunately for me you don't. So I simply need your support. Your signature and vote on every movement I make in the council from now on. Of course they will know I've got something on you... but they will never find out what it is as long as you follow my lead."

Gribish stared hard at Glade for a long time, then turned towards his guards. "Take me home... this meeting never happened." He glanced an angry glare at Glade and entered his speeder, zooming off into the busy airways.

"I'll take that as a yes," Glade said with a smile as Gibish's speeder disappeared in the thick traffic.

8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Coruscant

From Bookman's point-of-view, the meeting with Glade Myst had been very amusing, to say the least. While being enslaved to Arok the Hutt, he had stumbled upon people who were equally as ambitious as Glade. Most of them didn't last for very long, ending up in the Besadii's death chambers. Often, they were betrayed by Bookman himself, who acted as a faithful servant for many years. Until, he saw an opportunity to end Arok's rule by working together with Black Sun. This time, he didn't have a stake in the whole situation, so he decided to let Glade's plan play out. After all, his own power would only increase if the Coruscanti Crime Families were distabilized. Leaving the meeting, Bookman walked out of the building through the main entrance, while Glade opted for the back door. As he approached his airspeeder, two heavily muscled Quarren were waiting for him. Before Bookman could say something, he got punched in the stumach. Then, the Quarren dragged him away, putting a bag on his head.

Bookman spent the following hours in a small cell, almost unable to move. Finally, he heard someone open the door. The very same Quarren who had previously abducted him, pulled off the bag from his head. Next, they escorted him towards an interrogation chamber. There, the trio was greeted by the person who appeared to be in charge. Even though the guy belonged to the Quarren species as well, he behaved himself in a different way than the two guards. All the moves he made, were full of grace. The clothes he wore, could only be afforted by the rich. The guy introduced himself as Gribish Nash, head of a Coruscanti Crime Family. The Quarren appologized himself for kidnapping Bookman. Yet, Glade Myst didn't leave him any other choise, Gribish claimed. Whenever someone tried to blackmail him, the Quarren neutralized the threat by gathering blackmail information himself. This time, Bookman happened to be the one possessing this information. Gribish' guards would torture their prisoner until he confessed what Glade was up to. Since he didn't want his clothes to become filthy, the crime lord left Bookman alone with his two underlings.

Days passed. Every time Bookman thought his captors had run out of ideas, they re-entered the room carrying new interrogation tools. Slowly, he felt his mental and physical power fade away. The point of keeping Glade's secret did no longer make any sense. At first, he was confident to keep silent until rescue arrived. Now, it appeared as if no one was coming for him. Surely, Black Sun knew about his disappearance. If the Vigo Council really cared, they could have easily located him. Yet, somehow, they had chosen not to. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened. Before, the Vigo Council tried to pin Arok's murder on him, while at the same time promising him a safe getaway. Clearly, he didn't matter enough for them to care. Gathering all his strenght, Bookman announced that he would talk. Pleased, his guards went away to contact their boss, Gribish Nash. Right at that moment, an explosion could be heard in the other room. The explostion was followed by blaster fire. When the firefight slowly died down, someone unlocked the doors of the interrogation chamber. A Falleen, escorted by beautiful blond woman, walked into the room. 'Well, well, well... The Vigo Council should have stuck to the professionals. Merely a couple of weeks on Coruscant and already taken prisoner. Doesn't sound good, now does it? I think it is about time the two of us had a little chat, Glade. Or should I be calling you colleague?', Prince Xizor said.

9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Final Combo with Darth Master Titus

IC: Resht Yillarni, Pax, and Ciro
    Mos Eisley Space Port
    Docking bay 11

They were coming to the end of their journey, this was a fact Resht just knew. The sly Nimbanel they and been tracking was close, he could practically smell him.

The farmer hadn't been very trusting of them, and considering how Resht made sure to dodge all the mans questions, and lie to his face more than once in regard to the exact reason they were tracking Binneed who could blame him? But Eventually he got the man to cough up what he knew. The farmers had tried to make a stand, though Binned managed to talk them down. He was a crafty one no doubt.

But fortunately the farmers they had spoken to had contacts all throughout the space port, and not long ago one of those contacts reported seeing Binneed going into this docking bay.
    As they approached the circular rotunda Resht unhooked his blaster from his belt, and whispered to Pax and Ciro.

"Whatever he says don't believe him. From what we've seen he is very good at getting people to think what he wants them to. We can't grow complacent with him."

Resht moved forward with a slow pace, careful to stay aware of his surroundings. As they rounded the corner he heard voices, one female, the other male.

"Come on sweetie I got a business to run here. I can't afford to spend a fortune on your 'protection' why don't you just let this slide."

"Oh it is for your safety that I must urge you to reconsider my dear. After all, there all some nasty kinds of low life in this town. Did you here what happened to the owner of that parts shop down the street the other night? I shudder to think of something like that happening to a lovely specimen such as your self."

Resht peaked around the corner, there was Mosep Binneed, and a green Twi'lek woman standing some feet away from a TZ-15 shuttle, the kind used to transport mercenaries. The woman tapped her foot in frustration.

"I am not that easily intimidated 'Jabba', is there anything I could do that would allow you to let this debt slide?" She offered in a flirtatious tone.

Mosep smiled, though stepped away from her. "I am not that easily corrupted madam. I hope you have better luck than the Rodian." He nodded in a polite manner and was preparing to leave. But Resht wouldn't let that happen.

"Halt Mosep Binneed!" He shouted with his blaster raised, he leapt out of hiding. This startled the Twi'lek who jumped a foot in the air. But Mosep seemed more irritated than anything else. "And who might you be?" He asked.

"I'm the one asking the questions here." The Nimbanel nodded in understanding at his predicament, though he didn't seem worried.
    "You are Jabba's financier correct?" Resht started. And in response Mosep offered a short "Yes."

"So you know all of his dealing, such as his involvement in Aruks death." This was a statement, not a question, though this certainly caught Moseps attention. He glanced at the twi'lek woman who was fiddling with her silver bracelet, averting eye contact in an awkward manner.

Finally Mosep stepped forward. "Say no more Hunter, I do believe I know what this is about." "Halt!" Resht shouted. "You wouldn't dare blast me, for then you would be back at square one," The Nimbanel smirked.

"But out of the goodness of my heart I will offer you a warning." This wasn't good Resht knew, and he fired his blaster off to the side hoping to startle the man into silence. "Shut up! I make the rules here!" Mosep took another step forward, and instead of looking at Resht, seemed to look past him. "The Assassination of Aruk was not a one man job. How do you think I came by the information needed to kill him in the first place?"

Resht was doing his best to avoid pulling the trigger, because this Nimbanel was their only clue. "Why should we care?" He insisted.
    Mosep offered a slight laugh. Then answered quickly, to quick for Resht to stop him. "Maybe you don't as you're only loyalty is to your pocketbook. But they will." He nodded to Pax and Ciro and it became clear that they were to ones he was looking at the whole time. "If it becomes known that Scholomancer, a Vigo of the Black Sun, gave me the intel I needed to kill Aruk. Well then that would sour relations between the Besadii and you're council real quick now wouldn't it?"

Mosep had directed his answer towards Pax and Ciro, like they should know what he meant. The name Scholomancer rung a bell, but they weren't entirely sure who it was or if they mattered. Obviously they did since they were clearly a Vigo. And another thing that was obvious was all of their efforts would have been for naught if the Besadii clan were to find out a Black Sun Vigo was behind the assassination after all.

Looking at each other for a brief moment, Pax decided to break the silence. "Who have you told?" he asked Mosep Binneed.

"You would like to know, wouldn't you?" he rhetorically asked with a slight chuckle. Ciro grew tired of the Nimbanel's games. He grabbed a combat knife from his boot and lunged at Mosep, grabbing him by his neck.

"Easy, cuz! This solves nothing. Let me ask more,". Ciro released his hold of Mosep and stepped back. "Why would Scholomancer give you information?" no response. "Why have you not revealed this info to the Besadii clan already? Clearly you hold valuable information to play both sides against each other." Still no response.

Mosep Binneed lowered his gaze to the floor, chuckling away.
    Resht smirked slightly at their smart response. He hadn't been sure how the cousins would react to such an obvious lie, it was apparent they weren't his kind of run of the mill mercenaries, they had closer ties with their contractors than him.
    And the Chalacten wanted to end this now, before that Nimbamel came up with something that would really catch their attention.

"Shut up Binneed. We don't care what you have to say, we aren't buying any of it. You're going to tell us what you know of Aruks death, and you're going to tell us in three, two..."

"No, please let him keep talking." The voice came from behind them, and Resht Yillarni instantly turned to face the new arrivals, though he kept his blaster levied at Binneed. "Who exactly are you?" he demanded, surprised at having been caught off guard.

From around the corner came five raggedly dressed beings, all armed to the teeth. Most likely the owners of the vessel only a few meters in front of them.

The young human man in the middle of the bunch appeared to be their leader. And he responded with a child like insolence. "I'm the guy who's been tracking you for days. Been a tough ride, lost a few men during that time. And I'm feeling that killing you just might make up for it."

"Don't count on it buddy." Resht spat annoyed at this unexpected event. The last few days had been long, and he hadn't gotten much sleep. He could deal with Mosep no problem, but these guys were an unknown variable. And he didn't much like unknown variables.

"Funny thing is, I was still a good few hours behind you fellas." the mercenary continued. "I wouldn't have made it here until you was long gone if it wasn't for the fact I had taken the time to cozy up to Twirie there."

He nodded at the Twi'lek business owner who ran up to him offering him a peck on the cheek. It was only then Resht realized the silver bracelet the girl had been awkwardly playing with was in fact a communicator.
    "Maybe you fellas will respect my process in the future. It always pays to make friends with the locals."
    This comment seemed to have been directed at his fellow mercs, though he just winked at the girl with an uncomfortable smile.

"Congrats, you found a karking dumb girl to sell out the beings who travel through her establishment. You never said why it is you folks are after us." Resht demanded. But the human didn't seem to care, the Twi'lek gave an offended scoff but he paid her no mind.

"I just do what I'm paid to do. And at this point I think I've heard enough. 'Vigo of the Black Sun complicit in the murder of Hutt Clan Leader.' Sounds like the kind of intel our boss would find very valuable don't it boys?" They nodded and gave a few rousing cheers. "Maybe I could just pull a raise after all." He grinned from ear to ear, though his threatening stare remained focused on Resht.

"Baldy, Gramps, go to the shuttle and send this intel to Guri, I'm going to deal with these fellas." Two mercs made a move towards the shuttle, but with a quick draw Resht pointed his blaster to intercept him, just not quick enough.
    A blast was heard, and the Chalactens' vision went red as he crumpled to the floor. "I told ya I was gonna deal with ya, I just didn't want this to happen so fast. Ah well, I still got your friends to deal with."

But more noise was heard. And as he lye there in pain Resht recalled Moseps presence, they had forgotten him in the heat of the moment.
    In his peripheral vision he saw the Nimbanel escaping, and at least four Gamorrean guards running in.
    Of course that crook would have had a back up plan.
    Probably summoned the guards from a comn link he had stashed up his sleeve.
    'Stop him.'
    Resht tried to say...
    But he could only mouth the words as his vision clouded and he fell into the abyss.

All he heard was the sound of a blaster fight that had erupted.

Tags: Darth Master Titus

10. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Pax and Ciro
    Docking Bay 11

Nine versus three. Well now it was nine versus two given the fact that Resht was gunned down before the fight even got started. Not only did they have to deal with the five unexpected mercenaries that caught them unaware, but now they also had to deal with four Gamorrean filth guards.

The odds weren't good, but those were the situations these cousins thrived in. As soon as Resht thumped to the ground, Pax and Ciro jumped over whatever obstacles were in their way as they darted for cover. They found themselves taking cover behind a stack of metal crates. Blaster fire hailed from what seemed every which direction.

"We've been in worse scenarios," they both laughed. Ciro popped out of cover for just a split second, enough time to send out a volley of blaster fire, clipping two Gamorreans in the head. Two down, seven to go.

"Flank them on either side. They're not making it out of this alive." The mercenary leader was smarter than he looked. Soon, they'd be hit from both sides, making any attempt of survival near impossible. Reaching into a pouch, Pax pulled out a pulse grenade. Pressing the detonate button, he immediately tossed it. "Move, now!"

Hauling tail, both mercs had scrambled to the far corner of the docking bay, giving themselves more time and space to operate. Pax and Ciro kept firing, hoping they'd hit a target. Then they remembered two mercenaries were dispatched to send intel to "Guri" via the shuttle. Stopping them was a must for the Black Sun.

Near the ramp to the shuttle, two mercenaries were rushing their way up when Pax opened fire cutting them off, something Resht failed to do..

It was still only a matter of time until they were aboard sending the message. The only option was to push forward and end them for good.

Blasts were zipping past their face as they went from cover to cover. Ciro lined up a shot and took off one of the mercenaries heads. The Gamorrean guards were just live bait at the moment. Pax grew annoyed with their squealing and turned his attention to them, picking them off one by one until one of the opposing mercenaries caught him with a shot.

A lucky, but clean shot to the neck. Lucky for Pax of course, the blast had gone through the side of his neck not hitting any major nerves. But it hurt like hell.

All four Gamorreans were down. All who remained were the four mercenaries, Pax and Ciro. Mosep Binneed had retreated. The docking bay was up in flames now. Time was running out.

Flying out from under cover, Pax and Ciro rushed the mercenaries. A foolish stunt, but they had no other choice. Ciro had caught one of the mercs trying to board the shuttle, but the other had successfully entered the shuttle. They failed, any second now the Black Sun would be found out.

All there was to do now was survive.

"Ahaha, where are you fools running off to?" The mercenary leader looked possessed, oblivious to the chaos around him. All he wanted was their heads. Pax lifted his blaster to his face, ready to end him. Without a moment passing, Pax dropped, collapsing to the floor as a blast caught him. From the profile, the shot entered one eye and traveled out where his other eye should have been if he had not lost it long ago. Pax, now blinded forever, lie clutching his face and screaming in agony.

Ciro looked down at his cousin in a fit of rage and horror. He would not lose his last cousin. One versus three. He looked up at the position of Pax's shooter and immediately caught the assailant in between the eyes. One versus two. The shuttle ramp began to close, and the engines roared to life. The mercenary who transmitted the message to Guri would escape. Unfortunately for the merc leader, that left him alone in battle with Ciro.

One versus one. Ciro lunged at him as he did earlier to Mosep Binneed. He grabbed his combat knife from his boot once more. Nobody was holding back this time. By the time Ciro collapsed in exhaustion, the mercenary leader was unrecognizable.

The shuttle took off into the dark of space. Ciro rushed to Pax's side, examining the damage. "Ha. You should be dead, cuz! Good luck hitting your target now. You sucked with two eyes, even more so with one. What the hell are you gonna do with no eyes!" Despite the burning pain, Pax let out a muffled laugh. He was glad his cousin would live, but sad he could not fight by his side anymore. "Let's get you out of here,".

As they were exiting the docking bay, they passed Resht, still lying on the ground. Ciro halted, and looked down at him, wondering if he still lived. They had failed.

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Following the Tatooine shootout, the Vigo Council finally discoverd the truth about Aruk's assassination: one of their own had handed over precious information to the Desilijic clan. The news did have a big impact on every member of the council. The guilty one, however, never showed his face during any of the meetings. As a result, Black Sun operatives were sent to Ord Mantell. Their mission consisted of picking up Vigo Scholomancer and transporting him to a safe place. Upon arrival, the agents discovered that their target had gone mission. No single member of his crew knew anything about his whereabouts. Apparently, it didn't appear strange to them that their boss was nowhere to be found. After all, Scholomancer recently left most operations to his second-in-command, the Iridonian Admiral Jula Vez. Reluctantly, Vez confessed that she knew about her boss' gambling addiction. Out of loyalty for her boss, she made the mistake of not telling someone else. A mistake that possibly could have disastrous effects for Black Sun, she realized now. Days passed by, but no trace of Scholomancer could be found. Then, suddenly, the Vigo Council received a sinistrous message from Prince Xizor. The Falleen apologized himself for what was about to happen, claiming he had no other choice. Then, Xizor stepped backwards and a tall, skinny-looking man appeared. Every member of the Vigo Council quickly recognized him as Trillian Banjeer, a justice officer who had created much trouble for their organization over time.

Banjeer:
    Finally, I get the chance to meet you all in person. You cannot imagine how long I have waited for this. You should have known that there is no escaping justice! Your little friend here, Xizor, knows all too well what that means. My subordinates have gathered evidence about his illegal dealings. If he does not comply, then he will spend his whole life in jail! And as you all might know, prisoners don't like Falleen very much. The same will happen with you... unless you choose to cooperate. Well, why would you, you might ask. The reason is very simple. Mahwren, let them take a look at our prisoner!

Carefully, Banjeer stepped aside. Then, the hologram message showed a wounded man being dragged forward. The guy immediately started talking, as if he had practiced it before. He probably was being forced to. The words coming out of his mouth did no resemble anything Scholomancer would normally say.

Scholomancer:
    Vigos, they know about the situation with Besadii. They know we arranged Arok's assassination. They know I gave away information to Mosep Binneed which resulted in Aruk's death. Please, do what they say. Otherwise, they will drop me off in Hutt space! And I don't want to die just yet... Please.

Banjeer:
    If the Hutt Council discovers about Scholomancer's betrayal, they will support the Besadii in their quest for justice. Do you think your organization will be able to take on the full might of the Hutts? You barely got away last time. The only reason you escaped Zorilla's wrath, was because I intervened, remember? Your fellow Vigo gave me information on all of your bases, on all your true identities! Surely, the Hutts would interested in all this, especially when they decide to take down Black Sun once and for all. But, there is an alternative... I know about the treaty between the Vigo Council and the Imperials. If you help me take down our corrupt Emperor, then I will release Scholomancer from captivity. Since I will be busy changing the Empire back into the Republic, I shall leave you alone for a little while. Giving you time to evacuate your bases. You all know I am a man of my word. So, what do you say? I will give you one hour to decide. If you don't respond back, Scholomancer will be released in Hutt territory and I will make Black Sun's deal with the Empire public. Be smart. Take the right decision. Help me get rid of a totalitarian dictator! Serve the right cause, for once.

OOC: The finale has begun! How do your characters react to Banjeer's proposal? Shadow Trooper ConservativeJedi321 Darth Master Titus Darth Rozic

12. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Corellia
    General Immodet Darth Master Titus ConservativeJedi321 Darth Rozic
    My fellow Vigos, I have run some projections and consulted Captain Tulkis about our chances to defeat the Hutts in open warfare. The Besadii clan is currently in high favor among the Hutts. Even the Desjillac whom helped us in our efforts to murder Arok would be compelled to assist the Besadii in punishing us. Furthermore, my close co-operation with Durga means that he has the power and knowledge to cripple my smuggling operations all over the Mid Rim if he so desires. It would not be the a profitable move for him either, but we all know that rationality does not even come into the equation for Durga when vengeance is concerned. Furthermore, Banjeer has the location of our bases and our business fronts. Since he has sniffed out Xizor, he is most certainly not bluffing about being able to track us down. Normally I would advocate sending men down to kill him immediately but he seems to have his plans well thought up. He would anticipate such a reaction and he undoubtedly has contingencies in place for just such an event. It would therefore appear that survival means we must co-operate for the time being, until we can find an opportunity to slip his leash and tear out his throat.

13. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Space

Titus considered the ultimatum they were just handed. Sending his men after the truth was now starting to seem like the beginning of the end for the Black Sun. They were faced with a difficult decision. Chancing an open war with all of the Hutt cartel was practically suicide, regardless of how many times the Black Sun beat insurmountable odds. Their luck had run out. As Shadow Trooper stated, their enemies would be prepared for any kind of attack, but surrendering and complying to Trillian Banjeer was literally the last thing the Titus wanted. Working with him to take down the Emperor sounded even more ridiculous. None of their options were appealing in the slightest.

"I don't like this, but I agree with Vigo Shadow Trooper. Let us bide our time. Nothing we can do now will rid us of all of our problems in one move. It is best to.." Titus almost choked on his own words, disgusted. "...comply with Banjeer if we wish to come out of this in one piece and perhaps retaliate later. If it was me alone I would go out guns blazing, but I have people to look out for. They've given their lives to me, I will not throw it away blindly in an act of desperation. Whatever the consensus is, that is what we shall do."

Shadow Trooper General Immodet ConservativeJedi321 Darth Rozic

14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Alderaan

Yes we may have to comply for now. At least long enough to revamp our security.
    This kind of breach is a travesty! All our bases, all our codes and secrets! We need to do as he asks, at least so we can begin the difficult process of going underground. We need to burn our bridges and start new. They have their grubby hands on everything now, so we clearly have to abandon it all. It will take time, and lots of credits. Until we have a new network they are unaware of we are vulnerable.

Not to mention we clearly do not have enough firepower to stand up to the Hutts,we are still recovering from Kessel, but even if we were at full strength I have my doubt we could stand up to the united might of all the Hutt clans.

This is a tricky situation. But I'm sure we will pull through. We always do....

Tags: General Immodet, Shadow Trooper, Darth Master Titus, Darth Rozic

15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Lorahns

Most Vigos seemed eager to find a way to escape from Banjeer's clutches. However, this wasn't Immodet's first reaction. No, he acted the way he always did in situations like these: he contacted the bank and told its employees to make some funding ready for withdrawal. In case things went south, then he would be able to slip away with some 'spare' money. According to Immodet, the biggest mistake people in his line of business make, is quiting way too early or way too late. If his time had come, then he better needed be prepared.

Immodet spoke to the members of the Vigo Council: 'Yes, I agree with your assessment. We comply for now and await our time. Banjeer seems eager to replace Emperor Palpatine with a new leader. That means he won't be expecting us... Instead of retreating, like Banjeer proposed, we should use the chaos created by Palpatine's assassination to take down our enemies. In order to achieve that goal, we need to carefully monitor the situation. Be ready to strike at the right moment'.

Shadow Trooper Darth Master Titus ConservativeJedi321 Darth Rozic

16. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Coruscant

Bookman looked up through one eye, his other swollen shut from the torture and his breathing labored. Who was this man in front of him? Surely he had something to do with black sun but Bookman had never met him before. "Wh... Who are you?" he forced the words out and spat red spit on the floor beside him. This Black Sun job seemed to be less leisure than he had previously planned for. "Did you," he coughed and leaned over against the wall of his cell. "Did you kill that quarren?" He spat out the word 'Quarren' like it disgusted him.

--

Meanwhile, Glade Myst was furthering his plans. He had not foreseen the reaction of Gribish Nash, nor did he currently know of Bookman's abduction. Instead he was already focused on his next mark. Slen'markey Derian, a fine looking Togruta women who also lead in the council. Some marks were simpler than others. No matter how Glade looked, dug, bribed, and pulled strings he could find nothing on Slen'markey... nothing at all. Not just no dirt, but it was as if the Togruta never even existed. How she had done this, he did not know, but he decided there was only one option. Accidents happen every day, and that morning on the way to "work" Slen'markey was involved in a common speeder crash. The other pilot had been drunk and unfortunately there were no survivors...

That evening deliberations would start to name a new successor. Glade was poised to suggest that Bookman himself be appointed to solidify the union with Black Sun. The crime families were in turmoil and Black Sun was a large entity that offered capital and stability in these dark times. It was a move that, when presented, would be quite controversial but he hopped the others would agree with the "wisdom" in the choice. At least he knew, or thought he knew, Gribish Nash would be "convinced" to vote his way.

Glade picked up his communicator to contact Bookman about his further proceedings in the plan and to his dismay he could not get Bookman to pick up....

General Immodet

17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    After about an hour had passed, Trillian Banjeer re-contacted the Vigo Council. The news that Black Sun would cooperate with him, didn't surprise him much. He knew criminals only cared for their own safebeing. In situation like these, those people were capable of going to great lenghts in order to escape prosecution. In the past, Gargonn the Hutt already had proven him to be right. Without giving it a second thought, the Hutt crime lord had betrayed Black Sun. Now, the Vigo Council would do the very same thing to save their own skin. They promised to help Banjeer overthrow a corrupt government.

Banjeer:
    You might wonder why I need your assistance. Actually, I don't need you. I need the Force-user you are employing. Not too long ago, I encountered her on Coruscant. On her own, she took down two Jedi. Very impressive, to say the least. Luckily for you, I couldn't prove the presence of a Force-user, so her appearance was left out of the official report. I need her to assassinate Emperor Palpatine. She is the only person capable of doing so. Let me explain to you what I have in mind... Within a few weeks, Emperor Palpatine will visit his homeworld Naboo. Away from Coruscant, he shall be more vulnarable, more exposed. The Queen of Naboo, who is aware of my intentions, already has promised her support. Although she doesn't want to join my cause in public, she will provide your agents with a cover identity. However, the Imperial palace on Naboo is heavily guarded. So, even with a cover identity, it won't be easy to get in. However, I am quite sure you will find a way. May I suggest that, while Faya performs the assassination, someone else creates a diversion to draw the Imperial personnel away? Apart from that, I leave everything else up to you. Don't try to doublecross me. If you do, you know what happens. Emperor Palpatine has invited me to join him on Naboo, so I will know first-hand if you don't complete your assignment. Good luck, or should I say: 'May the Force be with you'.

As the hologram projection faded away, Banjeer's aide Mahwren appeared next to his boss. Meanwhile, Prince Xizor and Vigo Scholomancer were escorted out of the room by Stormtroopers loyal to Banjeer.

Mahwren:
    Will you really release Scholomancer once this is over? You would be fool to do so.

Banjeer:
    Maybe, but if I don't, I am no different than those animals I just spoke. Besides, we shall catch onto to them soon enough. We need prioritize. At the moment, Emperor Palpatine proves a much bigger threat than Black Sun. Contact Senator Bel Iblis. Tell him things have been put into motion. I am sure he will be pleased.

Shadow Trooper Darth Master Titus ConservativeJedi321 Darth Rozic Jax Nova

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Rise of Black Sun

The galactic criminal organization known as Black Sun was caught in a conspiracy, resulting in the death of its leadership. Overlord Alexi Garyn and all nine Vigos were brutally murdered by an assassin in the Black Sun headquarters on Ralltiir. Ever since, Black Sun has been trying to rebuild itself from the ashes. A new council of Vigos was chosen to lead the criminal organization through the dark days ahead. After a while, Black Sun learnt the true identity of the mysterious enemy who killed Alexi Garyn. Apparently, a Zabrak Sith Lord had been conspiring with the Trade Federation to have the criminal organization destroyed. All those events eventually led to the Battle of Naboo, in which the Zabrak assassin was defeated by the Jedi. Although the Trade Federation no longer seemed to pose a threat, there still were many other enemies at large. A Republic task force led by commander Trillian Banjeer hunted down criminals throughout the Galaxy, resulting in Black Sun members having to be more careful than ever. At first, the Hutts profited from Black Sun’s instability, but ultimately they made an alliance with the criminal organization thanks to the assistance of Durga the Hutt. After some renewed tensions with the Trade Federation, Black Sun witnessed first-hand the beginning of the Clone Wars. At the end of the war, the Galaxy underwent enormous changes as the Republic was replaced by the Galactic Empire. Through diplomacy, Black Sun managed to establish a treaty with the newly-formed Empire, making the criminal organization almost unstoppable. Some ambitious members of the organization, however, had been biding their time, waiting for this moment to do away with the old Vigo Council and assume command of the organization themselves.

-----------------------------------------

Storylines

Storyline I

After the Vigo Council was wiped out by an unknown assassin on Ralltiir, Black Sun slowly began falling apart. Members of the criminal organization started battling each other in their quest for power. Realizing no one would benefit from the continued bloodshed, Immodet contacted several high-ranking members of Black Sun, including the Nightsister assassin Shadowmancer and the Corellian smuggler Shadow Trooper. During the meeting, a crime boss from Ando, called Master Selkath, was elected the new Black Sun Overlord. In order to re-establish itself as the most important criminal organization in the Galaxy, Black Sun decided to send a message to its many enemies. A delegation of newly-elected Vigos traveled to Nar Shaddaa, forcing the local black market dealer, Gargonn the Hutt, into submission.

Storyline II

An ally of the previous Overlord, calling himself Mr. Blue, established contact with Black Sun. After playing games with the Vigo Council, the mysterious Mr. Blue invited Master Selkath to travel to his base of operations on Eclipse. At the same time, Black Sun destroyed a Jedi vessel containing secret information on the criminal organization’s activities. Through the help of Mr. Blue, the Vigo Council discovered the identity of the person who had leaked the information to the authorities. Oolth, a survivor of the Ralltiir massacre, was willing to save his own skin by working together with the Republic and the Jedi.

Storyline III

On Coruscant, Black Sun agents managed to intercept the traitor who had given away the secret information. A data chip was found on the traitor’s body, revealing a tattooed Zabrak performed the Ralltiir massacre. When Black Sun’s local crime boss, Yanth the Hutt, was slaughtered by the very same Zabrak assassin, the Vigo Council began investigating recent events. Since Yanth had obtained information on the Trade Federation’s future plans, Black Sun suspected some kind of relationship between all recent developments. When the Trade Federation used a droid army to blockade Naboo, Vigo KrazAgtlei became trapped on-planet. Although Black Sun attempted a rescue mission, the Vigo had already perished during the droid assault. Afterwards, the Vigo Council learnt the Zabrak assassin was killed by the Jedi during the liberation of Naboo.

Storyline IV

Amidst the Naboo crisis, the Black Sun Overlord went missing. Surprisingly, the mysterious Mr. Blue was elected the new leader of the criminal organization. Black Sun, however, did not have much time to recuperate from the recent setbacks. In a senate session, Chancellor Palpatine publicly appointed Trillian Banjeer as the commander of an anti-crime task force. Banjeer began harassing Black Sun all throughout the Galaxy, including capturing a Black Sun base near Kashyyyk. When the task force commander threatened to prosecute Gargonn the Hutt, the black market dealer betrayed Shadowmancer, resulting in the Vigo’s death. Black Sun sent a newly-recruited assassin, called Darth Master Titus, to deal with the treacherous Hutt crime lord. While watching a gladiator game, Gargonn was swiftly liquidated by Titus.

Storyline V

The removal of Vigo Shadowmancer from Nar Shaddaa, had created unbalance in Hutt space. Backed by the Hutt cartels, Zorilla the Hutt sought to destroy Black Sun. Considering Zorilla too much of a threat, the Vigo Council gave Darth Master Titus the task of assassinating her. The security in Zorilla’s palace, however, proved to be too tight, resulting in Titus’ capture and subsequent torture. Trying to damage Black Sun’s reputation, Zorilla reached out to Black Sun’s archenemy, Republic commander Trillian Banjeer. The Hutt crime lord’s plan backfired, leading to the destruction of her pirate fleet. The defeat of Zorilla caused the Hutt cartels to withdraw their support from the crusade against Black Sun. Seeing an opportunity to restore balance, the Vigo Council made an appointment with Durga the Hutt, a leading figure within the Besadii clan. The meeting was interrupted by an angry Zorilla the Hutt, seeking revenge against those she considered responsible for her downfall. After getting rid of the Zorilla, a treaty got signed by all people present.

Storyline VI

After capturing a Trade Federation vessel during a pirate raid, Vigo Scholomancer discovered illegally-run shipyards and factories in the Excarga system. Knowing the Trade Federation had been involved in the Ralltiir massacre, Black Sun took revenge against the conglomerate by seizing the system. The Trade Federation could not do otherwise than back-off when Excarga became a member of the Galactic Republic. Unfortunately, the conglomerate found another way to create trouble for Black Sun. Salic Ralquesh, leader of the Ralquesh Guild, began targeting Black Sun after the Trade Federation supported him with funding. Most bounty hunters, however, were unwilling to take on bounties posted on Black Sun member, thereby severely limiting the Ralquesh Guild’s influence. Ultimately, Salic Ralquesh was hunted down on Geonosis by an elite team of mercenaries led by Errai, Ram Ordo and Cradossk. Not much later, Geonosis turned into a battleground and thus the Clone Wars began.

Storyline VII

At the beginning of the Clone Wars, the Republic anti-crime task force got new orders from Chancellor Palpatine. Since resources were spread very thin, the task force needed to assist in transporting war criminals. On a mission to Muunilinst, Trillian Banjeer’s obsession with Black Sun was suddenly re-awakened. While creating a trap for Separatist commander Durge, Banjeer succeeded in capturing Vigo aalagartassle as well. Realizing aalgartassle had access to too much critical information, the Vigo Council did not have any other choice but arrange his assassination. The Mandalorian mercenary Ram Ordo boarded Banjeer’s flagship The Justifier, looking for a way to get to aalagartassle. After being discovered, the Mandalorian released Durge from captivity, creating chaos aboard the ship. Since all Separatist prisoners escaped while being placed under his care, Trillian Banjeer was demoted by the Chancellor.

Storyline VIII

Seeking a way to profit from the war, Black Sun began investing in the production of medicine such as Bacta, Bota and Kolto. Needing a shipping agency to distribute the medicine, the Vigo Council first met the ambitious Prince Xizor. Although the Vigo Council tried to recruit Xizor, the Falleen Prince began using Black Sun to achieve his own goals. After masterminding the death of his superiors, Xizor assumed command of Falleen Transport Systems. While the other Vigos were busy trading medicine and weaponry, s_heffley started selling raw materials to the highest bidder. When one of his shipments was intercepted by the Separatists, he discovered the betrayal of his former right-hand man Ryan. At the end of the Clone Wars, Ryan assembled a droid army to assault s_heffley’s base on Kashyyyk. Thanks to several Black Sun members working closely together, the droid attack was eventually fended off. After being abandoned by his mistress Faya, Ryan made one final move to kill Vigo s_heffley, resulting in his own death.

Storyline IX

At the end of the Clone Wars, the Republic turned into the Galactic Empire. Needing a vast power base, the newly-formed Empire reached out to Black Sun. Trying to get the upper hand during the negotiations, the Vigo Council looked into rumors about a rogue droid containing information on an anti-Empire rebel movement. Three assassins, Faya, Errai and Kaird were sent to acquire the droid, but the whole thing turned out to be a trap by Prince Xizor. Wanting to replace the Vigo Council with replica droids, the Falleen captured Kaird turning him into a sleeper agent. After the Black Sun leadership successfully established a treaty with the Empire, the brainwashed Kaird suddenly turned on the assembly of high-ranking Black Sun members. When Kaird got himself killed at the hands of Vigo Darth Master Titus, Prince Xizor fled back to Coruscant. The two remaining assassins, who had been trapped on the Galaxy’s capital planet due to Xizor’s scheming, were hunted down by Black Sun’s enemy Trillian Banjeer. Luckily for them, Banjeer received order from his superiors to leave Faya and Errai alone.

Storyline X

While the Vigo Council had been negotiating terms with the Empire, a Black Sun operative called ConservativeJedi321 got himself captured by the Pyke Syndicate. The rash actions of the Pykes angered Black Sun, leading to a confrontation between both criminal organizations. With the help of their new Imperial allies, Black Sun laid siege to the Pyke Syndicate’s headquarters on Oba Diah and Kessel. Although the Pykes called in favors from all their allies, including the Hutt cartels and the Coruscanti Crime Families, the combined strength of the Empire and the Vigo Council proved far too great. At the end of the battle, ConservativeJedi321 managed to conquer the Pyke Palace and take revenge against majordomo Thash Krim. Meanwhile, Prince Xizor assisted in handing over crime boss Toral Pyke to the Imperial authorities, thus regaining Palpatine's trust. With the Pykes removed from the game, the future of Black Sun seemed brighter than ever.

Storyline XI

Until their defeat during the Battle of Oba Diah, the Pykes had been a major distributor of spice. The Pyke Syndicate’s downfall created a power vacuum left to be filled. Both the Vigo Council and the Besadii were eager to replace the Pykes, causing tension between both groups. Although the Vigo Council and the Hutts did not openly attack one another, they secretly tried to sabotage each other’s efforts. After failing to establish an alliance against his enemies, the paranoid leader of the Besadii clan, Arok the Hutt, slowly began losing control of the situation. Thanks to information leaked by the information broker Bookman, it was revealed Arok had not only been embezzling money, he also had himself become addicted to Spice. Seeing an opportunity to replace Arok with his beloved father, Durga the Hutt switched his support back to Black Sun. Not wanting to bring about more trouble, Black Sun made Arok’s death look like an accident. Meanwhile, Durge and his father began producing spice in a facility on Ylesia, a place they had kept a secret from everyone all along.

Storyline XII

When appointed leader of the Besadii clan, Durga’s father gave a big feast for all his fellow clansmen. However, during the celebration, he suddenly began feeling unwell. Afterwards, it became clear that he had been poisoned. After losing his father, the Vigo Council reached out to Durga the Hutt. In exchange for signing a revised partnership treaty, Black Sun promised to protect Durga from his enemies. The criminal organization also offered to track down whoever killed his father. Reluctantly, Durga agreed, knowing he had no other choice. Ultimately, the Vigo Council discovered, much to their own surprise, that one of their own had actually made the assassination possible. The intelligence that Black Sun had recently gathered on the Besadii, was given away by the gambling-addicted Scholomancer after losing a game of Sabacc. Before the Vigo Council could figure out what to do next, Scholomancer suddenly went missing. Meanwhile, on Coruscant, Bookman ran into Glade Myst, an associate of the Coruscanti Crime Families who planned on overthrowing his bosses.

-----------------------------------------

Black Sun

The criminal organization known as Black Sun has existed for thousands of years. From the shadows, its members influence the Galaxy’s state-of-affairs, enabling themselves to make big money. Black Sun’s activities include assassination, bribing, smuggling, piracy, blackmail, intimidation, extortion, kidnapping, money laundering… In order to function efficiently, the organization has a hierarchical structure. At the very top, there is the Black Sun Overlord who keeps himself accompanied by an advisor. Most of the daily work, the Overlord leaves to a council consisting of nine Vigos. Each Vigo has his own skillset and uses those skills to rule over his territory.

•Before the Battle of Naboo, Black Sun rapidly gained more power thanks to the efforts of Overlord Alexi Garyn. Seeing Garyn as a threat to his plans, the Sith Lord Darth Sidious dispatched his Zabrak apprentice Darth Maul to take care of the Black Sun Overlord and the Vigo Council. However, Sidious soon learnt that Black Sun always re-invented itself. The following years, the Sith Lord carefully began shaping the criminal organization into how he wanted it to be. No member of the new Vigo Council ever suspected Sidious’ involvement until it was far too late.

•Alexi Garyn was succeeded by Master Selkath (PLAYER) who in turn was succeeded by the mysterious Mr. Blue (PLAYER). Mr. Blue hailed from a planet whose native people were once rescued from an invading species by Alexi Garyn. Trying to make up for saving them, Mr. Blue’s people agreed to host a special research center for Garyn. After the death of his master, advisor Oolth returned to this place in order to fetch a device, known as the Lance, which contained blackmail information on those Garyn saw as competitors.

•After the disappearance of Oolth, Immodet (PLAYER) became the new advisor to the Black Sun Overlord. On Lorahns, he used the Ffib religion as a cover for his criminal operations. Often, he manipulated others into doing the dirty work, so his hands could stay clean at all times. Since he was a very skilled negotiator, Immodet was useful to Black Sun on many occasions. For example, during the conflict with the Pykes, Immodet made the Coruscanti Crime Families hand over Toral Pyke on their own accord.

•A crime lord known as Shadow Trooper (PLAYER) played a crucial role in breeding new life into the criminal organization Black Sun. Shadow Trooper was pretty much your stereotypical Corellian criminal, a career smuggler with an independent and a brash personality. He started his career as a low level operative with Black Sun's Corellian chapter, eventually taking over smuggling operations on Corellia for Alexi Garyn. As a founding member and Vigo of the new Black Sun, he rose from his humble beginnings as a simple courier into one of the most powerful beings in the criminal underworld.

•In order to keep his business successful, Vigo Shadow Trooper depended upon an entourage of skilled operatives, including Captain Tulkis and Captain Malis. Captain Tulkis was a Whipid pirate who first got introduced to Shadow Trooper during the brief period when the Overlord granted the Corellian command of the collected Black Sun fleet. The Whipid's cunning and ruthlessness impressed the Corellian and so he offered the pirate a place in his organization as commander of his field operatives and as his personal enforcer. Anybody that threatened, cheated or even mildly irritated the Corellian became prey to this fierce Whipid Hunter. Captain Malis began his career as a low-level navigator whom made himself indispensable to the Vigo through his knowledge of secret hyperspace routes. He became the Corellian's top informant because of his ability to move his ship quickly and quietly to any planet in the galaxy. Because Malis's contributions were covert and mostly supportive as opposed to taking direct action, he got very little recognition from Black Sun, something which caused him to harbor a little bit of resentment for the Vigo Council.

•The Nightsister Shadowmancer (PLAYER) can be seen as yet another founding member of the new Black Sun. In the past, she had already provided Overlord Alexi Garyn with a Nightsister bodyguard called Mighella. Since she was born on Dathomir, she served as Black Sun's main information source when it came to Force-users. She was killed when Banjeer’s task force invaded her base on Nar Shaddaa. Since she no longer were around to keep the Hutts at bay, her death resulted in a war between the Hutt Cartels and the Vigo Council. One of her apprentices, the Nediji Kaird, went on to become one of Black Sun’s most deadly assassins.

•When Mr. Blue assumed command of Black Sun, he asked Darth Master Titus (PLAYER) whether he would like to serve as the Overlord’s main enforcer. Titus, originally from Coruscant, was a wealthy contract killer of sorts for much of his life. He traveled the galaxy carrying out deeds for wealthy beings looking to eliminate rivals, and carrying out his own personal vendettas. After years of this grueling work, Titus wanted a new experience, hence joining Black Sun, being an enforcer of its will throughout the galaxy. At first, he set up his operation on Mygeeto because the planet was back then known for its wealthy banking clans. He considered this a good opportunity to launder money, while at the same time stay under the radar. Ultimately, Titus was forced to abandon his Mygeeto base after an incident with the InterGalactic Banking Clan and the Ralquesh Guild. Ever since, he oversaw operations on the Kolto producing planet of Manaan. Being involved in both the deaths of Gargonn and Zorilla the Hutt, Titus quickly earned the nickname ‘Hutt slayer’.

•Scholomancer (PLAYER), the Vigo in charge of Black Sun’s pirate fleet, quickly gained a reputation after successfully raiding one Trade Federation fleet after another. His background, however, is not as glorious as he claimed it to be. Actually, he was an ex-mercenary from Mandalore, who nevertheless had the pretensions of being high-culture. He was ambitious, and with standard Mandalorian morals, managed to propel himself from then ranks to a Vigo of Black Sun. He served as the head of Lone Star Minerals, which hosted a variety of shipping and ground-based fronts. To his fellow criminals, he was known for his hands-on leadership, his viciousness during his operations, and his fairness amongst his slaves and crews.

•After Black Sun forced the Trade Federation out of the Excarga system, Viceroy Nute Gunray and Senator Lott Dod acquired the services of the Ralquesh Guild. This bounty hunter guild, led by the ferocious Chistori Salic Ralquesh, was known for not sticking to the rules. Using every resource available, the guild members began giving Black Sun a hard time. The Vigo Council reacted by hiring some extra muscle of their own, such as Errai and Ram Ordo. While Errai mainly operated in Hutt space, Ram Ordo had hardly ever left Mandalorian territory.

•Black Sun did not have an easy time recuperating itself from the Ralltiir massacre. Even though a new Vigo Council rose to power, many members perished not too longer after attaining the position of Vigo. While Vigos KrazAgtlei (PLAYER) and Orman Tagge (PLAYER) died at the hands of the Trade Federation, Vader’sGoodHand (PLAYER) was killed by Hutt forces on his home world Allyuen. Allyuen later served as a battleground during Black Sun’s war with Zorilla the Hutt. When a vessel transporting Darth Master Titus off-planet left Allyuen, Zorilla ordered the ship to be shot down. The Republic fleet, which was also present, interpreted this move as an act of war. As a result, Zorilla’s forces were wiped out by fire from Republic ships.

•A slaver called s_heffley (PLAYER) filled the power vacuum left behind after Trillian Banjeer’s crackdown on crime in the Kashyyyk system. He started selling Wookiee slaves and raw material to the highest bidder. Together with the military mastermind The Star Wars Archivist (PLAYER), the slaver was asked by the Vigo Council to join their ranks. Over time, s_heffley began having moral issues with his own activities as a slaver. Not only had the job make him kill his second-hand man Ryan, he also witnessed his associates become more and more ruthless. After the conflict with Arok the Hutt had been settled, s_heffley finally decided to give up his job. Upon leaving, he asked his aide Ben to take his place within the criminal organization.

•During the Clone Wars, Black Sun was considered an enemy by both the Republic and the CIS. On the one hand, Republic commander Trillian Banjeer was still determined to bring its members to justice. On the other hand, s_heffley second-in-command Ryan had joined the Separatists after being abandoned during the Battle of Excarga. Skirmishes with Banjeer and Ryan resulted in the death of Vigos aalgartassle (PLAYER) and Master Mini 907 (PLAYER).

•More or less at the same time, the Vigo Council first encountered Prince Xizor, while entering a business relationship with Falleen Transport Systems. Unsatisfied with his position, Xizor began plotting against his superior Xomit Grunseit, hoping that Black Sun would back him up. When the Vigo Council withdrew their support from Xizor, the Falleen decided to take down his enemies on his own. His actions, however, nearly brought about the destruction of Black Sun as well. The whole situation also caused bad blood between the Vigo Council and the Pyke Syndicate since the Pykes were afterwards no longer included in the business deal established with Falleen Transport Systems. Yet, Xizor’s ambitions went even further: he did not only want to rule his own company, but also the criminal organization Black Sun. After setting up a meeting between the Vigo Council and the Imperials, he saw his chance to assume command of the organization. The plot involved turning the assassin Kaird into a sleeper agent and using him to replace the Vigo Council with replica droids. His machinations caused the death of two high-ranking Black Sun figures, Vigo DarthW33zy (PLAYER) and Shadow Trooper’s lieutenant Raiza the Red. Although his plan failed, Xizor managed to make sure nothing could not be traced back to him. While enjoying protection from the Imperials, the Falleen began exploring alternative ways to get rid of the Vigo Council.

•Being on friendly terms with the Empire, Black Sun acquired a shipyard in the Kuat system. The Iridonian shipbuilder Darth Rozic (PLAYER) seemed the perfect candidate for managing the operation. Rozic, however, did have a tendency to go off on his own endeavors which often got him in to trouble, such as when he discovered information about the ‘planet killer’ project. Rozic was feared by his enemies because of his gruesome interrogation techniques.

•The hostile relationship between the Vigo Council and the Pyke Syndicate eventually led to a war between the two organizations. Vigo ConservativeJedi321 (PLAYER) played a crucial role in defeating the Pykes. As Alderaani native, ConservativeJedi quickly grew tired of his home world’s dull devotion to peace, and was eager for an adventure. This led him to join the Republic Navy as a Captain during the early days of the Clone Wars. However, he was discharged after an incident that resulted in the death of his Jedi supervisor. Angry and bitter, ConservativeJedi decided to abandon the Republic and join Black Sun. This ultimately led him to Nar Shaddaa where he ran into a Wookiee called Wravachar, a former slave and master technician. Despite the Wookiee's aversion to violence, ConservativeJedi saw that he could be useful, and encouraged Wravachar to seek out the criminal syndicate with him. The two soon made contact with low ranking crooks with ties to the Black Sun, and in the following year they ran odd jobs across the galaxy adding the Syndicate to strengthen its foothold on one planet after another. It was during this time they ran into another escaped slave, Otsisa Frerwalka, who had been working as a mercenary. Though a spice addict, she had a natural talent for leadership, as well as an intellect that impressed them. ConservativeJedi knew she could be a very valuable associate, so he offered her a job, and she agreed to join him for a decent pay. As the war approached its end, the higher ups of the organization began to take interest in this motley crew. On ConservativeJedi's recommendation, the three of them were assigned to return to Alderaan and set up a base. They also were granted use of the veteran Gungan spy master Ut-Reb Chets. After an unfortunate run in with the Pykes, ConservativeJedi was elevated to rank of Vigo.

•Once upon a time, Darth Master Titus's right hand, mercenary Errai, spared the lives of fellow mercenaries Pax and Ciro after they broke into his apartment on Nal Hutta, in search of their kidnapped cousin, Rig. The cousins first job for the Black Sun was the raid on the Kessel prison, against the Pyke Syndicate. Their expertise in weaponry and explosives came in handy during the battle. In the thick of the fight, Rig suffered a fatal blast wound killing him instantly. This, however, did not change Pax and Ciro’s attitude. On the contrary, they only seemed more dedicated to Black Sun, answering not just to Errai, but to Titus and the rest of the Vigo Council.

•After the Battle of Oba Diah, Black Sun discovered the Pyke Synidate had secretly been backed up by Besadii leader Arok the Hutt. Arok’s downfall was eventually caused by one of his own servants, an enslaved information broker called Bookman/A Blind Prophet (PLAYER). At first, Black Sun tried to frame Bookman for Arok’s death, but he skillfully managed to put the blame on someone else. Realizing Bookman’s potential, the Vigo Council agreed to let him set up shop on Coruscant. There, Bookman encountered Glade Myst/Jax Nova (PLAYER), an ambitious member of a Coruscanti Crime Family. Having just returned to his family occupation fresh out of the university, Glade Myst assumed the role of liaison between the Coruscanti Crime families and Black Sun, working closely with Bookman. With his own plans in mind for his future, Glade looked to Black Sun to make those dreams a reality. His first move was an ambitious heist that looked to be quite profitable for Black Sun and himself.

•Once upon a time, Trillian Banjeer served as the commander of an anti-crime task force. He managed to acquire this position not only because of his own dedication, but also because he was born in an influential upper-class family. Although he hunted down all sorts of criminals, he became obsessed with Black Sun. This obsession ultimately made him loose his position as commander. When Banjeer discovered that the government had established some kind of deal with Black Sun, he saw it as his duty to restore justice. In order to achieve this goal, he joined a coalition of dissidents, which consisted of people like Senator Garm Bel Iblis. Knowing the Emperor would not go down easily, he forced Black Sun into cooperating with him. After all, the Vigo Council had previously recruited the Force-sensitive Faya to their cause. According to Banjeer, she was the only person capable of assassinating Palpatine. However, the Imperial officer did not realize that Faya actually was none other than a recent incarnation of the infamous shapeshifter Set Harth.

•When Durga the Hutt’s father died because of poisoning, Prince Xizor ordered his aide Guri to find out who was responsible. This proved not to be an easy task since Black Sun had enlisted the services of Cradossk’s bounty hunter guild for the very same task. During the search, a trusted associate of the Desilijic clan revealed that the assassination had only been possible thanks to Vigo Scholomancer. Over time, the Vigo had become addicted to gambling. Not being able to control himself during a game of Sabacc, he gambled away the intelligence gathered by Black Sun on their Besadii allies. Seeing this as an opportunity, Prince Xizor decided to use this information to his own advantage.

19. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Corellia
    Tulkis was finding himself hanging out at the bar far more frequently as of late. Banjeer's threats had not put the Vigo in the best of moods and too often he was taking out his frustrations on his subordinates. It had become a new habit of Tulkis's to hide at the space port bar instead of staying at his usual place at the Vigo's estate. Captain Malis had already started trying to worm his way into Tulkis's old position, but at this point Tulkis no longer cared. From his perspective, Black Sun seemed to be running headlong towards destruction.
    Banjeer had been an irritation for a long time and he was always turning up at the worst possible moments. If it was up to Tulkis, Black Sun would have been hunting down the bastard instead of cutting deals with him. No matter how dangerous the Hutts were, Tulkis thought that pissing off the Empire would be a far more fatal decision to the organization in the long run. For a brief moment, Tulkis entertained the idea of leaving the organization and going freelance. Before he could get further with his seditious thoughts. Before he could go further with these seditious thoughts, his drunken contemplation was disturbed by a cry of warning from a sentry.
    "We got trouble Captain!" The Weequay rasped. "Looks like some big wig and a platoon of Cor Sec is coming in here!" Great. A police raid was just what he needed right now. His mood was black and he could use some violence to cheer him up. The first thing Tulkis noticed when the strangers entered was that the sentry was dead wrong about their identity. The interlopers wore military uniforms and military weapons but they were definitely not Cor Sec. The leader was a grim looking man with a distinguished mustachestern and authoritative air about him.
    Tulkis swaggered forward with his claws unsheathed towards the group of interlopers. He was about to initiate a challenge when a flash of recognition made him pause.
    "Well, well. If it isn't Senator Garm Bel Iblis. What is a respectable fellow like you doing in here with the likes of us" Tulkis hissed.
    "I'm here on business. I was referred here by our mutual friend, Trillian Banjeer. I have instructions for the man called the Corellian."
    Now this was interesting. It would appear that Corellia's own Senator was wrapped up in this plot against the Empire.
    "I am the Corellian, or his ears anyways. Whatever you meant to tell to him, you can give to me"
    "This is not how Banjeer said things will work." Bel Iblis said defiantly.
    "Well Banjeer isn't in control here, regardless of what he might think. If you want our services you can give me the instructions now or you can let it go, but I'm not letting you and your goons in to see the Vigo. It's your choice."
    "Very Well." the Senator shrugged. "This data card holds some instructions regarding the preparations for Naboo. Security for the event is being controlled by a certain officer named Janek Karso. We have tried to subvert him through moral persuasiveness and than bribes but the man is incorruptible. It would be an admirable quality were it not in service to a corrupt regime. We require your assassins to remove this man so Banjeer can replace him with one of our own people. This is a test. If you mess this up or worse, refuse this task, than Banjeer will follow through on his threats."
    "Don't you worry just yet little man, we'll get it done." Tulkis growled."Save the worrying for after its done, when we get out from beneath your pal's boot heel. We might meet again then, but the circumstances are going to be be a little different next time, I think." The escort raised their weapons nervously but the Corellian Senator only smirked and sauntered off.
    Once the Corellian was out of sight, Tulkis took the data card and discreetly transmitted it to the Vigo Council. He had no intention of crossing the Empire himself. It was safer to just pass this job on to the Vigo Council and hope that they assigned some other poor sod to this suicide mission.

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    << Message from Advisor Immodet to the Vigo Council >>

Vigo Shadow Trooper just contacted me. One of his agents has been contacted by a Senator who is in league with Banjeer. Apparently, Banjeer and his allies want us to take out Imperial officer Janek Karso first. That way, they can replace him with someone they trust. Shadow Trooper and Darth Master Titus, would you be willing to perform this task? Banjeer has made his first mistake. The appearance of the Senator might give us an insight in how he plans on overthrowing the current regime.

Like Banjeer said, we won't be able to pull off the assassination without a diversion. ConservativeJedi321, could your Gungan agent help us create a diversion? Recently, there has been a lot of tension between the Gungans and the Imperials. Maybe, Otsisa and Ut-Reb would be able to play both sides against each other and let things go off during Palpatine's visit?

Meanwhile, it is important to gather as much information on Banjeer and his allies as possible. Since Banjeer has always operated from Coruscant, he might have been keeping Vigo Scholomancer captive right there. One of his aides, a fellow called Mahrwen, has been spotted by one of our spies. Jax Nova, Bookman, could you try to follow Mahrwen? See where he goes and perhaps even locate Scholomancer? Maybe, Vigo Darth Rozic could assist you. His interrogation skills might come in handy during this mission.

21. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Coruscant

As the deliberation began it seemed Gribish Nash was missing as well. Shortly before the event Bookman had transmitted a recording of Gribish Nash interrogating him after an obvious kidnapping. Bookman had sent the security recordings from Gribish's own facility. He didn't say how all this had happened or what the current situation was, or who got him out. Either way Glade was satisfied. Gribish would now be discredited and Bookman would have a sympathy vote.

He held the position of Rish Tayn, an honored member of the council and with that came great respect. The togruta was gone, his worst opposition, and Gribish was a disgrace. As he presented his case with eloquence the other members seemed to agree. That meeting brought about the first appointment of an outsider to the Crime family council. Bookman was to take Slen'markey's spot on the council, and even better Gribish's authority was to be delegated to Bookman as well in the absence of a suitable replacement for the Quarren. They now essentially held three out of the six spots on the council. Once the meeting was over Glade had one last visit to make. The Twi'lek Loua Sline. Glade didn't have to say much when they met, she knew what he had been doing. She was an older women and had seen better days, the two pictures he handed her with a set of coordinates was all see needed. With a feeble and defeated look in her eyes she responded. "I'll make your motion... but mind my words, this will come back to you." With that she walked off, stuffing the images and coordinates in her pocket. Glade had spent ever year at university gathering information on these people, any dirt that existed, anything they valued.... he knew it. This sentimental Twi'lek happened to frequent a museum of history. It was what was in the museum, however, that was of value. It was her family history. Not only was she a descendant of the famed General Sindula during the Clone Wars, her ancestors had a long standing tradition of fighting for "What's right," as it seemed. Here she was, a crime lord.... suspiciously meeting with local authorities once every month in a museum that gave away her very family history. Glade knew she had been an informant to the authorities for some time. She was smart about it. Smart enough to never give away anything that could be lead back to her or anything major enough they would know there was an informant. They were just tid bits of information here and there.

A day passed and another meeting was called by Loua Sline. The crime Lords gathered for an answer to what this meeting was about.

"I am old," Loua started as she opened the meeting. "I have served this council faithfully for years." She eyed Glade as she made that statement. "But I fear my time here is at an end, my friends. With the many changes Black Sun has brought, and the changing of Council members I feel it is the proper time that I too make way for younger blood. As unorthodox at it seems, I see a great with the ideals of young Glade Myst. I delegate him my authority on this council in the presence of you all."

"We already have hyper authority resting in a Black Sun member," one of the remaining two council members objected. "It does not seem wise to double this act."

"My authority is mine to give," Loua retorted.

"Do not worry," Glade told the council. "Bookman will not retain his hyper authority." A sly grin came over Glade's face as Loua signed the official document and transferred him her authority. Once she was finished he played a recording Bookman had sent him for this very purpose.

"I, Bookman," he said. "Delegate all my council authority to Glade Myst. I have been given a new task by the Vigo council and simply do not have the time to attend the meetings and see to the responsibility."

"This is outrageous!"

At this Loua got up and took her leave. Glade produced the official documents from Bookman and with Loua's as well he now held a four to two majority vote of the council. "Now... gentlemen." his sly grin grew even wider. "I have one last order of business to bring before this council. "I make a motion that with the changing times we make changes to the crime families. Our old systems are out dated... we need a fresh start if we are to salvage what is left of our group. The hit from Black Sun can tear us apart or be a crutch to hold us up as we gather together once again. I motion that we get rid of all this useless deliberating and consolidate the entirety of the power behind the Crime Families into a single leader who is wise and strong enough to make any motion or decision as needed without pointless debating and constant council meetings. A more concise and direct course of action will save us time and as well all know, time is money. I nominate myself and, of course, all four of my votes are cast as such."

The other two stared in wonder. Had they heard what they thought they just heard? "It would take a unanimous vote for such a movement to pass!"

"Aye, that it would," Glade said. "And my associate Bookman assures me I will get just that." At this point a message flickered to life on either of the two remaining member's data pads with an alert notice telling them that The Black Sun had bounties on their heads prepped to be filed with the official forums. The price was so high that they would likely be dead before they left the building. These bounties were only drafts, however, and could be avoided if they did not move against the will of Black Sun and oppose Glade's motion.

Needless to say, with great animosity, the Crime families were consolidated under the singular authority of Glade Myst. His first action as Emperor of the Coruscanti Crime families? To withdraw... from everywhere. He pulled all resources and units back to Coruscant. Everything. There he would "Re-Structure" the operation.

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    <Message to General Immodet.>
    Seems you're in luck, both Otsisa and Ut-Reb just arrived from their extended sabbatical on Polis Masa. I will inform them at once. Ut-Reb may be reluctant, due to his people suppose to be thinking he's dead, but considering how long its been since the battle of Naboo, I think the odds of him running into someone that knows him is remote.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alderaan

The base was in chaos, as his employees were running about, shredding all copies of vital documents, rummaging through safes and packing up goods to be relocated temporarily off world. This security breach had deeply concerned ConservativeJedi, and that was why he had decided his branch of the organization had to go underground, as he recommended the others do.

He found Wravachar right outside the entrance to the weapons safe, leading the crew responsible for packing up the weapons. He barked a warning at a clumsy human who had nearly dropped an apparent fragile gun, before turning to face the Vigo.

ConservativeJedi greeted him cordially, before asking him if he had seen the new arrivals. The Wookiee roared out a response, indicating they were dealing with unloading the spice safe. It was only a brief exchange, as Wravachar was soon driven to reprimand the same clumsy human who had busted something that was apparently quiet expensive.
    This concerned the Vigo, not the stupid weapon, he could just deduct the price of that from the foolish employee's pay. But Otsisa had been trying to sober up since he had refused to let her participate in their fight against the Pykes. And he hated the idea she could fall back into that addiction.

With a swift step he returned to the elevator, and went down one floor, where the drug safe was. And sure enough he found Ut-Reb there supervising the extraction of the mountain of mind altering substances they had gathered for trade over the years. "Hello Ut-Reb, have you seen Otsisa around?" He offered with a slightly concerned smile. The Gungan turned to face him, and responded hastily. "Yessa sirra. Shesa dide decide to helpa unload da creditsa safe, knowing dat such temptation of dese spice woulda be too mucha for hera." This brought a genuine smile to the Vigos face, as he was happy his chief lieutenant was remaining strong.

"Good. Can you delegate someone to take your place here? I have a mission for you and Otsisa. You are going back to Naboo." The Gungan was surprised by this and tried to argue. "But mesa supposen to be dead. Dead on da battle fieldsa of Naboo all dem years ago. If mesa return den da Gungans be knowing I did notta die, and dey not look too kindly on desertsa boss..." ConservativeJedi cut him off quickly. "It has been a long time since then, and your assignment ought to keep you on the human settled side of the planet. So it is unlikely you would run into anyone you know."

As he turned back to the lift he added one thing. "But bring a blaster just in case."

When he informed Otsisa she took to her knew assignment well, eager even. "After all that time in the bacta tank I sure could use a task to stretch my blasting arm. I'm on it. Just let me pack, and we'll be off in no time."

ConservativeJedi smiled, and turned back to the task at hand, deserting their current base, and waiting out until they can find a time to give Banjeer his much deserved comeuppance.

Tags: Anyone

23. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    With an electric whine, the holo transmission between the Vigos died out. Another task he must ask of his men who have given more than enough to this criminal organization; one they had no ties with and owed them nothing.

Titus downed the final gulp of his Cassandran brandy and made his way to the med bay. In one corner of the room, Ciro laid sprawled out on a visitor's couch, most likely catching up on much needed rest after their recent mission. In the center, Errai stood tall, examining Pax's body in stasis within the bacta tank.

"No matter how many times I tell myself otherwise, I still feel responsible for their lives," Errai spoke up, hearing Titus entering the room.

"They chose this life. You taught them everything that has made them who they are today. But you cannot watch over them forever. This is a risky business, you should know that better than anyone".

Errai turned around to meet Titus's eyes. "I know, brother. It doesn't make it any easier, though. First Rig, now Pax will probably never be able to lead in the front again. He's completely blind. But he's tough, he'll most likely prove me wrong, someway." The seasoned mercenary chuckled to ease the tension.

"The doctors have been keeping me updated. He should make a full recovery, despite losing an eye. These guys are tough." The Vigo shifted uncomfortably, feeling shame he was about to ask for another favor. Errai picked up on this. "I know you too well, what's the job?"

"Errai, this is without a doubt the most important, and most difficult operation you'll have ever attempted. You don't have to accept if you..."

"Eh, just tell me. We've come this far with the Black Sun. Why back out now, especially with all that has happened." Errai took a step back and leaned on the wall, gesturing for Titus to continue.

"You have been tasked with assassinating Emperor Palpatine, with the help of Faya."

Errai had his best sabacc game face on not betraying any of his thoughts. After a few moments of silence, the merc burst out into laughter, nearly waking up Pax. "That is something, isn't it? I'm in." He looked over between Pax and Ciro, and back to Titus. "Just make sure these two don't get into more trouble. If you're serious about me attempting a hit on the most powerful man in the galaxy, I might not be around to watch over them. Should be fun though, right?"

The two men stood there shaking their heads and sharing a hysterical laugh, knowing this was a near suicide mission.

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    << Message from Advisor Immodet to the Vigo Council. >>

The Queen of Naboo has come through on her end of the deal. ConservativeJedi321, she has created a cover identity for Otsisa and Ut-Reb. That way, they will be able to do everything in plain sight. We also received a map of Naboo signaling all Imperial outposts. Might come in handy during the mission. Although the Queen won't help any of our agents, her security forces will do nothing to interfere with our business.

Darth Master Titus, glad to hear Errai took on the mission. He was selected because he's the only person capable of working with Faya. After recent incidents, most of our men do no longer trust our former Jedi. Even I am reluctant to use her. After the death of Skild, Vigo s_heffley sent Faya away to a space station near Kaliida Nebula, not far from Naboo. Let Errai pick up Faya and then travel to Naboo. Cover identities have been created for them as well.

That still leaves us with Janek Karso, the Imperial officer who will be put in charge of the security during Palpatine's visit. Shadow Trooper, could you perhaps give some extra intel on his whereabouts. Surely, your smugglers must have picked something up. Might be best to make his death look like an accident, so we won't create any hostilities.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secret location

As Trillian Banjeer returned from debriefing his aide Mahwren, he heard his fellow conspirators yelling at each other. He entered the room where the meeting was being held, although most people were present through hologram communication. The two persons who didn't seem to be getting along, were Senator Garm Bel Iblis and admiral Hiram Drayson who claimed to be representing someone important. Other participants of the conversation included Queen Apailana, a couple of Senators, and some members of Banjeer's own family.

Drayson: Have you all gone completely mad? The Empire can only be overthrown by an alliance of planets taking a stand against it. Replacing the Emperor will do you no good unless the Galaxy is on your side fighting together with you!

Banjeer: As long as the Senate is intact, we won't be needing an armed revolution, Admiral. We shall win this battle through democracy. Yet, first, it is necessary to get our hands dirty.

Drayson: Although I agree we need a powerful weapon to overthrow the Emperor, you are resorting to very same means your enemies use. Sometimes, I wonder whether you are any different than Palpatine!

Banjeer: I feel where this is going, Admiral. You won't support our actions, but you won't to do anything to stop us. No problem, step aside like all the other cowards.

Drayson: I am no coward! You are the real cowards using a criminal organization instead of fighting yourselves. I am done with you all. Goodbye.

After Drayson's hologram form faded away, Banjeer made everyone raise his glass. 'Let's drink to the return of the Republic!', the justice officer shouted.

25. Shadow Trooper

Jul 18, 2013
    Corellia
    Shadow Trooper had his organization working hard to fulfill the directives of Bel Iblis. After initial investigations were completed, Shadow Trooper called Captain Malis and Captain Tulkis to discuss next steps. "Have you found anything on Janek Karso?" Shadow Trooper demanded of his Vigos. "Yes, Vigo" Malis replied. His red eyes were brighter than usual. Whatever intel the Duros had recovered was bound to please. "He has a teenage son with a spice addiction. Perhaps we can get to the father, through the son!" Shadow Trooper gave the alien a comradely slap on the back. "This is excellent Malis. If we can put some leverage on him, than we won't even need to risk killing him. Unlike what the Senator says, I think killing Palpatine would be harder if we murdered Karso. While the new chief would supposedly help us, it would also put Palpatine on guard for any possible assault. This way we can remove Karso without tipping our hand!"
    "I wouldn't get too excited yet Vigo" Tulkis growled. "Everything we know about this man indicates that he is an Imperial Fanatic, a true patriot. What if he places his loyalty to his Emperor above that of his own blood?"
    "I thought you knew better Tulkis?" Malis chided. "Self interest is the only thing that really motivates beings. Anything else is secondary."
    "It doesn't matter." Shadow Trooper said. "Even if he refuses to play, we can hand off this information to the ISB through Xizor's people at the court. I am sure that they would act quickly to remove the man from the security chief position. Whether or not he has actual conflicts of motive doesn't matter, the potential is enough for our purposes. Captain Malis, I am putting you in charge of our part in this operation. Your authority will be secondary to the actual assassins once you make it planet side, but you will have full command and responsibility for the successful insertion and extraction of our people. Take this over to Darth Master Titus and his people and see if it meets their approval."
    As soon as he was dismissed, Tulkis let out a sigh of relief. Naboo was a suicide mission and he was glad he was having no part in it. What puzzled him was that the idiot Malis actually seemed pleased about being picked for such an assignment. The Duros was a shrewd and ambitious criminal; he surely realized that this operation was doomed. There was too much intrigue and unexplained factors in Black Sun these days, for Tulkis's liking. For the hundredth time that week, Tulkis dreamed of running home to Toola.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.