main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise of Nobility official release discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by keithabbott, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    One of the creaming guards....ah!

Errr... FAMILY SHOW HERE! [face_laugh]

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    hehe. *wipes forehead* I'm glad it wasn't me who said that. hehe. At first I thought it was. *wipes forehead again*. Elizabeth, for shame girl. :)

Keith

3. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    :eek: Screaming guards!!! It was a typo!! *groans* There goes my good name....

*wills self to check messages more closely before posting them*

4. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
  5. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Since the release we've had 5 gigs with of traffic on our site, and that's not even including the downloads from the mirror sites. I'm really curious what the majority of these people thought of the audio drama. It's a shame folks haven't been communicating, but there have been a handful of responses and all have been positive.

Anyone else? Oh and Elizabeth told me she's working on a Raneely fan fic. :) So when do you think we'll get to see it Lizzy? :)

Keith

6. scribe88

scribe88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    Not being a computer geekoid, I'm not sure what 5 gigs is. Is that a lot?

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    You'll want to take that and divide by the size of the average file, basically.

8. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Got your page updated, Keith. Uhm, again. Should be fine now.

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks Nathan, oh and Scribe...that's just traffic bandwith. It doesn't necessarily include the number of downloads of the audio drama. I think considering what kind of presentation we're doing...it's alot. If it were a fan film, it might be quite substantially higher.

Keith

10. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    (LIZZY???) :confused:

[face_plain]

Well Keith, I've posted the introduction up already and I'm working on chapter one, which I hope to have posted in a couple days. The story is starting when he is quite young, and will continue through his whole life. The main emphasise will be on him ages 8 - 15, and then I'll briefly summarize the end of his life. Never married, has his own practice, blah blah blah. The link is HERE if anyone is interested.

Thanks to Linda for inventing such an intriguing character!

Oh, and the interview with NatalieEmpire.com pulled off rather well, except for the fact that I was half and hour late... *ducks head in shame* It was a lot of fun, and the website will put up the interview as soon as their forums are working again.

11. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I guess they'll post that interview sooner or later. :) Seems those forums over there are still having some issues.

Gonna have to check out the next installment of your story though. I saw it up there this evening.

Keith

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The NatalieEmpire forums are up but the interview ain't posted. ?[face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    It seems they're just temporary boards; maybe they're waiting for the "real" boards to be up again.

And Bellyup--So, can you also do a Keira Knightly impression? (re: your icon) :p

(Although I guess if you can do "queen voice Padme", you could also do "queen voice Sabe"...)

EDIT: Holy cow, this is my 5,000th post. Anyone know where I can find a life at discount price?

14. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    RoN will be featured on Requiem of the Outcast's October Edition. Myself, Janine, and Ron will take a listen at this long awaited FAP and review and promote it. You will be able to listen to RotO at starwarsfanworks.com/requiem.html

15. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    Ooh, can't wait!

16. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Bellyup: Let us know when the fanfic is done, and we'll be sure to put up a news item about it, or even, if you want, host the actual story via the RON page on Fanworks.

17. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Well, we recorded RotO last night. I need to break down 2.5 hours of audio into a little over an hour if possible. And that's without my celebrity interview, commercials, intros, music, or a review of Rise of Nobility as my cohosts didn't have time to listen to it yet. I think I will save it for next month since that will be a predominatly fanforce show, and since, correct me if I'm wrong, this was mostly a fanforce project, right?

18. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Actually, nope. The Moisture Farm Co-Op was was an independent fan club and never a memeber of FanForce. We actually voted twice on the subject of joining FanForce..and both times voted against it.

Keith

19. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    For those interested, NatalieEmpire.com has posted an interview with Elizabeth.

Keith

20. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    About time, too. :p

21. scribe88

scribe88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    Cinemafreak, on behalf of everyone, thanks so much for your interest in our audio drama. We really appreciate it, after everybody working so hard on it!!

And Elizabeth, great interview!!

22. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    mp3-of-the-week continues! :) Elizabeth..you really might like the new one! :) hehe

Go visit the site...

Keith

23. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Well guys, just an update...I'm not dead. Just busy trying to get a new job in this horrid economy. Anyhow, I've updated the site today with the news about the DCon video and another mp3 of the week.

Keith

24. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    If you guys haven't been to the site lately, there are some new mp3s up.

Keith

25. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Looks like some of us from the RoN crew will be at MarsCon in Williamsburg, VA this month. More soon...

Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.