main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Rise Of The Dark Side (a story of betrayal and redemption) pre-TPM /OC/vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TenelKaJedi, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenelKaJedi

TenelKaJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Sorry about that. My computer is being a pain.
    Anyway, this is my first try at fanfic. Give me your opinions, please!

Title:Rise Of The Dark Side
    Author: TenelKaJedi
    Timeframe:2,000 years before TPM
    Summery: A young Jedi tells of her fall to the Dark side, her actions against her former Masters, and her rise to Sith power.
    A lesson to be learned from this, a lesson is-Master Yoda

Fear leads to anger

Anger leads to hate

Hate leads to suffering

Ah, the wise words of Master Yoda. Or are they so wise? I don't seem to be suffering. All I feel is POWER!

I was the apprentice of Jedi Master Orpa Kalkoun, supposedly learning all the ways of the Force. Hah! I was a deluded, too-trusting child. Kalkoun was intentionally keeping me from my full potential; I realize that now.

My new Master, Lord Darth Uriss, showed me just how naive I was....

I was fourteen, and had been Orpa Kalkoun's Padawan for nearly four years. Lately I had become dissatisfied with my Master. He seemed to be hesitant about my training, not even allowing me to use the Force unless he was with me; he was treating my like a first year novice!

I was tired of being treated like a youngling, but I was loyal to my Master, and I vowed to wait it out. There was surely some
    reasonable explanation as to why he was holding me back.

At my next training session, I asked Master Kalkoun why he seemed so relunctant to teach me. Kalkoun, noted for being extremely subtle in his conversations, was extraordinarily blunt with me, this time.
    "You are too dangerous for me to move ahead any further," he said. "You are controlled too much by your anger."

Oh, please! My anger has not made me dangerous, it has made me stronger!

I walked away from my Master that day, hurt by his words and his fear. I left the Jedi Temple, intending to simply walk around until my temper had a chance to cool down, but something, or someone, seemed to call to me as soon as I stepped out of the door.

Valima, come to me.....

I followed the call to the bottom-most levels of Coruscant. Down there, the light is so dim even one of MY people, the Togorians, have trouble seeing.

The call led me to what used to be a pleasant house, but was now nothing but a shattered ruin. I stepped inside, fear causing me to grip my lightsaber so tightly that my claws popped out. "Is...is anyone there?", I called knowing the answer even as I spoke. Two yellow eyes peered at me out of the darkness, and a sinuous voice broke the silence. "I have been watching you, Valima Sapporra. Your anger is strong. YOu would make a powerful ally, if you so chose."

At the time, the dark intentions behind the words frightened me. "Who are you? Why do you speak of Dark things?",I cried, terror holding me in its grip.

"I am one who realizes your ful potential, young one. Unlike that so-called 'Master' of yours," the voice purred. "I am one who can show you the path to ultimate power. All you have to do is come with me."

"No!" I cried, still unable to see the truth. "I will not desert my Master."
    "The same Master who said you were to 'dangerous' to train?", the voice mocked me with its scorn. "The same Master who is afraid of his own pupil? Dear child, do you really want to support such an incompetant being?"

When the voice spoke, rage began to build inside me, rage that I couldn't control. With a howl, I activated my lightsaber and attacked. An orange blade rose to meet my violet one, but I moved with lightning speed, letting my fury fill me, consume me. It felt GOOD! After a few minutes, my fury abated, and I let my lightsaber drop. I grinned at the eyes, which were still watching me, and laughed. I bowed, saluting with my lightsaber before I deactivated it. "You are right, whoever you are. Anger gives me power. I will come with you, Master."

The voice chuckled. "I knew you would. But do not call me Master. I am Darth Uriss, Dark Lord of the Sith."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Darth Uriss taught me more than I ever hoped to learn. My power grew and grew,

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Ooooo.......

O.O

I like!!!

:D

Is there any more?

?[face_plain]

3. ChibiJedi

ChibiJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Very good first fic! Please read mine Lost For Words!

4. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    Ajent_Jaid: Sorry, this was a one post stint. I have another story, Time Master, that I think you'll like. The link is in my sig.

ChibiJedi Glad you like it!

TKJ

5. TenelKaJedi

Jun 9, 2003
    This is a shameless up, so perhaps this thing will get some more reviews. *Face looks doubtful*

TKJ

6. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Stryke ~ That was great!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.