main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rise of the Empire (Fan Novel)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by MasterPalpatine, Jun 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterPalpatine

MasterPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2000
    I will post some chapters of my novel I am writing. If anyone cares to read it and add on, then I will be grateful. My novel is called Rise of the Empire. I like that name even if it is similar to some other title! It Begins 8 and 8 months after Battle of Endor. This would be a while after Darksaber. It is about the remains of the Empire (I haven?t given up on them!) trying to regain control. The Empire includes a dilapidated SSD, General Veers, and some made-up characters.

2. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Anyone want to see the beginning chapters of the story? confused.gif

3. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Begins 8 and 8 months after Battle of Endor

Star Wars Rise of the Empire

Chapter 1

General Maxamilian Veers waited in a passenger seat on board a shuttle destined for the Super Star Destroyer Galactica. The Galactica was recently pre-fabricated at several isolated shipyards. It is the largest Imperial battle ship known.
    General Veers is famous for his leadership when he lead the attack against the hidden rebel base on Hoth. The alliance assumed he was killed during the attack when a struck snowspeeder crashed into an AT-AT walker that the alliance thought was in command.
    The shuttle entered a docking bay, and Veers was directed to the meeting hold. A meeting of all high-ranking Imperials whom could be accessed to was about to begin. This meeting would reunite the last of the Empire. Many fought against each other. Veers thought that hopefully the meeting would end the betraying and smuggler-like attitudes for some of them.
    There were few known Generals such as Veers. There was a considerable less amount of high-ranking Moffs and Admirals in the Empire.
    Veers took his seat among the several dozen high-ranking officials. Present was Admiral Daala, the newly emerged Admiral from the Maw. Also among was Vice-Admiral Pellaeon, the commander of the Chimaera. Some ambassadors and governors of Imperial planets were also present. There were a handful of colonels of garrisons, and commanders of fighter squadrons, and captains of ships that could be present.
    ?We all know what the New Republic have done to us.? Announced Supreme Commander Gurval Dreggor of the Galactica. ?They took out many of our glorifying constructions against all odds. They have spread terrorism and disorder throughout the charted regions of the galaxy. It is time we reunite and give vengeance to them!? Many of the officers grumbled as if this was nothing new to them. ?I am aware of the many attempts made by other warlords to seize the New Repu-I mean the Rebel Alliance. The reason they failed is because they did not attempt to work as a team together. Without that, it would be like swatting insects for the Rebels. If we work together, then we could become a swarm the Alliance could not bare.?
    Veers realized the quality of Supreme Commander Dreggor?s leadership. He was planning on joining the scattered forces to conquer the rebellion. Veers listened on to his speeches. ?How would we keep our negotiations secret to the New Republic?? Spoke Moff Vordon. Dreggor fround. ?We would use common sense, and not tell them!? ? Would they detect the stirring of our fleets?? asked General Garbon. ?I would think not if we direct them among trading routes, and disguise them as civilan ships.?
    ?Away from the discussion, and into the regrouping. I will need to know the inventory and status of each of your armadas.?
    Some grumbled to each other about how premature Dreggor is taking them into the negotiation. But the majority was ready to make plans.

---------------------------------------------
    (It gets better!)
    If you liked it then I'll post my other chapters.

4. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Chapter 2

Mon Mothma glanced around the large table of the conference emporium. A council meeting was set in place to discuss the pending loyalty of several core systems. She saw the usual present despite the government staff of the systems on the topic. They were the New Chief of State, Leia Organa Solo, Admiral Ackbar, Admiral Drayson, not-quiet-admiral Garm Bel Iblis, General Dodonna, General Reeikan, General Antilles along with director Qwi Xux, Winter, General Solo, General Calrissian, Commander Willard, Commander Derlin, and a few other mentionables. Ever since she stepped down her rank, people would go back to calling her ?Senator?. Born and raised on Chandrilia, Mon Mothma was life-long trained on charisma, leadership, and diplomacy. Her parents, who were also politics, are the reason she got her credentials. She now thought she was worn down, and thought Leia was more suited, since she was young, willing, and also life-long trained as a high-scoring politician.
    Leia noted the governments of the systems requests and demands as they discussed their loyalty to the New Republic. Not all liked the idea of a jedi potential in charge of the New Republic. But they seemed unaffected. After the meeting was over, everyone rose, gathered their papers, and muttered to each other as they headed to the turbolifts. Leia met with Han and attempted to cheer him up. He was being moody, which annoyed Leia. ?Why must they always constantly demand things?? Han muttered. ?The New Republic are not thrived with luxuries.? Han glanced at Leia. ?What?? Han asked. ?Listen to yourself.? Leia told. ?You sound like a committee. Imagine yourself saying that ten years ago!? Leia chuckled. Han turned away embarrassed. He spotted Lando. ?How about a juri juice or a Corellian ale?? Han asked Lando. Leia spoke up ?Not so fast, Han! You promised to take the kids to the parade.? Han grumbled and mumbled to himself about bossy wives. ?Hello Leia, how?s Luke?? Lando asked. ?Fine as far as I know. He hasn?t contacted me in a week. You know how he?s busy with his training. He could never take any vacations.?
    Han entered into his suite. Threepio glanced at him ?Greetings Captain Solo, How was the meeting? Did you fulfill your-? ?Ohhh, forget about it Goldenrod! Children!! Get your butts in here this instant!!? He saw Teneniel, and forgot she was in here watching his children. Han?s face turned red. ?Oh-uhh hello Teneniel, I forgot you were in here.?
    Teneniel, a witch who was from Dathomir, became friends along with Isolder to Han several years ago. She had came to visit and relax on Coruscant along with Isolder. ?The children are in the den. Isolder went to the Coruscant Extravaganza to look around.? Leia along with Lando entered as the children, Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin came in from the den.
    Jaicen and Jaina were about three and a half years old. Anakin was over two. They through their toys on the floor, and ran to their parents. Leia told them to go pick up their messes. ?Well, after you three are done, I will take you to the parade like I promised!? Han told them. The children and Teneniel cheered in excitement. Teneniel suddenly fell silent as she realized that Han was referring to his children.
    Leia, Lando, and Teneniel chatted with each other, as Han and the children left to see the parade. Chewbacca was at the Millenium Falcon repairing a servo controller. Han and the children walked down the wide crowded streets, and looked for a nice view to see the parade from.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker concentrated on teaching his thoughts of the force to his jedi candidates. ?Feel your way to the brick with the force. Rise it using the force. Gently, do not rush it, or you will find yourself accomplishing nothing.? Luke spoke to struggling Tionne.
    She let out a sigh of grief when nothing happened. ?Easy now, Tionne!? Luke said, ?Don?t curse yourself. You?re only destroying your confidence from the inside out with your grief! The longer you think it will take, the longer it will take.? Luke told her as if reading her thoughts.
    Usually by now the c

5. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    more to come

[This message has been edited by MasterPalpatine (edited 06-14-2000).]

6. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Has anyone read and liked this story?

7. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Uh, here some more of this story.

[This message has been edited by MasterPalpatine (edited 06-14-2000).]

8. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Chapter 3

Luke landed his X-Wing onto a floating platform connected to the Imperial Palace. He noticed a waiting party for him as he and Artoo climbed out.

?Master Luke! Its is a pleasure to see you again! Yes, it?s nice too see you too Artoo!? exclaimed Threepio. ?How you?ve been doing?!? Lando said. Everyone else also greeted Luke. Leia spoke up ?We?re riding in the luxury yacht named the Yanzhi Dha. We?re stopping at one of the glamorous planets out in the outer rim.? Luke noticed how soon they were going on the vacation. Perhaps Leia was more ancy than expected.

?Well, would you look at that beauty, it sure does give it to you when you look at a class A prototype luxury yacht.? Lando said. ?Well, it may have its looks, but it truly is something I wouldn?t want to fly in while in smuggler and pirate space. I mean, it is pathetic! No weapons, weak shields, weak hull? you just can?t rely on these ships!? Exclaimed Han. ?Would you get over it, you old pirate. You?re the most paranoid man I know!? chuckled Lando.

After saying good bye to the kids and Winter, they boarded the yacht early in the Coruscant morning. Han walked up the ramp, and headed to the Yanzhi Dha?s cockpit to warm up the engines. Mara Jade followed walking alone with only one lone backpack. Lando went up with Mon Mothma. Luke noticed how Mon Mothma was wearing plain articles of clothing, and not her usual Senate dresses. Luke dragged his suitcase up along with Artoo and Threepio. Leia followed last as to make a quick check.

The ship was truly gorgeous, much more than anyone would have expected. Leia was used to the crude environment in the Falcon. There was a turbolift that would take them to any of the Yanzhi Dha?s three levels. On the top level were the gaming room, the relaxation lounge, the dining hall, and the cockpit in the front. The middle level contained the suites. The third contained the storage area, plus the engine compartment.

Leia along with the others went to their suites. There were only only 4 suites, and each contained 2 king-sized beds. Mara Jade followed last, and bit her lip for not calling out a room before the others did. ?Looks like Mara and Chewbacca need to share a room with one of ya.? Han told to Luke and Lando. ?Ohhh Mara, how would you like to stay with me in my room?? Lando chanted. Mara glanced at Lando giving a sour look at him, then glanced at Luke. ?All right with you if I share your suite?? Mara asked Luke. ?Uh, sure!? replied Luke. Lando muttered to himself and turned his head up to gaze at the wookiee. ?Great.? Grumbled Lando. ?Well, looks like your stayin? with ol? Chewy!? laughed Han. ?The droids can be put in my room when not in use.? Said Mon Mothma. ?You two oughta get used to being in there then.? Han told the droids. ?Apparently we are not wanted, Artoo.? Threepio told. Artoo gave a mournful toot.

Han, Chewy, and Lando entered into the cockpit. They warmed up the engines, and prepared to lift off. ?This is the Yanzhi Dha, do we have clearence for lift off?? Han asked. ?Granted, you have lift off.? The luxury yacht lifted from the platform, and headed for the sky. Soon it was out of sight.

?Ready to enter hyperspace? Han told Lando and Chewie. Lando found the intercom system amusing. ?Everyone, we are officially entering hyperspace? we are now in hyperspace!? Lando said as his words echoed through the yacht. ?Knock it off Lando!? Han yelled while clutching his head. Chewie growled. ?I?m just trying to be conventinal.? Lando said ?Then in that case, go get me a juri juice.? Lando grumbled as he got out of his seat and headed for the kitchen. Chewie grumbled to Han. ?Oh Lando! Chewie wants one too.? Lando looked back and mumbled something under his breath. He came back holding two glasses of juri juice. ?He you go, Han.? Said Lando. The ship began to shake, and Han?s drink spilled all over himself. ?Oh geez!? Han yelled as he gazed at his drenched clothes. ?Nice going Lando!? ?It?s not my fault that we entered space turbulence!? Lando exclaimed. Both he and Chew

9. MasterPalpatine

May 27, 2000
    Chapter 4

The vacation party was settled in the relaxation lounge. Luke looked around. Mon Mothma was playing a card game with Threepio. She placed two cards down, and Threepio added them to his. Artoo was monitoring their moves. Luke glanced over at Leia, who was discussing something to Han. Lando was trying to open a bottle of wine, and then asked Chewbacca for assistance. Mara Jade was brushing her hair down while looking in a mirror. She placed the hairbrush down, and glanced over at Luke, expecting him to speak. ?Up for a game?? Luke offered. ?I don?t know very many games.? Mara replied. ?Know any card games? How about standard poker?? Luke asked. ?Why not? Mara said as she sat in a seat in front of a low table. Luke grabbed a deck of cards from a compartment, and began to deal them.

?You have the hand, Luke. So anyway, how?s the academy going?? Mara asked. ?Just fine Mara.? Luke replied. They were silent for 2 minutes until Mara mustered up some courage and spoke up. ?You know, Luke, I?d go there, to your academy more often if I didn?t have a problem with that lover of yours, Callista.? Luke stirred and gazed into Mara, he didn?t know what to really say, he let the force guide him, and he knew that he must do something with Mara?s isolated grudge with Callista. ?You know your making this look much more painful to you than it really is. I don?t have a full relation with her, so you can not say I?m in love with Callista.? Luke changed the topic ?You should have come more often, or stayed longer.? ?Well, I?d love to, but it seems when I do, someone steals my ship, or makes me have a grudge on them.? Mara said. ?You come to the academy to learn to fix those problems, to prevent or settle them in a nonviolent way.? There was a long silence after that. ?Your hand again.? Mara said.

?Okay everyone! Quitting? time!? Han announced as he turned off the cockpit lights. ?It should a few days before we get out of hyperspace, about 4 or 5.?

The group descended to the middle deck, and entered into their headquarters. Threepio seemed quite interested in talking about cultures with Mon Mothma. Mara entered into the suite, and Luke followed. Luke was eager to bring up a subject just to talk to Mara. ?So, what do you plan on doing when we settle into our vacation? Mara gazed at him, as if trying to read off him on where he?s trying to get at. ?Oh, nothing in particular. She took off her outer clothing garments. ?Would you mind giving me some privacy?? Luke waited in the hallway as she changed. In reality, Jedi do not need privacy for they don?t get shy over their daily routines. After she was done, Luke simply took off his jumpsuit and went into the bed separate from Mara.

Mara had awoke first, and prepared breakfast for everyone. ?That was nice of you, Mara Jade.? Told Leia after everyone settled in. She and the rest of the party grabbed a plate and sat around the table in the dining hall. Lando was miserable, and had a haunted look on his face. He had not slept well with a wookiee in the same room. Threepio spoke to him ?Sir, would you mind-? ?Want your head bit off, Threepio?!? exclaimed Lando. Mara chuckled over the incident.

The party gathered at the lower deck of the yacht to see the miniature museum. ?How interesting.? Threepio said as he bounced his head from one side to the other looking at the pictures and displays. Mara and Han were not so easily pleased. Artoo beeped and chirped. Mon Mothma already knew most of the history contained in the museum, and was more passive. The Museum arched and led the party where they began. ?Well, It was intriguing on how good the walls looked in there, not to mention the floor!? Exaggerated Mara.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.